Crisis On Hand: An American Idol Finalists Ranking List

Crisis

15 hours ago, KelseyW said:

That "Nuts of Wonder" has to be Scotty...I remember that joke. lol

Cry Baby was Allison Iraheta's swan song... :( 

We'll see...

14 hours ago, Elliott said:

115. Lisa Tucker - She had potential, but (like with pretty much every minor sans Allison Iraheta) was too young to handle the show.

114. Sam Woolf - I liked him, but I don't have any strong feelings about him. I found some of his performances a tad on the underrated side, and I was fine with him making it to the final five all things considered. That Top 5 twist backfiring so much was great to watch :wub:

113. Dalton Rapattoni - One of my early favourites, but I hated practically everything he did once we got to the "live" shows. Bird Set Free was easily his best, though. As I also suffer from bipolar, it was nice to see him so candid about it on the show. I also got to meet him on my birthday the year after season 15 because he came into the restaurant I worked at. :haha:

112. Lauren Alaina - Mehhhhhhhhhhh.

111. Amy Adams - I really liked Amy in S10 and was bummed that she left so early considering who was still in the cast.

115. Pretty much agreed

114. Pretty much the same. Yes, the Top 5 twist backfiring was awesome. The producers definitely wanted that feel good story thinking the contestants would agree to the twist, forgetting it was a competition with a recording contract on the line. I was so happy to see that squashed

113. Yes, it was nice to see him be open about his bipolar disorder. You seem to be lucky getting to meet all of these contestants :haha:

112. Can't blame you :rofl:

111. Pretty much agree

12 hours ago, blackfield said:

why are you targeting all my fav contestants!? what have I done to you?

dalton doesn't deserve to be that low. loved all his performances and the way he rearranged his songs. he's also a very good songwriter which was never mentioned on the show. just go find some of his originals like hercules, somewhere in america, open book, clockwork, holy man, stop..

• Nuts of Wonder
  • Sang the same song as the winner and runner up on different nights
  • A swan song that sadly described the situation perfectly - if it is allison and cry baby I am coming to get you!!! :no: 
  • Rick Ankiel
  • It's time...

I seem to recall my S18 favorite being made fun of. 🤔 All kidding aside, with the exception of maybe a few, I don't really have much inkling as to any of the posters' favorite contestants, so this is completely unintentional. With the way he rearranged his songs, I could tell he had some good songwriting ability. Maybe I'll check out some of his music somewhere down the road.

I am so tempted to cut Allison now. :muwahaha: However, since I know this is a tough set for some (I should probably have a box of Kleenex ready for @miss denise), I'll show leniency. There is absolutely ZERO chance Allison will appear this soon, so that clue is referring to someone else.

6 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Yes, you broke some hearts with these rankings, but I like that you’re staying true to your opinions. 👍

My Opinions:

Lisa Tucker- No comment.

Sam Woolf- When it came down to the Top 13, two favorites immediately emerged. One, who is my favorite from the season, I will not name until they are ranked, and the other was Sam Woolf. The tone of his voice really got me from the start. I also enjoyed watching him slowly try to come out of his shell. However, when it got to the later rounds it was clear to see that he was one of the weaker ones. I stopped looking forward to his performances. So, in terms of your rankings, this is an ok spot, but I would’ve ranked him over C.J. Harris. 😒

Dalton Rapattoni- While I loved his performance of “Rebel Yell,” he never emerged as a favorite to me (MacKenzie did 😊). I just never resonated with him for some reason. However, I will note that he gave some great performances. So, maybe you ranked him too low? 🤔

Lauren Alaina- Ooh... I actually don’t know how to feel about this ranking. Yes, I enjoyed her performances, but she wasn’t my all-time favorite from the season. I really enjoyed Lauren’s performance of “Turn On The Radio.” While I think you could have ranked her a bit higher, this ranking doesn’t really bother me.

Amy Adams- No comment.

Thank you. :hug:

Sam - Yeah, it was easy to see he was one of the weaker contestants compared to who was left. It's better off staying mum about your favorite from that season, though from a later post I can tell it's not Alex :haha:

Dalton - Yeah, I had a feeling people would think he would be too low. With that said, I was more interested him as a person than performer, though I did like a few of his performances

Lauren - Fair enough about Lauren

5 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

My Take On The Clues:

Nuts of Wonder- I think this clue refers to Scotty McCreery. During Hollywood Week, he botched the lyrics to “I Hope You Dance,” and sang “nuts of wonder.” :haha:

Sang the same song as the winner and runner up on different nights-

A swan song that sadly described the situation perfectly- I think this clue could refer to Allison Iraheta who sang “Cry Baby” for her swan song. Like the song title, she was crying through the whole thing. 

Rick Ankiel- 

It’s time...- 

Nice guesses, though I mentioned earlier Allison won't be appearing in the upcoming set.

4 hours ago, hayden98 said:

ITA that Lisa should've waited a few years.

Sam was someone that I believe I was fond of early on, but while his voice was usually pretty good, he was definitely inhibited by his (lack of) performance skills.

Dalton was never one of my top favorites his year, but I always liked him and I still follow him on social media.

At one point, Lauren might've been in my top 5/10 contestants of all time. I'd probably attribute that largely to being active in her fan forum during the season (I had just joined IDF at that time) and I have many fond memories chatting with people over there. I think you nailed what are some of my favorite performances of hers. I'm very glad that she's kept up doing music since her time on the show; she's really grown in her skill and confidence as a performer in the years since she was on Idol. :yes: 

I remember Amy being fun and I wish she'd lasted a little bit longer.

Ooooh, for the clues.... I know Scotty is the first one. Not too certain about the others though.

I would address them individually; however, I pretty much agree with everything said, with the exception of following Dalton on social media and Lauren being possibly a Top 5/10 contestant.

We'll see if your guess is right.

4 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

I also forgot to mention something about Sam. I remember he did TWO duets with Alex. In these duets it was glaringly obvious that Alex was much more talented than Sam. In my opinion, these duets hurt Sam because they exposed everything he lacked. However, Sam most definitely won in the looks department! 😂

Yeah, it was pretty obvious Alex was more experienced than Sam and perhaps unintentionally exposed Sam's shortcomings.

1 hour ago, CarmenSandiego said:

No real complaints about these rankings.  Especially Sam’s.

Good to see!

1 hour ago, Crisis said:

Sam - Yeah, it was easy to see he was one of the weaker contestants compared to who was left. It's better off staying mum about your favorite from that season, though from a later post I can tell it's not Alex :haha:

Yeah, it’s not Alex! 😂 I didn’t dislike him, but I didn’t love him either. (Which is interesting because he’s pretty similar to MacKenzie... 🤔)

115. Lisa Tucker: She was among my top 2 favorites at the start, but a few others overtook her by the end of the season. I still consider her one of my favorites of that season, although it's one of the seasons I had a large amount of favorites. :haha:  I love her voice and thought she had so much potential. I loved all her semi-finals performances, as well as "Signed Sealed Delivered." I agree her last two were my least favorites, and it's a shame she couldn't get back to where she was in the previous weeks. :(  I actually watched all the shows you named that she had a role on, so I've seen her in a few things. :haha:  

114. Sam Woolf:  I was never really a huge fan and he was just kind of there for me. I did really like one performance though (I think Time After Time? I actually can't remember) And he seems nice.

