Survivor Rankdown 2.0 (Winner Reveal Page 225)

Solaris

4.  Sophie Clarke

Survivor: South Pacific Winner

Survivor: Winners at War 10th Place

sophie40* | Tumblr

Average: 7.22

RANKINGS:

Alex - 1/20

Andy - 1/20

Amanda - 3/20

Hayden - 3/20

Public - 7/20

Zoey - 8/20

JC - 10/20

Steven - 13/20

Andrelliott - 19/20

ALEX

Sophie Clarke

I still think I might prefer Sandra and Cirie to Sophie, but my heart is telling me to rank Sophie number one and I gotta follow my heart. At worst, Sophie is still my third favorite Survivor ever. South Pacific is an underrated gem of a season and a lot of that is thanks to Sophie. Sophie is snarky as hell and she played an amazing game. Despite being underedited, Sophie always made sure to shine.

Sophie is very invisible during the pre-merge of South Pacific, but her social game helps get her into the alliance with Coach, Albert, Brandon, and Rick. Sophie seems to always get stuck working with men and yet I still stan it's crazy :dead:. Specifically, Sophie forms a really close relationship with Coach which ends up being extremely important for her game. We do get bits of Sophie's personality there though and how witty she is. I love her comments about how creepy Brandon is and how he views Mikayla as "the whore of babylon" in his biblical terms. Also Sophie at the Jack & Jill reward is of course iconic

tumblr_ltr4t97yif1qdz1avo1_250.gif

Sophie's a very blunt, take no sh*t kind of person. She had to bite her tongue a bit, and save her snark confessionals. But once we hit the merge, Sophie was a bit more out in the open with her sarcastic personality, for better or for worse.

"I was actually offended at Redemption Island. The six of them thought that we would believe that, and I found the charade to be over the top and somewhat pathetic."

Only Sophie can strike someone down with her words to bluntly and intelligently. Like I got a chill listening to her drag Ozzy's pathetic attempts at pretending to be mad at Savaii for "voting him out". Sophie is actually pretty influential in the infamous Cochran flip. While the edit gives Coach all the credit, Cochran has since said post-show that Coach and Sophie were both pretty convincing and getting him to flip.

After they secure the numbers, Sophie's pretty much golden till the final six. However, Albert is desperate to make a big move and tries to convince Sophie to flip multiple times. Though some flips back and forth may have been fun to watch, I respect Sophie sticking to the status quo and not making a big move just for the resume or whatever. Sophie's game may be very boring on paper, but it works for her and she has the personality to pull it off. It also helps that she was hilarious whenever she would shut Albert down.

"I think Albert thinks he has this great strategic mind and I don't think he's come up with one good plan yet."

The good thing about Sophie aligning with only men is that she loves to just tear them to shreds and we love to watch it :wub:. Sophie stays solidly with her numbers, and they make it to the point where it's only Upolu and Cochran left. Cochran should be the next target, but he's trying to convince some of the tribe that he should be given some leeway since he flipped for them. Here's what Sophie has to say on the matter:

"I get frustrated by the kind of air he puts on, I think he's really proud of the move he made and I think he still thinks that somebody will take him to the end. I don't like it."

"I don't feel indebted to you, screw you! He made an awful move, he should've stuck to his tribe."

To prevent any noise of a flip, Sophie pretty much holds a mock tribal council with the Upolu 5 on the spot and gets them all to agree Cochran must go next. And she gets her way :wub:. Cochran and Edna are the next to go, in the order, and now Sophie's at the point where she can really start wheeling and dealing because it's just her and her alliance left. Sophie has Coach pretty much wrapped around her finger so she's in a good place. Albert's plotting to take Sophie out though behind her back 😮. Sophie has nothing to worry about, she's already set up to take Brandon out so he can face Ozzy at RI and they have the two biggest threats in the game there together. Brandon wins immunity and throws a wrench in her plans though. Luckily, it's time for Albert to get exposed and become the new target. And for Sophie to DRAGGGGGGGG him to filth.

"It's so gratifying seeing everything with Albert being exposed because now instead of a nice little blindside, he gets to go out looking even more pathetic than he's looked this whole game"

"Where is there strategic value in switching-LET ME FINISH DAMMIT! Listen...WILL YOU LET ME F*CKING FINISH?! WHERE IS YOUR STRATEGIC MIND NOW?!"

