Musician Discography Rankdown (Bonus Round)

FrogLenzen

FINAL STANDINGS PART SIX

6. Sorry (2016 prod. by Beyoncé, MeLo-X, Diana Gordon, Hit-Boy, + Stuart White)

Album: Lemonade

tenor.gif?itemid=5736936

US Billboard Hot 100 Chart: #11 (Single release)

United States Certification (RIAA): Platinum (Single release)

US Album Certification (RIAA): 3x Platinum (Lemonade)

US Billboard 200: #1 (Lemonade)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sorry_(Beyoncé_song)

RANKINGS:

Dee: 1

Rei: 8

Elliott: 2

Derek: 2

Denise: 19

Kaley: 5

Chris: 15

Andy: 9

Steven: 17

Wally: 2

JC: 20

Lily: 7

Megan: 5

Victoria: 7

Public: 19

Final Average = 9.867

COMMENTS

Unapologetic. Self-empowering. Controversial. Scandalous. Defiant. Spiteful. Truthful. Cathartic. Sorry is by far her most iconic song ever. Sorry is her most iconic music video ever.

On 7/3/2020 at 5:51 PM, *Lily said:

I still remember watching Lemonade when it dropped and the shockwaves when she called out 'Becky with the good hair'. An iconic pop culture moment which will stand the test of time. An amazing cameo from Serena Williams in the video too who looks flawless. But truly... in just under 4 minutes, Beyoncé gives us "I ain't sorry", "boy bye", "Becky with the good hair" all as iconic lines just to name a few. The IDGAF attitude which appears in this number is just so strong and you can't listen to it without feeling like a bad b***h.

On 7/3/2020 at 2:29 PM, JC said:

This song is also interesting and the music video is another creative, artsy one. But perhaps this is just for me because I do not connect with it as much as the other songs.

On 7/3/2020 at 12:05 PM, *Wallace said:

tenor.gif

This song is a straight up JAM! This is one of those ultimate F U songs there ever is out there. Sooo many iconic lines from this…. Sorry, I ain't sorry. Sorry, I ain't sorry /  I ain't thinking 'bout you. I ain't thinking 'bout / Middle fingers up, put them hands high. Wave it in his face, tell him, boy, bye. Tell him, boy, bye, middle fingers up. It’s all so :bobo: And let’s also NOT forget the iconic line of: YOU BETTER CALL BECKY WITH THE GOOD HAIR. I also love seeing Serna Williams workin’ it in this video  which is a way we’ve never seen her before.

On 7/3/2020 at 10:34 AM, Steven_ said:

Favorite part:

🎵 Sorry, I ain't sorry
I ain't thinking 'bout you
🎵

On 7/3/2020 at 10:23 AM, #jeah said:

Okay this is the only song whose ranking isn’t actually all that accurate for me, I’d have it much lower but agreed to put it in my top 10 on a deal. I’ve always found it low-key annoying though the video is flawless. I’ll put it at #9 instead of #10 because I forced myself to listen to it like 5 times in a row yesterday and I actually came out of that enjoying it more so there’s that? Love the attitude she brings to this song.

On 7/3/2020 at 9:26 AM, *Chris said:

A great song but not my favourite from the album. 

On 7/3/2020 at 8:35 AM, ~*8Kay8*~ said:

Better call Becky with the good hair. Boy, bye! What lines, what a song! We’ve heard Beyoncé break up songs before, but never like this! This isn’t the polished, poppy anthem of growth while maybe casting a few hidden jabs... No, this is what comes before it: the guttural middle-finger and sneering and airing alllll of the dirty laundry. We’ve all been there, and now there’s an anthem for it! All of Lemonade is amazing, but this one falls at the top of the remaining songs on the album for me.

On 7/2/2020 at 10:27 PM, miss denise said:

Not a favorite, but I like how she sings the "I ain't thinking 'bout you" parts... and also "tell him boy bye." :giggle: 

On 7/2/2020 at 7:03 PM, FrogLenzen said:

boy bye

On 7/2/2020 at 7:42 AM, .Rei said:

Becky with the good hair 🎶

On 7/2/2020 at 10:34 AM, Elliott said:

Lemonade.

