American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown

Alex95

Omg, so many pages to catch up on :haha: I’ll try to give my quick thoughts since I didn’t get a chance to do comments again...

20. Clay “Someone Else’s Star” (I ranked 18)— yeah, surprised to see this one make the finals. I had honestly forgotten about it even happening. That’s pretty much my reasoning for all of my bottom 5: ones I really didn’t remember. It’s a nice enough vocal, but overall it was boring (like a lot of others said in their writeups).

19. Trenyce “The Power of Love” (I ranked 13)— I love Trenyce and I love this song, so I think I gave it more of a boost than I should have. Not surprised to see it end up low, since it was definitely her weakest included performance. The overall was good, but it had some shaky moments. Agree with everyone who would have rather seen “Let’s Stay Together” or “Love Will Keep Us Together” make it instead, but I’ll take it bc I’m happy to see her have so much representation in the top 20 :yes:.

18. Ruben “Baby I Need Your Loving” (I ranked 16)— I really do enjoy Ruben’s voice. His performances are all fun to listen to, but he doesn’t have too many “showstoppers” like some of the other contestants. Solid though, and I’m glad it snuck its way into the end game.

17. Ruben “Kiss and Say Goodbye” (I ranked 20)— see above comments :haha: Except I did prefer the previous performance. 

16. Clay “Somewhere Out There” (I ranked 17)— I thought I remembered really liking this performance, but on rewatch it didn’t do that much for me. The more others I watched, the further it slid down my list before settling near the bottom. He sounds nice singing it, though. And it is a sweet song.

15. Kimberley “If You Asked Me To” (I ranked 19)— I felt bad putting this one so low, but it’s one I really didn’t remember at all, and I thought it was kind of boring on rewatch. I will say the 2nd half was stronger than the 1st. I would have rather seen some other Kimberley Locke performances in the finals that I definitely would have ranked higher!

14. Kimberly “Come To My Window” (I ranked 11)— I loved Kim when I watched the actual show, probably because she was so different compared to most of the other performers that season. I really enjoy the tone of her voice, and this song highlights it very well (especially in the beginning). I agree with all of the other rankers that said they were sad that she never really had another standout moment after this. I wanted her to do a lot better in the competition than she did!

13. Kimberley “Home” (I ranked 12)— this was a tricky one for me to place. I really didn’t remember it at all just trying to recall all of the performances from memory, but after rewatching everything this was really strong (especially that ending note)! I don’t think I appreciated Kimberley enough during her actual season. 

12. Clay “Unchained Melody” (I ranked 6)— This is probably the placement that surprised me the most so far. I wasn’t expecting to be one of its highest rankings. I thought it was an excellent vocal, and one of Clay’s strongest. 

11. Kimberley “Inseparable” (I ranked 15)— I feel like a lot of my previous Kimberley comments apply here too. Again, I think my rankings are a little skewed because her performances weren’t always the most memorable to me back when this aired (save for a few of them)... but I do love her vocals and think she deserves to have so many in the top 20. These last few were just performances I found a little boring in the overall picture of the season. 

I’m actually quite happy with this top 10. I think 9/10 were in my personal top 10 (with Unchained Melody being the one missing out). I do think this season was hard to rank as a lot of the performances were very good, but not a ton of wow moments. I struggled especially with the Kimberley and Ruben performances which I feel like I enjoyed more than my placements reflect. 

4 hours ago, *Wallace said:

I’m not the massive stats wizard like Derek is (though I try to be sometimes) but….. I counted 14 #20s have shown up already. 😮

That means the remaining #20s left to be revealed come from: Alex, Derek, Elliott, JC, Priscilla, Sola and Victoria. 😮

Nothing from KLocke showed up in the first set so this was obvi :giggle:

3 hours ago, *Chris said:

Having good taste is like having good hair, some people have it and others don't. Luckily for me, I have both ❤️ 

This comment was hilarity.

1 hour ago, *Chris said:

JC first then your sister! 

:P I watched all her performances, that's how I feel about the performances that made it, perhaps I heard certain parts that her fans are ignoring. To be clear, I don't have any personal hate towards Kim. I just don't enjoy her performances. That being said I really only "tanked" one of her performances.

56 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

black new york GIF
@*Wallace finally got it. 👏

It takes me awhile but I finally get there. :haha: 

43 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Did you all know we can see ALL of the reactions we've given and received on our profiles?

Mhmmm it's such a cool feature. :yes: 

34 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

Solitaire and Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me deserved over Someone Else’s Star and Somewhere Out There. :yes:

I think Somewhere Out There was deserving of its spot here. But yeah I would still choose Solitaire and DLTSGDOM over it.

Just now, 1234567890 said:

I’m slow. :dead: I thought @Elliott was taking about warnings. :stealth:

Oooh. :dead: 

I remember looking up at this feature months ago. I noticed most of my confused face reactions come from Elliott (OF COURSE)....whereas I'm sure I take up most of his confused face reactions on his profile. :haha: 

2 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Oooh and I also mentioned my winner's prediction in my write-up. I still feel confident that performance can win it..... but we'll see.

I think Ruben might have a shot at winning :giggle:but I'm hoping it's QUEEN Trenyce ❤️ 

1 minute ago, 1234567890 said:

thats so raven GIF

I was wrong on S1 as I predicted Kelly's Stuff Like That There to win sooo my track record isn't so hot. :dead: 

1 minute ago, JC said:

I think Ruben might have a shot at winning :giggle:but I'm hoping it's QUEEN Trenyce ❤️ 

Ahhh I would be so #shook about that but wouldn't complain. :haha: I  would be very happy with any of my Top 4 performances winning. ❤️ 

Just now, 1234567890 said:

A Ruben win would be surprising. :yes: I don’t see it happening with Superstar though.

It’ll be a whole new world or come see about me as I think these are the two performances that won’t get tank.

1 minute ago, *Chris said:

It’ll be a whole new world or come see about me as I think these are the two performances that won’t get tank.

Oh, I forgot that one was still in. :dead: I only remember him performing that with Chauncey Matthews on American Juniors. :rofl:

13 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

I noticed most of my confused face reactions come from Elliott (OF COURSE)....whereas I'm sure I take up most of his confused face reactions on his profile. :haha: 

Wait, how do we see those stats? :dead: I just get the overall numbers.