Musician Discography Rankdown (Bonus Round)

FrogLenzen

5 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Knowing your luck in Rankdowns..... you may be waiting awhile  for that song to show up. :giggle: 

Halloween won the JLC rankdown, so maybe I'm turning a new leaf? :wub:

On 7/7/2020 at 6:06 PM, #jeah said:

Lmaoooo :dead: 

Okay....sorry Wally :( But @Deeee if it's alright I want to switch my round from Rihanna to Lana, only because I'd enjoy that round more and I didn't realize that enough people would actually participate.

@Deeee :ph34rwave:

On 7/7/2020 at 6:51 PM, ~Tom~ said:

If I could cut Royals and Ribs right away I'd be down. :wub: 

Also Dee I need you to see this slander (particularly the Ribs part)

2 hours ago, #jeah said:

@Deeee :ph34rwave:

Also Dee I need you to see this slander (particularly the Ribs part)

You want to switch from Queen Rihanna to Lana Del White Women Are Timid And Feminism Needs to Protect Them Rey? No problem.

LOL the requirement to sign up for a Lorde round is supporting Ribs for the win. I cannot imagine somebody cutting that masterpiece.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deeee said:

You want to switch from Queen Rihanna to Lana Del White Women Are Timid And Feminism Needs to Protect Them Rey? No problem.

LOL the requirement to sign up for a Lorde round is supporting Ribs for the win. I cannot imagine somebody cutting that masterpiece.

I’m aware she’s problematic but yes, I do. 

And lol bless you :wub: 

Just now, Deeee said:

I'm just giving you grief, I was so disappointed that she decided to step forward as an idiot. LOL.

She’s always low key been an idiot :haha: The kind of woe-is-me, I’m a delicate privileged white woman who needs drugs to keep me sane. :haha: I just find her and her music fascinating, but I definitely do not view her as a role model like Rihanna. I’ve just been obsessed with her music the last year or so haha

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, #jeah said:

She’s always low key been an idiot :haha: The kind of woe-is-me, I’m a delicate privileged white woman who needs drugs to keep me sane. :haha: I just find her and her music fascinating, but I definitely do not view her as a role model like Rihanna. I’ve just been obsessed with her music the last year or so haha

I guess you do have a point. :dead:

2 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

We better still do a Rihanna round though. 😢 :broken: 

I was just gonna say this :haha: funny story about me and Rihanna music... for the longest time I was convinced I hated it because when we were in college and first started dating, my now-husband tried to convince me she was better than Beyoncé. So I hated her on principle for years because how dare he. In time, I’ve come to love them both :P:heartbounce:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Deeee said:

I know, now we will need to wait a bit for her round. 

As long as it happens sometime I'm happy. :wub: 

1 minute ago, #jeah said:

We’ll do one whenever she finally releases R9 :haha: :wub: 

LOL I guess that's never then. :dead: It's crazy how she went from releasing an album every year and now we've been waiting almost 5 years since her last album. :lmao: 

1 minute ago, ~*8Kay8*~ said:

I was just gonna say this :haha: funny story about me and Rihanna music... for the longest time I was convinced I hated it because when we were in college and first started dating, my now-husband tried to convince me she was better than Beyoncé. So I hated her on principle for years because how dare he. In time, I’ve come to love them both :P:heartbounce:

OMGGG Lmaaooo I love this. :dead:  And sounds like rivalries I've seen and even been through with certain people in the past. :lmao: 🤣 Glad you ended up loving Rih as there's room to love them both. :haha: 

FINAL STANDINGS PART THREE

15. 1+1 (2011 prod. by Beyoncé, The-Dream, + Tricky Stewart)

Album: 4

GivingMistyIraniangroundjay-size_restric

US Billboard Hot 100 Chart: #57 (Single release)

US Album Certification (RIAA): Platinum (4)

US Billboard 200: #1 (4)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1%2B1_(song)

RANKINGS:

Dee: 18

Rei: 19

Elliott: 10

Derek: 17

Denise: 3

Kaley: 21

Chris: 10

Andy: 6

Steven: 18

Wally: 17

JC: 9

Lily: 16

Megan: 6

Victoria: 11

Public: 4

Final Average = 12.333

COMMENTS

A tender, timeless classic. Beyoncé is so powerful in her vocals on this track, which might be one of the most intelligently composed songs I have ever heard. Not my favorite of hers (though every song of hers practically ties for my favorite song of all-time LOL), but an undeniably incredible piece of work.

