The Voice Australia Season 9

Teraginn

Imo, I would prefer Clarissa to Jesse, let's see, I understand that Delta take him through because for the chance of winning the show, he has more than Clarissa, but Clarissa in my opinion deserves it more, she has an incredible voice. Jesse had a very good performance, though. But Clarissa wow, she gave me chills. And Elyse omg, I prob take her through instead of Masha, but overall an amazing night. This season is wow.

Edited by CufaFanvoice26
  • Like 3

I'm not sure if it's just my eyes but did anyone save the promo for tomorrow and see what Delta was wearing? There's a far away shot of Guy and Delta standing up to applaud a contestant and it looks like she's wearing a really 'fluffy' white gown 😅  And Guy is wearing a completely pink suit? Interesting...

Yay for Jesse and Stellar :clap:. I loved Clarissa too, such a fighter, proud of her making this far. 

Masha deserved the spot too. As for Siala, she's my least favorite on Team George, but she did give good performance tonight, though I'd still swap her with Elyse/Angela.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

If we base our votes purely on social media reaction the winner is between Johnny and Siala - however I think tomorrow will be absolutely crucial. 

Voting for the winner opens straight after the semi-finals end and we have until the last grand final performance on Sunday - but most of us will have already voted before the grand final begins. If Stellar can put on a really emotional and spectacular performance tomorrow she could also have a chance. 

4 hours ago, mjdolorico said:

I usually look at the #TheVoiceAU Twitter feed before I watch the actual episode, and wow, the Aussie tweeters are BRUTAL. So much whining and complaining.

Oh yeah, Aussies are tough to please - especially on social media. The Voice franchise has yet to produce a star internationally, but I've never seen so much negativity about the show in other countries as much as Australia. 

Funnily enough a reason why we probably don't have many successful people in the arts industry is because of the Tall Poppy Syndrome - as soon as someone has the 'nerve' to become successful and famous we seem to turn on them and tear them apart. Aus is a very tough crowd!!! 😅

• Haha 1

I loved the Showdowns! 

First, Wow! Mark was definitely a shocker pick. I expected Despina or Alex alongside Chris.

Expected for Johnny and Timothy though. 

I can see both Johnny and Timothy making to the finals if they pick good song choices.

Stellar and Jesse were also expected for Delta, Clarissa was awesome though. 

Team George was so good, it was honestly the first time I took notice of Siala, not my genre but she did good. Masha has a really nice voice and it was a good performance as well. Elyse is so good as well.

Great top 8.

My prediction for final 4 is:

Timothy

Johnny

Stellar 

Siala

10 minutes ago, Theleaguan said:

My prediction for final 4 is:

Timothy

Johnny

Stellar 

Siala

It is actually 1 member per team. So only one of Tim and Johnny will be in the finale, our guess is it'd be Johnny, as he had been Guy's favorite all along, and since the coaches will pick their finalist, he'll pick him for sure.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

Johnny and Siala -

Yeah, hoping for Stellar to have that Always Remember Us This Way type of moment. I am really rooting for Stellar to win, I would've rooted for Tim also, but given that Johnny was probably a shoo-in finalist, I'll just go with the gorgeous Stellar

• Like 1

The semifinalists were exactly what I expected and what I liked too. To me, that's a great top 8, all four chairs btw. And I'm still rooting for the same top4: Johnny/Stellar/Masha/Chris, it would be epic. But I think Siala will get the spot instead of Masha. 

• Like 2

I heard Stellar singing "I know I'll get through this" in the preview, and I immediately realized that it was a part of the bridge of the song Cher, Believe. If she's singing Believe, well, I am absolutely here for it, momma.

• Like 1

Interesting bit of news - I saw on TV Tonight that all 4 grand-finalists will have an original single released tonight after the semi-finals.  

It also confirms that the grand final is pre-recorded - I'm guessing all the contestants will be singing their original songs on Sunday then! 

Perhaps 1 cover/1 original song and 1 duet with their coach? For George and Kelly's teams they will be singing with The Veronicas and Daryl Braithwaite

https://tvtonight.com.au/2020/07/no-live-finale-for-the-voice.html

1 minute ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

Next season i guess their trying to do Guy Sebastian, Delta Goodrem, Keith Urban, and Kylie Minogue

Nup it's not at all true - I seriously don't know how New Idea gets away with all these false stories! 😅 Every week they public the most random articles and this is just another one of their made-up fluff pieces. It's so funny because New Idea stories get picked up by other news sites like Daily Mail, etc. and all of a sudden people think it's credible

14 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

Interesting bit of news - I saw on TV Tonight that all 4 grand-finalists will have an original single released tonight after the semi-finals.  

It also confirms that the grand final is pre-recorded - I'm guessing all the contestants will be singing their original songs on Sunday then! 

Perhaps 1 cover/1 original song and 1 duet with their coach? For George and Kelly's teams they will be singing with The Veronicas and Daryl Braithwaite

https://tvtonight.com.au/2020/07/no-live-finale-for-the-voice.html

Excited for Delta and Stellar's duet, I'm living for it!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

http://thetango.net/2020/07/13/keith-urban-kylie-minogue-to-join-the-voice-australia-panel/

Next season i guess their trying to do Guy Sebastian, Delta Goodrem, Keith Urban, and Kylie Minogue

I hope is not true. I don't think it would be a good painel, I bet it would be boring. And I think everyone is done with Guy haha

38 minutes ago, searomordep said:

I hope is not true. I don't think it would be a good painel, I bet it would be boring. And I think everyone is done with Guy haha

lmfao yeah I came into this season with guy as my fave coach (for no real reason, I hadn't watched before), and now he's my least favorite - and that's with all the drama surrounding boy George 

11 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

It is actually 1 member per team. So only one of Tim and Johnny will be in the finale, our guess is it'd be Johnny, as he had been Guy's favorite all along, and since the coaches will pick their finalist, he'll pick him for sure.

Oh then I guess it's Chris (although hoping Mark pulls the upset), Johnny, Siala and Stellar. I don't think I like the coach being able to pick down only 1 and then the fans vote lol. But, i guess this guarantees a quality artist. 

Edited by Theleaguan