Crisis On Hand: An American Idol Finalists Ranking List

Crisis

1 hour ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Woah there, wait. This list is actually for the ones that Crisis opinions DURING THEIR RUN ON AMERICAN IDOL. Whatever their career right now or after the show doesn't matter. Colton DID improve a lot, as Crisis said. But don't you attack Josh and Jessica because they were really MILES BETTER than Colton DURING the show, let me repeat that again, DURING. THEIR RUN. ON. THE. SHOW. Colton was just a mediocre artist that season, Josh and Jessica had bombastic and stellar performances, not because of their ability to belt, but their ability to SING and show much passion into their singing.

Just sayin' 

This only goes to show that you can sing karaoke - but can't launch a career after the show.  And it's what matters after the show that counts.  The FACT remains that Colton Dixon who finished in 7th place is the 2nd most commercially successful of Season 11. 

Here’s my comments:

Poor Devin.  He really did try to save the sinking ship that was “I Can’t Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch)”, but there was no way to save that disaster!  And sadly, Devin didn’t help his cause by being honest when asked by Ryan about that disaster.  But it did make for a hilarious train wreck!  :rofl:

Poor John.  He was just in way over his head.  But he still shouldn’t have received death threats.

Thia was my first favorite in Season 11, and I was really disappointed in her.  She was probably too young and inexperienced. Glad that she made a name for herself on the show, at least.

Kellie wasn’t great while on the show.  But at least she won Dancing With the Stars.

Colton wasn’t as good in Season 12 as Joshua or Jessica.  And as I said before, you shouldn’t come off as cocky during your time on the show.  At least his remark was shown on the results show, when it was too late for it to matter.

Edited by CarmenSandiego

3 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Woah there, wait. This list is actually for the ones that Crisis opinions DURING THEIR RUN ON AMERICAN IDOL. Whatever their career right now or after the show doesn't matter. Colton DID improve a lot, as Crisis said. But don't you attack Josh and Jessica because they were really MILES BETTER than Colton DURING the show, let me repeat that again, DURING. THEIR RUN. ON. THE. SHOW. Colton was just a mediocre artist that season, Josh and Jessica had bombastic and stellar performances, not because of their ability to belt, but their ability to SING and show much passion into their singing.

Just sayin' 

I totally agree.  How well the contestants do after the show shouldn’t have any bearing on how well Crisis thought they did on the show!  Mytake, you are seriously beginning to annoy me by dissing those who did well on the show but had problems with a successful career afterwards (especially if any of them were my favorites, as Jessica was)!  Please tone your comments down, at least when it comes to rankings based on how well singers did while on the show.

Edited by CarmenSandiego
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I totally agree.  How well the contestants do after the show shouldn’t have any bearing on how well Crisis thought they did on the show!  Mytake, you are seriously beginning to annoy me by dissing those who did well on the show but had problems with a successful career afterwards (especially if any of them were my favorites, as Jessica was)!  Please tone your comments down, at least when it comes to rankings based on how well singers did while on the show.

Double Standard.  Because you have constantly taken digs at Arthur and Alejandro. 

My point about Colton Dixon - there was ZILCH mentioned on his post show success. 

3 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Colton Dixon is one more successful alums.  He is a GMA DOVE winner who has made a name for himself in CCM.  One of the few Idols that has gone from one major label to another.

I am willing to bet that belters Jessica Sanchez and Josh Ledet will rank very high here.  But both also had careers that TANKED after the show. 

If we're going to pimp people when they were on the show, it's important to look at why some of them bomb when it came to launching a career. 

Now for a post I didn’t want to make because I'm trying to avoid too much controversy and not to have the thread derailed too much. I’ve made it clear on day one this list would mainly be subjectively based on what the finalists did during their time on the show, not what their prospects are or how successful they are after the show, though it may be mentioned from time to time. I felt this was the fairest way to do this because not everyone has or had anything resembling a career after the show. Besides, this list is meant to be fun, not serious. Honestly, I think saying how well they do after the show being the only thing that matters is rather arrogant. It may be the only thing that matters to YOU; however, other people watch and enjoy Idol for other reasons. I’ve said this before: I hope all the contestants do well after Idol no matter how I feel about them; however, no matter how successful contestants are post-Idol, they will not be ranked very high if I didn’t enjoy them on the show. Frankly, I noticed this is something that’s done in just about every thread you participate in. Everything always comes back to one subject: how well a contestant does or does not do after Idol no matter how relevant it is to the thread. Between this and insinuating the reason certain contestants aren’t ranked high as desired because of their skin color despite there being absolutely no basis for it (the classic straw man fallacy), it’s starting to get annoying (actually it’s already there). If this list bothers you so much, you’re more than free to create your own list in a separate thread and rank the contestants based on whatever criteria you see fit. As for this list, it’s not going to change because it doesn’t fit the standards of one person.

