Alex95

5 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

I have the most confused reactions from @Elliott and @Solaris. :dead:

Where is this feature? :dead: But his sounds about right. :haha: 

4 minutes ago, Elliott said:

The two mods being able to see it and not the rest of us. 💔 

Wait, i can't find the feature of how I can see it right now. :lmao: 

4 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I’m gonna preemptively guess @Alex95 has given me the most confused face reactions tbh

Ugh if that's true. I got to step up my game then. 😢 

10. Trenyce "Come See About Me"

DHJe62r.png

11.0/20

Watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgzBpCUWWJc

@~*8Kay8*~ - 1/20

@NGM - 2/20

@*Lily - 7/20

@taylorkat - 8/20

@JC - 8/20

@Alex95 - 9/20

@Crisis - 9/20

@*Amanda - 9/20

@*Chris - 10/20

@goofycilla90 - 10/20

@Elliott - 11/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 12/20

@*Diana - 12/20

@*Wallace - 13/20

@~Tom~ - 13/20

@Solaris - 14/20

@sublymonal - 14/20

@1234567890 - 16/20

@Steven_ - 16/20

@#jeah - 17/20

@FrogLenzen - 19/20

Nico

Has the personality to sell anything and sounds fantastic

Lily

Love this performance so much. Trenyce commanded the stage and added a really great current sound to this classic. Trenyce stans rise up!

JC

love her version of this, fab queen

Alex

This performance got me dancing in my chair :bobo:. Is it technically worse than some of the ballads I ranked below it? Yes. However, I had a hell of a lot more fun watching and listening to this than any of those performances. Trenyce's stage presence is such an underrated quality of hers that is so amazing.

Crisis

Definitely one of Trenyce’s best performances of the season.

Chris

Trenyce positioning herself as a front runner with this performance, although her first two performances proved that she was one of the top power vocalist of the season.

Elliott

My least favourite of the Trenyce performances that are in this, but still a really good performance so I'm putting it here.

Kevin

This performance puts such a smile on my face! So cute, she looked incredible and just a very well done job.

Wally

Trenyce was fantastic and came off as such a natural on her "Come See About Me" performance. She chose such a perfect song for her voice, where she showed off her style, swag and the soulful sweetness of her voice. I also loved the stage presence she had here. She was just so cool and made the performance look so effortless. I love those It keeps me crying baby for you. Keeps me sighin' baby for you parts that she sings here. I also love her little “come on, y’all.” :giggle: She didn’t do a whole lot of vocal runs but the ad-libs she did and added in there, were really cool. I also agree with Randy that she took this classic song where she showcased originality really made it her own.

Tom

Great R&B vocals! Though it's a boring mid-tempo song.

Steven

This was a good performance. Not particularly memorable, but I enjoyed it.

9. Kimberley Locke "Where The Boys Are"

FE8XcBt.png

10.6/20

Watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNUMoW7ncHw

@*Chris - 3/20

@*Wallace - 5/20

@*Lily - 6/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 6/20

@*Diana - 7/20

@~Tom~ - 7/20

@*Amanda - 8/20

@Elliott - 8/20

@~*8Kay8*~ - 8/20

@sublymonal - 8/20

@Solaris - 9/20

@FrogLenzen - 10/20

@taylorkat - 11/20

@#jeah - 12/20

@NGM - 14/20

@Steven_ - 14/20

@Alex95 - 15/20

@Crisis - 16/20

@1234567890 - 18/20

@goofycilla90 - 19/20

@JC - 19/20

Chris

This performance could have been old fashioned but there's something about Kimberley Locke's rendition that avoided that trap; I absolutely loved how she made everything look so effortless.

Wally

Yess I really loved Kimberley’s “Where The Boys Are" performance so much, and this is my 2nd favorite performance of hers which I am ranking at #5. I was really nervous for this when no one advanced this in their peer groups but once it got to the final round of votes, I knew it would be an easy vote through and thank goodness! ❤️ This is one of those many songs I never heard before Kimberley sang it but always associate it with her whenever I do hear this. :haha: I just love Kim’s voice on this and think she sounds so pretty and stunning on this! :wub: She sounds so pretty on the slow start of the song. But then I really love how she builds this up. Pretty much the last 30 seconds of this is my whole favorite part. ❤️ But I especially love the parts where she sings

And then I'll climb to the highest steeple and tell the world he's miiiinnnnnnne. 'Til he holds me 

Where the boys are, someone waits for me

:wub: 

This is another performance I wish was longer because this amazingness was so dang short. But still such a strong performance. Also I thought Kimberley looked absolutely adorable and cute in this performance. ❤️

Lily

I think this song was perfect for her and she did a great job as always - I'm repeating myself like 15 performances in with these comments :dead: But one of my favorites of Kimberley's for sure!

