The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

The things that I like in a contestant are... 

1. They aren’t a creep. 
2. They appreciate the Voice and believe that it will grant them a beautiful life. 
3. They know that this will be an important chapter in the story of their life.

Let’s hope some of these contestants live up to my wishes. 😅

Edited by Bk1234
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, realityshownerd said:

Are the auditions virtual or studio?

The only virtual element for Blinds is the audience. The contestants and coaches could see the audience, but I don't know if they could hear them, must likely not. Audio and video was recorded of each audience member while they were watching so the audience sounds you'll hear on TV were really in response to the particular performance that was happening.

They used a minimal amount of crew to shoot the show and all the crew were wearing masks. There was obviously some social distancing measures going on as well. The warm up guy mentioned how closed down the Universal lot still is, the only productions filming on the lot that week was The Voice and Saved By the Bell. It must have felt like a ghost town.

Edited by rhapsody99
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

The things that I like in a contestant are... 

1. They aren’t a creep. 
2. They appreciate the Voice and believe that it will grant them a beautiful life. 
3. They know that this will be an important chapter in the story of their life.

Let’s hope some of these contestants live up to my wishes. 😅

I can't really tell if this is a joke or not

1) is definitely a great thing to look for, but why would simply going on the Voice grant them a beautiful life lol? like simply existing in some event doesn't do anything; they have to work hard to achieve something. Plus, for a lot of people The Voice isn't an important chapter in their life, so I don't see why you expect that.

I'm sure you'll find someone though

Edited by ashwinner
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

1) is definitely a great thing to look for, but why would simply going on the Voice grant them a beautiful life lol? like simply existing in some event doesn't do anything; they have to work hard to achieve something. Plus, for a lot of people The Voice isn't an important chapter in their life, so I don't see why you expect that.

I completely understand your points. My post was just something more... 🙂

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, mjdolorico said:

Artist #1 - Faye Moffett Instagram | YouTube - confirmed no chair.

Artist #2 - Eli Zamora Instagram | YouTube - from La Voz Mexico

Artist #3 - Jessica Manalo Instagram | YouTube - not yet seen at a taping. It is worth noting that she is seen flying on a plane back home recently.

Artist #4 - Payge Turner Instagram | YouTube

Artist #5 - Sam Stacy Instagram | YouTube

Artist #6 - John Holiday Instagram | YouTube

Artist #7 - Julia Cooper Instagram | YouTube

Artist #8 - Sid Kingsley Instagram | YouTube

Artist #9 - Lauren Frihauf Instagram | YouTube

Artist #10 - Tamara Jade Instagram | YouTube

Artist #11 - Jim Ranger Instagram | YouTube - from AIS9

Guessing game for the ten who were released and may have made the show (assuming that they all make it):

Eli - Kelly's a sucker for Latin singers but John did pretty okay with Mandi C., so I can see him with either of those two.

Jessica - Not 100% sure, indie-soul does feel very John-like but Gwen/Kelly might be on the table.

Payge - Gwen vibes all the way down.

Sam - Could go a number of different ways, I'm feeling Gwen but Kelly or Blake also seem plausible.

John - Crossing my fingers for a Kelly match with him, but John-the-coach is also not out of the realm of possibility (though he could shock everyone and go elsewhere).

Julia - There's a lot of character there which will likely intrigue Gwen and John, though I feel like if Blake turns there's a good shot she'll go with Blake (idk why though).

Sid - Blake. Read through the titles of his YouTube covers and my brain immediately went "Blake" lol. If he plays piano for his audition, John may turn and same with Gwen but Kelly might not given she might assume they'll pick John.

Lauren - Indie with a rock edge seems like it will get a Blake turn, with Gwen also being a strong possibility. 

Tamara - I have zero idea, since everyone but John has worked with similar artists but if she's where John chose to use his block then she might choose him.

Jim - Blake. Pastor? Check. Sang CCM for one of the sample tracks on here? Check. American Idol alum? Check. If Blake doesn't turn or gets blocked, Kelly seems likely.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

I agree that The Voice won't "grant someone a beautiful life", but I see where @Bk1234 is coming from. I think contestants should take their appearance on this popular nationwide TV show seriously and put their best foot forward.

Also, to say that the show does zero effect on a contestant's career is just patently untrue. Plenty of people had opportunities and jobs come up because of the show. But yeah, we need to temper expectations and realize these things don't happen overnight. Work still needs to be put in.

OT, but I just think people put too much stock on social media success these days as as a way of gauging someone's music career trajectory. It's one thing to follow someone on IG, but it's another thing to actually a pay a ticket to see a show, or even play someone's song on Spotify. 

• Like 1

Just now, mjdolorico said:

I agree that The Voice won't "grant someone a beautiful life", but I see where @Bk1234 is coming from. I think contestants should take their appearance on this popular nationwide TV show seriously and put their best foot forward.