* SPOILER ALERT * For the record, neither Josh nor Jessica will be as high as people expect. As a matter of fact, Phillip will be ranked higher than at least one of these two.

In addition, I did mention some of Colton's success post-Idol. I did mention he seems to be doing well for himself and that I heard some of his hits on the radio.

Now back to the daily scheduled program...

Edited by Crisis
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

These rankings haven't been too bad. 👍 Only one of my Top 10 has been ranked (MacKenzie Bourg 💔).

2 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Actually you ranked two of them! 🤣 You ranked Gabby Barrett and MacKenzie. I guess you technically ranked Makayla Phillips already (very high too 👍), so you ranked three. 

There's still 8 more to go! I can't promise when they'll show up, especially since I don't know who they are (it's better that way)!

1 hour ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Here’s my comments:

Poor Devin.  He really did try to save the sinking ship that was “I Can’t Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch)”, but there was no way to save that disaster!  And sadly, Devin didn’t help his cause by being honest when asked by Ryan about that disaster.  But it did make for a hilarious train wreck!  :rofl:

Poor John.  He was just in way over his head.  But he still shouldn’t have received death threats.

Thia was my first favorite in Season 11, and I was really disappointed in her.  She was probably too young and inexperienced. Glad that she made a name for herself on the show, at least.

Kellie wasn’t great while on the show.  But at least she won Dancing With the Stars.

Colton wasn’t as good in Season 12 as Joshua or Jessica.  And as I said before, you shouldn’t come off as cocky during your time on the show.  At least his remark was shown on the results show, when it was too late for it to matter.

He really did try to save the sinking ship. Unfortunately, Lazaro kept poking more holes in it. :haha: I think what set Devin off was Lazaro saying we forgot the lyrics when it was clear he was the only one who did. Honestly, I don't blame him. This wasn't the first time Lazaro ruined a group performance because of his lack of preparation and inability to remember the words.

Agreed about John. No one should receive death threats, especially over something as a reality TV singing competition

I think for Thia and Colton, you're off by a season. ;) I pretty much agree about Thia.

Agreed about Kellie.

I can't say I disagree about Colton. Yeah, coming off as cocky is typically not a good way to influence voters.

I'm currently working on the next set. It should be up some time today.

14 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Honestly, I think saying how well they do after the show being the only thing that matters is rather arrogant. It may be the only thing that matters to YOU; however, other people watch and enjoy Idol for other reasons.

It matters to the contestants and certainly to the industry, the media.  What gave Idol legitimacy initially was the success of their contestants.  Obviously that has eroded in the last several years.  

With any lists, it's important to look at why certain singers didn't well after the show, while others succeeded.  The show itself should be a starting point - not the high point in someone's career.

3 hours ago, mytake1 said:

With any lists, it's important to look at why certain singers didn't well after the show, while others succeeded.  The show itself should be a starting point - not the high point in someone's career.

Darling, you don't have to view this thread just to throw hate here. You're free to leave, if you don't like what Crisis is saying, what we are doing here is to show sum support and love. Do you own redux lol 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Crisis said:

Now for a post I didn’t want to make because I'm trying to avoid too much controversy and not to have the thread derailed too much. I’ve made it clear on day one this list would mainly be subjectively based on what the finalists did during their time on the show, not what their prospects are or how successful they are after the show, though it may be mentioned from time to time. I felt this was the fairest way to do this because not everyone has or had anything resembling a career after the show. Besides, this list is meant to be fun, not serious. Honestly, I think saying how well they do after the show being the only thing that matters is rather arrogant. It may be the only thing that matters to YOU; however, other people watch and enjoy Idol for other reasons. I’ve said this before: I hope all the contestants do well after Idol no matter how I feel about them; however, no matter how successful contestants are post-Idol, they will not be ranked very high if I didn’t enjoy them on the show. Frankly, I noticed this is something that’s done in just about every thread you participate in. Everything always comes back to one subject: how well a contestant does or does not do after Idol no matter how relevant it is to the thread. Between this and insinuating the reason certain contestants aren’t ranked high as desired because of their skin color despite there being absolutely no basis for it (the classic straw man fallacy), it’s starting to get annoying (actually it’s already there). If this list bothers you so much, you’re more than free to create your own list in a separate thread and rank the contestants based on whatever criteria you see fit. As for this list, it’s not going to change because it doesn’t fit the standards of one person.

