Jump to content

Crisis On Hand: An American Idol Finalists Ranking List


Crisis
 Share

Recommended Posts

And last but not least, there’s Katherine McPhee.  I would not have put her in first place — I would have given that spot to Kelly since I believe that she was the best winner and I think that a winner should have the top spot — but I understand why you put Katherine in first if she was your first real favorite, and because I think that she was the best singer from Season 5.  She probably should have won, but I liked Taylor too, so I wasn’t too upset.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/14/2020 at 9:59 PM, Crisis said:

 

Thank you! Maybe I should audition for Idol next season! :mrgreen: :giggle:

 

I know from first hand experience how protective you can be of your favorites. :ph34rwave: :haha:

 

You might want to check the lower right corner of your post...:mrgreen:

 

001. First of all, thank you for the kind words about my poems. I thought to add something extra to the Top 10 since I was only posting them one at a time. As for your comments on Kat, I'm going to go out of order some. I agree about her range and being really on when she was on her A-game. Her being the first contestant I voted for absolutely makes her special. Yeah, those nicknames were not fun at all. :( Seeing how much of a fan I am of hers now, I'm surprised it took me that long myself. :dead: LOL at you power voting for two hours on multiple phones back in the day for your favorites :dead:; I certainly don't miss those days, though I did what I felt I had to do. :dead: Completely agree at her voice being perfection on STWOM:wub: Yeah, unfortunately Elvis night wasn't her best night and I knew she would be at a disadvantage going in, but at least she tried her pretty butt off that night. Chris was my third favorite, so while I was ecstatic Kat was safe, I was disappointed about Chris' elimination as well (why couldn't it have been Taylor, though I really didn't have any issues with him? 🥺). I agree about bashing contestants over something they have no control over. It was tough experiencing it with Kat, then I had to go through it twice the following season with Haley (Sabrina and Gina). On the flip side, I've had favorites who were on the other side (Tamyra, LaToya, and Pia), but not once did I blame the contestant who was in the bottom with them for it, or completely safe in Jasmine's case. I don't think I've heard the studio version of My Destiny; it would probably grow on me if I do listen to it. I have another confession to make: I wasn't too enamored with her debut album at first because I was disappointed with the direction she chose to go in. However, as a die-hard McPhan, I bought it to support her, and it ended up growing on me after a few listens. The one song that took me the longest to get into was Open Toes because I felt it was a novelty song; however, it grew on me as a guilty pleasure then I ended up genuinely liking it. :haha: My absolute favorite track, however, is Neglected. I just love the melody and how her voice sounds on it (this gives me an idea for another topic, but I have other ideas I want to explore first and besides, I don't want to flood the American Idol subforum with my topics :haha:). I'm happy to see she is one of your favorites and thank you for the kind words about my write-up on her :hug:; I really wanted to make it special. :wub: Going back to my poker comment, I know I said I could clean house playing her; however, the truth is I would probably be so distracted by her beauty I wouldn't be able to fully concentrate; :dead: maybe after I get used to it I could do some damage. :haha: Speaking of her beauty, as for my comments on her looks, well...

 

Katharine+McPhee+American+Idol-takeaweirdbreak.blogspot.com-Katharine_McPhee5.jpg Katharine-McPhee.png Katharine_McPhee_at_Camp_Conival_2016.jpg katharine-mcphee-2018-princess-grace-awards-gala-8.jpg

 

Could you blame me (I couldn't find any pictures of what I talked about in her write-up, so I went for a couple of pics from her younger days and some within the past five years or so :haha:)? :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: 

At least I kept them PG (or at least tried to, though I'm pretty sure I would've been called out if I went too far 🤣).

 

Thank you for the kind words about my list. I tried to have a balance of compliments, critiques, and humor in my write-ups and hoped everyone who read them found something they enjoyed. It did appear we had a few in common though there were some differences (the major one probably being Gabby, though it's good to see she's doing well for herself right now despite not being a fan of hers :haha:). I am completely honored to be considered a friend, it means a lot to read this. While this thread may have been an accident, I'm glad I went through with it because it was nice although sometimes intimidating to see what others thought of my opinions on the contestants and got to know some posters as well. I now know If I need something deleted, I know I'll have to go elsewhere. :dead: As for other rankings, as mentioned I have some ideas in mind; I'm just working some of them out and maybe will start one this weekend. We'll see what happens.

