Crisis On Hand: An American Idol Finalists Ranking List

Crisis

3 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Yay, I got four right!!!! 😀

My Opinions:

Lee DeWyze- One of my least favorite Idol winners, but I understand how he beat Crystal. I personally didn’t like the bagpipe idea. It felt too out of nowhere. Maybe it’s just me...

Burnell Taylor- Probably my favorite male finalist from S12, though he wasn’t that memorable for me. I don’t have much to say except for good job for emerging as the best S12 male finalist in Crisis’ rankings! 😂  

Adanna Duru- Aah yes, this is where the Rayvon thing all started... Anyway, I really don’t remember much about her... Even though Maddie arguably had a worse Idol run, I remember her more because she was more fun! 😅

Laine Hardy- I personally disliked the outcry after he won. I personally liked him better than Alejandro. He had more consistent performances and a MUCH better stage presence than Alejandro. I hope he recovers quickly! 🤞😢

Majesty Rose- I was always unsure what she wanted to be as an artist and her poor song choices did not help her... “Let It Go” was a terrible performance, and I thought that she should have been eliminated after that night... 🙁

Congratulations on getting four right! 👍

Lee: I pretty much agree about Lee, though I've come around on him a bit. Yeah, that bagpipe player idea seem to come out of nowhere :rofl:

Burnell: It easy to see how Burnell, or any of the guys sans Lazaro, albeit for the wrong reasons, for that matter can be forgettable. Good job indeed :haha:

Adanna: Yep, the beginning of Rayvon hanging on over the following few weeks. I'm the opposite: I remember Adanna but can't remember much about Maddie :haha:

Laine: Pretty much agree. Absolutely yes to the last sentence!

Majesty: Fair enough, though I disagree about her being eliminated that night considering some who were still around. Having said that, I would've understood if she were

3 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Here’s my comments:

1.  Lee:  one of my least favorite winners of American Idol.  He was better than Nick, though.  And I wanted Crystal to win.

2.  Burnell — I don’t know which is funnier — Lazaro’s meltdown during the train wreck that was “I Can’t Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch)”, or Burnell deciding just to enjoy the ride because he knew that there was no way for anybody to save the performance.  :rofl:

3.  Adanna — this is possibly the right spot for her.

4.  Laine — he wasn’t my favorite winner, but he was a better singer than Alejandro.

5.  Majesty — sigh.  She was my favorite from her season, but she made one terrible song choice (and an even worse decision to sing it straight instead of rearranging it), and she never recovered.  I wonder if someone thought that she was a more powerful vocalist than she was.

Lee - Pretty much agree

Burnell - I would probably say Burnell doing his own thing was funnier :lmao:

Adanna - I felt this was a good spot for her as well

Laine - Pretty much agree

Majesty - I can see how difficult it is for a favorite to fall apart like she did. I don't know, but someone should've advised her not to pick that song, or at the very least rearrange it so it would suite her better

38 minutes ago, wgm said:

what is thread about?

It's a personal ranking list of the American Idol finalists where I rank them based on my personal feelings about them and other posters give their opinions on my rankings. It's meant to be a fun list just to pass the time. :))

I updated the first post to include who has been listed and who still remains. Maybe it will help out when it comes to guessing who will appear next...

Laine will end up being one of the most forgettable winners.  He has yet to even release an album.  He only won because he was from the South and had the desperate housewives voting for him.  He, his girlfriend, "bodyguard "all have Corona.  He's gotten a lot of criticism for not wearing a mask and not social distancing. 

Not a surprise that he is a MAGA.  His fans tried to float a conspiracy theory that Alejandro's family were illegal immigrants.

But Alejandro's had the last laugh with his SOLD OUT tours where there is demand for him to tour overseas.  The Grammy folks singled his performance at Lollapalooza.  Stevie Nicks is a big fan of his.

IDF has never been about the true artists, musicianship.  I'm sure the Top 10 here will be made up belters, ballad queens.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mytake1 said:

Laine will end up being one of the most forgettable winners.  He has yet to even release an album.  He only won because he was from the South and had the desperate housewives voting for him.  He, his girlfriend, "bodyguard "all have Corona.  He's gotten a lot of criticism for not wearing a mask and not social distancing. 

Not a surprise that he is a MAGA.  His fans tried to float a conspiracy theory that Alejandro's family were illegal immigrants.

But Alejandro's had the last laugh with his SOLD OUT tours where there is demand for him to tour overseas.  The Grammy folks singled his performance at Lollapalooza.  Stevie Nicks is a big fan of his.

IDF has never been about the true artists, musicianship.  I'm sure the Top 10 here will be made up belters, ballad queens.  

:yawn:  Again?

