The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Just now, Daillon said:

John is slaying this season with his comments, ngl

yeah lmao, first the "right and wrong / good and evil" and this one too, i'm actually really loving his humor more this season. plus, nick took the role of poor pre-show decisions and kelly took the role of being picky w/ good people, so he's doing well on that front too.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

It's interesting that you put Brynn and Chris on the list considering the fact both Kelly and Alicia are well-received by Minivan. 🙃

If by "well received" you mean "the only female coaches that Minivan don't hate to death" then, you are right, they are "well received" 

• Haha 1

Just now, VintageVoice said:

It's the Midwestern surface-nice-but-actually-is-a-subtle-clapback skills for me (they teach it as part of Ohioan kindergarten curriculum and they evolve the longer you stay)

yeah i love that he's kind of like alicia and blake together with his personality b/c he is pretty calm and laid-back, but he also seems to be using the same quick-wit that blake has 

• Like 1

Just now, QueenCami said:

either way, they appeal to similar audiences. there's bound to be some overlap and even though they're on different teams, there will be some that like both but vote for one.

Yeah, I edited my post after realizing this. Plus, I just realized that “Lay Me Down” is classified as an R&B/Soul song. :lmao: I always assumed it was Pop.

• Like 2

Just now, Bk1234 said:

Yeah, I edited my post after realizing this. Plus, I just realized that “Lay Me Down” is classified as an R&B/Soul song. :lmao: I always assumed it was Pop.

sam smith generally edges the line between r&b and pop—i'd say he's more r&b but some might disagree. we'll see how things go; i'm just excited to see quite a bit of talent heading into the lives! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

To be fair, Sam Smith dances the line between pop, R&B, and soul, so it's an easy assumption to make.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, QueenCami said:

sam smith generally edges the line between r&b and pop—i'd say he's more r&b but some might disagree. we'll see how things go; i'm just excited to see quite a bit of talent heading into the lives! 

Just now, VintageVoice said:

To be fair, Sam Smith dances the line between pop, R&B, and soul, so it's an easy assumption to make.

lmao the fact that we said the exact same thing at the exact same time 

fox artists on tumblr GIF by Animation Domination High-Def

• Haha 1

Agree with the John comments, he´s turning more for artists outside his lane, he´s clearly more comfortable, and his choices this season seem like very well made.

However, yeah, being with him is a disadvantage. Maelyn won because Minivan saw no other choice since Gyth underdelivered, and no artist of his (in a fair game) ever has made it past 3rd place.

Victor is a very skilled vocalist, but he´s not usually what Minivan looks for in a contestant, plus apart from being disliked, John is not as good a seller as Blake and Kelly.

• Like 2

i love John, but what bothers me a bit is that he's not going to leave anytime soon so that doesn't leave a lot of chances for returns since only Nick is the coach who can leave so a only possible replacement ... the chances of seeing Alicia, Jhud, Usher again shrank after John became a regular coach :(

I noticed in some of Kelly’s pitches to contestants, she’s improved in that area. I’m guessing the talk show experience is helping. She was masterful in the Kenzie pitch, even if it wasn’t needed. Blake crushed it in the Cam pitch, first making fun of Nick’s “windexed” jacket. 

Nick is terrible at it. John is decent. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

I noticed in some of Kelly’s pitches to contestants, she’s improved in that area. I’m guessing the talk show experience is helping. She was masterful in the Kenzie pitch, even if it wasn’t needed. Blake crushed it in the Cam pitch, first making fun of Nick’s “windexed” jacket. 

Nick is terrible at it. 

I actually think Nick is really good with some of his pitches. Especially for Dana and Zae

Edited by jus.vshn

Just now, TeamAudra said:

i think it's a lot about making the contestant feel valued and heard—which is why the "i won't turn for anyone else" worked and also why the Labrinth guess worked. 

• Like 2

Just now, AliXRose said:

If John has a word or whatsoever on Victor’s song choices, he’s screwed imo cause he doesn’t know how to handle well R&B artists, ironic.

Maybe John will see Victor as himself and pick songs based off of him🤣

• Haha 1

The thing is that is a lose-lose situation with John. What happened in S16 was everything at the right moment at the right time, it was circumstancial. He got (they arranged) the right artist who managed to deliver week after week in a season were many were exposed earlier than usual (Cross Battles), and where the dominance of one time ended up splitting votes, not to mention their ideal frontrunner didn´t deliver. 

But I doubt something like that could happen again honestly. His contestants are usually polarizing on their own (Katie, John H), and on top of that he´s not well liked. And he can´t coach a country singer, so that´s out of the table as well.