113. Dalton Rapattoni: One of my all-time favorites. I ADORE HIM. ❤️ I was such a fan from the start, but I formed a really personal connection with him as well through things he shared about his life. I love his song-writing, creativity ("Daltonize" :wub: ), personality, and everything... I just love him. 😢  His album is really really good. I know you say he's not your type of music  (and most people would say he's not my typical kind of favorite either, lol), but it may not be what you expect. His song, "Turn to Stone", is especially powerful and heart wrenching, but I honestly love the whole album and just him in general. I have love for all of his performances on the show, just because it's hard for me not to, but I do agree on his best ones. And I know Dalton was really close friends with both La'Porsha and Trent, so he was genuinely so happy for them to advance. ❤️ 

112. Lauren Alaina:  Ah, they are literally back to back. Lauren is another one of my all-time favorites and I LOVE HER SO much. I never had more of an attachment to a female contestant than I did with her. I just fell in love with her voice instantly and then love her personality too... I feel so protective of her (and Dalton as well).  Yikes, some of your comments are hard for me to read, particularly name-calling. 😢  I'm glad you changed your mind on her performances after a rewatch. I loved all her performances again, just because I adore her and her voice so much. Surprised you didn't name "Anyway" as one of your favorites. Yess, her career has really blossomed these last few years and I am so so proud of her and happy. I love her music and she's not just one of my favorite Idols, but one of my favorite music artists in general. 

111. Amy Adams: I liked her, but she wasn't necessarily among my favorites. She was also kind of just there for me, but then I enjoyed her more than other people that were "just there", if that makes sense. :haha: I really liked her "Power of Love" and "Sin Wagon" a lot. She does have a nice voice. "The most memorable thing about it was Simon saying she reminded him of Jay Leno. I guess it was something since he didn’t have anything to say the week before. " :dead: to both these sentences. 

10 hours ago, miss denise said:

115. Lisa Tucker: She was among my top 2 favorites at the start, but a few others overtook her by the end of the season. I still consider her one of my favorites of that season, although it's one of the seasons I had a large amount of favorites. :haha:  I love her voice and thought she had so much potential. I loved all her semi-finals performances, as well as "Signed Sealed Delivered." I agree her last two were my least favorites, and it's a shame she couldn't get back to where she was in the previous weeks. :(  I actually watched all the shows you named that she had a role on, so I've seen her in a few things. :haha:  

114. Sam Woolf:  I was never really a huge fan and he was just kind of there for me. I did really like one performance though (I think Time After Time? I actually can't remember) And he seems nice.

113. Dalton Rapattoni: One of my all-time favorites. I ADORE HIM. ❤️ I was such a fan from the start, but I formed a really personal connection with him as well through things he shared about his life. I love his song-writing, creativity ("Daltonize" :wub: ), personality, and everything... I just love him. 😢  His album is really really good. I know you say he's not your type of music  (and most people would say he's not my typical kind of favorite either, lol), but it may not be what you expect. His song, "Turn to Stone", is especially powerful and heart wrenching, but I honestly love the whole album and just him in general. I have love for all of his performances on the show, just because it's hard for me not to, but I do agree on his best ones. And I know Dalton was really close friends with both La'Porsha and Trent, so he was genuinely so happy for them to advance. ❤️ 

112. Lauren Alaina:  Ah, they are literally back to back. Lauren is another one of my all-time favorites and I LOVE HER SO much. I never had more of an attachment to a female contestant than I did with her. I just fell in love with her voice instantly and then love her personality too... I feel so protective of her (and Dalton as well).  Yikes, some of your comments are hard for me to read, particularly name-calling. 😢  I'm glad you changed your mind on her performances after a rewatch. I loved all her performances again, just because I adore her and her voice so much. Surprised you didn't name "Anyway" as one of your favorites. Yess, her career has really blossomed these last few years and I am so so proud of her and happy. I love her music and she's not just one of my favorite Idols, but one of my favorite music artists in general. 

111. Amy Adams: I liked her, but she wasn't necessarily among my favorites. She was also kind of just there for me, but then I enjoyed her more than other people that were "just there", if that makes sense. :haha: I really liked her "Power of Love" and "Sin Wagon" a lot. She does have a nice voice. "The most memorable thing about it was Simon saying she reminded him of Jay Leno. I guess it was something since he didn’t have anything to say the week before. " :dead: to both these sentences. 

115. Yeah, it's a shame she couldn't get back to where she was in the finals. I think she wasn't ready to be on the big stage and her being in the B3 the first week of the finals affected her badly. As stated, she just needed more time and experience before going on Idol.

114. I don't have much to say here except fair enough about Sam. :haha:

113. Nice to see he's one of your all-time favorites! I do think him sharing some of his personal life helped build a connection to the audience, which is just as important as the performances as long as its not being repeated ad nauseam. I just listened to the song you linked and yes, it's just as you described. 😢 As I mentioned earlier, I most likely will check out some of his other stuff. Him being really close friends with La'Porsha and Trent does explain why he was so happy for them.

112. :stealth: I guess it's the part where I said I thought she was a bit of a brat. Looking back, that wasn't the right thing to say. Maybe I should've said I felt she acted bratty instead, though it's probably not much better. I totally understand about being protective of certain contestants. I have one who I can be fiercely protective of at times; I won't say who it is until I get to that person, though (I may drop a hint or two depending on the circumstances). 🤫 I'll try to be better in the future; after all, I'm trying to be objective as possible with these write-ups though my personal bias may leak out here and there. 🤗 As for Lauren, it is nice to see her career blossom and see that you're so proud of her. 🤗

111. Fair enough about Amy. I would've liked to see her last longer than she did, but at least she got to go on tour. Seeing how Simon notoriously hates country music, it shouldn't have been such a surprise he didn't have much to say after Sin Wagon:dead:

18 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Yeah, it’s not Alex! 😂 I didn’t dislike him, but I didn’t love him either. (Which is interesting because he’s pretty similar to MacKenzie... 🤔)

That is interesting. I have probably have a few like this as well. 😂

I'm wrapping up the next set. It should be posted within the next couple of hours.

Edited by Crisis

As promised, here is the next set...

