idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
Teraginn

The Voice Australia Season 9

Yass Jesse :thumbs:

Team Delta slaying the playoffs, even the losers put up good performances. 

I'm sad about Matt Gresham though, hopefully he will get the wildcard. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Archanium said:

I'm sad about Matt Gresham though, hopefully he will get the wildcard. 

Yeah I hope so even though him and Tim is almost in the same lane, there's just some unique quality on their own 

• Thanks 1

It'll be interesting to see who Kelly picks as her 2 wildcards - seeing as she's definitely not taking Jimi and Elishia, she's left with Bo'Ness, Despina and presumably Lyric (Chris will win that playoff). Who do you think will miss out on her wildcard? I think Despina's a shoo-in for her wildcard, but I'm not sure if Bo'Ness or Lyric should get the other one

I think Guy will give his wildcard to either Matt or Wolf, though Guy doesn't seem to have much faith in Wolf.

George's wildcard will probably be between Elyse and whoever loses out of Virginia and Sapphire.

Delta's is obviously Stellar - though Claudia is a close second I can't see Delta not take Stellar through to the next round.

5 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

I think Despina's a shoo-in for her wildcard, but I'm not sure if Bo'Ness or Lyric should get the other one

Lyric got a right song choice for tomorrow based on the preview, so I think it's definitely her I think

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

Delta's is obviously Stellar - though Claudia is a close second I can't see Delta not take Stellar through to the next round.

I really have that feeling that Delta just wanted to push Stellar more to which is why she did not won that, she kept on saying tonight that she wants to burn that desire of Stellar for her to go harder. I also heard her saying she got her few times, and Stellar's always pimped, or always put in the last spot in every round, so it's obvious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Do anyone know where to watch a replay of tonight's episode? Or is it uploaded few days after the episode?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Some people on IG talked about an article about tomorrow's episode (which has been removed now)

potential spoiler

they said it was about Soma blasting the show after getting eliminated and it is also said that Guy saved Matt Gresham.

Edited by Archanium
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Archanium said:

Some people on IG talked about an article about tomorrow's episode (which has been removed now)

potential spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

they said it was about Soma blasting the show after getting eliminated and it is also said that Guy saved Matt Gresham.

LMAOOO I saw this one. Here'e the screenshot of it:

screenshot-2020-07-06-20-29-53-66.jpg

screenshot-2020-07-06-20-30-21-69.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

I really have that feeling that Delta just wanted to push Stellar more to which is why she did not won that, she kept on saying tonight that she wants to burn that desire of Stellar for her to go harder. I also heard her saying she got her few times, and Stellar's always pimped, or always put in the last spot in every round, so it's obvious.

Absolutely - I heard a sneaky 'I've got you' from Delta after Stellar was pleading her case for why she should be the wildcard. Not that Jesse isn't deserving of the win, but I do think Stellar will be there until the end but needs a bit more fire to make it to the grand finals. 

This might not be totally accurate, but judging from Jesse's IG stories it looks like he's back home (he lives in Tassie so would have been in a hotel if he was still in Sydney). That pretty much cements our thinking that Delta chose Stellar for the grand final (Matt has said he's in Perth and Clarissa is so talented but wouldn't be the best choice as a grand finalist)

51 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Hide contents

Haha I saw this too! Based on the preview we got of tomorrow's episode, I wonder what the coaches said to Soma to make her question if their advice was 'genuine'. I think Delta's definitely not sold on Soma's voice considering she didn't turn for her in the blinds, but Guy seemed to really love her. It'll be interesting to watch Stephanie vs Soma

I'm shocked Delta picked Jesse over Stellar. Performance-wise, Stellar was far superior. Jesse went off-pitch quite visibly at one point of the song, and conveyed much less emotion. But Stellar will be Delta's wildcard, for sure, so all is good. Sucks for Graeme and Claudia though :(

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Brick said:

I'm shocked Delta picked Jesse over Stellar. Performance-wise, Stellar was far superior. Jesse went off-pitch quite visibly at one point of the song, and conveyed much less emotion. But Stellar will be Delta's wildcard, for sure, so all is good. Sucks for Graeme and Claudia though :(

Jesse's definitely weaker vocally but I have to say he really surprised me. Apart from the climax when she sings 'nothing has to change... I love you', I felt like Stellar's performance wasn't as good as Jesse's on the whole.