105. Lee DeWyze - My all-time favourite Idol contestant, and it isn't close. I've been fortunate to see him live a good 3 or 4 times every year since his win (sometimes more), and my husband & I have made some good friends at his shows. Not only have we gotten a good relationship with Lee, but we've gotten to know some of his family and his wife as well. When we were married, we asked if we could involve him somehow, and when we told him we were doing our first dance to his song Carry Us Through, he recorded a video for us to dance to. ❤️

104. Burnell Taylor - Meh.

103. Adanna Duru - She was getting better, but I didn't have any strong feelings for her.

102. Laine Hardy - He was my favourite of his season, so I was glad to see him win (especially considering I've already made my feelings on Alejandro clear lol). I'm a big fan of southern rock music, so I liked the vibe he brought to his performances as well. His coronation single was catchy, but I wasn't as big on the two songs he put out earlier this year as I wanted to be.

101. Majesty Rose - She was kind of a disappointment on the show since there was so much hype around her coming into the live shows. I really liked her early on, but was more-or-less fine with her elimination when it finally happened (outside of Dexter and CJ still being there).

Edited by Elliott

finally I have managed to get one hint correct! yey!! no complains about the set. pretty much agree about most of it.

still  i would have rated some contestants higher like casey james and dalton rapattoni. and even gabby barrett. they should be in the top 100. 

here is a small poll for you: which season was screwed more, season 15 or season 18? :mrgreen:

Edited by blackfield
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Elliott said:

105. Lee DeWyze - My all-time favourite Idol contestant, and it isn't close. I've been fortunate to see him live a good 3 or 4 times every year since his win (sometimes more), and my husband & I have made some good friends at his shows. Not only have we gotten a good relationship with Lee, but we've gotten to know some of his family and his wife as well. When we were married, we asked if we could involve him somehow, and when we told him we were doing our first dance to his song Carry Us Through, he recorded a video for us to dance to. ❤️

104. Burnell Taylor - Meh.

103. Adanna Duru - She was getting better, but I didn't have any strong feelings for her.

102. Laine Hardy - He was my favourite of his season, so I was glad to see him win (especially considering I've already made my feelings on Alejandro clear lol). I'm a big fan of southern rock music, so I liked the vibe he brought to his performances as well. His coronation single was catchy, but I wasn't as big on the two songs he put out earlier this year as I wanted to be.

101. Majesty Rose - She was kind of a disappointment on the show since there was so much hype around her coming into the live shows. I really liked her early on, but was more-or-less fine with her elimination when it finally happened (outside of Dexter and CJ still being there).

105. That's really cool about you and your husband's relationship with Lee (I'm starting to get a tad bit jealous of you interacting with so many contestants, LOL). That was really nice of him to record a video for the two of you to dance to at your wedding. 👍

104. Not much to say here :haha:

103. Pretty much the same

102. It was nice to see he was your favorite and that he won. I thought his coronation single was catchy as well, and pretty much agree about the two songs he put out

101. Can't say I disagree. It was just sad to see her run ended the way it did

16 hours ago, blackfield said:

finally I have managed to get one hint correct! yey!! no complains about the set. pretty much agree about most of it.

still  i would have rated some contestants higher like casey james and dalton rapattoni. and even gabby barrett. they should be in the top 100. 

here is a small poll for you: which season was screwed more, season 15 or season 18? :mrgreen:

Good to see no complaints about the set! Fair enough about the contestants.

As for the question, I would have to go with S18. The S15 finalists got the short end of the stick no doubt, with them being virtually non-existent during the finale (which is the one major negative I have about it. While it was really nice to see some of the past finalists, the S15 finalists are also part of Idol history; therefore, they should've been more involved in the finale) and not having a tour, but at least they got to perform on stage in front of a crowd and got to work with some of the biggest names in the industry. S18, on the other hand, didn't get any of that, plus their season was much more condensed though it wasn't anyone's fault; no one expected anything like this to happen. I just hope this pandemic is behind us by the time next season rolls around.

Edited by Crisis

See... Adam was way more polarizing (still is) then Alejandro, but he's in my sig so I digress. lol

Short and sweet? He has talent, writes and makes good tunes, and is probably the only AI person who could have their tunes on Adult Swim or Toonami! ;)

I think he is a sweetheart too. Same with Laine! :)

Glad you have Kradison and some other good peeps in your Top 100! :D

6 hours ago, Crisis said:

Congratulations on getting four right! 👍

Lee: I pretty much agree about Lee, though I've come around on him a bit. Yeah, that bagpipe player idea seem to come out of nowhere :rofl:

Burnell: It easy to see how Burnell, or any of the guys sans Lazaro, albeit for the wrong reasons, for that matter can be forgettable. Good job indeed :haha:

Adanna: Yep, the beginning of Rayvon hanging on over the following few weeks. I'm the opposite: I remember Adanna but can't remember much about Maddie :haha:

Laine: Pretty much agree. Absolutely yes to the last sentence!

