The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Cami vs. John

-Based on the "spooky" "dark" description that a source gave, I think it's fair to assume she did the Annie Lennox version?

-Everyone loved it, the coaches loved it, Kelly implied she'd steal.

-One source described it as the "best knockout pairing they'd ever seen"

-John nailed his performance. 

-Literally just positive stuff for both so I'll just end it here.

This is what the sources said about them, and at simple viewing I would just expect the KO to be like that, but we´ve found out that hype only leads to disappointment so.

18 minutes ago, Daillon said:

That’s my only issue with her cover, but I don’t think it will be a problem in the actual performance. The performance will be shorter than her YT cover + I could see Cami changing it up to fit The Voice standards (when it comes to the usual “big notes at the end”)

I’m less optimistic about John’s performance honestly. I personally hate the song he’s performing (mostly because I’m sick of it) plus he might get screechy in the climax, which might turn some people off.

She has to change it up, because she was much more subdued in this song that in her battle, and "I Put a Spell on You" is about a sick obsession, you have to go crazy with that song. 

As for John, I´m not a huge fan of the song either, but we´ll see what happens. If he did nail it, hopefully he managed to not go so hard with his higher register.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

Woah... can someone tell me what’s going on with the Marisa being rude story?

She wasn’t even rude. Idk what others are saying but I was there and she just just felt like she deserved to win (as she should) she didn’t say that but that was the vibe I don’t think she didn’t anything bad even the other coaches faces where bothered by Kelly’s decision 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Cami vs. John

-Based on the "spooky" "dark" description that a source gave, I think it's fair to assume she did the Annie Lennox version?

-Everyone loved it, the coaches loved it, Kelly implied she'd steal.

-One source described it as the "best knockout pairing they'd ever seen"

-John nailed his performance. 

-Literally just positive stuff for both so I'll just end it here.

This is what the sources said about them, and at simple viewing I would just expect the KO to be like that, but we´ve found out that hype only leads to disappointment so.

She has to change it up, because she was much more subdued in this song that in her battle, and "I Put a Spell on You" is about a sick obsession, you have to go crazy with that song. 

As for John, I´m not a huge fan of the song either, but we´ll see what happens. If he did nail it, hopefully he managed to not go so hard with his higher register.

Uhh I said this before but Cami was underwhelming she sounded like she was trying to hit a note but she shied away and didn’t go for it. Very interesting to watch but boring to listen to

1 minute ago, Angelbright said:

Uhh I said this before but Cami was underwhelming she sounded like she was trying to hit a note but she shied away and didn’t go for it. Very interesting to watch but boring to listen to

interesting. the vibe i got from her is someone who uses their head voice and softer chest voice most often, not going for huge notes a lot, so i guess that kind of makes sense. i think it comes down the tonal preference; i love her tone so i love to listen to her whether there are big notes or not. i know there will be plenty who feel like the performance was missing something if she didn't hit that note, so i guess i will start preparing for the worst in POs 😭

i honestly didn't expect that cami would go out in the POs but i should start preparing given how stacked kelly's team is :(

6 minutes ago, Angelbright said:

She wasn’t even rude. Idk what others are saying but I was there and she just just felt like she deserved to win (as she should) she didn’t say that but that was the vibe I don’t think she didn’t anything bad even the other coaches faces where bothered by Kelly’s decision 

Maybe because of behind the cameras? We never know how she works with the others or something. I don't hate her (in fact I am really impressed on both of her performances so far, I just really prefer Kelsie over her) but I can get that bad vibe or whatever it is from her, maybe because she is too much at times (not on her singing) and those types of personalities are not for all, sadly.

19 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

although i can agree that chloe >>>>> carter, i honestly don't see a world where a black non-country non-powerhouse singer makes it to the finale on the show. meanwhile, carter has a chance at going far. moreover, since steals are often decided beforehand, she probably expected that john would save chloe, so she wasn't just dropping her for no reason? that's just my thoughts on the topic 🙂

If Gwen didn't have Payge, i believe she would have saved Chole, but once she saw John would steal her, she let her go.  I don't know if they are going to show it, but Gwen flew out of her chair to tell Chloe a message and was the only time I thought Gwen was going up on stage.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

honestly didn't expect that cami would go out in the POs but i should start preparing given how stacked kelly's team is :(

Yeah, honestly, if I weren't in this forum or if I have not heard of the spoilers or something, I would have thought she might be a frontrunner, just based on the love she received during the blinds. But.. well, it is what it is. Whatever happens, I will support her in her career, I hope all of her fans rn in this forum will do too! 😍

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Whatever happens, I will support her in her career, I hope all of her fans rn in this forum will do too! 😍

I will definitely support! Speaking of supporting S19 contestants, I can’t wait for Kelsie’s new single that she might have accidentally announced (the Twitter post is now deleted.) :giggle:

Edited by Bk1234
  • Thanks 1

I really don't understand all the TPTB hate towards Kelsie. Her audition was one of my favorites this season and I was eager to see her trajectory along the show. She's a very good singer, she seems nice... I really can't wrap my head around it. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

I really don't understand all the TPTB hate towards Kelsie. Her audition was one of my favorites this season and I was eager to see her trajectory along the show. She's a very good singer, she seems nice... I really can't wrap my head around it. 

It happens every season in one way or another, so it’s honestly nothing new (it doesn’t make it less disappointing tho)

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, MateusSa said:

I am believe that by the order in the video of tonight performances Kelsie/Madeline will be the montage

I gonna be so mad if Kelsie gets another montage

So Kelsie might get the Josette Diaz/Calvin Lockett treatment?  Only shown in full in the Blinds (which I'm positive that Josette only got because she was the final chair-turner), but montaged through the Battles and Knockouts?  Lame.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Angelbright said:

Chloe singing say something in the playoffs 😍

ughhh we NEED chloe to snatch that pv/cs over john or tamara. most likely it will be john - pv, and someone else - cs, and im really really really hoping it'll be chloe, but i can't see it happening. hopefully if she shocks everyone a ton w her PO song she can snag CS (its a long shot, but imma hope for it)

• Like 1