110. Josh Gracin: Season 2 (4th Place)

MV5BMjA0OTQ5MTg1OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDIzMzI5NDM@._V1_.jpg

Leading of this set is Idol's favorite marine. Josh was a contestant who was in the USMC (United States Marine Corps). In addition, he is considered to be the first country artist to compete on Idol. His run on Idol had its fair share of ups and downs. Some of the positives included I’ll Be, I Don’t Wanna Miss A Thing, and Amazed. Some of the negatives are Celebration, That’s When I’ll Stop Loving You, and both of his Top 5 performances Then You Can Tell Me Goodbye and especially Bad Blood. Despite this he was only in the B3 once during the finals and he managed to avoid the B2 after his poor Top 5 showing. He eventually finished in fourth place, which is fine because it was pretty obvious the Top 3 were going to be Ruben, Clay, and Kimberley. I remember how curt Ryan was when he announced Josh’s elimination: “Josh, you’re out!”. :haha: I’d like to think being a marine Josh heard far worse during boot camp. One of the better moments was Josh singing to his daughter during his sing out. Outside of his singing, another thing I remember about him was as with Vanessa, Simon suggested he could lose a few pounds. Josh then responded by challenging Simon to a push up contest on stage, and to Simon’s credit he was game. Because he was on active duty at the time, Josh couldn’t participate during the summer tour, which was unfortunate. However, he had a commitment to honor and therefore, it was understandable. He went on to release a couple of country albums, his first being certified Gold, as well as a few hits. I also remember he was invited to partake in the country medley during the S15 Grand Finale but declined because he wasn’t able to perform any of his songs, plus he thought it would hurt his career, which is why Constantine was in it instead. I guess he forgot Idol was the reason he had a career in the first place, and he wasn’t exactly lighting up the charts at the time; therefore, I felt he came off as very entitled. Either way, Josh was a contestant who had an interesting ride on the Idol roller-coaster.

Clue: Sang the same song as the winner and runner up on different nights (Josh and Ruben sang Baby I Need Your Loving during T12, and both Josh and Clay sang To Love Somebody during T4. Looking back, I may have worded this clue poorly)

109. CJ Harris: Season 13 (6th Place)

20160212053525-563c-mountaineagle.staging56be5e2cdd8fe.jpg

CJ is the last of the S13 country males to appear, which obviously makes him my favorite of the bunch. To be honest, I thought Spencer Lloyd was going to be a wildcard pick, so I was pleasantly surprised CJ was picked. CJ had this soul/country/rock vibe I completely dug. I also liked the songs he picked; my favorite performances of his were Shelter, Can’t You See, Soulshine, and Gravity. However, the elephant in the room regarding CJ was his pitch issues. CJ was never the most technically proficient vocalist, but some of his performances were downright painful to listen to. He would go sharp a lot, and he never seemed to be able to fix it. Considering he was a music teacher prior to Idol, it’d be thought he’d be able to correct his issues; however, they continued to plague him up until his elimination. His worst performances included Invisible, If It Hadn’t Been For Love (which is too bad because I love that song), Free Fallin’, and both of his Top 6 performances. His last performance, Whatever It Is, was probably the worst of the worst because I believe he was both sharp AND flat in the song. I didn’t know if that was possible, but CJ somehow managed to pull it off. He was eliminated after it, and as much as I liked him at the time, it was for the better. Post-Idol, CJ had some run ins with the law, including being arrested in a undercover drug sting. Yikes! I haven't kept up with him, but hopefully his legal issues are behind him. As for his time on Idol, CJ is someone who possibly could’ve been in my Top 50 if he were able to fix his pitch issues. As it is, however, he’s on the outside looking in at my Top 100.

Clue: Rick Ankiel (you have to be a baseball fan to get this one. Rick Ankiel was a professional baseball player who was a pitcher turned outfielder because of his issues of throwing the ball over the plate. You could say he had pitching (or pitch) issues, which is a roundabout way of referencing CJ's pitch issues)

108. Gina Glocksen: Season 6 (9th Place)

glocksengina.jpg

It’s time for another S6 finalist to arrive. Gina was first introduced in S5 where she made it to Hollywood before being cut. Undeterred, she came back the following season and made it to the Top 24. Gina was slated to be the resident rocker of the season. However, I may be way off on this, but I don’t think Gina was really comfortable with that label. It was as if she wanted to be much more but was pigeonholed into the rock box. Going to her first performance in the semis, I believe it was expected that Gina would come out with a rock number. Instead, she came out with…All By Myself? Really? A soft rock ballad? Regardless, I don’t think Gina did too well with it. The problem is Gina’s worst performances were when she tried to rock out. The worst offenders were Love Child (Paula calling Love Child a feel good song :rolleyes:) and Paint It Black. For the latter, Sanjaya rocked harder than her that evening for crying out loud! With that said, Gina did have her moments. I thought Alone was underrated and her best performance was easily I’ll Stand By You during Top 10. It was thought that this was the moment Gina settled down as an artist and was poised to make a deep run. However, the following week she gave a forgettable, middle-of-the-pack performance of Smile and was eliminated. Her elimination was one of the most heartbreaking to watch. She pretty much broke down once the reality hit her and then there was her and Haley crying while hugging each other. She put on a brave face and tried to look on the bright side, but you can tell how badly she wanted it. She appeared to be close to the other contestants; after all Jordin and Haley were bridesmaids at her wedding, which I thought was pretty cool. Post-idol I know she hosted an American Idol related show with Constantine, and I believe she released some music as well as form a band. I don't know if they're still together or not. Overall, Gina was someone who really didn’t (or maybe couldn’t) showcase what she was really capable of.

Clue: A swan song that sadly described the situation perfectly (Smile though your heart is aching, smile even though it's breaking. As promised, no Allison in this set :mrgreen:)

107. Scotty McCreery: Season 10 (1st Place)

Promo-1-e1551910667874.jpg

Baby lock dem doors because Scotty McCreery has entered this ranking! :haha: Scotty is the second winner to appear thus far. He was this teenager with a very deep, traditional country voice. He also appeared to be down to earth and a regular guy. I think Scotty won the crown the moment he opened he sang Your Man at his audition. After all, he pretty much ran away with the competition; everyone else was vying for second. With that said, there were a couple of things about Scotty I wasn’t too fond of at the time. For starters, the way he held the mic early on drove me nuts. It was as if he thought it was a flute. The main thing, however, was him taking every song and turning it into a slow, traditional country ditty with a few exceptions. While it was good to see him stay true to himself and showcase what kind of artist he wanted to be (which is something most teenagers on the show struggled with), it wasn’t exactly the most exciting thing to watch. Having said that, Scotty had his moments. My favorite performance from him was definitely Gone; it’s the song he’s most likely known for on Idol. It was a fun, up-tempo song which was different from the usual slow songs he did. I also liked That’s All Right for the same reasons. Some of the other performances I enjoyed included Where Were You (When The World Stopped Turning) and You’ve Got A Friend. On the flip side, Scotty had some very poor performances which included Swingin’, Young Blood, and Amazed. I also wasn’t too fond of his countrified version of For Once In My Life. Regardless, those performances didn’t matter because as mentioned he ended up winning easily. I know he released a few albums, including his Platinum debut album, and had a few hits. One of them, Five More Minutes, went on the chart without the backing of a record label, which I believe is the first time that has ever happened in Country Aircheck/Mediabase history. Next, I can’t forget when he returned to be a S15 duet partner and was saddled with Jeneve for Gone. Boy, was that an entertaining mess or what? :rofl: Finally, Scotty is the only finalist to have his own subforum on the site; it looks as if he has his own dedicated fanbase here. :haha: Scotty appears to be doing well for himself post-Idol, so good for him.