On 7/3/2020 at 5:51 PM, *Lily said:

This makes such a fantastic opening song for 4 and Beyoncé of course sounds stunning on it. I really love the video too and its aesthetic. The guitar solo is also such an excellent addition and makes it all the more powerful.

On 7/3/2020 at 5:06 PM, JC said:

This song just has such good ebb and flow, I love the groove of this song.

On 7/3/2020 at 12:05 PM, *Wallace said:

tenor.gif

This is a really gorgeous ballad. This song has SO much passion and emotion with absolutely stunning & powerful vocals. :wub: I think within this Top 17… this is the range of songs I really like to love - but don’t absolutely love or consider a huge all-time fave. It’s also my least fave 4 track that made the finals. I don’t think Denise would be too pleased with this ranking so my apologies. I do love the part where she sings: I don’t know much about algebra but 1 + 1 = 2. :wub:

On 7/3/2020 at 10:34 AM, Steven_ said:

Favorite part:

🎵 I know one plus one equals two
And it's me and you
That's all we'll have when the world is through
🎵

On 7/3/2020 at 10:23 AM, #jeah said:

Ugh, play this at my wedding that I’ll never have plz! Maybe Bey’s best vocal performance ever, and the lyrics are adorable without being cheesy or pandering. That guitar outro is everything I needed

On 7/3/2020 at 9:26 AM, *Chris said:

Underrated song by the everyday people. 

On 7/3/2020 at 8:35 AM, ~*8Kay8*~ said:

Ranking any Beyoncé song “last” is a crime! I tried to go by criteria of ones I listen to the least often,  so this one falls last. I know a lot of people love it, and I feel terrible putting it here, but it really is my least favorite of an absolutely stellar list.

On 7/2/2020 at 10:27 PM, miss denise said:

Beautiful, raw, romantic, sensual, timeless :wub::wub::wub::wub: What more could I want? Plus, she teaches us math! But really, her vocals are so honest, real, and amazing on this. I love everything about it. A TRUE LOVE SONG. DON'T HATE ON LOVE. ❤️❤️❤️❤️ 

On 7/2/2020 at 7:42 AM, .Rei said:

Amazing

On 7/2/2020 at 10:34 AM, Elliott said:

Not one of the four good songs from 4.

On 7/2/2020 at 7:03 PM, FrogLenzen said:

Never latched onto this one for some reason. 

14. XO (2013 prod. by Beyoncé, Ryan Tedder, The-Dream, Hit-Boy, + HazeBanga)

Album: Beyoncé

UnevenTiredKinglet-size_restricted.gif

US Billboard Hot 100: #45

United States Certification (RIAA): Platinum (Single)

US Billboard 200: #1 (Beyoncé)

United States Certification (RIAA): 2x Platinum (Beyoncé)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XO_(song)

RANKINGS:

Dee: 15

Rei: 20

Elliott: 6

Derek: 18

Denise: 18

Kaley: 14

Chris: 1

Andy: 2
Steven: 19

Wally: 19

JC: 3

Lily: 18

Megan: 8

Victoria: 10

Public: 9

Final Average = 12.000

COMMENTS

XO is a triumphant anthem of love. The message that we should cherish our loved ones while we can since life can unexpectedly happen...heartbreaking and beautiful. The song is just so euphoric, grand, a blockbuster. This song feels huge and from the heart, and the chorus hits you like a joyous ton of bricks. I am very happy that Andy fought so hard for this song.

This was one of my early favorites from the self-titled album, and I still do love it but don't listen to it as much as I initially did. I remember all the hype around Beyoncé filming a video at Coney Island and when it dropped, it came out so beautifully. She looks so gorgeous in this video too. It's a really feel-good and beautiful number, I especially loved her recent performance of it at Kobe Bryant's memorial.

