The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

10 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

I loved Kelsie's audition AND I do love Alanis very much. However, Alanis is such a deathtrap in singing competitions. I never seem anyone recover after singing one of her songs. 

Which brings me to a random thought: Faith Hill is usually a killer too. Does anyone have any memories of a competitor in singing competitions who presented positive results after a Faith Hill song?

Cassadee Pope, winner of Season 3. Won after singing "Cry" in the finale.

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

When it comes to Alanis, Kat Robichaud nailed it in her KO, but that was pretty much her comfort zone, so it was expected. Surprisingly, Betsy Ade, another rocker, struggled mightily with it. If that happened, imagine a pop singer trying to nail it, come on. Kelsie needs to sing some Demi Lovato, Christina, I don´t know, something that showcases her voice and insane range she has.

As for Faith Hill, yes, she´s a killer in singing competitions. Her and Carrie. The only succesful attempt at doing Faith so far was Cassadee with "Cry"; and honestly, while it was decent, it wasn´t really that good. Reagan and Rebecca Howell were victims of the Faith curse.

It’s not a “Faith Curse.” Those two just didn’t have the vocal talent to pull it off, and should have chosen a different song. 

• Like 4

I wasn't on IDF for Season 5, but how was E.G. Daily's audition received? I mean it's certainly mostly interesting for her actual voice and pre-Voice fame, but I remember it as one of my favorite blinds from that season. I imagine it was somewhat polarizing?

2 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

I wasn't on IDF for Season 5, but how was E.G. Daily's audition received? I mean it's certainly mostly interesting for her actual voice and pre-Voice fame, but I remember it as one of my favorite blinds from that season. I imagine it was somewhat polarizing?

I didn’t watch that season, but I just watched it now. There were some good parts, and some not so good parts. 

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

It’s not a “Faith Curse.” Those two just didn’t have the vocal talent to pull it off, and should have chosen a different song. 

Yep....and neither is Carrie.  Danielle crushed two Carrie tunes in her S4 run.   The ego that tells you "I can sing Carrie or Faith" will not help.  You gotta have the pipes.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

I remember calling her the cartoon lady because if I can remember, she was the one that voices over for a cartoon character?? 🤣

Her voice is very polarizing, and I for one did not liked her during the show, but she's decent at times for me

1 minute ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

I remember calling her the cartoon lady because if I can remember, she was the one that voices over for a cartoon character?? 🤣

Her voice is very polarizing, and I for one did not liked her during the show, but she's decent at times for me

She's Tommy Pickles in Rugrats and Buttercup from the Powerpuff Girls 🙂

I can't watch the audition without thinking of Tommy singing it lol

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ashwinner said:

i think this is the most plausible explanation. to me, the one thing that sticks out is that desz is part of an archetype that consistently does well on the show, while pure pop hasn't made it far for a while (unless you happen to be a teenage girl). in cases like these, people often point to the artist perhaps being hard to work with, but the comments about "kelsie being so good about losing" makes me think otherwise. this is very interesting... we will have to see what goes on w the KOs tomorrow ig

So if this is in some way fashioned to reduce the competition on Team Kelly for DeSz, I hope that Ryan will not be invited on that bus.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, guyhelios said:

So if this is in some way fashioned to reduce the competition on Team Kelly for DeSz, I hope that Ryan will not be invited on that bus.

I hope so. Apparently he did great in the KO and Minivan loves him, but I hope they don´t throw him a curveball.

8 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I hope so. Apparently he did great in the KO and Minivan loves him, but I hope they don´t throw him a curveball.

Minivan REALLY loves him. Just a simple scroll through youtube comments AND facebook will show basically a weird Venn Diagram of people who are drooling over him, merged with people shipping him and Kelly (which I believe the producers are going after that storyline, considering they included Kelly commenting on how sexy he was), meanwhile a total of maybe 95% of the ones who believe he won over Marisa and a 5% outside of the diagram who supports Kelly's decision of crowning Marisa the winner. 

If he gets bussed, I'll be really curious to see the direction TPTB will take. 

3 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

Minivan REALLY loves him. Just a simple scroll through youtube comments AND facebook will show basically a weird Venn Diagram of people who are drooling over him, merged with people shipping him and Kelly (which I believe the producers are going after that storyline, considering they included Kelly commenting on how sexy he was), meanwhile a total of maybe 95% of the ones who believe he won over Marisa and a 5% outside of the diagram who supports Kelly's decision of crowning Marisa the winner. 

If he gets bussed, I'll be really curious to see the direction TPTB will take. 

If he wins the KO and gets the PV, that´s the winner right there.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

The funny thing is that Ryan said himself that he believes Marisa deserved to win the battle. 😅

I am a fan of Ryan, but I'm part of this 5% actually.  I had high hopes for him singing I Surrender and he didn't delievered at all. It could have been one of my favorite battles ever, but he really was weak. 

Edited by SNI2
  • Like 1

How do I put this: 

the producers of the show did not start yesterday. If they were looking to weaken (bus) Kelly’s team to help Desz advance.....they would not have started with Kelsie (nor would she have been second or third). 

Some of you all need to recalibrate your tinfoil hats 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

people shipping him and Kelly (which I believe the producers are going after that storyline, considering they included Kelly commenting on how sexy he was)

This is ain't happening, I know it's all cute and giggles on the internet but imagine the disrespect, Kelly is going through a divorce for God's sake

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

She's Tommy Pickles in Rugrats and Buttercup from the Powerpuff Girls 🙂

I can't watch the audition without thinking of Tommy singing it lol

That's funny.  I heard Buttercup more than I did Tommy.😝

3 minutes ago, antikid said:

This is ain't happening, I know it's all cute and giggles on the internet but imagine the disrespect, Kelly is going through a divorce for God's sake

Yeah, if something like that gets pushed, Kelly is not going to be happy. Plus I don´t know if Ryan has a gf or not, but if he has, that would be disrespectful to them as well.

Not gonna lie, while i don't understand how people think that Ryan won his battle (like, it's just doesn't make any sense to me how people really think that), i think he can give a really good performance in the 4WKO with his song choice. And if he manages to give an actually great performance (apparently he did it, according to the sources) wins the 4WKO and keep that level for the rest of the season, i won't be mad if he gets the victory . In fact, it will be very satisfactory watch Kelly wins with a non-teen, non -country singer, (and will be great watch her surpassing Adam in wins 😁)

I don't want people shipping them even more after their duet, though. Please don't , it's just sickening, specially considering what Kelly is living right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

Reagan and Rebecca Howell were victims of the Faith curse.

Anna Catherine DeHart, too.  Andrea Thomas wasn't great, either, but I still thought that she did better than Anna Catherine, Reagan, and Rebecca.

Since everyone is still talking about it here are my two cents. Marisa vocally slayed Ryan and those are just facts. It's unclear if they didn't come to an agreement on how to approach the song or Ryan just couldn't give it that day. The arrangement heavily favored Marisa. He was, in a way, glorified background singer. This is also coming from someone who really liked Ryan's audition and didn't really care for Marisa. I get Marisa just may not be your cup of tea and I'd much rather see what Ryan has to offer in the future but I truly don't see a world in which he won the battle

• Like 11

I mean, it´s just personal preference. Strictly vocally speaking, yes, Marisa took the lead on that battle and was the guiding force. But I enjoyed listening to Ryan more there. His tone is gorgeous and I loved his calm approach to the song. That´s why I think he won.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, antikid said:

Since everyone is still talking about it here are my two cents. Marisa vocally slayed Ryan and those are just facts. It's unclear if they didn't come to an agreement on how to approach the song or Ryan just couldn't give it that day. The arrangement heavily favored Marisa. He was, in a way, glorified background singer. This is also coming from someone who really liked Ryan's audition and didn't really care for Marisa. I get Marisa just may not be your cup of tea and I'd much rather see what Ryan has to offer in the future but I truly don't see a world in which he won the battle

I'll be the bitch here and state that Kelly Clarkson slayed both of them during the 2000's while sick with laryngitis, though. 

• Haha 1