Clue: Nuts of Wonder (Of course, referencing to when he forgot the lyrics to I Hope You Dance and sang those words during Hollywood :lmao:)

106. Alejandro Aranda: Season 17 (2nd Place)

Alejandro-Aranda-Before-Audition.jpg

Closing out this set is the most polarizing contestant on Idol in quite some time. Alejandro aka Scarypoolparty has been someone who has been discussed quite a bit not only in this thread, but in general. I have kept mum on him because I wanted to wait until his write-up before expressing my thoughts. Well, the time has come, so here it goes. I think Alejandro is a victim of the extremely high expectations and hype placed on his shoulders. Going back to his audition, the show was hyping him up as this immense, revolutionary talent the likes of Idol has never seen. When his audition finally came, however, I was very underwhelmed to say the least. It was good, don’t get me wrong, but it wasn’t as great as the hype made it out to be. As for Alejandro in general, do I think he’s immensely talented? Yes. Do I think he can be an influence on those who come after him? Absolutely. Do I think he’s this revolutionary, once in a generation game changer who will change how things will be done not only on Idol but music in general? No. The thing is Alejandro wasn’t even the first to try to make songs truly his own. I would go back as far as S6 with Blake Lewis, who I thought was the first to really try to make performances his own. It was taken to the next level the following season with David Cook. Even Kris Allen contributed to this a little, so for the show to say Alejandro was the first to do so is a bit disingenuous.

With all of this said, I did like Alejandro. He wasn’t a personal favorite of mine or anything, but I probably liked him a lot more than most of IDF. He was definitely better on his own material than covering other people’s songs which while it’s good for him outside of the Idol bubble, it didn’t look too good for him on it. Having said that, he did give some performances I enjoyed during his time on Idol. The main ones are I Fall Apart though I’m not a Post Malone fan by any means, and Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word. He did have some clunkers such as One Dance in which he pretended to be a DJ, Remember Me, and Under Pressure. As for his originals, I really enjoyed Poison and Blesser. My least favorite was Millennial Love because I thought it was repetitive; maybe the full length version isn’t as much, speaking of which I’ve been meaning to check out his album. In conclusion, while I don’t think Alejandro is as great as the hype is making him out to be, I did enjoy him on Idol all things considered.

Clue: It's time... (referring to Alejandro's long awaited appearance in this ranking)

110. Josh Gracin

109. CJ Harris

108. Gina Glocksen

107. Scotty McCreery

106. Alejandro Aranda

I have a feeling it'll be testy after this post; let's try to keep it clean and respectful.

Clues for the last set before my Top 100:

• "The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside, couldn't keep it in, heaven knows I've tried..."
  • Here's to a speedy recovery!
  • Team Adam, though this finalist wasn't around long
  • Bagpipes
  • "I sang what I was supposed to sang!"
Edited by Crisis

110. Josh Gracin He had a couple of good performances but lasted too long. His post-Idol music was decent, but I wouldn’t consider myself a big fan.

109. CJ Harris I wanted him to be better than he was, but he was a mess.

108. Gina Glocksen One of my favourites from S6 and overall. I really wished she’d lasted longer on the show.

107. Scotty McCreery I hated him on S10 but nowadays he’s one of my favourites. His second and third albums were really good and he put on a good show whenever I’ve seen him.

106. Alejandro Aranda He’s absolutely dreadful. One of the worst contestants I’ve had to suffer through, and easily in my bottom contestants of all time. The show needs to get it through their brains that he lost already because constantly bringing him up ain’t cute.

• Like 1

Josh was fine, though I'd definitely have had him peace out earlier in the competition than he did. I also always kinda dislike when people act like they're too good for the show, especially since, like you mentioned, Josh wasn't releasing any hits or anything at the time.

CJ had the potential to be soooo good! I wish his pitch was more in control, because his tone was really good tbh.

Gina ❤️ Definitely one of my favorites from season 6; it's a shame that she was booted when she was because she was finally starting to come together when she left imo.

Scotty was just there for me during his time on Idol; especially at the time, I just wasn't interested in his style. I will admit that I'm tempted to check out his music sometime though. I don't remember any bad performances from him~

Funnily enough, even though Alejandro is a love-or-hate contestant, I'm somewhere in the middle. I'm definitely not here for all the pimping he got, but that's more on the judges/producers. I do listen to Out Loud every now and then. Definitely more of a musician than a vocalist, but I like his vibe.

These rankings are about right.  Although I’d rank Alejandro somewhat lower, for reasons which I’ll address soon.

I think that Alejandro,had two problems.  The first is the one that you mentioned.  Alejandro was the victim of being overly hyped by the judges.  Part of it could be because he might have been the first contestant in the seasons that ABC aired the show to make the songs he performed his own, he wasn’t the first singer on the show to do so.  Blake Lewis and David Cook beat him there.

But Alejandro’s second problem, and the one that makes me want to rank him lower, is that he’s a much better musician than a vocalist.  This might explain why I thought that he was better on original songs than on covers.  And I prefer performers on this show that are fine vocalists.  They may not have to be belters, but they still should sign very well.  Alejandro was a mediocre vocalist.

Edited by CarmenSandiego

2 hours ago, Elliott said:

110. Josh Gracin He had a couple of good performances but lasted too long. His post-Idol music was decent, but I wouldn’t consider myself a big fan.

109. CJ Harris I wanted him to be better than he was, but he was a mess.

108. Gina Glocksen One of my favourites from S6 and overall. I really wished she’d lasted longer on the show.

107. Scotty McCreery I hated him on S10 but nowadays he’s one of my favourites. His second and third albums were really good and he put on a good show whenever I’ve seen him.

106. Alejandro Aranda He’s absolutely dreadful. One of the worst contestants I’ve had to suffer through, and easily in my bottom contestants of all time. The show needs to get it through their brains that he lost already because constantly bringing him up ain’t cute.

110. Fair enough. I would've liked to see him leave a week before he did, but what can you do?

109. Pretty much agree, though I did like him the few times he wasn't a mess

108. I wouldn't have minded if she lasted longer than she did

107. Fair enough

106. Ouch! 🤕 He was that bad for you?

1 hour ago, hayden98 said:

Josh was fine, though I'd definitely have had him peace out earlier in the competition than he did. I also always kinda dislike when people act like they're too good for the show, especially since, like you mentioned, Josh wasn't releasing any hits or anything at the time.

CJ had the potential to be soooo good! I wish his pitch was more in control, because his tone was really good tbh.

Gina ❤️ Definitely one of my favorites from season 6; it's a shame that she was booted when she was because she was finally starting to come together when she left imo.

Scotty was just there for me during his time on Idol; especially at the time, I just wasn't interested in his style. I will admit that I'm tempted to check out his music sometime though. I don't remember any bad performances from him~

Funnily enough, even though Alejandro is a love-or-hate contestant, I'm somewhere in the middle. I'm definitely not here for all the pimping he got, but that's more on the judges/producers. I do listen to Out Loud every now and then. Definitely more of a musician than a vocalist, but I like his vibe.