 

You should. :giggle: 

 

Wait, what? 😮 I don't think I said anything intense or super protective in here? detective2.gif.be2e7e4dbfe90190433bb4897c3bb378.gif

 

😮 Aww why thank you!  My dream come true. :wub: :giggle: 

 

Aw, they were always fun to read! 😄 It is especially surprising on how it took you to love Kat since she's clearly your biggest favorite of them all now. :haha: lol I sure did my share of my power voting! "I certainly don't miss those days, though I did what I felt I had to do." Exactly how I feel. :dead:  Ah, I liked Taylor and preferred him at the time, but with Elliott and Chris as my main favorites, I could have dealt with that. It would have certainly changed the season. :haha: Ahh yeah, the bashing is too much. :(  I can't believe you never purchased or listened to My Destiny! 😮 :giggle: I'm pretty sure I bought the hard copy of the single, back when that was a thing people did. :haha: Oh, I get this regarding the musical style of the album. It appealed to me so much though that I couldn't get enough. :haha: Yess Open Toes! That wasn't originally one of my favorites either, I don't think, but it is so fun. :bobo: Neglected is great and I love her voice on that. ❤️ Some of the ones I love most are Love Story, Over It, Home, Not Ur Girl, Each Other, Ordinary World , and Everywhere I Go. That's a lot, oops, but I love them. :haha: Oooh interesting! Well, as long as it's not actual spam, you can flood away. 😛 Aww you're welcome. :hug: Oooh I can relate to that feeling. :lmao:  Hopefully you could or she might end up with all your money. :giggle: Oh, I know she is definitely a beautiful woman! Love that you wanted needed to post pictures to prove yourself.  :giggle: She is stunning and I'm sure one of the most beautiful Idol women, although I wouldn't know how to determine that. :haha:  And yeah, your comments weren't tooo bad. :giggle: 

 

:hug: You are welcome! I definitely noticed that and appreciated it. :yes: Yes, that is true! Awww. :hug: I am so glad too! I know the feeling of being intimidated and worried to see people's thoughts. I get that way too. From what I've seen, any criticism you received (which you shouldn't anyway, since this is all opinion and you were very respectful of everyone), you handled very well. :yes: LOL. :giggle: I am only kidding. You are welcome to ask me for any mod help you need, but I would be sad if you wanted to throw away your threads. :giggle: Yes, I noticed and am very curious to see!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

And last but not least, there’s Katherine McPhee.  I would not have put her in first place — I would have given that spot to Kelly since I believe that she was the best winner and I think that a winner should have the top spot — but I understand why you put Katherine in first if she was your first real favorite, and because I think that she was the best singer from Season 5.  She probably should have won, but I liked Taylor too, so I wasn’t too upset.

 

But what fun would it have been to put a winner in the top spot? 😁 It's a good thing this is based on personal opinions; however, I do understand the line of reasoning. I honestly wasn't upset over Taylor winning either, but that's only because it was really easy to see that was going to happen.

 

46 minutes ago, miss denise said:

You should. :giggle: 

 

Wait, what? 😮 I don't think I said anything intense or super protective in here? detective2.gif.be2e7e4dbfe90190433bb4897c3bb378.gif

 

😮 Aww why thank you!  My dream come true. :wub: :giggle: 

 

Aw, they were always fun to read! 😄 It is especially surprising on how it took you to love Kat since she's clearly your biggest favorite of them all now. :haha: lol I sure did my share of my power voting! "I certainly don't miss those days, though I did what I felt I had to do." Exactly how I feel. :dead:  Ah, I liked Taylor and preferred him at the time, but with Elliott and Chris as my main favorites, I could have dealt with that. It would have certainly changed the season. :haha: Ahh yeah, the bashing is too much. :(  I can't believe you never purchased or listened to My Destiny! 😮 :giggle: I'm pretty sure I bought the hard copy of the single, back when that was a thing people did. :haha: Oh, I get this regarding the musical style of the album. It appealed to me so much though that I couldn't get enough. :haha: Yess Open Toes! That wasn't originally one of my favorites either, I don't think, but it is so fun. :bobo: Neglected is great and I love her voice on that. ❤️ Some of the ones I love most are Love Story, Over It, Home, Not Ur Girl, Each Other, Ordinary World , and Everywhere I Go. That's a lot, oops, but I love them. :haha: Oooh interesting! Well, as long as it's not actual spam, you can flood away. 😛 Aww you're welcome. :hug: Oooh I can relate to that feeling. :lmao:  Hopefully you could or she might end up with all your money. :giggle: Oh, I know she is definitely a beautiful woman! Love that you wanted needed to post pictures to prove yourself.  :giggle: She is stunning and I'm sure one of the most beautiful Idol women, although I wouldn't know how to determine that. :haha:  And yeah, your comments weren't tooo bad. :giggle: 

