@*Lily - 20/20

@~Tom~ - 20/20

@*Wallace - 20/20

@Steven_ - 20/20

@hayden98 - 20/20

Solaris

underrated!

JC

IDK, she's the pretty one with legs. Since I'm gay, IDC. LMAO I'm listening to this, who put this through??? :rofl: At least I find this one entertaining though (mostly because I can't stop laughing that someone put this through) because that's more than I can say about other performances in this top 20.

Crisis

She got legs

She knows how to use them

Unbelievable! What the heck is this pair of legs doing here in this rarified air of the S6 Top 20?! This is an absolute outrage! What a waste of a spot! Who was responsible for her being here? Oh wait... :giggle:.

I was surprised all of her performances weren’t cut before deciding which performance to advance, but I wasn’t going to look a gift horse in the mouth. This was a fun and cute performance from Haley, plus the outfit certainly didn’t hurt. While not the most vocally challenging song, she sang the song well enough and it was good to see her being loose and confident on stage after the previous couple of weeks. It was a great way to start British Invasion Night. This will probably rank last if not in the bottom five, but Haley having a performance in the Top 20 is a victory in itself.

Honorable Mention: Stephanie Edwards - How Come You Don't Call Me Anymore?

"How Come U Don’t Call Me Anymore" was one of the performances I was considering advancing to the Top 20 in Round 4. However, I saw Haley still had a chance of getting one into the finals, so I went ahead and advanced “Tell Him” banking on HCUDCMA being available in Round 6 where I would have the opportunity to vote for it.

my-bad.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Regardless, this was Stephanie’s best performance of the season and one she needed because she received zero airtime prior to the voting rounds. She showed she was ready to compete and had potential to be a dark horse in the season. Unfortunately, she didn’t have any more performances like this and never really lived up to her potential the rest of the season. Still, this was a great performance from her, and despite being the first female performance of the season showed that the girls were going to be better than the guys.

Kevin

This Haley appreciation renaissance has me #shooketh lol. :wub: What's not great about a young woman going out and owning her sexuality and being rewarded with votes? America is misogynist enough as is. I absolutely loved rooting for her back in the day and I think she deserved to last as long as she did.

Elliott

QUEEN.

Priscilla

legs

Chris

Always been a guilty pleasure of mine - not vocally perfect or near the other performances in the Top 20 but still ranking it above some superior performances :ph34rwave:

Nico

Why?

Alex

I am here to stop any sort of Haley renaissance right here in its tracks. She's a privileged white girl who outlasted a bunch of much more talented contestants because of that reason. Having said that, this performance was her best performance and more fun than the performance I ranked last so congrats to her on that I guess!

Rei

insert Room for everyone gif fromGia Gunn here. This performance was just worthy of a Karaoke night. So many great performances we could have had instead of this.

Derek

Sanjaya has a better tone and is more exciting.

Lily

I mean I'm sure she's a lovely girl. But after watching 4 Melinda and 1 LaKisha performances and coming to... this, obviously just will never be on the same standard. We could have had Stephanie or Sabrina in this final 20 and instead we got homegirl at karaoke? Make it make sense!

Wally

In 2021, I didn’t expect to have to relive the thought and heartbreak of Haley making it through to the finals where Sabrina (and Stephanie) get overlooked and hosed but here we are. 😐:broken:

Okay now that I got my shady moment out of the way, I do really like this Haley performance. I thought this was her standout performance of her run and it’s my favorite from her. With all that said, I just don’t think it’s quite a Top 20 worthy performance. I would have preferred many other performances here over this one. But I do respect that Crisis was going to fight to have a performance from his (or one of?) favorite so I respect it. 

“Tell Him” was a fun performance that really highlighted Haley in her best light as a singer and performer. She got to be cutesy and flirty here and the song is such a great match for her voice. This performance also birthed “Halegs” where she would wear shorts or short dresses in her performances… which became a popular thing back in the AI6 days. :haha: Some of my favorite parts from this performance are where she sings the chorus and the second verse.