Pretty much in agreement about Josh.

Completely agree about CJ! I was hoping he would somehow get it together, but he never did.

Yeah, it did seem like Gina was starting to put everything together before her elimination.

I pretty much feel the same about Scotty, except I do remember some bad performances from him, which I listed in his write-up.

I feel pretty much the same way about Alejandro.

8 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

These rankings are about right.  Although I’d rank Alejandro somewhat lower, for reasons which I’ll address soon.

I think that Alejandro,had two problems.  The first is the one that you mentioned.  Alejandro was the victim of being overly hyped by the judges.  Part of it could be because he might have been the first contestant in the seasons that ABC aired the show to make the songs he performed his own, he wasn’t the first singer on the show to do so.  Blake Lewis and David Cook beat him there.

But Alejandro’s second problem, and the one that makes me want to rank him lower, is that he’s a much better musician than a vocalist.  This might explain why I thought that he was better on original songs than on covers.  And I prefer performers on this show that are fine vocalists.  They may not have to be belters, but they still should sign very well.  Alejandro was a mediocre vocalist.

This is a completely fair assessment regarding Alejandro. We all have a preference as to what we want in a performer. Those of us who prefer strong vocalists may not be fans of someone like Alejandro, and that is perfectly fine.

3 hours ago, Crisis said:

110. Josh Gracin

109. CJ Harris

108. Gina Glocksen

107. Scotty McCreery

106. Alejandro Aranda

I have a feeling it'll be testy after this post; let's try to keep it clean and respectful.

My Thoughts:

Josh Gracin- No comment.

CJ Harris- You didn’t rank my favorite S13 finalist yet, but you sure just ranked my least favorite! 😅 I thought that the judges, especially JLo had way too much faith in CJ. With him it was always a hit or miss. I personally thought he should have been eliminated WAY earlier... 😒 I think Sam should be ranked higher than CJ, but whatever, they’re close... 

Gina Glocksen- I guess it’s unfair to compare, but in my opinion, her performance of “I’ll Stand By You” felt lacking compared to Angie and Pia’s. 
Scotty McCreery- I’m usually not a fan of the slow country guys, but I didn’t mind Scotty. “Gone” was also my favorite performance of his. I think you ranked him a bit too low, but I don’t really mind...

Alejandro Aranda- I agree with what you said. The show overhyped Alejandro. Yes, he was a talented musician, but no, his vocals did not compare to the other contests, in my opinion. His duet with Walker was horrendous... 🤮 I liked Alejandro, but I didn’t love him. 

Edited by Bk1234

3 hours ago, Crisis said:

Clues for the last set before my Top 100:

• "The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside, couldn't keep it in, heaven knows I've tried..."
  • Team Adam, though this finalist wasn't around long
  • Bagpipes

My Take On Some Clues:

-“The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside, couldn’t keep it in, heaven knows I’ve tried...”- I think this clue refers to Majesty Rose. These are lyrics to “Let It Go,” a song she sang horribly during Movie Night (or whatever it was called)...

-Here’s to a speedy recovery!- I think this clue refers to Laine Hardy, who recently announced that he was diagnosed with coronavirus... 🥺

My Take On Some More Clues:

-Team Adam, though this finalist wasn’t around long- I think this clue refers to Adanna Duru. She was on Team Adam when she was on the Voice, and I believe she got in 10th/11th place on Idol. 

-Bagpipes- I think this clue refers to Lee DeWyze. I believe he had a bagpipe player come out and play during one of his performances on Idol (it was his idea). 

I actually agree with you about alejandro. he wasn't as good as the show was trying to make him nor he is that special or revolutionary outside the idol bubble. his audition was hyped so much that it left very underwhelmed. his voice is weak and poor diction and  i found it hard on many occasions to understand what he was singing. i did tried to listen to his originals and didn't find anything revolutionary or special in it. i would have rate him even lower. 

• "The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside, couldn't keep it in, heaven knows I've tried..." - lyrics of let it go.. sonika vaid .. she had a wind machine during that performance..
  • Team Adam, though this finalist wasn't around long - 
  • Bagpipes - lee dewyze had bagpipes on  during beatles week and was so bad they made fun of it. one of my least fav contestants. should be even lower than this. 

My Thoughts:

Josh Gracin- No comment.

CJ Harris- You didn’t rank my favorite S13 finalist yet, but you sure just ranked my least favorite! 😅 I thought that the judges, especially JLo had way too much faith in CJ. With him it was always a hit or miss. I personally thought he should have been eliminated WAY earlier... 😒 I think Sam should be ranked higher than CJ, but whatever, they’re close... 

Gina Glocksen- I guess it’s unfair to compare, but in my opinion, her performance of “I’ll Stand By You” felt lacking compared to Angie and Pia’s. 
Scotty McCreery- I’m usually not a fan of the slow country guys, but I didn’t mind Scotty. “Gone” was also my favorite performance of his. I think you ranked him a bit too low, but I don’t really mind...

Alejandro Aranda- I agree with what you said. The show overhyped Alejandro. Yes, he was a talented musician, but no, his vocals did not compare to the other contests, in my opinion. His duet with Walker was horrendous... 🤮 I liked Alejandro, but I didn’t love him. 

CJ: Wow, CJ was your least favorite? It's true he was hit or miss. I wanted to place him into my Top 100, but I couldn't justify it with his pitch issues and all

Gina: I thought Gina's I'll Stand By You was very strong; however, it's fair to say her version was lacking compared to the two mentioned

Scotty: Fair enough about Scotty. I almost rated him lower, but I felt this was the best spot for him

Alejandro: Pretty much agreed. Yes, his duet with Walker was awful

My Take On Some Clues:

-“The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside, couldn’t keep it in, heaven knows I’ve tried...”- I think this clue refers to Majesty Rose. These are lyrics to “Let It Go,” a song she sang horribly during Movie Night (or whatever it was called)...

-Here’s to a speedy recovery!- I think this clue refers to Laine Hardy, who recently announced that he was diagnosed with coronavirus... 🥺

My Take On Some More Clues:

-Team Adam, though this finalist wasn’t around long- I think this clue refers to Adanna Duru. She was on Team Adam when she was on the Voice, and I believe she got in 10th/11th place on Idol. 

-Bagpipes- I think this clue refers to Lee DeWyze. I believe he had a bagpipe player come out and play during one of his performances on Idol (it was his idea). 

I've been working on the write-ups today. I should have them up tomorrow. We'll see if these guesses are correct...

47 minutes ago, blackfield said:

I actually agree with you about alejandro. he wasn't as good as the show was trying to make him nor he is that special or revolutionary outside the idol bubble. his audition was hyped so much that it left very underwhelmed. his voice is weak and poor diction and  i found it hard on many occasions to understand what he was singing. i did tried to listen to his originals and didn't find anything revolutionary or special in it. i would have rate him even lower. 