* SPOILER ALERT * For the record, neither Josh nor Jessica will be as high as people expect. As a matter of fact, Phillip will be ranked higher than at least one of these two.

In addition, I did mention some of Colton's success post-Idol. I did mention he seems to be doing well for himself and that I heard some of his hits on the radio.

Now back to the daily scheduled program...

Thank you!

3 hours ago, mytake1 said:

It matters to the contestants and certainly to the industry, the media.  What gave Idol legitimacy initially was the success of their contestants.  Obviously that has eroded in the last several years.  

While it’s true that what gave Idol legitimacy initially was the success of their contestants, and while it’s certainly true that the show should just be a starting point and not the highlight of a singer’s career, Crisis is right to point out that you’re harping on this point in every post of yours to the point of becoming a serious annoyance.  That’s why I snapped at you the way I did.  Please put up your own rankings of the contestants.

Now, let’s get back to our regularly scheduled program.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mytake1 said:

It's literally a list solely based off his personal opinions on the contestants regardless of how successful they are or aren't. You're literally arguing that his personal feelings on contestants aren't correct just because you think a list should only be based off of sales, which is ridiculous. If the only list people are allowed to do are centred solely on the amount of sales an Idol has, then what would even be the point of having personal favourites every season? There are plenty of Idols who have sold a lot I'm not a fan of, and plenty of Idols I'm a fan of who haven't done much post-Idol. I'm not going to stop considering them my favourite just because you think they shouldn't be ranked high in a personal listing solely because of their success. Good grief.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Darling, you don't have to view this thread just to throw hate here. You're free to leave, if you don't like what Crisis is saying, what we are doing here is to show sum support and love. Do you own redux lol 

54 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Thank you!

While it’s true that what gave Idol legitimacy initially was the success of their contestants, and while it’s certainly true that the show should just be a starting point and not the highlight of a singer’s career, Crisis is right to point out that you’re harping on this point in every post of yours to the point of becoming a serious annoyance.  That’s why I snapped at you the way I did.  Please put up your own rankings of the contestants.

Now, let’s get back to our regularly scheduled program.

43 minutes ago, Elliott said:

It's literally a list solely based off his personal opinions on the contestants regardless of how successful they are or aren't. You're literally arguing that his personal feelings on contestants aren't correct just because you think a list should only be based off of sales, which is ridiculous. If the only list people are allowed to do are centred solely on the amount of sales an Idol has, then what would even be the point of having personal favourites every season? There are plenty of Idols who have sold a lot I'm not a fan of, and plenty of Idols I'm a fan of who haven't done much post-Idol. I'm not going to stop considering them my favourite just because you think they shouldn't be ranked high in a personal listing solely because of their success. Good grief.

my little pony hug GIF

I have some homework to do right now. After I'm done, within the next few hours barring any new posts to reply to, I should have the next set up.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Crisis said:

There's still 8 more to go! I can't promise when they'll show up, especially since I don't know who they are (it's better that way)!

I just realized there are 7 more to go. Makayla is not part of this ranking, and MacKenzie and Gabby have been ranked. I'm actually not sure who my tenth favorite is! 😂 Hopefully, these rankings help me determine that.

38 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I just realized there are 7 more to go. Makayla is not part of this ranking, and MacKenzie and Gabby have been ranked. I'm actually not sure who my tenth favorite is! 😂 Hopefully, these rankings help me determine that.

I hope they will as well. 👍

38 minutes ago, hayden98 said:

I've completely dropped the ball with following this list 💔 I'll try to cover some highlights either later tonight or in the morning!

It's OK. :hug: I look forward to reading what you have to say.

My next post will have the new set, so be ready!