Majesty: Fair enough, though I disagree about her being eliminated that night considering some who were still around. Having said that, I would've understood if she were

Lee - Pretty much agree

Burnell - I would probably say Burnell doing his own thing was funnier :lmao:

Adanna - I felt this was a good spot for her as well

Laine - Pretty much agree

Majesty - I can see how difficult it is for a favorite to fall apart like she did. I don't know, but someone should've advised her not to pick that song, or at the very least rearrange it so it would suite her better

It's a personal ranking list of the American Idol finalists where I rank them based on my personal feelings about them and other posters give their opinions on my rankings. It's meant to be a fun list just to pass the time. :))

I updated the first post to include who has been listed and who still remains. Maybe it will help out when it comes to guessing who will appear next...

thank you

8 hours ago, Elliott said:

Oh wow, that was so sweet of him! ❤️ 

8 hours ago, KelseyW said:

See... Adam was way more polarizing (still is) then Alejandro, but he's in my sig so I digress. lol

Short and sweet? He has talent, writes and makes good tunes, and is probably the only AI person who could have their tunes on Adult Swim or Toonami! ;)

I think he is a sweetheart too. Same with Laine! 🙂

Glad you have Kradison and some other good peeps in your Top 100! 😄

I absolutely agree that Adam is more polarizing than Alejandro; I'll throw in Clay, Danny, and JAX as well. Having said that, he does appear to be a lightning rod for debate whenever his name is mentioned, which is why I said he was the most polarizing contestant in some time. As I mentioned in my write-up, I do think he's talented (to be fair, they all are even if I'm not as big a fan of some), but I don't think Idol was the right venue for him. At least he appears to be doing his own thing now.

Glad to see you approve of my Top 100! :))

Hopefully, I'll be able to post the next set some time tonight. It should be enough time to take a crack at the clues to see who will appear next. ;)

Especially nowadays, Lee is one of my favorites from season 9. I liked the gravelly/raspy quality to his voice. He'd still probably only be my third favorite of the season (biases for Crystal and Paige lol), but I definitely think he's better than a lot of people give him credit for!

I don't remember ever disliking Burnell, and it could change if I ever rewatch season 12, but he was just there for me the entire time. 

Oooh, Adanna is someone else that I like more based on their post-idol work. While on Idol, poor girl was a bit of a mess lol. She's gotten much better control of her voice since I think. She's participated in a couple Postmodern Jukebox performances that I still revisit every now and then. I think your opinion of her on the show mirrors mine pretty strongly though.

I always liked Laine, but I almost felt disappointed by his run. I agree with your assessment that his performances kinda faded together. I don't remember Laine ever being bad, but I felt like he had the chops and the creativity to deliver better than he did. I do really hope that he recovers from COVID as quickly as he can!

Ugh, Majesty had so much potential 💔 She was a breath of fresh air early on; I feel like a lot of the women of color who audition for these shows are kinda pigeon-holed into certain archetypes and Majesty came across as very singer-songwriter during the early stages of the competition. I think her downfall may have actually began with Fix You interestingly enough. I remember her going off the rails a bit at the end. I wish she'd been coached a little better into picking better songs because she could've been a frontrunner. That being said, outside of the obvious trainwreck, I don't think Majesty deserved to be anywhere near the bottom 3 for her remaining couple weeks in the competition. It kinda made me sad how quickly she was kinda tossed aside. Now that I think about it, I think I like Majesty more than I thought.... maybe it's time for me to look for some of her music lol

7 hours ago, hayden98 said:

Especially nowadays, Lee is one of my favorites from season 9. I liked the gravelly/raspy quality to his voice. He'd still probably only be my third favorite of the season (biases for Crystal and Paige lol), but I definitely think he's better than a lot of people give him credit for!

I don't remember ever disliking Burnell, and it could change if I ever rewatch season 12, but he was just there for me the entire time. 

Oooh, Adanna is someone else that I like more based on their post-idol work. While on Idol, poor girl was a bit of a mess lol. She's gotten much better control of her voice since I think. She's participated in a couple Postmodern Jukebox performances that I still revisit every now and then. I think your opinion of her on the show mirrors mine pretty strongly though.

I always liked Laine, but I almost felt disappointed by his run. I agree with your assessment that his performances kinda faded together. I don't remember Laine ever being bad, but I felt like he had the chops and the creativity to deliver better than he did. I do really hope that he recovers from COVID as quickly as he can!