I know something about love. You gotta take it and

Show him what the world is made of, one kiss will prove it

If you want him to be always by your side

Take his hand tonight and swallow your foolish pride and.

Tell him that you're never gonna leave him

Tell him that you're always gonna love him

Tell him, tell him, tell him, tell him right now

And ooh I do love all of her little flirty dancing she does throughout the performance. Okay this was kinda a hot performance. :giggle: Still not Top 20 worthy for me but yeah a this was lot of fun to watch.

Steven

Haley's vocals weren't great here, but kudos to her for working the stage. It was a fun performance, but I don't think it's worth making the Top 20 (and I actually did like Haley). If a Haley performance was going to sneak into the Top 20, then "Ain't Misbehavin'" would've been a better choice.

Hayden

This performance was fun and I can definitely see why this is one of Haley’s more popular performances. Unfortunately for Haley, I thought it was fun and pleasant, but otherwise I was left feeling kind of indifferent. Kudos on making the top 20 though!

19. Gina Glocksen "I'll Stand By You"

bntunDD.png

13.8/20

Watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIWfHcL2K_E

@*Diana - 4/20

@Elliott - 8/20

@sublymonal - 8/20

@JC - 9/20

@*Amanda - 12/20

@*Chris - 12/20

@Crisis - 13/20

@Alex95 - 13/20

@goofycilla90 - 13/20

@1234567890 - 13/20

@*Lily - 14/20

@Solaris - 14/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 15/20

@*Wallace - 15/20

@FrogLenzen - 16/20

@NGM - 17/20

@hayden98 - 18/20

@.Rei - 19/20

@taylorkat - 19/20

@~Tom~ - 19/20

@Steven_ - 19/20

Elliott

QUEEN! ROBBED GODDESS! Ugh, I was so #pressed that Gina left in f*cking ninth place with *checks notes* literally everyone but Melinda and Cake still there.

JC

Was this her best performance? I'm about to fall asleep.

Chris

Wanna talk about a robbed contestant? Gina Glocksen is one. Anyway, I thought Gina did a great job on this song - easily the only performance worthy remembering from the hot mess that was the Gwen Stefani theme.

Crisis

I was hoping to prevent any of her performances reaching the finals. For starters, I’ll say Gina picked a song from an aptly named band because she was a pretender during the season. She tried to come across as a rocker girl, and to paraphrase Jay-Z I still don’t believe you, you need more people. It was really sad when Sanjaya and Phil came across as more authentic rockers than she did the previous week. Nonetheless, "I’ll Stand By You" was Gina’s best performance of the season. She didn’t pretend to be this edgy rocker and sang the strong straight. The best part was the verse because she didn’t try to push her voice. She would’ve been better off had she sang more like this and not tried to rock out.

Alex

Easily my favorite performance of the season outside of the top four (maybe Stephanie's first performance is up there idk). Gina had trouble finding herself, but this song was right in her wheelhouse. Vocally it was her strongest performance and it's also one of the most emotional performances of the season. She really connected to the song here and that's what made it stand out. Such a shame we lost her the next week.

Priscilla

overrated slightly but still good

Lily

I hadn't even realised how little songs originally by Gwen Stefani were even performed this night lol. I wish someone just risked their spot and did, idk, "Wind it Up". I thought this was really great from Gina, she connected great here.

Kevin

I've made my feelings on Gina known but this performance was definitely her best. Too bad Carrie went and showed her up a few weeks later. :haha:

Wally

I like Gina well enough but she’s not really one of my favorites of Season 6. But I do love this performance and think this as easily her best performance here. Not a performance I was truly pushing to get here and could have been fine without but I’m not mad that it’s here. Oh come to think about it, Gina did deliver my favorite performance on the Gwen Stefani theme so that’s really great on Gina.

Gina does have a tendency to overdo it or sing songs too big for her voice but not here. This was the perfect song for her voice in which she sang this beautifully. I also love how she sang this softly and poured so much emotion into this. She sounded lovely on the opening verse here. My favorite part is where she sings the chorus and the bridge of the song.

