The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Just catching up with the list. By the looks of it this will be a great season. Some things that caught my attention was Gwen not turning for someone that sung reggae, Blake missing out on two blocks, and the low numbers of 4 chair turns (All are females as well, and by the looks of it ,all well deserved)

Liam St John has been a favorite of mine since I saw last season´s list, and being that Team Gwen is the weakest by the looks of it, I could see him standing out and having a Taylor John Williams- esque journey with her.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VintageVoice said:

Not since, like, CeeLo (and even then he could usually get at least one or two three-chairs). 

I think Lain Roy was a three chair turn (and Blake’s team was full). But there was a lot going on with kelly that audition 

6 minutes ago, seak05 said:

I think Lain Roy was a three chair turn (and Blake’s team was full). But there was a lot going on with kelly that audition 

Lain's listed as a two-chair on here (just John and Gwen) but feel free to elaborate on the Kelly end of things if you want/can.

Edited by VintageVoice
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, antikid said:

What happened? Can you share?

I didn’t see it, so this is second hand. Basically she broke down crying, didn’t pitch, and then went to the back afterwards. That was also then the last audition of the session

• Thanks 1

Taryn Papa is a good country singer with lots of performing experience. We’ll see how minivan takes to her. She’s probably pushing 30 years old, so she’ll need to be on Blake’s team to have any shot. I’m not sure there’s anything unique about her, but she should be able to handle live performances just fine. She sounds a little like Carrie. 

Edited by TeamAudra

10 minutes ago, moonlighty said:

Wow. Does anyone have an idea of why that happened or somenthing?

Could maybe be because that song remined her of Brandon? I don´t know, just speculating, since Kelly is a really emotional person, and that may have had some meaning. Or the audition could have just moved her that much.

11 minutes ago, moonlighty said:

Wow. Does anyone have an idea of why that happened or somenthing?

I mean, she's got a lot on her plate and she's naturally an emotionally expressive person to begin with - plus the song being about a breakup as she's mid-divorce certainly makes things resonate differently.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, antikid said:

What happened? Can you share?

I'm gonna add info about specific blinds a bit later that I was told, but for that particular one, the sources said that Kelly was crying behind her chair during the performance and she couldn't say anything about the performance once he was done. Then after they were done/he picked the coach, she walked off the stage. Clearly the song hit her hard.

• Like 7

This might be a weird question, but what do you guys think they are gonna do for the applause after the performances? I was thinking it would sound kinda weird without it but they don’t have an audience, and I doubt they will use the audio from the people in the virtual audience

18 minutes ago, Dov said:

This might be a weird question, but what do you guys think they are gonna do for the applause after the performances? I was thinking it would sound kinda weird without it but they don’t have an audience, and I doubt they will use the audio from the people in the virtual audience

I think they will do something like this (skip to the last 5 seconds if you want, or just watch the entire thing because it's good :lmao:

18 minutes ago, Dov said:

They apparently recorded a lot of applause from the audience. I think they expect to show a lot of the clapping in general to make up for the lack of people in the room.

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Taryn Papa is a good country singer with lots of performing experience. We’ll see how minivan takes to her. She’s probably pushing 30 years old, so she’ll need to be on Blake’s team to have any shot. I’m not sure there’s anything unique about her, but she should be able to handle live performances just fine. She sounds a little like Carrie. 

And she is on Blake’s team. I missed the 2nd part of the spoilers. If Blake wants her to go far, she probably will. That’s what it always comes down to with his team. 

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

And she is on Blake’s team. I missed the 2nd part of the spoilers. If Blake wants her to go far, she probably will. That’s what it always comes down to with his team. 

I don't know how strong she is because I haven't listened to her, but I would guess that even if she is pretty strong, Blake might be willing to go w/ a non-country singer for the finale/semifinals because there were two country wins in a row, and TV is likely going to push for a non-country win. If this is true, I think Blake will push for someone else (although it's been several seasons since we had a female country singer that has gone far). 

2 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

I don't know how strong she is because I haven't listened to her, but I would guess that even if she is pretty strong, Blake might be willing to go w/ a non-country singer for the finale/semifinals because there were two country wins in a row, and TV is likely going to push for a non-country win. If this is true, I think Blake will push for someone else (although it's been several seasons since we had a female country singer that has gone far). 

She’s pretty strong. But, as always, it will come down to what Blake wants. 

• Like 1