5. Freedom (2013 prod. by Beyoncé, Jonny Coffer, + Just Blaze, feat. Kendrick Lamar)

Album: Lemonade

tenor.gif?itemid=5379821

US Billboard Hot 100: #35 (Single)

US Billboard 200: #1 (Lemonade)

United States Certification (RIAA): 3x Platinum (Lemonade)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_(Beyoncé_song)

RANKINGS:

Dee: 3

Rei: 12

Elliott: 1

Derek: 13

Denise: 10

Kaley: 10

Chris: 6

Andy: 16
Steven: 7

Wally: 14

JC: 11

Lily: 17

Megan: 4

Victoria: 18

Public: 13

Final Average = 9.667

COMMENTS

Freedom is such an important piece of music. I cannot state this enough!!! A song of personal redemption, this is Beyoncé age her most political. This song is a statement. Art is political. Art is a statement. Freedom is Beyoncé firmly, powerfully, and overtly standing in her truth - in her Blackness. Such a monuments song from its lyrics to its composition. Chills. Every single time.

When it came to The Lion King: The Gift album, I felt a little underwhelmed by Beyoncé and Kendrick Lamar's collab, being so short and knowing it could have been so much more. But thankfully, it's not the only collab we had of them, because "Freedom" exists and it remains a dominating force on Lemonade. Following some slower numbers in "Love Drought", "Sandcastles" and "Forward", this really packs a punch when you listen to the album chronologically. I feel like in the times we're currently living in it's also remained as powerful and fitting as it was when released. I really hope Beyoncé and Kendrick continue to work together in the future.

On 7/3/2020 at 5:06 PM, JC said:

This makes me want to get up and SANG with the song. 

tumblr_o64xqsm8kw1sn3ablo1_540.gif

“Freedom” was such an important and meaningful song when it was released and it’s certainly very important and relevant to what’s going on today - with the injustices black people are going through (and went through). This song makes a true impactful statement and is definitely very important to have on the list. I do feel bad for considering voting it out as that would not have felt right to me. It may not be one of my personal favorites or even it’s not one of my most played Beyoncé songs either - but it’s something I still love and feel it needs to be listened to by everyone.

Favorite lyric:

🎵 I'ma keep running
'Cause a winner don't quit on themselves
 🎵

I want to like this more than I actually do - that’s not to say that I don’t, I love the urgent message and the bombastic production. Kendrick’s verse is great too. I just, don’t go back to it as much as other songs from Lemonade? I think 6 Inch, Formation, and maybe even Don’t Hurt Yourself would have been better representation for Lemonade but hey, I still really like this!

So many feels regarding this song. Easily, one of the standout of the album, in my opinion.

Kendrick :wub: Beyoncé :wub: I was always going to love this song. So pleased to see it make top 21.

I forgot how much I love this. The fierce power and intensity in this is amazing and it stands out from the rest of the songs, as there is nothing else like it here. 

One of the best Beyonce tracks ever

Imagine campaigning for this song to be cut. The level of unprofessionalism... far too much.

4. Love On Top (2007 prod. by Beyoncé + Shea Taylor)

Album: 

source.gif

US Billboard Hot 100: #20 (Single release)

United States Certification (RIAA): Platinum (Single release)

US Billboard 200: #1 (4)

US Album Certification (RIAA): Platinum (4)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_On_Top

RANKINGS

Dee: 14

Rei: 18

Elliott: 21

Derek: 8

Denise: 2

Kaley: 13

Chris: 2

Andy: 8

Steven: 2

Wally: 7

JC: 15

Lily: 6

Megan: 13

Victoria: 6

Public: 8

Final Average = 9.533

COMMENTS

Love On Top ranking this high is a choice. And this is being said by somebody that worships Beyoncé. My favorite artist of all-time. For over two decades. Will continue to be my favorite. Yet Love On Top is ranked fourth? No thank you. Epic chorus. The key changes are a fantastic feat and a showcase of her insane vocal talents. Infectious energy. A simplistic, throwback classic. A wonderful song because Beyoncé can do no wrong, but not her best work at all.

