The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Lowkey think they bussed not in favor of Madeline herself, who has virtually no chance at getting past the playoffs (unless Kelly saves her), but rather so that Desz would have less competition.

Not to mention they gave her that song, and made her perform when there were no steals left. The montage would be the final nail in the coffin. We´ll find out Monday how ruthless TPTB can be.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Kelsie: exists and gives one of the strongest auditions of the season

TPTB:

eric cartman running GIF by South Park

6 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Lowkey think they bussed not in favor of Madeline herself, who has virtually no chance at getting past the playoffs (unless Kelly saves her), but rather so that Desz would have less competition.

Not to mention they gave her that song, and made her perform when there were no steals left. The montage would be the final nail in the coffin. We´ll find out Monday how ruthless TPTB can be.

i think this is the most plausible explanation. to me, the one thing that sticks out is that desz is part of an archetype that consistently does well on the show, while pure pop hasn't made it far for a while (unless you happen to be a teenage girl). in cases like these, people often point to the artist perhaps being hard to work with, but the comments about "kelsie being so good about losing" makes me think otherwise. this is very interesting... we will have to see what goes on w the KOs tomorrow ig

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ashwinner said:

people often point to the artist perhaps being hard to work with, but the comments about "kelsie being so good about losing" makes me think otherwise.

Kelly also said that Kelsie was such a good student in today’s pairings video. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, seak05 said:

Yeah, if they double montage her, I do start to wonder if she did something to piss off the producers. 

i'd be surprised - given that kelsie and marisa both got out in the KOs, perhaps they just wanted to remove strong competitors to desz as misirlou said above. tanner and madeline are strong competitors but they (esp. tanner) can appease minivan while also not stealing votes from desz. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Adam was terrible to her. He gave her Cry by Faith Hill, which is hard enough for ADULTS to sing... 😒 Definitely one of my least favorite coaches in the Voice history. 

Seriously.  I feel very sorry for those who actually love and miss the guy.  (Sorry, anonymous.)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Daillon said:

I still think they will montage Kelsie and Madeline. Joseph is a battle steal and they don’t usually montage those in the KOs.

Usually true, but Jordyn Simone says hi.  Granted, that was a VERY rare exception, and not the rule, but still . . . it's happened.

5 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

I noticed Kelsie didn't talk about her song choice in the vídeo. Kelly was the one that talked about it. So i think they are montaging her and Madeline and people is gonna hate Kelly for no reason.

James wasn't shown talking about his song choice, either.  I think that Joseph vs. Van and Ian vs. James will be aired, though, since both have Battle steals in their pairings, while Kelsie vs. Madeline has two original Team Kelly members competing.

9 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

i think that it's fair to miss the good, whether or not there was bad as well. advocating to get him back, however, i wouldn't agree with imo.

. . . There was good?

HA!  Tell me another one!🤣🤣🤣🤣

I thought about the possibility of bussing Kelsie as a way to clear Desz’s path, but I don’t think she would have been much of a threat imo, which makes it even more pointless. Leaning towards some BTS stuff going on, but we will never know.

6 minutes ago, Daillon said:

I don’t like Adam (at all) but I have to admit he killed it with Matt and Addison’s song choices. So that should count for something

yes! addison was great w her song choices. also, before his apathy began, he was pretty funny and his interactions w blake were great.

Edited by ashwinner
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Daillon said:

I don’t like Adam (at all) but I have to admit he killed it with Matt and Addison’s song choices. So that should count for something

Might I add, Christina Grimmie.

I know many hate Adam, and I am not asking for him to come back, atleast now I am not anymore because I do get it where y'all coming from (see unpop thread for this). I am just saying I missed his connection with Blake, but that was like the season where Kelly is still not on the show. And I love him as a person, I am a fan.

WE ALL HAVE OUR OWN OPINION. Okay? Just respect lmao

• Like 1

Unfortunately for Kelsie she received the same treatment on American Idol. Her audition wasn’t shown, and she was only shown in the group round. Everything else was montaged, even her getting cut right before the live shows. Exact same thing seems to be happening here. Poor girl is just trying to get her name out there and can’t get any air time!

Might I also add that Kelsie is from a very religious family. Her dad is a pastor. She would never pick You Oughta Know for her knockout. It’s just so out of character for her.

Edited by voicelover
  • Like 1

Adam was over the show by the end, and so it was good he left. But for many years, he helped make the show what it was..and that's also true. 

Anyways, on a friends live, Taryn said she was doing something voice related tonight, and it was very cool 

• Like 1

I loved Kelsie's audition AND I do love Alanis very much. However, Alanis is such a deathtrap in singing competitions. I never seem anyone recover after singing one of her songs. 

Which brings me to a random thought: Faith Hill is usually a killer too. Does anyone have any memories of a competitor in singing competitions who presented positive results after a Faith Hill song?

12 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

I loved Kelsie's audition AND I do love Alanis very much. However, Alanis is such a deathtrap in singing competitions. I never seem anyone recover after singing one of her songs. 

Which brings me to a random thought: Faith Hill is usually a killer too. Does anyone have any memories of a competitor in singing competitions who presented positive results after a Faith Hill song?

Well if closing the show singing "Cry" in the finals, getting an iTunes bonus for it and taking home the trophy the next day counts as positive results....then yes.  Cassadee Pope in S3. 🙂

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

When it comes to Alanis, Kat Robichaud nailed it in her KO, but that was pretty much her comfort zone, so it was expected. Surprisingly, Betsy Ade, another rocker, struggled mightily with it. If that happened, imagine a pop singer trying to nail it, come on. Kelsie needs to sing some Demi Lovato, Christina, I don´t know, something that showcases her voice and insane range she has.

As for Faith Hill, yes, she´s a killer in singing competitions. Her and Carrie. The only succesful attempt at doing Faith so far was Cassadee with "Cry"; and honestly, while it was decent, it wasn´t really that good. Reagan and Rebecca Howell were victims of the Faith curse.

I´m waiting to hear Taryn. If she did nail it, respect.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Confused 1