125. Jasmine Trias: Season 3 (3rd Place)

jasmine-trias-13a33a35-6f65-4691-9a52-4a

Leading off this set is the second S3 female contestant from Hawaii to appear in this ranking. Jasmine at the time was a teenager who appeared to have great promise, this was shown with her semis performance of Run To You and especially with her Top 12 performance of Inseparable which was easily her best performance in the competition. Everything after that, however, with the exception of You’re All I Need To Get By, was nothing to write home about. It appeared she had lost her way. The absolute worst of the worst, however, was Disco Night, where she bombed both of her performances. I can’t decide which was worse, Everlasting Love or It’s Raining Men. After the latter, Simon told her she’d better hope every household in Hawaii had at least five phone lines because she was going to need every single one of them. Hawaii must have taken that to heart because she manage to advance to the Top 3, which engendered quite a bit of outrage. Jasmine became the season’s punching bag after John's elimination, so her advancement added more fuel to the fire. There she didn’t fare much better; it was obvious she was clearly out of her league compared to Fantasia and Diana. However, I did feel kind of bad for her when Clive picked All By Myself for her to sing. Of course, this was a song LaToya slayed during the semis, plus LaToya was eliminated the week before; therefore, there is some thought Clive may have sabotaged Jasmine on purpose. Either way, Jasmine was eliminated the following night. She became huge in the Philippines post-Idol, and she is pretty much an icon in Hawaii, so she seems to be doing fine. It’s too bad she couldn’t live up to the promise she showed earlier in the season.

Clue: Not everyone had Disco Fever (referring to her not so stellar Top 4 week)

124. Bucky Covington: Season 5 (8th Place)

Bucky-Covington.jpg?w=980&q=75

Bucky was someone I enjoyed more as a person than a singer. He appeared to be this friendly, outgoing guy despite being a bit rough on the edges. He was like the male Kellie Pickler, though I felt he was more genuine. As for his voice, he had this rough, gravelly voice that took some time to get used to. With that said, I did enjoy a few of his performances. Simple Man, while not the best version done on the show, was something I enjoyed. I didn’t care for his other two semifinal performances, but apparently America did as he was voted into the finals. There he performed Superstition, which was probably the song that was the best suited for him. I thought he did OK with it. The following week he did Oh Boy which was a huge guilty pleasure of mine. It never fails to put a huge smile on my face. His following two performances were him in his element, so nothing much to say there. He gave my favorite performance of his during Queen Week with Fat Bottomed Girls. I even voted for him a couple of times that night! However, it would be his last as he was eliminated the following night. It was probably the best time for him to go because I couldn’t see him do well with the Standards. With that said, I wouldn’t have minded if he stuck around for at least another week; at least he went out on a somewhat positive note. I know Bucky released a couple of items post-Idol, though I haven’t heard anything from them. I don’t know what he’s up to now, but whatever it is I hope he’s living his best life.

Clue: Was said to have hair similar to a pop star (Simon said something along the lines of Bucky having a Jessica Simpson style hairdo during his critique after Superstition 😂)

123. Anthony Fedorov: Season 4 (4th Place)

Anthony appeared to be a nice guy, and he doesn’t have a bad voice; however, I found him to be corny for the most part. With that said, considering he had a near death experience right after birth and was told he wouldn’t be able to talk let alone sing, I highly commend his perseverance (then again, he is a Taurus, so it shouldn’t have been that surprising 😆). As for his Idol run, some performances I liked were I’ve Got You (though Simon said he had as much Latin flair as a polar bear 😆), I Surrender, I’m Already There, and If You Don’t Know Me By Now. Actually, I thought his IYDKMBN was way better than Carrie’s (I hope the Care Bears don’t come after me too hard for that one. If that isn’t a name of her fan base, I’m in double trouble :haha:). However, I can’t say I was too fond of any of his other performances. My least favorites were easily Climb Ev’ry Mountain (especially that last note, ugh) and Poison Ivy. For the former, I couldn’t decide who was worse that night, him or Scott with his The Impossible Dream. For the latter, that was just pure cheese all the way around. It was one of those performances you wanted to look away from but couldn’t. In spite of this, he managed to make it all the way to fourth place. The main thing I remember during his elimination was Carrie crying during his swan song. From what I understand, the two became close friends during the show, plus there was speculation the two of them were dating at some point. In conclusion, As I’ve said before, Anthony was a nice guy and an OK singer, even if I found him to be corny most of the time.

