Most one sided battles ever

Misirlou

I would say Mikaela Astel vs The Bundys, really they put 3 grown adults up against a little girl, come on that had to be planned.

The Bundys also stated in their blinds that they loved Eva Cassidy and Kelly gave them Songbird.

22 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

Once again, Maelyn Vs Savannah. Bless Savannah and she did well, but The Queen is The Queen.

I mean Maelyn is excellent, but was it really that one-sided? Savannah put up a good fight.

I remember Kyla being leagues ahead of JessLee in their battle even if Kyla wasn't all that good herself. Mandi vs Sara Collins also comes to mind.

2 hours ago, FloorWax said:

I mean Maelyn is excellent, but was it really that one-sided? Savannah put up a good fight.

I remember Kyla being leagues ahead of JessLee in their battle even if Kyla wasn't all that good herself. Mandi vs Sara Collins also comes to mind.

what you mean that Kyla wasn't all that good herself?

15 minutes ago, azwige said:

i think she mean that she wasn't that good in her battle. wouldn't blame her tho. the song didn't fit her

honestly i thought she did great, so idk maybe its personal preference. she hit some pretty difficult notes

14 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

honestly i thought she did great, so idk maybe its personal preference. she hit some pretty difficult notes

she was technically very good but that song did nothing for her style. she did hit some powerful notes but they felt out of place in that song imo

I liked every other performance of hers and she was my pick to win but that one performance sticks out like a sore thumb in her catalogue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FloorWax said:

she was technically very good but that song did nothing for her style. she did hit some powerful notes but they felt out of place in that song imo

I liked every other performance of hers and she was my pick to win but that one performance sticks out like a sore thumb in her catalogue.

totally agree with that; i thought that she sang well but the song was more popish, likely to give jesslee (the false hope that she might have) a chance

Was Jubal & Amanda (S9) the act that got chair turns just because they knew he was going to propose to her afterward? They might as well have been wearing targets on their backs when they were paired with Amy Vachal.

13 hours ago, Vinyl said:

Was Jubal & Amanda (S9) the act that got chair turns just because they knew he was going to propose to her afterward? They might as well have been wearing targets on their backs when they were paired with Amy Vachal.

Really? I always felt like Amy was the one who was supposed to be fodder in that battle considering the song "To Love Somebody" wasn't exactly in Amy's wheelhouse.

Edited by Grey_Raine
  • Like 1

Kyla vs. JessLee is one that comes to mind. DeBorah vs. Nelly's Echo too (DeBorah one of the most underrated contestants of all time IMO, and she completely destroyed Nelly's Echo in this battle)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, antikid said:

Most of John's battles this season and some from the previous seasons. He basically chooses a perfect song for his chosen contestant and for the other to fail

Probably an unpopular opinion but I didn't think any of his battles this season were very one-sided.

Most people point out Mandi Castillo vs CammWess, but Mandi didn't exactly blow CammWess out of the water even if the song choice wasn't in her favor. The others weren't that one-sided either.

Mike vs Zach - The song choice didn't cater to just one of them, because it didn't fit either of them. 😂

Darious vs Nelson - The song choice fit both of them and they both did great.

Thunderstorm vs Cedrice - You can't say the song choice was in favor of just one of them either, because "Stay" isn't that stylistically similar to "Blackbird" or "Fever".

Zan vs Brittney is probably the most set up for a Zan win because while they each got the same amount of singing time, Zan got hers first, allowing her to make a bigger impact. But in terms of style, "Closer To Fine" is a good fit for both of them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 1 year later...