This song snuck up on me. After listening to all the songs multiple times, especially this one surprised me at how much I really love it. I did not realize this would be that high on my list (although a lot of my other favorite Bey songs were cut and robbed), but I really really love this song, even more than I knew before. It is just such a great vibe and I could listen to it on repeat all day.

U02a.gif

YOU’RE WELCOME Andy! I spared this song 3 times from cutting it - what an impact from him. :haha: Now I know I gave “XO” a hard time and I don’t want people thinking i hate the song because that’s certainly not the case. I do like it (and sometimes really like it), but it’s never been a song i got to absolutely love like most of her songs. It’s a nice, chill and pretty song but it’s kinda anti-climatic and one note for me. :ph34rwave: I always wanted more oomph from it.

Favorite lyric:

🎵 Your love is bright as ever
Even in the shadows
Baby, kiss me
Before they turn the lights out
Your heart is glowing
And I'm crashing into you
🎵

It’s no secret I love this song, definitely a close second favorite overall from Beyonce for me. It’s super euphoric. It feels like a song that would soundtrack a night on the town with your best friend that you never want to end. I adore this song and I hope it ranks high even though I feel it will be tanked by a few people.

Imagine being a Beyonce stan and not loving this song. Easily one of my favourite of hers from the lyrics to the melody to her delivering the song. 

I love this song a lot more than I remember. It tends to get lost in all the other amazing tracks off of her self-titled album for me.

It's a grower, but I like it.

Never latched onto this one for some reason. 

Pretty good

While I'm on the side of people that found the sampling of the Challenger audio kind of cringe, I still love the song otherwise and it's one of my favourites from self-titled.

13. Freakum Dress (2006 prod. by Beyoncé + Rich Harrison)

Album: B'Day

giphy.gif

US Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100: #25

US Billboard 200: #1 (B'Day)

US Album Certification (RIAA): 3x Platinum (B'Day)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freakum_Dress

RANKINGS

Dee: 9

Rei: 19

Elliott: 10

Derek: 5

Denise: 5

Kaley: 11

Chris: 20

Andy: 19

Steven: 8

Wally: 9

JC: 10

Lily: 13

Megan: 18

Victoria: 16

Public: 2

Final Average = 11.600

COMMENTS

Freakum Dress is a song that I blare as loudly as possible when it comes on and then scream the lyrics. Because that is how hard this song goes. LOL.

I'm so pleasantly surprised that this made it to the end! I was nervous for it a couple of times, with it not being an official single, but it's such a shining moment from B'Day. The lead-up to the chorus is always the highlight for me, every time it gets better up to the end when it gets even more powerful and exciting. 

YAS this is another one that gets me up and dancing every time. PUT YO FREAKUM DRESS ON.

6620.gif

A HOT jam right here. :wub: I always mentioned my strong love for the B’Day era and this song was always one of my standout favorites! I had this on my short list of songs to bring into the game but thankfully Denise got to it before I did. I love the music production on this as it’s so funky and goes in so hard. I love the sassy attitude Beyoncé delivers in her vocals all throughout the song too. :bobo: Also really love the colorful music video and all of the different freakum dress Beyoncé wears. She’s so insanely hot in this as always.

Favorite part:

🎵  'Cause when he acts wrong, that's when you put it on
Get him uptight, this is your song
Hold out your back, time to impress
Pull out your freakum dress

Oh, put your freakum dress on 🎵

Part of me thinks this is a bop and part of me is actually kind of annoyed with the chorus, oops.

I enjoy this song but it doesn't have the same impact as the song above it. 

such a fun going-out song. Though I haven’t seen a “freakum dress” in many months, this song makes me optimistic for the day I shall put one on again! :haha:

One of my original picks!! :wub:  It may be unexpected, but I have always loved this song and putting on my FREAKUM DRESS! :bobo::giggle:  I was too young to be listening to this and still am but it has this fierce, feminine energy about it and a super fun buildup into the chorus that I love! :bobo:  PUT YOUR FREAKUM DRESS ON! EVERY WOMAN GOT ONE! :bobo: And that bridge!! Amazing. We stan a song with amazing tempo and vocals!

ssssslaps

Well since my favourite song from B'day didn't make it, I'll just rank Freakum Dress high since it's my favourite from the ones remaining.

Pretty good