The Voice Australia Season 9

Teraginn

3 hours ago, rp3598 said:

I think delta has a clear top 2 with stellar and jesse, guy with Johnny and Timothy, and George with likely siala and Angela, but I can see Kelly’s team going in any direction with any combination but I’d bet that Chris will be there.

Sad cause Clarissa especially but also Goldi are great

8 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

Sad cause Clarissa especially but also Goldi are great

Yeah Clarissa was a surprisingly good steal!! I think finals is the time when coaches think more with their head - which of their artists will get the public vote? Rather than who did the 'best performance' in their opinion

• Sad 1

I wouldn't be so sure that Delta will pick Jesse over Clarissa. I get his appeal and their history last season and everything. However, she was very amazed by Clarissa every round and constantly says she's the best opera singer they've had. Also, Jesse and Stellar kinda seem to ride in the same lane so that's another reason why I wouldn't be surprised she picks Clarissa with Stellar to represent her in the semifinals

• Like 1

I think team Delta is the one where everyone has a chance, even Steve (a small one, but...)

Team Kelly I don't think Lyric will get a spot, but all the others have a chance too.

Team Guy, I think it's between Johnny, Timothy and Adam.

Team George, different from the majority here, I really believe Masha has a chance, and Siala and Angela too.

Edited by searomordep

My personal Delta top 2 is Jesse and Clarissa so that's the ideal situation for me and I don't think it's entirely unlikely. Just more likely that we get Stellar/Jesse instead.

Kelly's 100% taking Chris and I support that, but I hope her second spot is somehow Despina (or Lyric). Mark and Alex never grew on me.

George's team fell hard losing Clarissa and Despina and then Caleb having to drop out... I still love Siala but I'd say Angela might be the next person I like on there, so that's my wish there.

Guy's team stays average. I'd pick Matt and Johnny but I don't really care and wouldn't put either of them in the finale tbh

Songs for tonight (Team Kelly and Guy)

Alex Weybury - Drops of Jupiter (Train)

Chris Sebastian - Attention (Charlie Puth)

Despina Savva - Bellyache (Billie Eilish)

Mark Furze - Are You Gonna Go My Way (Lenny Kravitz)

Lyric McFarland - Can You Feel It (The Jacksons)

Adam Ludewig - Someone You Loved (Lewis Capaldi)

Johnny Manuel - Before I Go (Guy Sebastian)

Matt Gresham - Who Am I Now? (Original)

Stephanie Cole - You Say (Lauren Daigle)

Timothy James Bowen - The Chain (Fleetwood Mac)

Edited by Someone648

3 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Matt Gresham - Who Am I Now? (Chills)

So aside from Despina it's looking like a pretty zzzzzzzzz night for me

I like Chris and Alex but those songchoice are plain uninspired, Matt's song is kind of weird but maybe he can put his spin on it? And Timothy at least is changing things up I guess.

If Kelly doesn't take Despina through I'm personally canceling her

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Someone648 said:

I love Tim's song and excited for him ❣️. But other than that, meh, I more look forward to Delta and George's Showdown tomorrow night.

• Like 2

looking forward to Despina and lyric, as well as Johnny and low-key Stephanie. I know Stephanie is kinda generic but I like her voice!

I would take through Despina and lyric if it were my choice, but I would be surprised if Kelly didn't take through Despina and Chris -> Chris to finals.

I would take through Johnny and Stephanie I think cause I don't like Theo there three, but I think that Adam and Johnny will go through -> Johnny to finals.

Matt Gresham - Who Am I Now? (Original)

Slight modifications to my predictions based on song choices:

Kelly:

-With that song choice, they don't want Lyric going any further. She's not gonna be one of Kelly's picks.

-Mark got an okay song choice for his style, but I don't know whether that signals that they want him as one of Kelly's picks or not.

-Despina got an interesting song as well. I don't think that they expect that song to pull a lot of support in her direction, but it's something that I think she can perform well. I think if there's an upset tonight, it could be Despina doing very well but still being eliminated in favor of an average performer.

-Chris and Alex got annoying/bland song choices - but that could work well in their favor. I don't see Chris tanking and he already has enough support from everyone that it would be surprising to see him not go through. For Alex, he's made it through doing moderately okay flips on pop tracks, so this might be the only time we'll see him do a song as close to the original as it could be. It seems very much in Alex's comfort zone. Whether or not that works out for him is up in the air, but knowing that Kelly loves Alex and keeps providing him with a lot of praise, I'd give him a strong chance for the second spot.

Prediction: Chris (100%); Alex (50%), Mark (30%), Despina (20%) for that second spot.

Edit: Matt's is likely an original; not a cover:

Guy:

-I think they gave Stephanie a song in the hopes of giving her a "moment" that she can't ultimately reach. I don't see her being one of the picks unless she does something completely show stopping and everyone else flops.

-I don't know Johnny's song or Matt's original well enough to decide, but they're my 2 original predictions. Johnny can probably nail whatever and Guy did give him his own song so I assume there's some interest there. As for Matt, allowing him to perform an original is some clear favoritism and they'll need some drama tonight so I feel he'll be a likely candidate to go through.

-TJB singing The Chain is unexpected and I don't know how that's gonna work out for him. He's still definitely in the running.

-Adam's song is overdone and I don't know how he'll manage, but I don't think Guy's preferences lie with the adults rather than the teen.

Prediction: Johnny (100%); Matt (50%), TJB (40%), Adam (6%), Stephanie (4%)

Here's Matt's original

Edited by Someone648

The performances for tonight are all on Spotify.

I'll choose Mark Furze and Lyric McFarland  as the top 2 for Team Kelly, but both performances are just so passable.

Despina Savva has one of the most interesting tone this season but not captivating enough here in this song choice.

TEAM Guy has  much stronger  ones. They all sound good.

For the final 2, Johnny and, to my surprise, Stephanie (or Matt).

1 minute ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Kelly- Chris and Mark/Despina

Guy- Tim and Johnny

Absolutely - the coaches have more or less chosen their Top 2 regardless of performances tonight - as long as they don't completely bomb I'm sure it'll be Tim, Johnny and Chris - Mark is so good but I wonder if Kelly will have enough faith to choose a rocker through to the semis

I have to say the first 2 performances Matt and Tim weren't as powerful as I thought they would be - I think one of Tim's own songs would have been a better choice. I can see Guy taking him through to the semi-finals but not his top pick for the grand finals

14 minutes ago, Rach88 said:

Absolutely - the coaches have more or less chosen their Top 2 regardless of performances tonight - as long as they don't completely bomb I'm sure it'll be Tim, Johnny and Chris - Mark is so good but I wonder if Kelly will have enough faith to choose a rocker through to the semis

Mark's performance was kind of fire tonight, perfect song choice for him, though the ending should've been more controlled, but I just love it. Rock's not my type of genre but Mark keeps on delivering good performances. But I hope for Despina to surprise us tonight 😬

Guy was right about Tim though, I would've love more stage presence for him, it's like he's stuck at one place every time he performs

Edited by anonymouskid_35

1 minute ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Matt's song was soo good. I love Tim, but I prefer Matt tonight, I would download that if only I can!

Absolutely!! Johnny's a shoo-in and Guy will choose between Matt and Tim - based purely on tonight I would pick Matt but Tim is probably the better voice with his unique tone

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Pretty sure it'll be:

Kelly- Chris and Mark/Despina

Guy- Tim and Johnny

NVM I bet it'd be Mark, I think? Despina's performance tonight was kind of safe, was kinda expecting more from her