Ugh, Majesty had so much potential 💔 She was a breath of fresh air early on; I feel like a lot of the women of color who audition for these shows are kinda pigeon-holed into certain archetypes and Majesty came across as very singer-songwriter during the early stages of the competition. I think her downfall may have actually began with Fix You interestingly enough. I remember her going off the rails a bit at the end. I wish she'd been coached a little better into picking better songs because she could've been a frontrunner. That being said, outside of the obvious trainwreck, I don't think Majesty deserved to be anywhere near the bottom 3 for her remaining couple weeks in the competition. It kinda made me sad how quickly she was kinda tossed aside. Now that I think about it, I think I like Majesty more than I thought.... maybe it's time for me to look for some of her music lol

While I wouldn't say Lee is one of my favorites from the season (there are 5 I still have ahead of him), he has grown on me some.

Understandable about Burnell. S12 was all about the ladies, so any guy could just be there besides Lazaro, who's remembered for all the wrong reasons.

Pretty much agree about Adanna. I'll go check out what's she done with Postmodern Jukebox.

I pretty much agree about Laine. It did feel like he was playing it safe. Maybe he was still trying to break his inhibitions. Yes, here's to him recovering as quickly as possible.

I re-watched Majesty's Fix You, and I definitely saw her lose it towards the end. Absolutely agree about her being coached better into picking better songs. Totally agree about her being a breath of fresh air earlier.

On 6/27/2020 at 8:43 AM, Crisis said:

113. Nice to see he's one of your all-time favorites! I do think him sharing some of his personal life helped build a connection to the audience, which is just as important as the performances as long as its not being repeated ad nauseam. I just listened to the song you linked and yes, it's just as you described. 😢 As I mentioned earlier, I most likely will check out some of his other stuff. Him being really close friends with La'Porsha and Trent does explain why he was so happy for them.

112. :stealth: I guess it's the part where I said I thought she was a bit of a brat. Looking back, that wasn't the right thing to say. Maybe I should've said I felt she acted bratty instead, though it's probably not much better. I totally understand about being protective of certain contestants. I have one who I can be fiercely protective of at times; I won't say who it is until I get to that person, though (I may drop a hint or two depending on the circumstances). 🤫 I'll try to be better in the future; after all, I'm trying to be objective as possible with these write-ups though my personal bias may leak out here and there. 🤗 As for Lauren, it is nice to see her career blossom and see that you're so proud of her. 🤗

111.  Seeing how Simon notoriously hates country music, it shouldn't have been such a surprise he didn't have much to say after Sin Wagon:dead:

- Thank you. ❤️ I'm so glad you took the time to listen to the song, and I hope you'll enjoy the other music you hear from him!

- Yes, and thanks for hearing me out. ❤️ Curious to find out who you're most protective of, but Dalton and Lauren are definitely some of my biggest ones (and David A, as I already spilled my thoughts on him :giggle: )  Aw, I appreciate you saying this! :hug::wub: Thank you.

- lol that's true!

110. Josh Gracin: One of my favorites from the season and I love his music post-show as well.

109. CJ Harris: I liked him, but not a big fan. Funny you mentioned thinking Spencer Lloyd would advance as a WC because he was my actual favorite guy. Oh, and clever clue on him. :haha: 

108. Gina Glocksen: I like her well enough, but again not a huge fan. "Sanjaya rocked harder than her that evening for crying out loud!" :lmao: 

107. Scotty McCreery: "Baby lock dem doors" :giggle: He was one of my favorites and I love him even more post-show! He's had great success and I'm happy for him. :yes: Also agree on your favorite performances. And yes, he's legendary to be the lone contestant to have his own forum after IDF's malfunction. :giggle: 

106. Alejandro Aranda: I was never a fan at all. :( I agree that creative song arrangements started so long ago, and people like Blake, David C, and Kris were amazing at it. Of course, Idol likes to call itself season 1, 2, or 3 since the reboot, so we can already see that they ignore all the previous seasons most of the time. :closedeyes: "he pretended to be a DJ" :haha: 

105. Lee DeWyze:  I like him and he's among my favorites of the season, although I did say before that season was a rough one for me. I really cared for two or three of the finalists. LOL forgetting he was in the competition and the "wet noodle" comparison. Yikes. I like his voice though.

104. Burnell Taylor: I don't mind him, but he doesn't particularly stand out as a favorite to me. LOL his comment after the train-wreck. :giggle: 

103. Adanna Duru:  Again, not a huge favorite, but she's okay for me.

102. Laine Hardy: Love him and he was my joint favorite (with Jeremiah) of the season.  Yayy your Oo-De-Lally comment. :wub:  I always enjoyed his personality and style of performance, although do agree he could have shown more versatility. I always hoped he'd do an acoustic ballad. Wishing him all the best for his health right now. ❤️  

101. Majesty Rose: I remember liking her at first, but then losing interest.... probably after Let It Go, as you mentioned. It's a shame, as she had a lot of potential.