Clue: Sang the same song on the same night as an Idol winner (the aforementioned IYDKMBN during Top 4 week)

122. Jason Castro: Season 7 (4th Place)

jason-castro-01_0.jpg

Back to back 4th place finishers in this set. :haha: Anyway, on to Jason. Jason was this laid back, easy going heartthrob who musical style was just as laid back as he was. He wasn’t the strongest singer, but he knew who he was and made everything work for him. Some of the performances I enjoyed were Daydream, Hallelujah, Over The Rainbow, and I liked his take on I Don't Wanna Cry. For that one, he knew he had nowhere near the vocal prowess Mariah has, so he toned it down and made it fit his style. Then again, seeing it was Mariah Carey Night, he pretty much didn’t have any choice if he wanted to avoid a train wreck (as an aside, I found it funny how the judges often tell singers to avoid Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, and Celine Dion because most of the time they won’t measure up to them, yet there were theme nights dedicated to two of them, go figure 😕). Some of his other performances I didn’t mind. However, from Top 6 on, it appeared he just flat out gave up and wasn’t even trying to do well anymore. To be honest, this annoyed me to no end. Say what you want about Brooke and her downward spiral in the finals, but at least it appeared she still wanted to be there and gave her all in every performance. Jason, on the other hand, was practically begging voters not to vote for him; I believe he even mouthed don’t vote during the Top 4 when Ryan was giving out the numbers. It appeared he got his wish when he was eliminated that week after giving two horrific performances. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone as relieved as he was when he was eliminated. Post-Idol, I know he released a couple of albums; I even heard a song of his on Pandora one day. From there, he formed a group with his siblings, and they performed for a few years before splitting up. I believe he is now in real estate and living a normal life. Regardless, as a contestant, Jason might have been ranked higher had he not thrown in the towel towards the end of his Idol run.

Clue: Was the first contestant to use an instrument on the show (He played the guitar for Daydream in the first round of the semis)

121. Malaya Watson: Season 13 (8th Place)

Malaya_Press_Photo.jpg

Closing out the set is another 8th placer. Malaya was this very energetic teenager, to the point of being hyper at times. This was definitely the case during Runaway Baby, where she was bouncing all over the place. As a result, her breath control was off, and the singing was very difficult to listen to. Also, I thought Runaway Baby was an interesting choice, given the weekly theme (This Is Me). Prior to this, she gave a solid performance of Hard Times (No One Knows Better Than I) during the semis (which is easily the worst semifinal format Idol has ever employed). I don’t know if I would’ve picked her to perform, but it is what it is. Going back to the finals, she recovered pretty nicely with Take Me To The King the following week, though I thought she was sharp at the end. The performances that came after were solid for the most part; however, the absolute gem of her portfolio was When I Was Your Man. I felt she really connected well to the song and I also appreciated her not changing the pronouns, which is often the case when contestants do songs from someone of the opposite gender. Unfortunately, the last week of her time on Idol was rough with her performance of Through The Fire. Chaka Khan is a very powerful singer with huge range, so any song of hers would be a challenge. Sadly, it wasn’t a challenge Malaya was up to. It was easily her worst performance outside of Runaway Baby. She was eliminated the following night and I have her say her swan song was one of the hardest to watch, especially when she softly whimpered the last note because she got too emotional. Overall, Malaya was a contestant with a few ups and downs, but she was fine for the most part.

Clue: Sang songs by the same artist within four weeks of each other (Runaway Baby during Top 13 and WIWYM during Top 10, both by Bruno Mars)

125. Jasmine Trias

124. Bucky Covington

123. Anthony Fedorov

122. Jason Castro

121. Malaya Watson

What to expect for the next set:

• Thanks to this finalist, Kara really needed a beverage :haha:
  • Not Prego
  • Opposite of big sour
  • Considered to have given the first true train wreck in Idol history
  • Not that Big D
Edited by Crisis
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Crisis said:

It was easily her worst performance outside of Runaway Baby

I do think I Am Changing performance of Malaya was easily her worst. She's just so pitchy all the way through. I am really on and off about her, she always chooses big songs that aren't fitted for her so yeah

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

RESPECT THOSE WHO HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS.  STOP BULLYING AND GANGING UP.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Crisis said:

125. Jasmine Trias

124. Bucky Covington

123. Anthony Fedorov

122. Jason Castro

121. Malaya Watson

• Not Prego
  • Opposite of big sour
  • Considered to have given the first true train wreck in Idol history
  • Not that Big D

I got none of these clues right! :haha:

Jasmine Trias- No comment. 

Bucky Corvington- No comment. 