• "The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside, couldn't keep it in, heaven knows I've tried..." - lyrics of let it go.. sonika vaid .. she had a wind machine during that performance..
  • Team Adam, though this finalist wasn't around long - 
  • Bagpipes - lee dewyze had bagpipes on  during beatles week and was so bad they made fun of it. one of my least fav contestants. should be even lower than this. 

I'm just glad I didn't post any of your favorites this past set. :haha: I can't say I disagree with your thoughts on Alejandro.

We'll see about your guesses...

On 6/28/2020 at 12:47 AM, Crisis said:

CJ: Wow, CJ was your least favorite? It's true he was hit or miss. I wanted to place him into my Top 100, but I couldn't justify it with his pitch issues and all

Gina: I thought Gina's I'll Stand By You was very strong; however, it's fair to say her version was lacking compared to the two mentioned

Scotty: Fair enough about Scotty. I almost rated him lower, but I felt this was the best spot for him

Alejandro: Pretty much agreed. Yes, his duet with Walker was awful

I should have said ONE of my least favorites! 😅 (I forgot about Kristen). My least favorite S13 finalist is between CJ and Kristen. I felt that I didn't see enough of Kristen to make a proper judgement, however, when CJ had no pitch issues he could deliver a somewhat compelling, emotional performance. 

Sorry if I came across as too harsh in my opinions... 

Edited by Bk1234

9 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

I should have said ONE of my least favorites! 😅 (I forgot about Kristen). My least favorite S13 finalist is between CJ and Kristen. I felt that I didn't see enough of Kristen to make a proper judgement, however, when CJ had no pitch issues he could deliver a somewhat compelling, emotional performance. 

Sorry if I came across as too harsh in my opinions... 

Your opinions are fine. 🙂 They're not any harsher than others that have been posted.

Kristen isn't one of my favorites either. In hindsight, I probably should've rated her below MK (Dexter would still be my least favorite), but what can you do. She would've been much better off not trying to be a powerhouse pop diva and sang songs that didn't have too much range.

I should have my next set up some time today. I just have one more write-up to do.

Edited by Crisis

9 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Your opinions are fine. 🙂 They're not any harsher than others that have been posted.

Kristen isn't one of my favorites either. In hindsight, I probably should've rated her below MK (Dexter would still be my least favorite), but what can you do. She would've been much better off not trying to be a powerhouse pop diva and sang songs that didn't have too much range.

I should have my next set up some time today. I just have one more write-up to do.

I forgot about MK too! 😂 Kristen, MK, and CJ are my least favorite finalists from S13. I like these rankings. They help me remember things that I forgot! 😅 

115. Lisa Tucker - I loved I Am Changing, but it was pretty much all downhill from there. Even performnces like Signed Sealed Delivered that the judges liked were pretty pedestrian. 

114. Sam Woolf - A very bland WGWG from my least favorite season. So bland in fact that the judges had to use their save on him when he should've been a vote magnet and tried additional shenanigans to keep him more. 

113. Dalton Rapattoni - Stylistically he was interesting but I agree with you that the execution was poor a lot of the time. 

112. Lauren Alaina - Was pretty boring and mediocre throughout her run. I love country girls but she just coasted her way to the top 2. She also managed to annoy me with her peaches shtick with Ryan which is rare for a contestant to do, so glad you brought that up as well. I wish Simon were there that season; he would've called her out on that as well as her outfits. :haha:  

111. Amy Adams - Well I liked Sin Wagon but she was kind of forgettable otherwise. 

110. Josh Gracin - I thought he couldn't return for the finale because of personal issues? (his suicide attempt) But yeah while he gave a vouple decent country performances, he was a trainwreck a lot of the time. Celebration, That's When I'll Stop Loving You, and Ain't Goin' Down Till the Sun Comes Up are three of the biggest messes that season. 

109. CJ Harris - I loved Can't You See, but he was a pitchy mess the rest of the time. 

108. Gina Glocksen - Always disliked Gina. She shoulted he way through Alone and Call Me When You're Sober and while her last two performances were better, I always thought she should've been a singer from the get-go, not a rocker. 

107. Scotty McCreery - Despite his monotonous performances, he was actually my favorite of the season since Naima, Pia and Jacob ended up disappointing, or in the case of the earlier two, getting robbed. I love his classic country sound as well as the music he's put out post-Idol. Definitely a worthy winner over Lauren. 

106. Alejandro Aranda - I didn't watch a lot of season 17, but I haed every performance of his that I did see. 🤮

5 minutes ago, ~Tom~ said:

110. Josh Gracin - I thought he couldn't return for the finale because of personal issues? (his suicide attempt) But yeah while he gave a vouple decent country performances, he was a trainwreck a lot of the time. Celebration, That's When I'll Stop Loving You, and Ain't Goin' Down Till the Sun Comes Up are three of the biggest messes that season. 

afaik, he never attempted suicide. He just posted weird status on FB that everyone interpreted that way and the police were called.

But that also happened after the S15 finale. He pulled out a few days before because they wouldn’t give him a solo slot to perform an original. It’s why Ace was randomly in the country performance.

2 hours ago, ~Tom~ said:

115. Lisa Tucker - I loved I Am Changing, but it was pretty much all downhill from there. Even performnces like Signed Sealed Delivered that the judges liked were pretty pedestrian. 

114. Sam Woolf - A very bland WGWG from my least favorite season. So bland in fact that the judges had to use their save on him when he should've been a vote magnet and tried additional shenanigans to keep him more. 

113. Dalton Rapattoni - Stylistically he was interesting but I agree with you that the execution was poor a lot of the time. 

112. Lauren Alaina - Was pretty boring and mediocre throughout her run. I love country girls but she just coasted her way to the top 2. She also managed to annoy me with her peaches shtick with Ryan which is rare for a contestant to do, so glad you brought that up as well. I wish Simon were there that season; he would've called her out on that as well as her outfits. :haha:  

111. Amy Adams - Well I liked Sin Wagon but she was kind of forgettable otherwise. 

115. Yeah, pretty much agree about Lisa

114. It was ridiculous how often the producers tried to keep him around :haha:

113. Not much to say but pretty much agree

112. I initially felt the same way, but she has grown on me some, well at least enough to rank her higher than where she would've been at first

111. It's easy to see how someone could feel that way about her

23 minutes ago, ~Tom~ said:

109. CJ Harris - I loved Can't You See, but he was a pitchy mess the rest of the time. 

108. Gina Glocksen - Always disliked Gina. She shoulted he way through Alone and Call Me When You're Sober and while her last two performances were better, I always thought she should've been a singer from the get-go, not a rocker. 

107. Scotty McCreery - Despite his monotonous performances, he was actually my favorite of the season since Naima, Pia and Jacob ended up disappointing, or in the case of the earlier two, getting robbed. I love his classic country sound as well as the music he's put out post-Idol. Definitely a worthy winner over Lauren. 