Kevin

What much is there to say? Another stellar performance from Kimberley.

Tom

In other words, Where the Bores Are. But Kim sang it great.

Elliott

Really enjoyed this, and I also think it's a bit underrated.

Andy

Lowkey hate this song but Kimberley delivered a near perfect vocal per usual

Nico

I hate this song lmao. She sang it very well tho

Steven

The song can be kind of boring, but her delivery made it work.

Alex

This game has helped me understand why I can't connect to Kimberley and it's because she makes the most dreadful song selections. This performance should not be as good as it was and that's solely thanks to Kimberley's vocal ability. But man...she has some of the absolute worst song choices the show has ever seen.

Crisis

Technically, this was one of Kimberley’s best showings during the season. However, it’s a song I personally find boring and therefore, I ranked it fairly low.

JC

this isn't terrible but boring and a little whiny

8. Ruben Studdard "Superstar"

cWlsBb7.png

10.3/20

Watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06O9zwAHOA0

@1234567890 - 2/20

@Crisis - 3/20

@taylorkat - 4/20

@FrogLenzen - 5/20

@~*8Kay8*~ - 5/20

@*Wallace - 6/20

@goofycilla90 - 6/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 7/20

@Alex95 - 10/20

@#jeah - 10/20

@Steven_ - 10/20

@Solaris - 12/20

@~Tom~ - 12/20

@JC - 13/20

@sublymonal - 13/20

@*Lily - 14/20

@*Chris - 16/20

@*Amanda - 16/20

@*Diana - 16/20

@NGM - 18/20

@Elliott - 19/20

Crisis

A great start for what would be a winning run for Ruben. It’s tied with Kimberley’s Somewhere Over the Rainbow as far as my favorite performance of Group 2 is concerned.

Wally

Back during Season 2, Ruben was my top favorite and it all started because of this performance - although technically I think he was my favorite since the audition rounds. I love me some classic and modern R&B music, so that could be why I connected so much to Ruben. 

I don’t remember how much I knew or was familiar with this song before Ruben sang it, but i do always associate this song with him. I’ve said it in my other write-ups and will do so here, but i just love Ruben’s voice. It’s so smooth, soulful and easy to listen to - and this performance is proof of that. He also brought an angelic quality to his voice while singing this too. He also brought so much passion, emotion and soul into singing this. I love how soft and smooth he starts this off and he builds it up nicely as the performance progresses. The chorus he sings here is my favorite part of this and I think it’s absolutely GOLDEN!

Don't you remember you told me you loved me baby

You said you'd be coming back this way again baby

Baby, baby, baby, baby, oh, baby, I love you I really do

It’s all SOO good and effortless! :omg: I just wished this was longer because the performance was so short. Ruben certainly deserved his spot via public vote, after this performance. I’m so glad Derek & I advanced this through into the finals. I’m really hoping this can get a good spot here.

Kevin

This is somewhat of a popular song choice on Idol throughout the seasons, but Ruben's has always been the one I've had the best recollection of. He was a frontrunner from day one and with this performance, he proved that he deserved this status. Just excellent.

Alex

Not a lot to say. Just a lovely voice and a lovely performance.

Steven

One of Ruben's best moments on the show.

Tom

Quintessential soulful Ruben but it's gone down a bit for me over the years.

JC

again consistent but sounds same as every other performance

Lily

A beautiful performance and sound for his voice that gave him a deserved spot in the final rounds!

Chris

This was a great performance but nothing outstanding. And if we needed a performance from Group 2 to make it through, it should have been KLocke's performance of Over The Rainbow; That being said, I do understand why we included it in the Top 20.

Nico

Fine, nothing impressive

Elliott

Hated it.