 

:hug: You are welcome! I definitely noticed that and appreciated it. :yes: Yes, that is true! Awww. :hug: I am so glad too! I know the feeling of being intimidated and worried to see people's thoughts. I get that way too. From what I've seen, any criticism you received (which you shouldn't anyway, since this is all opinion and you were very respectful of everyone), you handled very well. :yes: LOL. :giggle: I am only kidding. You are welcome to ask me for any mod help you need, but I would be sad if you wanted to throw away your threads. :giggle: Yes, I noticed and am very curious to see!

 

Unfortunately, I'll be over the age limit soon, so there'll be no chance. Besides, I would probably choke anyway and be shown as one of the bad auditions. 🤣

 

Not anything intense or super protective, but I was referring to the reaction to my Lauren Alaina write-up.

 

👍

 

As mentioned, I became an Elliott fan before I became a Kat fan. With Elliott, it was after Moody's Mood For Love, whereas it wasn't until Until You Come Back To Me when I became a Kat fan. I think the last time I power-voted for someone was S7; first with Brooke, then with David C. after her elimination. I still voted here and there in the following seasons, but not as much. Kat, Elliott, and Chris were my Top 3 that season, though with Chris he was more of a secondary favorite since I wasn't as big of a fan of his as I was of Kat and Elliott. Yeah, the S5 fan wars were something else; I hope those days don't ever come back. 🥶 It's understandable to be upset, but sometimes things are taken way too far. I should probably turn in my Kat fan card for not purchasing the studio version of My Destiny (fat chance that'll happen :haha:)! I actually did listen to it yesterday, and I have to say it's not as bad as I thought it was back then. 👍 As for the songs on her debut album, the songs listed are ones I like as well. Speaking of Not Ur Girl, I'm just now remembering that Idol played the song during the S6 Top 12 Girls dance montage (I miss those :haha:), which I thought was pretty cool. 😅 I might explore that idea somewhere down the road, just not right now. She certainly is; I'd probably faint if I ever met her in person (no I won't, I'm just being silly and dramatic 🤣)! Hey, if I have any excuse reason to post pictures of Kat, I'm definitely taking it; though I'll be respectful and stop if I become too annoying! :dead:

 

Happy to see you notice and appreciate it! Thank you for the words regarding the way I handled the criticism. I have a simple rule when posting: if I won't say it in person, I definitely won't say it online (though back in the old days, this certainly didn't apply :dead:). I try to respect others opinions even if I disagree because I would like the same to be done for me. OK, I'll keep that in mind, though I have absolutely no plans of having this one deleted. 😆 I have some things to do today, but if not too tired, I'll most likely start the new thread tonight. 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Also, Gabby Barrett (the one you ranked WAY too low 😅) just announced today that she is pregnant with a girl! :ohyeah:

 

Wow, congratulations to Gabby and Cade (with that said, Gabby is just fine where's she ranked ;) :haha:)!

Edited by Crisis
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

010. Quentin Alexander - One of the few bright spots of a dreadful season. He had a handful of performances I liked, and I was firmly #TeamQuentin in that fight with HCJ, but I haven’t really followed him post-Idol. 

009. Kimberley Locke - Slay ❤️ One of my

favourites as well, though I don’t have her this high. She had a couple of rocky weeks, but I easily would’ve had her winning over Ruben and Clay.

008. Elise Testone - Queen Testownage ❤️ One of my all-time favourites and I love seeing someone rank her so high. She had no right being in the B3 as much as she was but given the demographics of Idol’s voters at the time, I wasn’t surprised.