8 hours ago, hayden98 said:

I wonder if the pigeon-holing that you suggested played a role in Majesty going off the rails the way she did.  Maybe she was being encouraged to be a belter and not a singer-songwriter, and that was her downfall.

23 hours ago, Crisis said:

As for the question, I would have to go with S18. The S15 finalists got the short end of the stick no doubt, with them being virtually non-existent during the finale (which is the one major negative I have about it. While it was really nice to see some of the past finalists, the S15 finalists are also part of Idol history; therefore, they should've been more involved in the finale) and not having a tour, but at least they got to perform on stage in front of a crowd and got to work with some of the biggest names in the industry. S18, on the other hand, didn't get any of that, plus their season was much more condensed though it wasn't anyone's fault; no one expected anything like this to happen. I just hope this pandemic is behind us by the time next season rolls around.

thank you for answering that. pretty much my thoughts exactly. 

55 minutes ago, miss denise said:

- Thank you. ❤️ I'm so glad you took the time to listen to the song, and I hope you'll enjoy the other music you hear from him!

- Yes, and thanks for hearing me out. ❤️ Curious to find out who you're most protective of, but Dalton and Lauren are definitely some of my biggest ones (and David A, as I already spilled my thoughts on him :giggle: )  Aw, I appreciate you saying this! :hug::wub: Thank you.

- lol that's true!

110. Josh Gracin: One of my favorites from the season and I love his music post-show as well.

109. CJ Harris: I liked him, but not a big fan. Funny you mentioned thinking Spencer Lloyd would advance as a WC because he was my actual favorite guy. Oh, and clever clue on him. :haha: 

108. Gina Glocksen: I like her well enough, but again not a huge fan. "Sanjaya rocked harder than her that evening for crying out loud!" :lmao: 

107. Scotty McCreery: "Baby lock dem doors" :giggle: He was one of my favorites and I love him even more post-show! He's had great success and I'm happy for him. :yes: Also agree on your favorite performances. And yes, he's legendary to be the lone contestant to have his own forum after IDF's malfunction. :giggle: 

106. Alejandro Aranda: I was never a fan at all. :( I agree that creative song arrangements started so long ago, and people like Blake, David C, and Kris were amazing at it. Of course, Idol likes to call itself season 1, 2, or 3 since the reboot, so we can already see that they ignore all the previous seasons most of the time. :closedeyes: "he pretended to be a DJ" :haha: 

105. Lee DeWyze:  I like him and he's among my favorites of the season, although I did say before that season was a rough one for me. I really cared for two or three of the finalists. LOL forgetting he was in the competition and the "wet noodle" comparison. Yikes. I like his voice though.

104. Burnell Taylor: I don't mind him, but he doesn't particularly stand out as a favorite to me. LOL his comment after the train-wreck. :giggle: 

103. Adanna Duru:  Again, not a huge favorite, but she's okay for me.

102. Laine Hardy: Love him and he was my joint favorite (with Jeremiah) of the season.  Yayy your Oo-De-Lally comment. :wub:  I always enjoyed his personality and style of performance, although do agree he could have shown more versatility. I always hoped he'd do an acoustic ballad. Wishing him all the best for his health right now. ❤️  

101. Majesty Rose: I remember liking her at first, but then losing interest.... probably after Let It Go, as you mentioned. It's a shame, as she had a lot of potential.

- Yeah, I'm looking forward to whatever else he has in store.

- No problem. Feel free to call me out if I go too far. As a minor spoiler, it'll be quite a while before that finalist shows up, though as I stated earlier I may drop a hint or two depending on the circumstances. :giggle: You're welcome. :hug:

- Absolutely!

110. Nice to see you're a fan of his and that you enjoy his music

109. Funny that Spencer was your favorite guy. :haha: Yeah, I had a feeling no one was going to get that clue :haha:

108. Pretty much the same

107. Happy to see that you're so happy for him, so the Top 2 that season was really kind to you! Yes at being so legendary he's the only contestant to have his own sub-forum post crash. :haha:

106. Fair enough. He's a rather polarizing contestant. Yes at ABC trying to pretend the FOX seasons didn't exist, though they are getting better at acknowledging those seasons by including some of the past contestants

105. S9 is my least favorite season, so I completely understand this view point. Yeah, that's how I felt about him at the time, though he has grown on me somewhat.

104. Fair enough. Yes, his comment was hilarious :rofl:

103. Fair enough.

102. Pretty much agree except for the favorite part as I have five other finalists from that season to list. I'm wishing him all the best as well; I'd like to think most of us are 👍

101. It's unfortunate she fell apart after that. If not for that, she would've easily cracked my Top 100. :(

1 hour ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I wonder if the pigeon-holing that you suggested played a role in Majesty going off the rails the way she did.  Maybe she was being encouraged to be a belter and not a singer-songwriter, and that was her downfall.

