The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

1 minute ago, ashwinner said:

jhud and alicia fall into john's lane, they would replace him, not gwen

Gwen has never done 2 seasons in a row, and they will never try to put 3 women coaches, so since Kelly won't be leaving, Gwen will definitely leave 

We ARE living in "unprecedented times," so I don't see any particular reason for Gwen to leave right now if she's staying with Blake, even if she's never done 2 seasons in a row. Now could be the start for her lol.

We're obviously keeping Kelly and Blake, I think Gwen could very likely stay, and the only one that is likely to switch out is John. Which means in comes an R&B coach.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

We ARE living in "unprecedented times," so I don't see any particular reason for Gwen to leave right now if she's staying with Blake, even if she's never done 2 seasons in a row. Now could be the start for her lol.

We're obviously keeping Kelly and Blake, I think Gwen could very likely stay, and the only one that is likely to switch out is John. Which means in comes an R&B coach.

the interview made it feel that several coaches were going to leave

leaving Gwen wouldn't go along with the renewal interview, bringing in an R&B singer who will probably be Usher, I don't see the renewal, they're gonna promote the couple again, I think that's it would tire very quickly

4 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

LMAO Blake would actually quit, he'd never get a word in edgewise between those three (especially Kelly & Miley) but that chaotic energy would make for a fun season viewing-wise.

omg i would love that!!! the coach performance would be stellar too! blake would have a lot to make fun of them for LMAO

• Like 1

Also, if they replace people - John's the wildcard for me. While it's true Gwen's never done back-to-back seasons, she's also in a quarantine bubble with Blake so that's one less logistical thing to worry about (3 coach "bubbles" vs. 4) so I could see them keeping her on for that reason. Kelly and Blake won't be leaving because they're Kelly and Blake.

If they replace John, it has to be an artist in a similar lane - JHud is the most likely option if we look at previous coaches, but they might bring in a new face if they can't get ahold of someone else who worked on the show that fills his style. I have no idea who that new face would be, though.

I think if Gwen leaves they'd likely at least try to bring Nick back first (the same "I was in a band" angle, a bit more familiar with the rock lane than the rest of the panel but still pop-adjacent enough to be a competitor for Kelly) and then if not they'd find someone new; again, no idea who that'd be. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

omg i would love that!!! the coach performance would be stellar too! blake would have a lot to make fun of them for LMAO

True, that performance would be up there as one of the best - JHud and Kelly are both vocal beasts that also know how to let others shine when they share the stage, Miley's got a very versatile voice and brings a lower contrasting female voice to the other two, and Blake makes literally everything sound country but has a stronger voice than most people assume male country artists have.

• Like 2

Just now, moonlighty said:

Yeah, Gwen staying would be better logistically, and JHud is the most likely of the candidates for John's replacement, Alicia has her album out and Usher apparently has a baby coming, she is the least busy ig

I think Usher's kid is already here, but either way if I were him I wouldn't want to deal with filming a TV show full-time on top of raising a newborn, so I think between JHud/Alica/Usher he's the least likely to come back. Alicia's also got her album out but if she can't tour I can see her maybe being an advisor for battles/KOs since that's a lower time commitment.

• Like 1

it would be a mistake to install gwen in time, it will tire the public because the promotions will be each year on the couple

I think they understood it and that they will make gwen come back for the 21st or 22nd but who will let the "fashion couple" rest a little and come back to bring back the envy of the viewers

Just now, Daillon said:

I still think it’s gonna be Usher replacing John. Similar to Kelly being mega mentor in S13 and then being a coach the next season.

I wouldn't be surprised, but I don't think it's super likely - I'd be happy to be wrong, though, considering we know Usher has good chemistry with the two coaching panel staples (esp. Blake) and that's a big draw-in point for viewers.

41 minutes ago, French20 said:

Blake/Usher/Alicia or Jhud/Kelly 🤩

i would love blake + usher + alicia/jhud + kelly, that would be AMAZING and my wig that i dont even have would be snatched during the coach performance. however, i would be surprised if they had two rnb coaches, as that has never happened before :( 

• Like 1

Usher/Alicia/Blake/Kelly would be great but I doubt Alicia comes back. I think that Usher would be great coming back as he’s one of my personal favorite coaches mainly due to his mentorship of Michelle Chamuel. 

They did make it sound like there would be multiple switchups so maybe it’s Jhud/Usher/Kelly/Blake ... Gwen logically makes sense to come back but with the way she’s been received, I doubt they risk 2 seasons in a row with her. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

i would love blake + usher + alicia/jhud + kelly, that would be AMAZING and my wig that i dont even have would be snatched during the coach performance. however, i would be surprised if they had two rnb coaches, as that has never happened before :( 

more than to hope that we will be surprised like this and not just with a changed trainer and that we start the same promotion for 2021

I really think that they think like that, to let the promo couple Blake / Gwen rest and to renew to have a fresh wind

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, French20 said:

more than to hope that we will be surprised like this and not just with a changed trainer and that we start the same promotion for 2021

I really think that they think like that, to let the promo couple Blake / Gwen rest and to renew to have a fresh wind

i do agree that they prob want to take a break from gwake promos and stuff after a season of it. however, i also agree with vintagevoice that blake and gwen both being there makes things easier logistically and makes things safer. it is possible that they just keep them both and have less romance based advertising and promos? i *also* agree though that the way that things were phrased makes it sound like there are multiple coaches switching, so im curious to see what happens

16 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

i do agree that they prob want to take a break from gwake promos and stuff after a season of it. however, i also agree with vintagevoice that blake and gwen both being there makes things easier logistically and makes things safer. it is possible that they just keep them both and have less romance based advertising and promos? i *also* agree though that the way that things were phrased makes it sound like there are multiple coaches switching, so im curious to see what happens

I think they are more attached to refreshing the program even if it is difficult to find so that there is never fatigue than to make the task easier to leave two coaches to make it simpler and that the public gets bored

then it's not that complicated to find another trainer if those there are in the country now and they are being tested before running the auditions