Top 10 favorite contestants of the year.

Gustavo527

This has been a hard year for everybody thanks to the pandemic, and The Voice has sadly also been affected by this, with two short seasons plus one season with no real live shows. But, not everything is bad, this thread is to share the list of your favorite contestants of the year, these contestants that touched you the most during this year and that you really conectted with. (Including Season 18 and Season 19 contestants, obviously)

You can include if you want some comment about each one of them or your favorite performance of each them.😊

Edited by Gustavo527

Here is mine

1. Megan Danielle

Favorite performance: "Top of the World" 

2. Thunderstorm Artis

Favorite performance: "Blackbird"

3. Cami Clune

Favorite performance: "Skinny Love"

4. Julia Cooper

Favorite performance: "Wish You Were Gay"

5. DeSz.

Favorite performance: "Can We Talk"

6. Sid Kingsley

Favorite performance: "Tennessee Whiskey"

7. Zan Fiskum

Favorite performance: "The Story"

8. Allegra Miles

Favorite performance: "How Will I Know"

9. Carter Rubin

Favorite performance: "Rainbow Connection"

10. Payge Turner

Favorite performance "If The World Was Ending"

• Gustavo527 changed the title to Top 10 favorite contestants of the year.

Robbed Queen Allegra Miles for giving me something non-COVID related to rage over. 
Favorite Performance: Chandelier

Cami Clune for keeping the show interesting and delivering my favorite performance for almost every round. 
Favorite Performance: Skinny Love 

Carter Rubin for becoming my favorite male winner on the Voice US and giving me something to cry over that wasn’t COVID related. 
Favorite Performance: You Say or Rainbow Connection

Taryn Papa for defying the odds, winning the 4WKO (best moment of S19), singing my favorite Martina song, and stopping by IDF to say hello. 
Favorite Performance: Anyway

21 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Robbed Queen Allegra Miles for giving me something non-COVID related to rage over. 

Cami Clune for keeping the show interesting and delivering my favorite performance for almost every round. 

Carter Rubin for becoming my favorite male winner on the Voice US and giving me something to cry over that wasn’t COVID related. 

Taryn Papa for defying the odds, winning the 4WKO (best moment of S19), singing my favorite Martina song, and stopping by IDF to say hello. 

My full thoughts on Cami, Carter, Taryn, and the rest of my S19 Top 5 can be found here

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

Finally, somebody who's favorite from Allegra was Chandelier.

Edited by David68
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1- King Todd - What a beautiful raspy voice he has. Such a nice Tone + Great appeal. He has what I liked in both Josh K and Barrett(aka Grit + Soulfulness). He has so much energy and passion. He ended up becoming one of my top 4 favorite contestants ever. What an ICON. 😍

Favorite performance = Seriously all of them were AMAZING but if I have to pick one I think I'll go with Anymore:wub: Love Me, I Can Only Imagine and Long Way Home are close second, third and fourth respectively. Glory Of Love, Ghoost In This House and We've Got Tonight were AMAZING too.

2-6 in no particular order

- Micah Iverson = Someone You Loved/Your Song(Graveyard, All I Want and I Will Follow You Into The Dark were great too).

- Cami Clune = Never Tear Us Apart/Skinny Love(I Put A Spell On You was great too).

- Carter Rubin = You Say/Before You Go(Rainbow Connection was great too).

- Jim Ranger = With A Little Help From My Friends(Humble And Kind is a close second. Blue Ain't Your Color, Without You and Last were Great as well).

- John Holiday = Misty/All By Myself(Summersoft and Fix You are close though).

7-10 in no particular order

- Allegra Miles = How Will I Know, Use Somebody, Chandelier and New York State Of MInd(All of these were great).

- T-storm = Summertime/Blackbird/Home

- Sid K = Make It Rain/DTTIA

- Ryan G = The Prayer/Time To Say Goodbye

Edited by Hamza Tufail

Thunderstorm - Liked everything he did iirc. Blackbird and Summertime were the most memorable performances to me.

Zan - Light On and Blowin' in the Wind.

Cover Maggie Rogers and Bob Dylan, and I'll include you by default.

Cami - Again, I liked everything she did (except The Joke).

Julia - Alaska was phenomenal. Very skilled singer, but her style was the best part.

1. DeSz

2. Payge Turner

3. Zan Fiskum

4. Todd Tilghman

5. Sid Kingsley

6. Mandi Castillo

7. Cami Clune

8. Ian Flanigan

I really hesitate to put a 9 and 10 because these 8 are the only ones I pretty much cared about going into lives, but 9 and 10 could probably be John Holiday and Thunderstorm Artis.

If they hadn't been eliminated so quickly, this list probably would've seen Kailey Abel, Liam St. John, Kelsie Watts, and Tayler Green (presumably in that order)

• Like 1

in no particular order (and pretty much just whoever came to mind, i may have forgotten some):

allegra - chandelier? (i listened to "how will i know" so many times that i'm sick of it now :haha:)

cami - skinny love

desz - can we talk

julia - alaska/wish you were gay (they're tied)

kelsie - i dare you

marisa - i surrender

megan - piece by piece? 

lauren - if the world was ending

tayler - time after time

kailey - forever young

5 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Add Underrated Queen Mandi Castillo to this list! :wub:  She received so much unnecessary backlash for rightfully winning a knockout. One of the prettiest voices of the season! 

Favorite Performance: True Colors

• Like 4

Just now, Bk1234 said:

Add Underrated Queen Mandi Castillo to this list! :wub:  She received so much unnecessary backlash for rightfully winning a knockout. One of the prettiest voices of the season! 

Favorite Performance: True Colors

here's the tea: i liked mandi a lot, but i let everyone's negative comments get to me, and i underrated her. however, she was really good! she won me over again with True Colors!

• Like 1

Lazy to rank so alphabetical order:

Allegra - "New York State Of Mind"

Cami - "I Put A Spell On You"

Desz - "Can We Talk"

Joanna - "Angel From Montgomery"

Payge - "Call Out My Name"

Ryan G - "The Prayer"

Sid - "Don't Think Twice, It's Alright"

Thunderstorm - "Blackbird"

Zan - "Blowin' In The Wind"

Yeah.... I couldn't really come up with 10. Todd Tilghman could be the last one I guess? I didn't really revisit his performances but I remember them being good.

Doing this as they come up so it’s possible I’m forgetting someone! (Not in order)

Ok so I’m back and if I had to choose a top 3 it would most probably be Cami, Chloe and Zan (in no particular order)

Zan - “The Story” and “Blowin in the Wind”

Cami - “Skinny Love”

Allegra - “How Will I Know”

Payge - “Creep”

Chloé - “Weak” and “my future”

Julia - “Alaska”

Taryn - “Little White Church”

Sid - “Make it Rain”

Desz - “Can We Talk”

Lauren - “If The World was Ending”

Honorable mentions:

Tamara - “Cuz I Love You”