I had never considered this point. At first, I thought she just wasn't getting any advice. Maybe she did get some advice, but it wasn't the right type. I guess we'll never know. 🤷‍♂️

55 minutes ago, blackfield said:

thank you for answering that. pretty much my thoughts exactly. 

You're welcome.

I know I said I would post the next set tonight. However, I just finished a grueling homework assignment and am beat, so I'll post it tomorrow. To those who were looking forward to the new set:

Sorry Dog GIF by swerk

Lee -  This may come as a shock coming from me, but I would put him a little higher. While he was pitchy, and not the most exciting of performers, I do like his voice. 

Burnell - Good placement

Adanna - She was my favorite that season, and "Runaway Baby" was awesome!! So … I would have her higher

Laine - Lane was my 3rd fav of the season (After Ashley Hess & Madison Vandenberg), and I would have him a little higher

Majesty - Good placement. I really enjoyed "Tightrope"

Edited by psterina

12 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

That's very true. That could've easily contributed to it! :yes: 

4 hours ago, psterina said:

Lee -  This may come as a shock coming from me, but I would put him a little higher. While he was pitchy, and not the most exciting of performers, I do like his voice. 

Burnell - Good placement

Adanna - She was my favorite that season, and "Runaway Baby" was awesome!! So … I would have her higher

Laine - Lane was my 3rd fav of the season (After Ashley Hess & Madison Vandenberg), and I would have him a little higher

Majesty - Good placement. I really enjoyed "Tightrope"

Lee: Fair enough about Lee. He actually grew on me to be in the spot he's in now

Burnell: 👍

Adanna: Yes, Runaway Baby was awesome indeed! It's one of the few performances from that season I re-watch from time to time. She would've been higher had she been more consistent vocally

Laine: Fair enough

Majesty: 👍 If she didn't have her downward spiral, she would've made the Top 100 easily. 💔

20 hours ago, Crisis said:

- No problem. Feel free to call me out if I go too far. As a minor spoiler, it'll be quite a while before that finalist shows up, though as I stated earlier I may drop a hint or two depending on the circumstances. :giggle: You're welcome. :hug:

109. Funny that Spencer was your favorite guy. :haha: Yeah, I had a feeling no one was going to get that clue :haha:

107. Happy to see that you're so happy for him, so the Top 2 that season was really kind to you! Yes at being so legendary he's the only contestant to have his own sub-forum post crash. :haha:

106. Fair enough. He's a rather polarizing contestant. Yes at ABC trying to pretend the FOX seasons didn't exist, though they are getting better at acknowledging those seasons by including some of the past contestants

Okay. :hug: Haha I would expect it to be awhile considering you're so protective over them, but I look forward to any possible hints. :shiftywave: 

- I googled the name and saw he was a baseball player, but had no idea what to do with that information. :dead: 

- Yes! And actually, I got my ideal Top 2, Top 3, and Top 4 that season. :giggle: If Lauren had won over Scotty, it would have been perfect for me. Although I was a bigger Haley fan than Scotty at the time, I still wanted a McLaina finale. :wub: :haha:  

- It just drives me nuts the way they refer to the seasons by those numbers. :dead:  

17 minutes ago, miss denise said:

- I googled the name and saw he was a baseball player, but had no idea what to do with that information. :dead: 

- Yes! And actually, I got my ideal Top 2, Top 3, and Top 4 that season. :giggle: If Lauren had won over Scotty, it would have been perfect for me. Although I was a bigger Haley fan than Scotty at the time, I still wanted a McLaina finale. :wub: :haha:  

- It just drives me nuts the way they refer to the seasons by those numbers. :dead:  

-Yeah, you'd have to be a die-hard baseball fan to be able to put everything together. 😆

-Lucky you. :haha: I could see how perfect if that were to happen; however, no one was beating Scotty that season. 

-Yes, it makes me shift my eyes as well :dead:

I'm feeling better tonight, so my next post will have the new set, barring me responding to other posts.

Time to kick off the Top 100! Usually, I match the clues with the finalists after their listings; however, I'm going to do something different from now on. I'll post the clues at the beginning and allow others to match the clues with the finalists. Whoever matches all of them correctly first will get a trophy at the bottom right corner of his/her post. Without further ado, here are the clues followed by the write-ups:

• This is the week it finally happens
  • "What goes around comes around, what goes up must come down..."
  • The voters told this finalist they'd rather stay quiet
  • Was in a group with a winner and runner up
  • That was an interesting beginning to that song..