I'll stand by you

I'll stand by you

Won't let nobody hurt you

I'll stand by you

Take me in, into your darkest hour

And I'll never desert you

I'll stand by you

And when...

When the night falls on you, baby

You're feeling all alone

You won't be on your own

Very lovely. :yes: I cant recall where this will rank. I don’t think it will make the Top 10 but think this could escape showing up on the first set.

Derek

This isn't exactly the type of song that comes to mind when I think of Gina but she did okay with this.

Hayden

I’m glad Gina managed to reach the top 20 with a performance! This was certainly the highlight of Gina’s journey and it’s a shame that she was voted out the following week. This may have received a relatively low ranking on my end, but that is mostly due to me preferring the other performances.

Rei

Sorry to all the fans but my rewatch hasn’t been positive for Gina at all. I guess this was her best performance but I just don’t like her tone as miuch as a I remember. And she also seems she is on the verge of screaming. It was just okay for me.

Steven

This was Gina's best performance of the competition. She connected to the song and delivered a strong vocal. Nonetheless, I do happen to prefer most of the other performances in this Top 20.

18. Phil Stacey "Blaze Of Glory"

3Im659x.png

13.52/20

Watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV2vrpE9aL8

@Weedy_Speedy - 5/20

@Crisis - 9/20

@FrogLenzen - 10/20

@JC - 11/20

@goofycilla90 - 12/20

@1234567890 - 12/20

@hayden98 - 12/20

@taylorkat - 13/20

@Elliott - 13/20

@NGM - 13/20

@Solaris - 13/20

@~Tom~ - 14/20

@sublymonal - 14/20

@*Lily - 15/20

@*Chris - 16/20

@*Diana - 16/20

@Alex95 - 16/20

@.Rei - 17/20

@*Wallace - 17/20

@*Amanda - 18/20

@Steven_ - 18/20

Kevin

So there seems to be a running theme (I noticed from one poster in particular who may or may not be reading this comment first) that Phil was this terrible contestant and I won't be having it. He was inconsistent, yes, but when he was on he had the best voice of all the guys in season 6. He didn't have much of a prayer of advancing past Bon Jovi week, especially with the double elimination, but he went out there and owned the stage, absolutely going out in a blaze of glory. Other great performances from him were "Where the Blacktop Ends" and "Every Breath You Take," I would've loved if either of those had made it to the final vote as well.

Crisis

Good old Nosferatu managed to suck enough blood to make it to the much heralded Bon Jovi Week. There he drew on the plasma’s energy and gave what I consider to be his best performance. He sang the song with serious conviction and did his thing with it. It was a great way to kick off the night. He couldn’t have picked a more apt title for what would be his final performance. The boy’s Idol run lived to the fullest and died like a man. Went down in a "Blaze of Glory" he certainly did.

Derek

Aww, Phil you can have #10. Good luck.

JC

Ugh he was my actual least favorite of the season but I voted for him for the sisters in a timely fashion although this was unreturned and ended in GITP getting screwed but whatever, I'm over it.

Priscilla

glad Phil got a performance in the end

Hayden

This song was perfect for Phil to go out to! From what I remember of Phil, he had a great voice, but it didn’t always come together. This performance was so freaking good though!

Elliott

I didn't really care about Phil in S6, but there's no denying that he brought IT to this performance. Ugh Bon Jovi night was such a good time in Idol history, take me back :wub::wub::wub::wub:

Lily

I mean I suppose he did go out in a blaze of glory! Because I don't really remember anything else Phil did, but I do like this performance so good to see him represented with this in top 20.

Chris

This was one of the many strong performances from the Bon Jovi night - I am happy that this performance was able to sneak into the Top 20 & I think Phil should be happy that he was left the competition on a high note after this performance.

Alex

Me before: We need more representation in the top 20!

Me now that I've seen you interpreted that as Phil & Haley should be in the top 20: Uhhhh never mind.