This is one of my all-time favorites of Beyoncé and one I often go back to when wanting feel-good/fun music. From start to finish it's really joyous, and it exudes in the New Edition-inspired music video. This was of course the song she performed when announcing her pregnancy at the VMAs too which... wow, what a moment!

On 7/3/2020 at 5:06 PM, JC said:

Another groovy song. Makes you just wanna shake your hips.

original.gif

A part of me loves that “Love On Top” advanced straight into the finals so Elliott wouldn’t easily cut it….. but then he cuts “Single Ladies” instead so I got to be careful for what I wish for. 🙂 Well back to what I said originally, I am glad that “Love on Top” advanced straight into the finals because this is a amazing song and one I absolutely adore. :wub: This is one of those songs that makes me so happy and smile with joy whenever i hear this. Bey provides sweet tender vocals on the chorus and a great infectious chorus. Baby, it's you. You're the one I love. You're the one I need. You're the only one I see. Come on, baby, it's you. Then omgg she SLAYYSS and brings those powerhouse vocals at the end of the song which always kills me! :dead: I LOVE all of her vocal range here and just builds and builds it up!

Favorite part:

🎵 Baby, it's you
You're the one I love
You're the one I need
You're the only one I see

Come on, baby, it's you
You're the one that gives your all
You're the one I can always call
When I need you make everything stop
Finally you put my love on top
 🎵

I remember when this first came out it was like my favorite Bey song ever and then over the last decade my love for it has faded a tad, just because it’s been played at every wedding ever....but still, an amazing song in its own right. Key changes are hard to pull off in a song, much less key change after key change after key change, but I don’t even care it works here haha.

Since I know the song is getting low ranking, here is a high ranking for it. And it always put me in a good mood. 

I always liked the retro feel of this song. And it reminds me of the performance where she announced her pregnancy. I feel  like a broken record saying “catchy” for everything. But literally all of her songs are catchy.

The boppiest Beyonce bop! :bobo:  This song has it all: an addicting and bouncy tempo and killer vocals! NOW EVERYBODY ASK ME WHY I'M SMILING OUT FROM EAR TO EARRR! :bobo: What a happy and uplifting lyric! We should all smile ear to ear listening to this song.  AND FINALLY YOU PUT ME FIRST! :bobo: All the belting is amazing and slayage. But it only gets better! The way she continues to take the song up another level throughout is FIRE. :bobo:  Those octaves? Crazy! This is such a happy, catchy, vocally amazing song - and finally you put my love on top. :bobo: 

On 7/2/2020 at 7:03 PM, FrogLenzen said:

Haters in the building lmao

The worst song from her worst album. I don't get the love for it. By far my least favourite Beyoncé song and I am cringing that this made the final vote over everything that was cut.

Too repetitive at some point but still really great

Edited by Deeee

Dee:

Rei:

Elliott:

Derek:

Denise:

Kaley:

Chris:

Andy:

Steven:

Wally:

JC:

Lily:

Megan:

Victoria:

Public:

Edited by Deeee

19 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Dee:

Rei:

Elliott:

Derek:

Denise:

Kaley:

Chris:

Andy:

Steven:

Wally:

JC:

Lily:

Megan:

Victoria:

Public:

Mine's actually 2 (just making sure you didn't make a typo in your rankings @Deeee), 4, and 5 WOOOOT, that last group of three was amaze for me taking out my three remaining low ranks :giggle:

1 minute ago, JC said:

Mine's actually 2 (just making sure you didn't make a typo in your rankings @Deeee), 4, and 5 WOOOOT, that last group of three was amaze for me taking out my three remaining low ranks :giggle:

Fixed! Just a typo, thanks for catching it!

3 minutes ago, sublymonal said:

Halo? Iconic and deserving?

M9CXN07.gif

I do love the other two songs more. :haha: I love Halo but not as much as others do. Nonetheless definitely one of her standout tracks so I’m not mad at it being here.

WHOOPS sorry I didn’t get notified of Dee’s posts til I posted, please delete this if it complicates everything!!! 

Edited by *Lily