100. Emily Piriz: Season 13 (12th Place)

MV5BMjM4MDQ1OTY1Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDY5NjI5NDM@._V1_.jpg

Kicking off the Top 100 is S13's 12th placer. Back-to-back S13 finalists, what do you know! :haha: There have been a few contestants who have wasted their potential. Emily, however, is the poster child of wasted potential. She was someone who I was really looking forward to during her season, so to say her run was a disappointment would be an understatement. With that said, I enjoyed her Rush Week performance of Paris (Ooh La La). I liked that she stepped away from the piano and focused on putting on a show and working the stage. Her Glitter In The Air was also really nice. Unfortunately, she completely shot herself in the foot the following week with Let’s Get Loud. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great song to play at parties and other fun events. However, it’s not a song where one can showcase him or herself vocally. Besides, all though it looks like she put in the effort, she didn’t have anywhere near the energy the song called for. Finally, it’s a risky proposition to perform a judge’s song right in front of him or her. It was such a bad song choice it led to her elimination the following night. It could be argued it was worse than Majesty’s Let It Go because at least Majesty was able to hang on for two more weeks, whereas Emily was one and done. I’ve made it clear a few times I’m not a fan of the save; however, since it was in play, I think Emily could’ve benefited from it. It could’ve been a wake up call for her to pick better songs and showcase the promise she showed in Hollywood. As it is, Emily, as much as I liked and was rooting for her, is looked at as having one of the most disappointing Idol runs.

99. DeAndre Brackensick: Season 11 (8th Place)

IMG_6279-684x1024.jpeg

It's been nearly thirty spots since a S11 finalist appeared. Well, that ends now with DeAndre showing up. There are two things DeAndre are probably known for: his hair (though not as much as Sanjaya, LOL) and his falsetto. Regarding his falsetto, I don’t think DeAndre received enough credit for his technical ability. Being able to sing in and control a falsetto at such a young age is an impressive feat. With that said, did he overuse it on the show? Absolutely, sometimes to his detriment. Some of the worst offenders included Reasons and especially Georgia On My Mind. He sung the latter during the WC round and based on that performance under different circumstances, he wouldn’t have been one of my WC picks. However, he was better than a majority of the performers that round, so it made sense for him to be picked out of the options. In addition to those two, I wasn’t too fond of Only The Good Die Young. The one time I felt he used his falsetto properly was for Sometimes I Cry; I thought he did a great job with it. Other performances of his I enjoyed were Master Blaster (Jammin’) and I Like It, which would be his final performance in the competition as he was eliminated the following night. I’ve watched a few of his video post-Idol and he has definitely come into his own as a singer. I just learned he has an album, so I listened to a couple of tracks. It certainly has a neo-soul vibe, which I thought would suit him well after Sometimes I Cry. Apparently, he came out as bisexual, and I say good for him. Overall, DeAndre was someone who, while not a personal favorite, is someone I enjoyed on some occasions.

98. Katie Stevens: Season 9 (8th Place)

3893b9963012755a17a051c55b28c7b9?width=1

Time to go back to S9 with the next finalist. Katie was yet another teenager on Idol who had potential but was on the green side. The main thing about her run was the judges arguing over what direction she should go musically. Randy and Kara thought the R&B-pop route was the best way to go. Simon, on the other hand, thought Katie would be better off going country. This says all that is needed to be known about Simon that season; he had all but checked out knowing it would be his last. From the beginning, I thought Katie was pop with some R&B influences; under no circumstances did she ever show she wanted to be a country artist. :rolleyes: Performance wise, Katie was hit or miss. She made some questionable song choices, Breakaway being the main one. In addition, while she had her moments, she had quite a few pitch issues, most notably in the aforementioned Breakaway and Big Girls Don’t Cry. Her best performance in my opinion was Let It Be. It was here where it looked as if she was starting to put everything together. I also enjoyed Baby What You Want Me To Do. For that one, I’d like to think the song choice was a subtle dig at the judges constantly arguing over which direction she should go musically. :giggle:Unfortunately, that was the last performance Katie would give because she was eliminated along with Andrew Garcia in a double elimination the following night due to the save being used on Big Mike the week before. Post-Idol Katie went into acting where she is probably best known for her roles in Faking It and The Bold Type. As with Thia, I wonder if she’s still singing. Either way, it seems Katie is doing well for herself.