"It's like he's in the toilet bowl and Brandon, and Coach, and I, and Rick we all get to have a little chance at flushing him down. He keeps kind of scrambling back up, but I think Jeff will put the final flush tonight"

Of course, Brandon gives up immunity to Albert, thus getting himself voted out. So Sophie gets to go with her original plan yay! Ozzy returns from RI, and this is where Sophie's game is, by far, in the most jeopardy. She is now in the final five, trapped with two returning players, and there's nothing Sophie can do to stop Ozzy from going on a comp streak to win the game. Sophie could play as flawless of a game that she wants, but that's pretty much completely out of her control. Sophie tries to control it though. She attempts to demand that Albert help her in the final five card stacking immunity challenge by picking up her pieces, but Albert doesn't do it and Probst tells her she's not allowed :dead: (though I bet nowadays it would be allowed since it's a #BigMove). Ozzy tries to target Sophie, but Rick seems like the easy boot since he's least likely to beat Ozzy at the final immunity challenge.

This tribal council is where Sophie has her breakdown though and she solidifies her spot as one of my favorite castaways ever. Y'all know I love an interesting and complex character. Sophie had so many walls built up around her during the season so listening to Ozzy tear down her character really hurt after a month on the island. Sophie saved much of her snark for confessionals, so she was pretty shocked that everyone thought that she was, basically, a bitch. I think it was important for Sophie to show off her human side to the jury as well, make them more likely to want to vote for her. I related to a lot of how Sophie felt in that moment when she got attacked by Ozzy. Though frankly a lot of that was also sexist as well because she was playing the same game as a bunch of guys.

Luckily Sophie made it through that tribal council and recovered flawlessly. How does she recover? By winning the final immunity challenge and taking Ozzy down :wub:. We all know Probst was #shook when that happened :wub:. Because Sophie is the new dragon slayer :wub:.

Sophie has now made it to final tribal council and gives one of the best jury performances ever. Even though Savaii didn't love her, lucky for her they haaaaated Coach and Albert. Queen of dragging goats along with her :wub:. I had recently (by recently I mean like a year or two ago) learned that Sophie put alcohol from the merge feast in her bottle and drank it during FTC so she was getting lowkey drunk during it :wub: (notably drinking whenever someone insulted her). The entire FTC is great but this is of course my favorite answer of the night:

"Before I came into this game I said, y'know, I wish I was a man because men in this game seem to get two young girls to follow them to the end and that's something I can't do. When I met Coach, I saw him as the equivalent of a young girl..."

:dead:. Sophie calling herself Coach's strategist for him was also another amazing answer. After all that, Sophie wins the game in a 6-3 vote, as she deserves :wub:. Sophie in South Pacific just did not get the appreciation she deserved, both as a player and as a character. Then Game Changers happened and Sophie was rumored to be on the shortlist to be on the season and I was shocked. Sophie defeated two returning male players that Probst adores in a lowkey game. I assumed we'd never see her again. But here we are, the producers are interested. She didn't end up on the final cast, but then Winners at War happened and I knew Sophie would be a lock :wub:. Considering there are only like 14 female winners or whatever. I don't care what it took to bring Sophie back, I was just grateful she was :wub:.

I think we got to see Sophie's bitchy side more in South Pacific, but she was still a fun presence in Winners at War. She got a much better edit which I appreciate (probably because she needed to be a big player for Tony's move against her to pretty much be his winning move). She had some fun commentary during the pre-swap. I enjoyed her making fun of Tony's awful bamboo ladder. I enjoyed Sophie refer to Yul as her "nerd shield". I enjoyed Sophie's confusion over Kim giving her half her idol as she called herself "the devil" :wub:. I enjoyed her story about her high school field trip to a prison :dead:. Sophie really comes alive for me at the swap though.

Sophie needed a fan favorite to hate for me to stan and she found it in Boston Rob! When Boston Rob refused to let anyone strategize before tribal council, Sophie angrily ranted to Sarah about how he's an assh*le and then helped boot him :wub:. Sophie loves to destroy Probst's faves :wub:.

Sophie had control over the game at the merge, point blank and the period. She called the Wendell and Adam boots because it's what she wanted. And we really got to see her in action at the Tyson boot where she puppeted Tony, Sarah, Ben, and Nick to decide on a plan at tribal council right there in front of everyone. While I HATE the whispering at tribal council, Sophie at least utilized it in a daring way that she still had to be somewhat open with her strategy. Sophie was riding high at this point as she drew the line in the sand and the numbers worked for her.

