Cam Anthony Fan Thread

season1

I know that Cam is young, but could somebody please clue him in that his favorite movie The Wiz already had a live version since it started life as an award winning Broadway musical. What he wants to do is called a revival. Paging Stephanie Mills!

• Haha 1

Cam SLAYYYYYED, as per usual. 🌟🤩
However, there was a live reverb effect they added that had a discernable delay/echo that I was not a fan of. 
Cam’s voice is already so clear and poignant that it felt unnecessary. On other singers, it helps to add depth and dimension to the sound, but Cam naturally adds ALL of that by himself. 
I guess that’s a testament to how incredible he is. No need for reverb or echo effects. 🎶

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Harmat said:

Cam SLAYYYYYED, as per usual. 🌟🤩
However, there was a live reverb effect they added that had a discernable delay/echo that I was not a fan of. 
Cam’s voice is already so clear and poignant that it felt unnecessary. On other singers, it helps to add depth and dimension to the sound, but Cam naturally adds ALL of that by himself. 
I guess that’s a testament to how incredible he is. No need for reverb or echo effects. 🎶

Not a fan of that effect too but overall he killed it.😍

• Like 3

On 5/26/2021 at 8:48 PM, echoap said:

Congrats to King Cam on his win and amazing run on the show! 🤩

Btw, add me please 😊

This post was made after Cam's win and there were a lot of other posts as well about congratulating him so I think it got lost in the shuffle.

@season1 add echoap!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

This post was made after Cam's win and there were a lot of other posts as well about congratulating him so I think it got lost in the shuffle.

@season1 add echoap!

Thanks for letting me know.

On 5/26/2021 at 11:48 AM, echoap said:

Congrats to King Cam on his win and amazing run on the show! 🤩

Btw, add me please 😊

Added. :thumbs:

Sorry I missed your request. There were a lot of comments that I quickly skimmed through that day and I didn't see the "add me".

For all Cam fans., If you requested to be added and didn't see your name on the list in the OP, please post your request again, and tag me. Thanks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In a couple of interviews, Cam has said that he was with Dr. Dre’s label until ~ July 2020 and the day he left them, he got an email from The Voice. He always seemed unsure about the exact time it happened, though. 
I found this comment on an old Cam post.

:w00tbounce:

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148862ee7e7207ed9f5a274

:heartbounce:

The commenter @chaneldowney_ is a legitimate Voice Casting employee. This comment was posted during the ~ last week of May 2020. 
It’s definitely possible that Cam didn’t see the DM until weeks later, the email Cam spoke of wasn’t sent until later, or that Cam was remembering the DM wrong as an email. 
But in any instance, it’s really cool that the day Cam closed one door, another one revealed itself. 🚪

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Harmat said:

In a couple of interviews, Cam has said that he was with Dr. Dre’s label until ~ July 2020 and the day he left them, he got an email from The Voice. He always seemed unsure about the exact time it happened, though. 
I found this comment on an old Cam post.

:w00tbounce:

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148862ee7e7207ed9f5a274

:heartbounce:

The commenter @chaneldowney_ is a legitimate Voice Casting employee. This comment was posted during the ~ last week of May 2020. 
It’s definitely possible that Cam didn’t see the DM until weeks later, the email Cam spoke of wasn’t sent until later, or that Cam was remembering the DM wrong as an email. 
But in any instance, it’s really cool that the day Cam closed one door, another one revealed itself. 🚪

It must feel so cool to be involved in the casting of the winner! 😮

• Like 3

Talking to Tu’Kala interview! 

Here’s the podcast version! 

His mom starting teaching him how to sing. She says he “took it and he ran.” 🤣🤣
This was funny because 

a) he ran with it = he went along with it. 
b) he ran, meaning he did riffs and runs.

He said that sometimes in the music industry (alluding to his own past), people try to mould you musically and how you express yourself, but Blake and the show gave him freedom to explore and discover his artistry. He says this a lot, so I’m really happy for him.👏🏽 🎶

Feeling Good was the performance he was most worried about because it’s such an important song and because of learning that iconic scat (especially in a week!) 

He plays piano by ear and he said he wants to learn how to read music. (Bruh, he has developed his musical ear to be PHENOMENAL and so creative. I’m astonished that he can’t read music! 😮😮

The Voice experience in 1 word: transformative. 🌟

He would take an instrument if he could choose one item to take to a deserted island. Probably a trombone because it’s loud enough to get someone’s attention nearby. 🤣

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Harmat said:

He said that sometimes in the music industry (alluding to his own past), people try to mould you musically and how you express yourself, but Blake and the show gave him freedom to explore and discover his artistry. He says this a lot, so I’m really happy for him.👏🏽🎶

Feeling Good was the performance he was most worried about because it’s such an important song and because of learning that iconic scat (especially in a week!) 

He plays piano by ear and he said he wants to learn how to read music. (Bruh, he has developed his musical ear to be PHENOMENAL and so creative. I’m astonished that he can’t read music! 😮😮

The Voice experience in 1 word: transformative. 🌟

He would take an instrument if he could choose one item to take to a deserted island. Probably a trombone because it’s loud enough to get someone’s attention nearby. 🤣

That's why I don't mind Blake on the show - he tends to generally be pretty hands-off with his artists and trusts them to do what they need to performance-wise while being true to themselves as artists.

Also he can't read music but can sing circles around most people I know, I just--

As for the "trombone on a desert island" logic 💀

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

That's why I don't mind Blake on the show - he tends to generally be pretty hands-off with his artists and trusts them to do what they need to performance-wise while being true to themselves as artists.

Also he can't read music but can sing circles around most people I know, I just--

As for the "trombone on a desert island" logic 💀

And he's also done this with Chloe MK and ended up winning Season 13 also. 

• Like 4