97. Madison VanDenburg: Season 17 (3rd Place)

madison-vandenburg.jpg

With Madison's appearance, S17's Top 3 have been listed the past three sets. :haha: Out of all of the finalists that season, Madison had the most raw ability and the biggest upside. The problem, once again, is that she was too green and had no idea who she wanted to be as an artist. In addition, she performed pretty much the same way: with a huge smile on her face even if the song didn’t call for it. Speaking of which, as for her time on Idol, two drinking games could be centered around her. One was to take a sip every time she was compared to Kelly Clarkson; the other was to take a sip every time Bobby Bones mentioned this would be the time Madison would finally connect to a song. If people didn’t value their livers or were on the verge of receiving liver transplants, both could’ve been played at the same time. I, for one, value my liver, so I abstained from such games. With that said, Madison had her moments. If I were to pick a favorite performance of hers, it would be Fallin’. While the song has been overdone on the show, her version happens to be my favorite. Other performances I enjoyed were How Far I’ll Go and Your Song. As for the performances I didn’t care for, one in particular was Piece Of My Heart. The song was too big for her for starters, plus she had a guitar and didn’t really play it; it was just a prop. If I had to pick her worst performance, it would definitely be Breakaway. This performance showed she had ways to go before she can be in the same room as Kelly. Besides, that song has never been done well on Idol, even by more experienced singers. I did appreciate her deciding to do Shallow instead of the extremely overdone I Have Nothing for her other song that night though. Regardless, she went as far as she was going to go seeing that the Top 2 were going to be Laine and Alejandro barring anything strange happening. As with most teenagers, Madison just needed more experience.

96. Dimitrius Graham: Season 17 (9th/10th Place)

Dimitrius-Graham-1.jpg

Closing out this set is yet another S17 finalist. Dimitrius was one of the more intriguing contestants to appear on Idol. Out of all the finalists, Dimitrius had the largest range. The main issue with him was that he was very inconsistent, often within the same song. Vocally, he would have his moments; however, there were some areas where he would get very pitchy. He began his Idol journey by singing Hello in the semifinals. It was certainly unconventional, with the operatic start and all. It was a performance that grew on me upon re-watch. From there, I enjoyed his Love Someone duet with Lukas Graham. He was eventually picked to move on to the Top 14, where he sang Perfect. It was easily my least favorite performance of his. For starters, I absolutely can’t stand the song, mainly because I hear it all the time no matter where I am. Furthermore, I don’t think Dimitrius sang the song all that well. I felt it was a pitchy mess from beginning to end. Unsurprisingly, Dimitrius wasn’t voted into the Top 7; therefore, he had to sing for a WC spot. He sang when the party’s over, which was certainly an interesting choice to say the least. Fortunately, it was for a WC spot instead of a victory performance. Dimitrius did his thing and as a result, he received one of the three coveted WC spots. As is the case with the ABC reboot WC picks, however, he didn’t last long as he was eliminated the following week despite giving a very solid performance of You’ll Be In My Heart. Nonetheless, the best vocal Dimitrius had on the show was the Bohemian Rhapsody duet with Adam during the season finale; it was easily my favorite of all the duets. It made me wonder what he would’ve had in store had he made it to Queen week. At the end of the day, Dimitrius is someone who I would have ranked higher had he been more consistent with his vocals.

100. Emily Piriz

099. DeAndre Brackensick

098. Katie Stevens

097. Madison VanDenburg

096. Dimitrius Graham

Coming up in the next set:

• Tangerine suit
  • Had an offspring audition for Idol
  • Burning piano
  • "You don't know a thing about her..."
  • An IDF darling...
Edited by Crisis
  • Like 1

"What goes around comes around, what goes up must come down..." - Katie Stevens, she played a student named Karma, and that clue/quote says karma all over it.

Was in a group with a winner and runner up- Deandre Brackensick, definitely, because he was in a group performance with Jessica Sanchez, the runner-up of Season 11 (which became her ex-gf) and Candice Glover, who won Season 12. [This is the guess that I am really sure about]

This is the week it finally happens- Madison Vandenburg, I have a huge gut feel that this is her since she seems to be a fan favorite at her stint.

[this is a toss-up between Dimitrius and Emily bc I really don't have a clue]

That was an interesting beginning to that song- Dimitrius Graham, he had interesting beginning at some of his performances so yeah, especially at Hello

The voters told this finalist they'd rather stay quiet- Emily Piriz, I did not payed much attention on her season, but since she's the only one left, yeah, and also I don't remember Madison nor Dimitrius receiving this comment, IDK.

Edited by anonymouskid_35
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

The voters told this finalist they'd rather stay quiet- Emily Piriz, I did not payed much attention on her season, but since she's the only one left, yeah, and also I don't remember Madison nor Dimitrius receiving this comment, IDK.

It's about the song Emily sang that led to her elimination - "Let's get loud". The viewers didn't get loud... so they stayed quiet xD. This is the only one that I got.

Also while I spoke here, I love reading this thread even if I watched like 2 seasons of AI (9th, which I don't really remember and 16th). And I wanted to know your opinion, Crisis, on those eliminated at the Top 14 in seasons 16 & 17, because I came to realization that you're not including them in this ranking (which I understand, but I would include them if I could lol).