106. Alejandro Aranda - I didn't watch a lot of season 17, but I haed every performance of his that I did see. 🤮

110. It looks like @Elliott explained his reason for not being in the finale. Other than that, I pretty much agree about him

109. Unfortunately, he was a pitchy mess throughout his time on the show

108. Yeah, I was never convinced she was a rocker. I completely agree about Call Me When You're Sober. I couldn't believe it when she was praised for it

107. He wasn't my pick to win, but I definitely preferred him over Lauren at the time

106. This appears to be a popular opinion about Alejandro :haha:

21 minutes ago, Elliott said:

afaik, he never attempted suicide. He just posted weird status on FB that everyone interpreted that way and the police were called.

But that also happened after the S15 finale. He pulled out a few days before because they wouldn’t give him a solo slot to perform an original. It’s why Ace was randomly in the country performance.

I thought his post had something to do with him being bummed out about his impending divorce, yet it was somehow thought to be a suicide note.

With Ace, Constantine, and Diana, the country medley sure had some random performers in it. 😂

Barring anything new, my next post should have the new set.

Let's see who just missed out on my Top 100...

105. Lee DeWyze: Season 9 (1st Place)

Screen-Shot-2018-03-11-at-12.50.12-PM.png

Leading off the set is the third winner to appear in this ranking. Lee is considered to be one of the most controversial winners in Idol history, though it appears he’s no longer the main punching bag as far as Idol winners go (he can thank Nick for that, LOL). With that said, he certainly wasn’t my pick to win. I never really cared for him as a contestant; in fact, there were times I forgot he was even in the competition. The things I did remember about Lee was he had this harsh quality to his voice I didn’t care for. On top of that, he had troubles staying in key at time and had the stage presence of a wet noodle. So yeah, I was astonished he walked away with the crown. With all of this said, many are probably wondering why he is even this high. Well, time has been kind to Lee as well as a re-watch. After the re-watch, while he still may not have been my pick to win, especially with his showing during the finale, he was better than I gave him credit for. Though the lack of stage presence and being in key were still prevalent, he certainly had his fair share of solid performances. The one he’s probably best known for, as well as my personal favorite, is Treat Her Like A Lady. I also enjoyed his A Little Less Conversation, Simple Man, and especially the Falling Slowly duet he did with Crystal. Finally, I cannot write about Lee and not mention Hey Jude where a bagpipe player randomly came on stage, though I just learned it was Lee’s idea. As for his win, I think a lot of it had to do with him being more likable and relatable than Crystal, though personally I liked Crystal’s personality (BTW, she won’t be showing up any time soon). From what I understand, he released a couple of items post-Idol and has made a decent living as a songwriter; I haven’t really kept track of him. Overall, Lee grew on me enough to make it to just on the outskirts of my Top 100.

Clue: Bagpipes (referencing Hey Jude of course)

104. Burnell Taylor: Season 12 (7th Place)

burnell-taylor_sc_768x1024.png

Burnell has the honor of being the last S12 male to appear in this ranking, making him my favorite male of the season. Seeing that he is the last one to appear but not make the Top 100, that isn’t really saying much. One of the main things noticeable about Burnell was his physical change. At his audition and in Hollywood, he was this big burly guy. At the start of the semis, however, he had slimmed down significantly; I say good for him. As for his time on Idol, Burnell had this unique tone that could be considered an acquired taste. It was one I was to acquire most of the time. In addition, he often performed by standing in one place with his hands moving all around. The performances from him I enjoyed the most were This Time, his victory performance Ready For Love, and especially I’m Here. Of course, Burnell is the last of the trio to appear who was a part of the I Can’t Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch) train wreck. While Lazaro was poking holes in the ship’s hull and Devin was frantically running around trying to patch them up, Burnell was all “we’re all going down anyway, so I might as well enjoy the ride while it lasts”. 🤣He was definitely doing his own thing! It reminded me of the hook to the Outkast song Unhappy: “might as well have fun ‘cause your happiness is done when your goose is cooked”. :rofl: He managed to survive the wreckage; however, it wasn’t for long as he was eliminated the following week after a lackluster performance of You Give Love A Bad Name. It was easy to see why Burnell didn’t do up-tempo numbers up to that point after that performance. The main thing I remember about him post-Idol was that he got to perform with Nicki Minaj during her performance at the 2014 BET Awards. Either way, congrats to Burnell for being the last guy standing of his season in this ranking (not that it means much)!

Clue: "I sang what I was supposed to sang!" (what Burnell said after the train wreck :lmao:)

103. Adanna Duru: Season 14 (10th/11th Place)

1521050923375.jpeg

It's time to go back to S14 with this listing. Adanna was first introduced to us on The Voice where she was a part of Team Adam in S3. However, she was cut during the Battle Rounds; both her audition and her Battle Round showing were montaged, so we didn’t get to see a lot of her. She re-emerged on Idol three years later where she had a much better showing. Adanna was definitely a confident performer with a great stage presence. Vocally, however, she was often hit or miss. This was evident in her two semifinal performances. Rather Be was fine at the beginning with just the piano; however, when she went big it fell apart. My favorite part was the look on Clark’s face when the camera showed the guys. :haha: Hello, on the other hand, was flat all the way through. I do give her credit for trying to interpret the song, but it wasn’t very good vocally. Regardless, she was one of the two judges’ wildcard selections, which she followed up with You And I, which was her audition song. It was fine all things considered; it was definitely better than her previous two performances. The following week Adanna gave what I felt was her best performance of the season with Runaway Baby. Adanna really worked it out with that one; It was a lot of fun. Unfortunately, she took a step back with Love You I Do. The song was too big for her, but at least she looked great. LYID would be her last performance as she was a victim in a double elimination along with Maddie (this is also considered the beginning of Rayvon’s Reign of Terror 👹). Adanna would’ve been better off learning to control her voice better before going on Idol (the irony is not lost on me of her giving vocal lessons to kids in her spare time :haha:). Having said that, considering who was still around, I wouldn’t have minded if she lasted a little longer than she did.

Clue: Team Adam, though this finalist wasn't around long

102. Laine Hardy: Season 17 (1st Place)

Laine-Hardy-a-1586269185-1280x803.jpg

Another winner just misses out on my Top 100! Laine is one of three repeat auditioners to win Idol. He definitely improved from the shy kid who lacked confidence he was back in S16, where he made it to the Final Judgment before being cut. He had a Colton Dixon-esque audition where he was there to support his friend Ashton Gill but got talked into auditioning again (I don’t know if it was scripted or not, but it is what it is). As it always seems to be the case, he made it to the voting rounds, and she didn’t. As for his Idol run, though I just mentioned he was a completely different person from the year before, I felt he was cosplaying what an entertainer should be like. It often felt like he was impersonating Elvis to an extent. Having said that, I do give him credit for at least trying to improve his stage presence though there were hints of his shyness still coming through from time to time; fake it ‘til you make it after all. Performance wise, I would say my favorite of his would be his victory song Hurricane. I also enjoyed Bring It On Home To Me, and Johnny B. Goode. Finally, I thought his Oo-De-Lally was underrated; I found it to be charming. Outside of the performances I mentioned, another one that stood out was Something About The Way You Look Tonight, if only because that was the lone performance Laine didn’t have his guitar and he looked completely lost without it; he even played air guitar at point. 😂 If there was a criticism of Laine, it would probably be all of his performances tended to look and sound the same, but it didn’t bother me too much all things considered. Barring a meltdown, I thought it was clear the crown was Laine’s to lose, though Alejandro made it interesting towards the end. I listened to the two singles he released post-Idol and based on them it appears as if he’s going more of a country route. Unfortunately, Laine has recently tested positive for COVID-19; I don't know if he just has the symptoms or if he's really ill. Either way, here’s hoping he kicks that disease’s :censored:!