Also, to say that the show does zero effect on a contestant's career is just patently untrue. Plenty of people had opportunities and jobs come up because of the show. But yeah, we need to temper expectations and realize these things don't happen overnight. Work still needs to be put in.

OT, but I just think people put too much stock on social media success these days as as a way of gauging someone's music career trajectory. It's one thing to follow someone on IG, but it's another thing to actually a pay a ticket to see a show, or even play someone's song on Spotify. 

I agree that for most people, The Voice has a positive impact, cause they're getting paid to get exposure.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

This is so true! Whenever I see people get angry because a favorite contest got eliminated I always think... “Will you support the contestant in the future by going to concerts or listening on Spotify or will you just forget about them?” In terms of social media, a lot of people blow up on social media because of a cover, but never go on to do anything in the music industry. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

Appearance on the show is a big deal given it's a public-access network primetime slot, so millions of people will watch you; taking it seriously will help artists get a career boost if they're willing to put the work in to capitalize on the opportunities after the show.

On the flip side, the evolution of the music industry since AI's first few seasons (the Kelly Clarkson/Jennifer Hudson/Carrie Underwood days) and rapid reliance on digital delivery of music in conjunction with the rise of easily accessible platforms like YouTube and Soundcloud/Spotify for sharing an artist's work means that there's now way more ways than ever before to become a big shot in the industry beyond having to have a record deal - while a label can be helpful with publicity and navigating the industry, artists like Billie Eilish, Shawn Mendes, Charlie Puth, and Ella Mai all got their starts online and had varying levels of independent success before they got signed (and all but Billie have now gone on to be mentors on the show). That said, the last point about the difference between following and supporting artists is a big one that people forget.

In any case, the crop of artists which the whole thread has access to seems diverse and like there should be something for everyone. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I saw that too, so who knows. We’ll find out soon if Someone648 has a spoiler on her. 

Do we know when they’re filming battles?

The warm up guys said battle tapings are being done next month, but he didn't know the exact date. Kelly has tapings scheduled for her talk show for the first three days in September so it has to be sometime after that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rhapsody99 said:

The warm up guys said battle tapings are being done next month, but he didn't know the exact date. Kelly has tapings scheduled for her talk show for the first three days in September so it has to be sometime after that.

Oh so they probably are gonna get sent home? Idk

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rhapsody99 said:

Wow, they can’t possibly make them isolate for another month, or longer if they make the KO, can they? That’s crazy. There are people still in the hotel room. Here’s a thought...perhaps teams are filming at different times, to help with social distancing? I’m just throwing it out as a possibility. They have lots of time. Battles won’t air until November. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Wow, they can’t possibly make them isolate for another month, or longer if they make the KO, can they? That’s crazy. There are people still in the hotel room. Here’s a thought...perhaps teams are filming at different times, to help with social distancing? They have lots of time. Battles won’t air until November. 

that's a very smart idea actually! I hope that they are taking precautions, and this seems like a great way to deal w/ it. 

• Like 1

And if they truly are keeping them there for that long, it’s not difficult to figure out why there aren’t any minors in the spoilers so far. There could even be COVID liability concerns around that. Grace is the youngest one I’m aware of, and she’s 20. Having said that, we still don’t have the full list. 🤨

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

And if they truly are keeping them there for that long, it’s not difficult to figure out why there aren’t any minors in the spoilers so far. There could even be COVID liability concerns around that. Grace is the youngest one I’m aware of, and she’s 20. Having said that, we still don’t have the full list. 🤨

Yep. I'd imagine parents will not be comfortable risking themselves and their children by flying out to LA for the slim chance of maybe getting a chair turn. That being said, there are some minors popping up in our suspects list over the past week. And we already know at least 2 minors who turned a chair: Lauren Frihauf, who is 16, is one of them.

Edited by mjdolorico
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

Yep. I'd imagine parents will not be comfortable risking themselves and their children by flying out to LA for the slim chance of maybe getting a chair turn. That being said, there are some minors popping up in our suspects list over the past week. And we already know at least 2 minorswho turned a chair: Lauren Frihauf, who is 16, is one of them.

Lauren is 16? Never mind, then. I thought she was older. Don’t know who the other one is. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

Yep. I'd imagine parents will not be comfortable risking themselves and their children by flying out to LA for the slim chance of maybe getting a chair turn. That being said, there are some minors popping up in our suspects list over the past week. And we already know at least 2 minors who turned a chair: Lauren Frihauf, who is 16, is one of them.

Yayyy Lauren turned a chair!

i really can’t wait for tmr with these spoilers

5 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Yayyy Lauren turned a chair!

i really can’t wait for tmr with these spoilers

I think I already said on my post that everyone on the blind spoilers except Faye (no chair) and Jessica (result unknown) turned a chair.

Edited by mjdolorico

17 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

I thought Lauren was like my age-ish (early 20s) lmao whoops - good for her though.