Mayhaps a top 20 of just the top four here wouldn't have been a bad idea..........

All shade a side, this and "Where the Blacktop Ends" were admittedly great performances, but it was just way too little too late for me to care. He never should've lasted long enough to deliver those great performances.

Rei

I remember practically nothing about Phil but after rewatching this performance, I think it was actually kinda good. I like well enough to put it above some other performances.

Wally

Phil’s journey in this game was an interesting one for me. I thought he was a little underrated here as I thought he should have and a few more performances entered through into the game. I didn’t really foresee “Blaze of Glory” making the finals but I was surprised seeing its support garner up towards the end of the Round 6 voting round. This is another performance I would have been fine with missing the Top 20 as I love a few other performances that missed out and would have preferred some other contestants represented but oh well. It is deserving of making the Top 20 here. This is viewed as Phil’s best performance (although I go back between this, “The Change” or “Every Breath You Take” as my favorite of his). 

Phil does have a great powerful voice and really showcased wonderfully here. He also sounds good on the lower register here which tends to be his weak point. But my favorite part is how he powers through the chorus of the song where he sings:

I'm going down in a blaze of glory

Take me now but know the truth

I'm going out in a blaze of glory

And, Lord, I never drew first

But I drew first blood

I'm no one's son

Call me young gun

Really strong performance from Phil but my lack of attachment to it prevents me putting it any higher. This was a great final performance for him to go out on (which I was fine with as he was my least favorite of that Final 6).

Steven

I didn't care for Phil Stacey throughout his time on the show, but there's no denying this was a great performance. It was a bit too little, too late and I wasn't sad to see him get voted out that week, but at least he went out on a high note.

17. Chris Richardson "Don't Get Around Much Anymore"

8yS1Bzl.png

13.48/20

Watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mgj4-dYMF5I

@goofycilla90 - 1/20

@JC - 4/20

@Elliott - 7/20

@*Wallace - 8/20

@Steven_ - 8/20

@Solaris - 8/20

@1234567890 - 10/20

@sublymonal - 10/20

@hayden98 - 10/20

@FrogLenzen - 13/20

@.Rei - 14/20

@*Lily - 16/20

@taylorkat - 18/20

@~Tom~ - 18/20

@*Amanda - 19/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 19/20

@Crisis - 20/20

@NGM - 20/20

@*Chris - 20/20

@*Diana - 20/20

@Alex95 - 20/20

Priscilla

for jc, he know why sorry about geek in the pink

JC

He is not going to win, so I am not going to put him first, but this was a great performance, and he's so suave and sexy, that voice is just so UNF. Not my favorite from him, but I loved all his performances. I think I may prefer Geek In The Pink and Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying more, but this seemed popular among the non-hateful rankers so glad I got a performance from C.Rich through despite the haters. :wub:

Elliott

200.gif

Wally

I’m really glad that JC & Rei were able to advance "Don't Get Around Much Anymore" into the finals as this is my favorite performance of Chris’. Although I am sad that “Geek in the Pink” just barely got eliminated on the Round 6 voting part (especially feel sad for JC there). :( But what I really love about this performance and what makes this one of my favorite performances of the season was how Chris was able to put a modern contemporary twist to this classic standard! He did a great balance of showcasing himself as an artist while respecting the true essence of the song. I just thought this performance was really fresh and cool. And this was also my 2nd favorite performance of the night behind Melinda’s “I Got Rhythm.”

The silhouette opening was a cool start to the performance. But yeah, Chris was so suave and smooth in this performance and I loved his vocals and how he sings this song as a whole. I do love how he sings those: Don't get around much anymore parts of the song.

My standout favorite part of this song is where he really gets into this towards the end where he sings: 

Been invited on dates

Might have gone but what for

Awfully different without you

Don't get around much anymore

I missed the Saturday dance

Kind of different without you baby

Awfully different without you darling

:bobo:

I really love how he kind of sings one word at a time on the “I. missed. the. saturday. dance” part. :bobo:

This was a great and really fun performance from Chris + a standout from his run. I know Chris is polarizing on here so I’m not expecting this to rank too high. It’ll probably come in at #19 (but please outrank Haley’s “Tell Me” lol)… but I’m hoping for a surprise and it can rank higher than 19th so fingers crossed.