Clue: Here's to a speedy recovery!

101. Majesty Rose: Season 13 (9th Place)

MV5BMTkxMTU1MTEyN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzc5NjI5NDM@._V1_.jpg

Taking up the final spot just before my Top 100 is Majesty Rose. Majesty was a cute girl who had a promising start. However, she made one horrific song choice and the train went completely off the rails. Her first three performances Happy, Tightrope, and Fix You were easily her best and based on these, she was poised to have a solid Idol run. Unfortunately, Movie Night came along, and Majesty must have graduated from the Lindsey Cardinale School of Song Selections because she made the worst song choice she possibly could with Let It Go. It’s a song that had a lot of long notes and requires a huge range, which Majesty didn’t have. As predicted, the performance was not very good, and I’m being euphemistic when I say that. It made me wonder what the heck Randy was doing; wasn’t he supposed to be the mentor that season? Regardless, someone should’ve steered her away from the song. The voters agreed with me because Majesty landed in the B2 the night after. Unfortunately, she wasn’t the same because it was easy to see her confidence was shot. With that said, I did enjoy Wake Me Up to an extent. Shake It Out, however, while not anywhere near as bad as Let It Go, was yet another poor song choice. Majesty was unable to overcome that one as she was eliminated the following night. Her save performance was just sad. She tried to be in good spirits; however, she got more and more desperate to the point of it being uncomfortable to watch. There was pretty much zero chance she would get saved after that. It’s too bad Majesty’s Idol run was derailed by a very poor song choice because I really enjoyed her.

Clue: "The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside, couldn't keep it in, heaven knows I've tried..." (Lyrics to Let It Go)

105. Lee DeWyze

104. Burnell Taylor

103. Adanna Duru

102. Laine Hardy

101. Majesty Rose

Here's a list of the Top 100, which will be listed by season and placements (from top to bottom):

Season 1:
Kelly Clarkson
Nikki McKibbin
Tamyra Gray
RJ Helton
Christina Christian

Season 2:
Ruben Studdard
Clay Aiken
Kimberley Locke
Trenyce
Kimberly Caldwell
Rickey Smith

Season 3:
Fantasia
Diana DeGarmo
LaToya London
George Huff
Jennifer Hudson

Season 4:
Carrie Underwood
Bo Bice
Vonzell Solomon
Anwar Robinson
Nadia Turner
Nikko Smith
Jessica Sierra

Season 5:
Taylor Hicks
Katharine McPhee
Elliott Yamin
Chris Daughtry
Paris Bennett
Mandisa
Melissa McGhee

Season 6:
Jordin Sparks
Blake Lewis
Melinda Doolittle
LaKisha Jones
Phil Stacey
Haley Scarnato
Stephanie Edwards

Season 7:
David Cook
David Archuleta
Syesha Mercado
Brooke White
Carly Smithson
Kristy Lee Cook
Michael Johns
Chikezie
David Hernandez

Season 8:
Kris Allen
Adam Lambert
Allison Iraheta
Matt Giraud
Anoop Desai
Megan Joy
Alexis Grace

Season 9:
Crystal Bowersox
Michael Lynche
Siobhan Magnus
Katie Stevens
Didi Benami

Season 10:
Haley Reinhart
James Durbin
Casey Abrams
Pia Toscano
Naima Adedapo

Season 11:
Phillip Phillips
Jessica Sanchez
Joshua Ledet
Hollie Cavanagh
Skylar Laine
Elise Testone
DeAndre Brackensick
Erika Van Pelt

Season 12:
Candice Glover
Kree Harrison
Angie Miller
Amber Holcomb
Janelle Arthur

Season 13: 
Caleb Johnson
Jena Irene
Alex Preston
Jessica Meuse
Emily Piriz

Season 14:
Clark Beckham
Rayvon Owen
Tyanna Jones
Quentin Alexander
Joey Cook
Sarina-Joi Crowe

Season 15:
Trent Harmon
La'Porsha Renae
Sonika Vaid
Avalon Young

Season 16:
Maddie Poppe
Michael J. Woodard
Jurnee
Dennis Lorenzo

Season 17:
Madison Vandenburg
Laci Kaye Booth
Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon
Uché
Dimitrius Graham

Hope I didn't miss anyone. 🤞 :haha: I'll update the main post with whoever's remaining eventually.

Clues for the next set:

• This is the week it finally happens
  • "What goes around comes around, what goes up must come down..."
  • The voters told this finalist they'd rather stay quiet
  • Was in a group with a winner and runner up
  • That was an interesting beginning to that song...

Edited by Crisis

13 minutes ago, Crisis said:

105. Lee DeWyze

104. Burnell Taylor

103. Adanna Duru

102. Laine Hardy

101. Majesty Rose

Yay, I got four right!!!! 😀

My Opinions:

Lee DeWyze- One of my least favorite Idol winners, but I understand how he beat Crystal. I personally didn’t like the bagpipe idea. It felt too out of nowhere. Maybe it’s just me...

Burnell Taylor- Probably my favorite male finalist from S12, though he wasn’t that memorable for me. I don’t have much to say except for good job for emerging as the best S12 male finalist in Crisis’ rankings! 😂  

Adanna Duru- Aah yes, this is where the Rayvon thing all started... Anyway, I really don’t remember much about her... Even though Maddie arguably had a worse Idol run, I remember her more because she was more fun! 😅

Laine Hardy- I personally disliked the outcry after he won. I personally liked him better than Alejandro. He had more consistent performances and a MUCH better stage presence than Alejandro. I hope he recovers quickly! 🤞😢

Majesty Rose- I was always unsure what she wanted to be as an artist and her poor song choices did not help her... “Let It Go” was a terrible performance, and I thought that she should have been eliminated after that night... 🙁

Here’s my comments:

1.  Lee:  one of my least favorite winners of American Idol.  He was better than Nick, though.  And I wanted Crystal to win.

2.  Burnell — I don’t know which is funnier — Lazaro’s meltdown during the train wreck that was “I Can’t Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch)”, or Burnell deciding just to enjoy the ride because he knew that there was no way for anybody to save the performance.  :rofl:

3.  Adanna — this is possibly the right spot for her.

4.  Laine — he wasn’t my favorite winner, but he was a better singer than Alejandro.

5.  Majesty — sigh.  She was my favorite from her season, but she made one terrible song choice (and an even worse decision to sing it straight instead of rearranging it), and she never recovered.  I wonder if someone thought that she was a more powerful vocalist than she was.

Edited by CarmenSandiego