007. Crystal Bowersox - Though Lee is my favourite, I really love Crystal and she’s in my personal top twenty as well. I do think people tend to overrate her run on Idol (particularly in the end of the season, as I thought her Shania performance and Black Velvet in the finale were a mess), but she delivered a lot of great performances as well. I haven’t really stayed as up-to-date with her post-Idol music as much as I want to.

006. David Cook - Love him and I have him ranked higher than this. He delivered so many great performances, including my second favourite Idol performance of all time (The World I Know), and I look back at both his run and that season fondly. I’ve followed his career closely, and have donated to the campaigns for his last few albums. imo, Idol’s best male winner alongside Trent.

005. LaToya London - Meh. :ph34rwave: Fantastic vocalist but there were several others from season three I cared for more than her.

004. Elliott Yamin - He was one of my favourites in S5, but I hated that season so it doesn’t say much. I’ve actually grown to like him a lot more over the last few years after getting to see him in concert a few times. He sounds great live and we bonded over people constantly misspelling our names. :giggle:

003. Tamyra Gray - See my comments on LaToya and apply them to her too.

002. Kelly Clarkson - I mean obviously I love Kelly. I couldn’t call myself an Idol fan if I didn’t. :haha: 

001. Katharine McPhee - Love Katharine and she’s probably in my Top 20 or so. Her and Chris were my favourites in S5 and I frequently went back and forth on who I preferred. I liked her second and third album (and a couple of guilty pleasures on her first album), but it’s been hard to stay up to date with her because she’s so busy. :haha: An excellent number one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

010. Quentin Alexander - One of the few bright spots of a dreadful season. He had a handful of performances I liked, and I was firmly #TeamQuentin in that fight with HCJ, but I haven’t really followed him post-Idol. 

009. Kimberley Locke - Slay ❤️ One of my

favourites as well, though I don’t have her this high. She had a couple of rocky weeks, but I easily would’ve had her winning over Ruben and Clay.

008. Elise Testone - Queen Testownage ❤️ One of my all-time favourites and I love seeing someone rank her so high. She had no right being in the B3 as much as she was but given the demographics of Idol’s voters at the time, I wasn’t surprised.

007. Crystal Bowersox - Though Lee is my favourite, I really love Crystal and she’s in my personal top twenty as well. I do think people tend to overrate her run on Idol (particularly in the end of the season, as I thought her Shania performance and Black Velvet in the finale were a mess), but she delivered a lot of great performances as well. I haven’t really stayed as up-to-date with her post-Idol music as much as I want to.

006. David Cook - Love him and I have him ranked higher than this. He delivered so many great performances, including my second favourite Idol performance of all time (The World I Know), and I look back at both his run and that season fondly. I’ve followed his career closely, and have donated to the campaigns for his last few albums. imo, Idol’s best male winner alongside Trent.

005. LaToya London - Meh. :ph34rwave: Fantastic vocalist but there were several others from season three I cared for more than her.

004. Elliott Yamin - He was one of my favourites in S5, but I hated that season so it doesn’t say much. I’ve actually grown to like him a lot more over the last few years after getting to see him in concert a few times. He sounds great live and we bonded over people constantly misspelling our names. :giggle:

003. Tamyra Gray - See my comments on LaToya and apply them to her too.

002. Kelly Clarkson - I mean obviously I love Kelly. I couldn’t call myself an Idol fan if I didn’t. :haha: 

001. Katharine McPhee - Love Katharine and she’s probably in my Top 20 or so. Her and Chris were my favourites in S5 and I frequently went back and forth on who I preferred. I liked her second and third album (and a couple of guilty pleasures on her first album), but it’s been hard to stay up to date with her because she’s so busy. :haha: An excellent number one.

 

010. Pretty much in agreement here.

009. I wouldn't have minded if she won instead of Ruben or Clay either although I had no problems with Ruben winning. :haha:

008. ❤️

007. Fair enough about people overrating her run. Still, she was the most consistent contestant that season and had more strong performances than anyone else.

006. Being #6 out of 198 (209 if counting the S18 group) isn't too bad. :haha: Agree about him being Idol's best male winner.

005. :(

004. Nice to see you growing to like him more over the years. 🤣 at bonding over people misspelling your names (I take it people write Elliot instead of Elliott :haha:).

003. :(

002. I don't know anyone who calls themselves Idol fans not liking Kelly unless they haven't seen her season.

001. ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...