Steven

This was an enjoyable performance from Chris. He had a lot of swagger, delivered solid vocals with some good runs, and made an old-fashioned song sound current. This was definitely one of Chris' best performances of the competition, but I do prefer "Geek in the Pink."

Hayden

I wish we could’ve had “Geek In The Pink” in the top 20 as well, but this performance was reeeaaally good as well. Chris is someone who suffered from a bit of a goat-y vibrato at times, but Chris really pulled it together for this performance and I really loved it!

Derek

This is actually not bad, maybe I was sleeping on Chris a bit. The beginning is kind of a mess but he ends really strong. Chris was just too inconsistent imo, especially up against Blake who was more exciting to watch.

Rei

This is my 2nd favorite Chris performance and it is actually really good. While I do prefer Don’t let the sun catch you crying, I still believe this is great and I’m glad is here in this top 20.

Lily

I probably would have been in the "Geek in the Pink" camp for Chris, but I did like this. I do love this song and thought he did an alright job with it.

Kevin

I think Chris was largely mediocre, but this was definitely one of his better ones.

Crisis

Darn, I was hoping he would be shut out from the finals. I’m not a Chris Richardson fan by any means and personally would not have any of his performances in my S6 Top 20. At least "Don’t Get Around Much Anymore" is the one that made it if any of his had to, for I thought it was his best performance. He looked confident on stage and had fun with it. Most important, however, it’s the only performance of his in which I didn’t want to shove 10 Nasanex bottles up his nose.

Nico

Why?

Chris

I never understood the love fest for Chris Richardson - I could have done without this performance, and I guess I would have taken Geek In The Pink over this performance although I didn't care for either. 

Alex

Chris has one of my least favorite voices in Idol history. He rarely sings in tune, and he's just so whiny and nasally. It's actively annoying to listen to and this performance was also actively annoying, and easily my least favorite performance to make the top 20 yet. At least he's extremely attractive so ranking him high for thirst reasons makes sense (unlike that blonde guy from the most recent season y'all were trying to make happen in this thread before)

16. Blake Lewis "This Love"

kZIZcap.png

13.3/20

Watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E4W2ptzKL8

@Steven_ - 3/20

@JC - 5/20

@sublymonal - 7/20

@NGM - 9/20

@taylorkat - 11/20

@*Diana - 12/20

@*Wallace - 13/20

@*Lily - 13/20

@hayden98 - 13/20

@*Amanda - 14/20

@*Chris - 14/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 14/20

@Elliott - 15/20

@Alex95 - 15/20

@goofycilla90 - 16/20

@Solaris - 16/20

@FrogLenzen - 17/20

@~Tom~ - 17/20

@.Rei - 18/20

@1234567890 - 18/20

@Crisis - 19/20

Steven

I was unsure if this Blake performance would make it to the Top 20, but I'm glad that it's here. It was great song choice for Blake, and it seemed effortless as he delivered a strong and fun performance. It suited his vibe and showcased his strengths very well.

JC

Alright to be honest, Blake is my second least favorite of the season after Phil, but I will be helping him with a boost in the rankings since his fans were the most pro-C.Rich throughout so I am happy to help them right now. Okay, this is probably Blake's best performance of the season because it works really well with his style. Probably the only performance of his that I enjoyed even though he definitely sounded strained in parts.

Nico

This always reminds me how bad of a vocalist Adam Levine is

Wally

"This Love" is one of my top favorite performances from Blake - either my 3rd or 4th favorite of his (alongside “Virtual Insanity”), so I am super glad that this got advance through into the finals where I can rank it at #13. This is also one of (if not very) favorite Maroon 5 songs….. and I just LOVE this song a ton! :haha: I thought this was a fantastic and perfect song choice for Blake. It worked well within his vocal range and he got to deliver such a cool and funky performance. I love how he sings the opening of this song and the chorus a lot!