7. Clay Aiken "To Love Somebody"

BRJHFaH.png

9.4/20

Watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aqjLlHAwRA

@sublymonal - 1/20

@#jeah - 4/20

@Solaris - 5/20

@goofycilla90 - 5/20

@JC - 6/20

@1234567890 - 7/20

@*Amanda - 7/20

@FrogLenzen - 7/20

@~*8Kay8*~ - 7/20

@Alex95 - 8/20

@*Chris - 8/20

@Steven_ - 8/20

@~Tom~ - 9/20

@NGM - 10/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 10/20

@*Wallace - 11/20

@Elliott - 13/20

@*Diana - 15/20

@*Lily - 16/20

@Crisis - 18/20

@taylorkat - 19/20

Andrew

(87) - Even if Solitaire and DLTSGDOM had made the final vote, this would still be my top Clay performance. I was raised on the BeeGees and hearing him do justice to this song still brings me joy. I know it probably won’t win because others don’t feel as strong about it as I do, but I really can’t rank it lower than #1.

Andy

10/10. Great song choice for him

JC

not one of my top tier clay performances but still so much better than performances from most other contestants

Alex

I went into the performance expected to be bored, but Clay actually blew me away here. Definitely one of his strongest performances.

Chris

Clay's Idol journey often been hit or miss for me, but this performance was a HIT for me - it was near perfection and it's definitely worthy from a spot in this Top 20.

Steven

The song suited him well, and he delivered an excellent performance.

Tom

Easily the best on Bee Gees night.

Nico

Solid vocal, but like this was repetitive af from him

Kevin

This was good, better than Josh's, but I'd say Jordin and Trent did it a lot better.

Wally

It was interesting how Clay and Josh both sang "To Love Somebody" on the same night. I did feel Josh did a really good job and delivered one of his best overall performances on that song…… but Clay’s version was still much more superior imo, especially on a vocal level. Clay’s vocals were really crystal clear and stellar on this song. I do love how he would do some belting at the end of certain lines he sang, like the part where he sang “TO DO EACH AND EVERYY LITTTLLEE THINGG” and “WHAT DOOOESS IT MEAN?” for instance. But my favorite part is where he really power belts TOO LOOVEE SOMEBODDYYY. He SANGING IT there! :omg: And it definitely goes without saying how this was Clay’s far superior performance on the Bee Gees night.

Elliott

Clay's only good performance.

Lily

Interesting how this got performed twice on the night, Clay had the better performance with this. Although still not a major favorite of mine in comparison to these others, idk I think Clay's not one of my top faves in AI2 (shall I go into hiding now or later?).

Crisis

A strong vocal showing from Clay; however, I prefer others above it hence the low ranking.

6. Trenyce "I Have Nothing"

pqJ6eeJ.png

7.5/20

Watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvHQahbL6C4

@1234567890 - 1/20

@taylorkat - 1/20

@*Lily - 2/20

@Alex95 - 3/20

@#jeah - 3/20

@*Amanda - 3/20

@*Wallace - 4/20

@goofycilla90 - 4/20

@NGM - 5/20

@*Diana - 5/20

@Crisis - 6/20

@Elliott - 6/20

@*Chris - 9/20

@~*8Kay8*~ - 9/20

@JC - 9/20

@sublymonal - 9/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 11/20

@FrogLenzen - 13/20

@Steven_ - 17/20

@~Tom~ - 18/20

@Solaris - 20/20

Lily

Super tough song choice and Trenyce absolutely killed it, her powerhouse vocals really came out here and showcased her as a star.

Alex

Ugh it was top five till Andrew had to come in at the last second and rob it :/. So close to two Trenyce performances in the top five! Anyways, Trenyce SLAYED this performance and sang her butt off.

Andy

I mean duh, this is fantastic. Trenyce has such a gorgeous tone to her voice that is on full display here. She hit basically every note out of the park

Wally

As I said in my “Proud Mary” write-up, Trenyce launched “I Have Nothing” in being an overdone song on Idol. Of course that’s not Trenyce’s fault, and actually Trenyce’s version is amongst my favorite versions done on the show, so i am very pleased this advanced in the finals as it deserves! ❤️ I’m sure many of us consider this amongst one of the best versions too. Trenyce sang this song so beautifully and I think this was her overall best vocal performance. She connected well, brought the passion and emotion to the song. I love how she built up the song and power through the chorus! SO GOOD. :wub: I especially love those DON’T WALK AWAYYY / DON’T YOU DAREEE WALK AWAYYY FROM ME parts that she belts out. :omg: She also looked absolutely beautiful in this performance too. :wub: This is also my favorite performance of Trenyce so I hope it will rank well.