I think Stellar needs to learn how to show emotion without being overcome with it so much that it ruins her performance - Stellar will definitely be Delta's wildcard though and I think she's Delta's pick for the grand final. These wildcards/saves really do come in handy - had there not been a wildcard that decision may have been different.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Here's some of the text for the article (I don't know how to do the "Reveal Hidden Contents" thingy yet so I'll just white text it for those who maybe don't want the spoiler):

The Voice: Soma Sutton blasts the show after being eliminated
The Voice coach reveals a time when she was 'rich broke' and struggling to keep up.

A contestant on The Voice did not react well after being eliminated from the competition, telling the coaches that she "didn't really want to come on the show in the first place".

Soma Sutton and Stephanie Cole competed against each other in a playoff with only one being picked by Guy Sebastian to go through to the next round.

Soma, who before her performance said she struggles with anxiety due to "traumatic experiences" in her past, lost the playoff and was cut from the competition.

"Soma, I feel like I've unlocked something that you need to work on but you need time to work on it," Guy said to her. "But I just don't think this particular time in your life on this particular show is right for you right now."

Whereas most eliminated contestants thank the coaches and leave the stage, a visibly upset Soma hit back.

"OK, well, the thing about that is that I didn't really want to come on the show in the first place," she said to the coaches. "I was convinced to come here, to be here, to stand here and do this in front of you. And, like, it is disheartening."

She continued: "Your advice that you guys all give, it's like, is that genuine? I would just like to know, you know, what…
It cuts off after the "what" though...
Edited by Someone648
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Songs for tomorrow

Soma Sutton - The Boy Is Mine (Brandy and Monica)

vs

Stephanie Cole - Show Me Love (Robin S)

Emmagen Rain - Not Pretty Enough (Kasey Chambers)

vs

Steve Clisby - I Still Call Australia Home (Peter Allen)

Virginia Lillye - Chanderlier (Sia)

vs

Sapphire T - Breathe Me (Sia)

Chris Sebastian - 24k Magic (Bruno Mars)

vs

Lyric McFarland - Grenade (Bruno Mars)

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

Songs for tomorrow

vs

vs

vs

vs

I was typing them in and you beat me to it! :haha:

Interesting for the Stephanie/Soma battle. Looks like a 90s theme. Love both the songs!

A bit concerned for Chris with that song choice, but even in the worst case, he's undoubtedly gonna get one of Kelly's saves. Sensing the loser of Chris/Lyric and Despina will get both.

Very interesting that Kelly gave Chris 24K Magic - it's not a song which really showcases vocals but I guess it can show a different side to Chris, who we've seen doing mostly slow ballad-y type songs. 

Reading the news.com.au spoilers, it looks like the contestant is salty at losing the playoff and reacting badly.

Saying 'I didn't want to come on the show in the first place' just reflects badly on that person - even if producers scouted you, no-one forced you to say yes. Be happy that you made it this far- no-one promised you would be taken all the way to the grand final. 

58 minutes ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

Songs for tomorrow

vs

vs

vs

vs

Wow, surprised that Chris got 24k Magic, considering how the performances were shortened, I can see already this as an underwhelming performance. But Kelly loves him lmao

Lyric's song is on point, and her preview for tomorrow is sooo good.

So excited for Sapphire vs. Virginia, I love Sia, but her songs are one of the hardest to sing

• Like 1

I adore Stellar and she's my favourite this season but through her entire performance I was just on the edge of my seat because it seemed she'd fall apart any second

• Like 1

2 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Why what did she said?

I think it's about Kelly deciding not to take either artist through - though it seems the coaches agreed that both were lacking

8 hours ago, antikid said:

I adore Stellar and she's my favourite this season but through her entire performance I was just on the edge of my seat because it seemed she'd fall apart any second

I think Delta and Guy were right about her lacking the fire and being too emotional - it's actually a pretty good lesson to make Stellar realise how much she wants to stay in the competition (obviously Delta will give Stellar her wildcard). Interesting that she picks Jesse over Stellar in the playoffs but most likely will choose Stellar as her grand finalist