Anthony Fedorov- No comment. 

Jason Castro- No comment.

Malaya Watson- I think this is a good spot for her. She was inconsistent. She had some good performances and some bad ones! (I am very pleased to see that my S13 favorite has not been ranked yet! 🙂)

10 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Yeah and stop hating. SHOW LOVE SOME MORE ♥️♥️♥️

I actually pointed out that Daniel Seavey, Colton Dixon are 2 of the more successful alums.  And of those rank so far,  I will add Kellie Pickler and Danny Gokey. 

12 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

I do think I Am Changing performance of Malaya was easily her worst. She's just so pitchy all the way through. I am really on and off about her, she always chooses big songs that aren't fitted for her so yeah

I thought I Am Changing was one of her better ones *shrugs*. I do agree about her picking songs that were too big for her, though.

11 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

I got none of these clues right! :haha:

Jasmine Trias- No comment. 

Bucky Corvington- No comment. 

Anthony Fedorov- No comment. 

Jason Castro- No comment.

Malaya Watson- I think this is a good spot for her. She was inconsistent. She had some good performances and some bad ones! (I am very pleased to see that my S13 favorite has not been ranked yet! 🙂)

Not much to say about this set. :haha: I agree about Malaya being inconsistent. Hopefully your S13 favorite won't show up anytime soon (though I can't make any promises).

Because I've missed some 70 contestants, I'll just comment on some standouts lol.

I might've ranked Gianna a little higher. I mean, she shouldn't have made it to the finals imo, but I think with several years under her belt (and hopefully less emphasis on her mom), she might've been a contender. I've not checked out any post-idol music from her though, so idk.

ITA with you on Gabby. I've not bothered listening to her single, but her few standouts on the show were the songs she did that were not country. The drama with both her family and Cade has really soured her for me as well. Hopefully she continues to do well in music though.

It may have been because one of my friends on IDF at the time was a huge Stefano fan, but I also was pretty fond of Stefano so I'd probably rank him quite a bit higher lol. I will say that I'm much more invested in him post-idol though with the hilarity that is "I'm On a Roll" and he's actually done some really good stuff with Postmodern Jukebox so I'd highly recommend the stuff he's done with them if nothing else.

Karen Rodriguez is someone who I thought was boring on Idol, but like Stefano, some of her post-Idol work is actually quite good! She posts covers at least on her YouTube channel.

And Paige was actually one of my all time favorites for a time lmao. I'm glad that you've got a bit of love for her (even if I'd still probably rank her about 60 placements higher). I mostly just wish Paige released more post-Idol content for me to stan lol. What she has released has been pretty good though at least.

And since they're recent posts, I'll comment on the last set~

I remember liking what I've seen of Jasmine, but I never did reach the trainwreck!Jasmine portion of season 3 so my vision of her is mostly her highlights lol.

Not much to say about Bucky. I don't remember watching any of his performances, but this seems like a solid spot to place him.

Anthony is someone who I've mostly just seen pre-live show footage of, so I'd say I like him and think he's pretty attractive, but I'm also not complaining about this placement.

I recently watched through season 7 and was surprised at how much I liked Jason. I'd probably have swapped him and Brooke in the actual show, especially since Jason pretty much checked out by the end of his run.

Malaya was something of a default favorite of mine during season 13 (ugh, that semifinal format). Malaya is another example of a teen who should've waited a few years imo, because she did have a lot of potential!

125. Jasmine Trias - I remember being happy with how far she made it. She was never a top favorite for me but I still enjoyed her voice and personality.

124. Bucky Covington - I don't remember loving his Idol run. However, I've recently rewatched his season and I actually like him more now.

123. Anthony Fedorov - I loved his audition but not everything after. I always thought it was weird he sang the same song as Carrie that one night. haha He made it slightly too far for me.

122. Jason Castro - JASON 😍 Yes, I loved him and yes, I still follow him on social media and he has a gorgeous family. Ugh, such good genes. 🤣 I'm about to rewatch his season. I liked his chill vibe and just the sound of his voice in general but I know he struggled near the end of his run. I was sad to see it end.

121. Malaya Watson - I don't remember much about her but I wasn't a huge fan and thought she made it too far.

• Not Prego - Katharine McPhee
  • Opposite of big sour - Justin Guarini
  • Considered to have given the first true train wreck in Idol history - Nikki McKibbin?
  • Not that Big D