I was so high I did not recognize

The fire burning in her eyes

The chaos that controlled my mind

This love has taken its toll on me

She said "Goodbye" too many times before

And her heart is breaking in front of me

And I have no choice 'cause I won't say goodbye anymore

Then I love those signature beat boxing that Blake adds in after the chorus which was such a cool touch there. I love how he sings the bridge of the song and thought that was a great part there too!

I'll fix these broken things

Repair your broken wings

And make sure everything's alright

My pressure on your hips

Sinking my fingertips

Into every inch of you

'Cause I know that's what you want me to do

Wow I forgot how much I love this performance after re-watching this. I wish I could place it higher but think this is as high as I can place it. This was so much fun and had me dancing all over! Do your thing, Blake! :bobo:

Lily

Ok truthfully I was kinda ready to just not hear beatboxing again but I did enjoy it on this performance. And I found it to probably be my favorite of Blake's performances here, unpopular opinion maybe but I liked what he did with it.

Hayden

Blake performed this song so freaking well! Starting with this performance, pretty much every performance is neck and neck until the top 3 so “This Love” ending up at #13 is kinda luck of the draw, but this is a really fun performance.

Chris

This Love & I Need To Know are essentially tied, but while doing my ranking, I felt like ranking This Love higher as I feel that one aged better than I need To Know, in my opinion. I really love that he was able to turn it into his own and once again, it was a modern song which showed that he could have been the one who recorded this song.

Kevin

It was good.

Elliott

I can't at y'all voting this through over Somewhere Only We Know. CHOICES!

Alex

I think this performance showcased some of the weaknesses in his voice, but it was still a lot of fun and showed off how he can work a stage and also show off his strengths. Not one of my favorite performances of the season, but I still like it a lot!

Priscilla

this was okay

Derek

This was fine. Blake's tone is a bit thin but this one was on his more on-pitch attempts

Rei

I love Blake but he has much better performances than this and I would have preferred to see something else in this place. Still better than my bottom 2.

Crisis

I was so high I did not recognize

My thoughts about the producers when they picked this song for him.

This song has taken its toll on me

It has been played too many times before

And Blake version does nothing for me

And I have nothing to say about this one anymore

Oh oh ohh, oh oh ohh

Oh oh oh, ohh

In other words, meh.

Edited by Alex95

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Season 6 - #20-16 Posted)

QUEEN! ROBBED GODDESS! Ugh, I was so #pressed that Gina left in f*cking ninth place with *checks notes* literally everyone but Melinda and Cake still there. - @Elliott

Not Funny Laughing GIF
Not including Cake when Jordin and LaKisha could sing circles around Gina. 🙂 It was a fine performance, but come on. :claybleh:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

Not including Cake when Jordin and LaKisha could sing circles around Gina. 🙂

I loathed Jordin in S6 and didn’t really care about LaKisha, while Gina was my second favourite at that point.

Season 13 Period GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

In 2021, I didn’t expect to have to relive the thought and heartbreak of Haley making it through to the finals where Sabrina (and Stephanie) get overlooked and hosed but here we are. 

😐 :broken:

I didn’t expect that to be happen either.

Too bad Carrie went and showed her up a few weeks later.

I loved Carrie’s performance of that song. :wub: 

Ugh he was my actual least favorite of the season but I voted for him for the sisters in a timely fashion although this was unreturned and ended in GITP getting screwed but whatever, I'm over it.

I was approached about this too, but I declined since I didn’t want to put “Time of the Season” on the bubble.

ALEX:

-----

19. Haley Scarnato "Tell Him"

20. Chris Richardson "Don't Get Around Much Anymore"

AMANDA:

-----

18. Phil Stacey "Blaze Of Glory"

19. Chris Richardson "Don't Get Around Much Anymore"

20. Haley Scarnato "Tell Him"

ANDREW:

-----

CHRIS: