The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

19 hours ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

I’m really hoping this season turns out to be as good as season 13. Like with the battles and knockouts and With the results and steals of each coach! I’m praying LMFAOO that the battles exceed my expectations and KOs.

S13 is the last season I enjoyed. Chloe, our rock diva's win is the cherry on top. Hoping this season surprise us. I hope eclectic singers like Cami and Payge rise above the country singers. I really liked WTW audition though.

Edited by starkguy

26 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

no matter what idf does and no matter what the artists do, idf will be disappointed. we had some pretty incredibly BAs (taryn, desz, cami, john, james, julia, sid, payge) yet everyone complains lmao. i honestly think that the battles will be great, and i know that some that i think will be great won't and some that i think won't be great will be, but i'm sure that there will be some that are really good, just like in the BAs.

with the being said, i'm looking forward to hearing taryn again in the battles :wub:

Agreed with everything here. Every season is the same story with IDF And yes, we´re bound to get some bad/underwhelming battles, because there are a few every season, but guaranteed, every season there are some fantastic battles that everybody on IDF enjoys, so why would this season be different?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Angelbright said:

All I’m gonna say is as much as I love Tamara but Olivia was robbed in that battle. I thought she was better, the song just wasn’t for Tamara 

I actually see how that song would cater better to Olivia´s smoother style rather than Tamara´s fireworks, but I thought it would be a good chance for Tamara to show her versatility in her softer style. If it didn´t work out, I´m afraid she might be in trouble since people are bound to label her a screamer. Not to mention this is a short season, so there´s not that much chance (for everyone,actually) to win people over later.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, moonlighty said:

Hmmm... I thought it was gonna be an opportunity for Tamara to show versatility and that she can reign it back, like Misirlou said above, she might be in trouble if she's not able to tone it down and show more emotion, it happened with many other singers like her (If they really want her to get a PV, she should sing somenthing that shows more emotion and show ppl she doesn't "only screams", the same happened to Katie in S17 until she showed a different side in the playoffs and it worked for her)

I actually think she should scream her way to the top 9 and then she’s done there, John is saving her no matter what 

14 minutes ago, Angelbright said:

All I’m gonna say is as much as I love Tamara but Olivia was robbed in that battle. I thought she was better, the song just wasn’t for Tamara 

lul, based on song choice, I'm expecting that to happen. 

4 minutes ago, moonlighty said:

Hmmm... I thought it was gonna be an opportunity for Tamara to show versatility and that she can reign it back, like Misirlou said above, she might be in trouble if she's not able to tone it down and show more emotion, it happened with many other singers like her (If they really want her to get a PV, she should sing somenthing that shows more emotion and show ppl she doesn't "only screams", the same happened to Katie in S17 until she showed a different side in the playoffs and it worked for her)

The thing with Katie is, as you said, she knew when to reign it back, she did so with Tiny Dancer prior to the lives, which was a performance that Minivan themselves liked. And then she took it to another level in the playoffs. With Tamara, reception to her blind was mixed,  her softer side attempt apparently wasn´t that good, and in the KOs she is back to the fireworks with an upbeat Stevie Wonder song. Perhaps is a little too early to tell, but I don´t see things going well for her with the audience.

4 minutes ago, Angelbright said:

I actually think she should scream her way to the top 9 and then she’s done there, John is saving her no matter what 

I wouldn´t call that a guarantee. Remember that he has Bailey "his first country artist ever", and he legit eliminated one his strongest artists because of her, and he doesn´t want Blake to make fun of him 😂, so he might save her since she´s probably gonna need it. And wasn´t he really excited about Chloe in the KOs ? She might be an option as well. 

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

I wouldn´t call that a guarantee. Remember that he has Bailey "his first country artist ever", and he legit eliminated one his strongest artists because of her, and he doesn´t want Blake to make fun of him 😂, so he might save her since she´s probably gonna need it. And wasn´t he really excited about Chloe in the KOs ? She might be an option as well. 

IMO I think Chloe will shock us and show us that she can be a pretty great front runner, she gives me Christiana Danielle vibes. But I really think Chloe will shock all of us.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zainab Tufail said:

Does anyone knows about John VS Julia battle?  Some people told me it was almost even some said John was slight better but I wanna know more.

Off the top of my head, the feedback was positive and John picked John without any hesitation.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

I would hope for Chloe over Tamara but I think John only stole her because he loves the song “Weak” so much even tho I thought Chloe was better than Carter. If Chloe gets a show stopper it might open John’s eyes and he might save her. 

9 minutes ago, Angelbright said:

Tamara was just really pitchy and none of the coaches said anything about it, while Olivia was just breezing through the song 

If she really was that pitchy, perhaps TPTB might montage her battle in an effort to make her look good if they want to pimp her  and also since apparently she recovered in her KO. 

1 hour ago, antikid said:

If it's 1PV+1CS per team, John would be foolish to take both Tamara and John H through. Not saying he won't though lmao

I would say they are different, but John H. went the diva route in his KO, so perhaps it might not be the best decision for his team in the long run. Out of the two I feel like he might be more likely to get PV, and John is probably saving Bailey, since she´s his first and only country artist, or perhaps Chloe, since she´s not really similar to John H. stylistically. 

44 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

If she really was that pitchy, perhaps TPTB might montage her battle in an effort to make her look good if they want to pimp her  and also since apparently she recovered in her KO. 

Maybeeee. They might also montage it because there was no steal

23 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Maybeeee. They might also montage it because there was no steal

Plus the only other battle from John’s team which has no steal/save is Casme vs Rio, which IIRC is probably going to be featured on Monday. 

If they want to montage a battle from his team it has to be them.

Imo these will be the montaged battles:

One of Aaron vs Ian/Jim vs John/Ben vs Sam

Tori vs Van

Kelsie vs Emmalee

Tamara vs Olivia

Madeline vs Eli

- Chloé vs Lain would be my next guess to be a montaged battle if any of these arent

- I would’ve originally said Payton vs JusJon was for sure getting montaged but tbh idk...I don’t think they would montage someone twice in a row getting eliminated in the battles (Payton) and it’s the only non-country battle on team Blake 

- any of the first three country battles listed could be montaged and I wouldn’t be surprised tbh. I can see them dialing back on some of the country battles since there’s so many this season.

- I would’ve originally said Casmè vs Rio for Team John...but after seeing them in the preview I heavily doubt they’ll be montaged...which means the only option left for John’s battle montage is Tamara vs Olivia

(I could be completely wrong this is just a prediction)

15 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

- I would’ve originally said Payton vs JusJon was for sure getting montaged but tbh idk...I don’t think they would montage someone twice in a row getting eliminated in the battles (Payton) and it’s the only non-country battle on team Blake

Payton wasn't montaged.  She was short-clipped.  Same for Larriah.  There's a difference.

23 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Payton lost to JusJon! 😳