Nico

The original is a monster of a vocal (and it has time to build up to it), and while I think this has been done better in other shows, this was probably one of the best (if not the best) versions for a solid decade or even longer.

Crisis

The first to sing what would be one of the most overdone songs on AI. Her version is my second favorite and is her best performance remaining. Overall, it’s either my second or third favorite performance of hers.

Elliott

The best version of this song done on Idol, don't @ me.

Chris

Prior to this song being overdone on these type of show, Trenyce delivered the first performance of this iconic song on the Idol stage & it remains one of the better rendition to be done on it - there's only a few others that come close to her rendition of this iconic song. And this is the performance that I after associate with Trenyce because it's truly flawless. And objectively, I would have had this in my Top 5 but I am being a bit strategic so it find itself here.

JC

queen stays queen, she was a little pitchy in areas but gorgeous

Kevin

This was a great performance. It's been overshadowed for me by Jennifer's and Vonzell's versions, but Trenyce is probably right behind them as the best version of this song done on Idol.

Steven

Tough song to sing, but she did it justice.

Tom

The original I Have Nothing! But I've never been huge on the song so here it lands.

Solaris

I will take Vonzells version, thanks.

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Season 2 #10-6 Posted)

Pleased with Trenyce’s “Come See About Me” kicking off the Top 10. ❤️ Wow Kaley ranking this at #1. 😮 Kinda surprised Lily put this at 7th as i thought she would have ranked it higher. :haha: I low-key kinda wish I put this at #12 rather than #13 but ah well, happy with it making Top 10.

Chris better love me for my #5 ranking of “Where the Boys Are” ranking. 😘 But dangg, this ranking hurts. :( I really adore this performance and thought this was soo stunning. One of my veryyy favorites from Kimberley. ❤️ Agreed with Chris’ comments on this too. OMGGG so many people hating this song though….. I am crying. :dead: Dang nearly all the comments are dragging the song….. but I only really know Kims’ version soo yeah. :haha:

Ruben’s “Superstar” making it to 8th. Veryyy pleased there. Of course I’d love it a little higher but so pleased it made it to the Top 10. Elliott ain’t cute with that #19 ranking.

Even though Clay’s “To Love Somebody” just missed out my Top 10, I am pleased with its #7 ranking. Nice to see Andrew’s strong love for this performance. BYEEE @ Elliott saying this was Clay’s only good performance. :rolleyes: I’m not even a Clay stan but that’s not right.

Oooh awww what….. at Trenyce’s “I Have Nothing” missing the Top 5? Dangg wow I am shocked about this. Maybe the overdone factor ruined this for eople. But this was amazing and certainly deserved  spot in the Top 5. :( However, this coming in at #6 is still really good. ❤️ Sola IS NOT CUTE with that #20 ranking here though. 🙂

Just now, *Wallace said:

Chris better love me for my #5 ranking of “Where the Boys Are” ranking. 😘 But dangg, this ranking hurts. :( I really adore this performance and thought this was soo stunning. One of my veryyy favorites from Kimberley. ❤️ Agreed with Chris’ comments on this too. OMGGG so many people hating this song though….. I am crying. :dead: Dang nearly all the comments are dragging the song….. but I only really know Kims’ version soo yeah. :haha:

You've forgotten this version? :giggle:

25 minutes ago, #jeah said:

Lmao @ so many of us mentioning how much we hate the song “Where the Boys Are” :dead: it’s trash!

I could not believe all of those comments, omggg. :dead: 

22 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Superstar 8?!? 8?!?! EIGHT?!? How?

Cause it's a great performance. That's how. 🙂 

11 minutes ago, taylorkat said:

I Have Nothing robbed of top five, so disappointing.

That was a real surprise.  I thought for sure that would have been her highest ranked performance. :(