Sadly that leads into Sophie's downfall where she leaves with an Idol in her pocket 🙈. Ugh I don't blame her for not playing it, Tony played that vote well. But man would it have been fun to see Sophie survive that vote and go to war with Tony!

Sophie finally got the respect she deserved though after Winners at War. It was pretty universally agreed amongst the other players out there and the fanbase that Sophie played the best game of the season behind Tony and maybe Sarah. It took a 4-3-2 vote to take Sophie out, orchestrated by the future winner of the game. If Sophie had to be taken out, I wish she didn't have that idol, but I'm glad it was in a badass move by Tony.

Sophie is everything I want in a Survivor contestant. She's snarky, she's strategic, she's fun to follow post-show, she's classy, she's elevated every season she's been on. With a lot of Survivor contestants I enjoy, I always wonder how I'd feel about them on a return, whether I'd still like them. I worry wish different alliances or different gameplay, I wouldn't feel the same way. Sophie is a rare case where I know she could return ten more times, and I'd undoubtably root her on each of those times just because I trust her as a person so much she would never do anything to make me unhappy. I'm thrilled I helped get Sophie into the endgame here (thanks forever Amanda for giving her immunity from final cuts) and I'm also thrilled to be ranking her first.

ANDY

SOPHIE CLARKE - That’s some queen shit. :wub: Idk if Sophie is actually my favorite Survivor player of all time, but she is certainly up there. South Pacific she was the smart, rational, logical, but sometimes abrasive student who was so underedited because Probst & Co were creaming themselves over Ozzy, Coach, and Cochran...but the best player that season was a non-flashy young female who didn’t rely on her sexuality to get to the end...so of course she’s going to barely be featured. But we could see even through her unfortunate edit that she was cunning and entertaining. Sophie is an iconic character in SoPa in her own right. Screaming at Albert to help her finish her house of cards during an IC. :wub: Sophie standing there with the most expressionless look on her face when everyone else was standing in the prayer circle with their eyes closed. :wub: Sophie’s snarky confessionals. :wub: Sophie calling herself the New Dragonslayer. :wub: Sophie breaking down at the F5 TC and locking in those jury votes three full TCs before FTC. :wub: She’s definitely one of the most underrated winners ever, which we saw virtually proven during her time on Winners At War. She may have placed 10th overall at the end of the day, but Sophie ran the beginning of that season and if it weren’t for Tony she would have probably gone on to win the whole game. The edit was much kinder to her in S40 (minus her boot episode, tragique)...she was shown as socially adept, strategically sound, and also entertaining in confessionals. I think she actually came out of that season improving upon her legacy despite her brutal blindside. Overall, Sophie is the kind of contestant I live for, supplying strategic smarts and hilarious iconic moments. Props to her for being Probst’s worst nightmare and beating out two of the most popular players of all time :wub::wub::wub: When will your fave???

AMANDA

survivor-southpacific-sophie-clarke-coac

I love Sophie! :wub: She definitely proved to be a deserving winner during South Pacific. While the snarky comments that she made and her unenthusiastic reaction to the movie at the Jack & Jill reward were fun, she really shined on the strategic front. Linking up with Coach early on, keeping her #1 ally Albert in line at every given turn while dragging him to the end, and ultimately winning over the Savaii's to secure her win was amazing. Sophie knew that she was in a good position and her smartest move was to do nothing to upset the power structure, so she constantly shut down Albert's ideas to flip. She took out the biggest jury threat, Ozzy, in a glorious fashion. She won 3 individual immunity challenges. She had an amazing FTC performance where she compared Coach to a young girl. Basically, Sophie was an all-around fantastic character on South Pacific and was my favorite part of her season. I was so happy to see her win and then return for Winners At War, where she was back with more great confessionals, but then she had more emotional moments where she confessed that she felt like a bottom-tier winner in comparison to the others, but she was happy that she proved she could hold her own and felt like a good gameplayer. Sophie is an amazing winner, and definitely one of my favorite castaways ever.

HAYDEN

03.) Sophie Clarke

Survivor Sophie Clarke GIF - Survivor SophieClarke TappingFingers -  Discover & Share GIFs

I am absolutely thrilled that Sophierce Clarke was able to make the top 20. During Sophie’s first season, Sophie wasn’t the most likeable player, but she was smart enough to realize that and drag two even more unlikeable players to the end with her. Beyond that, Sophie was entertaining to watch when the producers weren’t fawning over Coach and Ozzy, with Sophie destroying Albert in and out of the confessionals as well as moments like her complete disgust at watching Jack and Jill :giggle: . Sophie didn’t return afterwards until Winners at War, where she was kind of an underdog coming in, due to having won during a very unpopular stretch of seasons. Sophie managed to be an absolute delight to watch once again, however, making a strong early bond with Yul, blindsiding Rob out of the game, and generally being a fun presence. Sophie may not have lasted as long her second runthrough, but I think that she was able to prove that she more than deserved her win.

PUBLIC

I really liked Sophie in the context of South Pacific.  How she made Coach her little girl and how she had some personal growth over the season.  Her winner edit started in the finals.  I loved when she tried to make albert drop out of the comp and pick up her pieces, only for her to beat Ozzy and send him home.  In South Pacific I was a fan from minute one when she teamed up with Yul.  Then she hooked up with Sarah and I was a fan of the pair as they dismantled their new tribe together.  Unfortunately she got got by Tony, but I am happy  people as a whole respect her game more after seeing her in Winners at War.  I ranked her 3rd to show my appreciation of her in her latest season.  She dropped a little based on other public ranks.

JC

Sophie Clarke - I did not watch her original season, but she was interesting and likable on the winners season.

STEVEN

SOPHIE CLARKE

All the Sophie fans here can thank Winners at War for why she isn't lower on my ranking. I really did not understand the Sophie love at first, and I refuse to watch South Pacific again to figure out why. I really dislike that season, so I have no interest in revisiting it. However, Sophie proved to be an adept player on a season of winners. She was in a seemingly good position and had a good read of what was going on and having the votes go the way she wanted. Tony recognized how big of a threat she was, and his move in taking her out was a notable one that helped him secure the win. And not only was Sophie a good player, but I liked her personality this season too. She was a good narrator, and her confessionals were fun to listen to. So, after her second time playing the game, I can say I finally understand why Sophie is so beloved here. She's great.

ANDRELLIOTT

Sophie Clarke

e3tv27.jpg

Again, this ranking is more a by-product of averaging out mine and my husband's rankings. I adore Sophie. I've found her extremely easy to root for in both of her seasons because she's like a quiet storm. When we see her interact with her tribe mates, she's friendly, but in her confessionals she's hilarious and a strategic mastermind. I totally see why she's Alex's favourite and I was super excited to see her back for Winners at War.

Her boot was definitely heartbreaking because it felt like she got the short end of the stick, but it was still fun to see her play and have her on our screens again. I also feel like her boot was a testament to how strong of a social and strategic player she was in the game. 

That being said, that is exactly why Elliott and I felt the need to rank her low. After losing all of favourites early in the game, courtesy of Sophie's fans in this game, we felt like we couldn't let her win over some of our other favourites. 

@Alex95 @*Amanda @sublymonal @Elliott @#jeah @hayden98 @JC @Steven_ @Zoey

Alex

1. Sophie Clarke

3. Sue Hawk

4. Sean Rector

6. Kassandra "Kass" McQuillen

7. Abi-Maria Gomes

8. Jerri Manthey

9. Michaela Bradshaw

10. Peih-Gee Law

11. Crystal Cox

12. Teresa "T-Bird" Cooper

13. Heidi Strobel

14. Kim Spradlin-Wolfe

15. Rob Cesternino 

16. Jenna Morasca

17. Ian Rosenberger

18. Natalie White

20. Yul Kwon

Amanda

3. Sophie Clarke

4. Natalie White

6. Kim Spradlin-Wolfe

7. Jerri Manthey

8. Michaela Bradshaw

9. Abi-Maria Gomes

10. Kassandra "Kass" McQuillen

11. Teresa "T-Bird" Cooper

12. Rob Cesternino 

13. Sue Hawk

14. Peih-Gee Law

15. Jenna Morasca

16. Heidi Strobel

17. Ian Rosenberger

18. Yul Kwon

19. Crystal Cox

20. Sean Rector

Andrelliott

2. Ian Rosenberger

3. Natalie White

4. Rob Cesternino 

5. Michaela Bradshaw

6. Teresa "T-Bird" Cooper

7. Abi-Maria Gomes

8. Jenna Morasca

9. Yul Kwon

10. Sue Hawk

11. Crystal Cox

12. Sean Rector

14. Peih-Gee Law

16. Kassandra "Kass" McQuillen

17. Jerri Manthey

18. Heidi Strobel

19. Sophie Clarke

20. Kim Spradlin-Wolfe

Andy

1. Sophie Clarke

3. Kim Spradlin-Wolfe

4. Jerri Manthey

5. Jenna Morasca

6. Rob Cesternino 

9. Sean Rector

10. Teresa "T-Bird" Cooper

11. Kassandra "Kass" McQuillen

12. Abi-Maria Gomes

13. Natalie White

14. Heidi Strobel

15. Peih-Gee Law

16. Crystal Cox

17. Yul Kwon

18. Michaela Bradshaw

19. Ian Rosenberger

20. Sue Hawk

Hayden

3. Sophie Clarke

4. Natalie White

5. Teresa "T-Bird" Cooper

6. Abi-Maria Gomes

7. Kassandra "Kass" McQuillen

8. Crystal Cox

10. Rob Cesternino 

11. Jerri Manthey 

12. Peih-Gee Law

13. Sue Hawk

14. Heidi Strobel

15. Sean Rector

16. Jenna Morasca

17. Kim Spradlin-Wolfe

18. Michaela Bradshaw 

19. Yul Kwon

20. Ian Rosenberger

JC

2. Yul Kwon

3. Kassandra "Kass" McQuillen

5. Peih-Gee Law

6. Jerri Manthey

7. Ian Rosenberger 

8. Sean Rector

9. Rob Cesternino 

10. Sophie Clarke

11. Abi-Maria Gomes

12. Jenna Morasca

13. Heidi Strobel

14. Teresa "T-Bird" Cooper

15. Crystal Cox

16. Sue Hawk

17. Natalie White

18. Michaela Bradshaw

19. Kim Spradlin-Wolfe

Public

2. Abi-Maria Gomes

4. Jerri Manthey

6. Kim Spradlin-Wolfe

7. Sophie Clarke

8. Jenna Morasca

9. Yul Kwon

10. Heidi Strobel

11. Sue Hawk

12. Natalie White

13. Michaela Bradshaw

14. Rob Cesternino 

15. Teresa "T-Bird" Cooper

16. Kassandra "Kass" McQuillen 

17. Peih-Gee Law

18. Sean Rector

19. Crystal Cox

20. Ian Rosenberger

Steven

2. Michaela Bradshaw

3. Kim Spradlin-Wolfe

4. Abi-Maria Gomes

5. Teresa "T-Bird" Cooper

6. Natalie White

8. Heidi Strobel

10. Jenna Morasca

11. Peih-Gee Law

12. Rob Cesternino 

13. Sophie Clarke

14. Yul Kwon

15. Kassandra "Kass" McQuillen

16. Crystal Cox

17. Sean Rector

18. Ian Rosenberger

19. Sue Hawk

20. Jerri Manthey

Zoey

2. Crystal Cox

3. Natalie White

4. Peih-Gee Law

5. Jenna Morasca

7. Abi-Maria Gomes

8. Sophie Clarke

9. Ian Rosenberger

10. Kassandra "Kass" McQuillen

12. Heidi Strobel

13. Kim Spradlin-Wolfe

14. Yul Kwon

15. Sue Hawk

16. Rob Cesternino 

17. Michaela Bradshaw

18. Jerri Manthey

19. Teresa "T-Bird" Cooper

20. Sean Rector

LMAO at the Top 3 being all Villain tribe Goddesses ❤️ 

I didn't think Courtney would be such a threat to win this :giggle:and since no one bussed her she might end up with the win :omg:

That being said, that is exactly why Elliott and I felt the need to rank her low. After losing all of favourites early in the game, courtesy of Sophie's fans in this game, we felt like we couldn't let her win over some of our other favourites. 

I'd like to be excluded from this narrative 🙂 

19 hours ago, Alex95 said:

Sandra's time is unfortunately up I fear.

12 hours ago, Alex95 said:

Sandra's gonna be next so we might see a whole bunch of number ones :dead: 

10 hours ago, Alex95 said:

3. Sandra

Is Sandra the new Kree? :wub:

58 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Cole Medders says hi

Blame JC for that one 😘

14 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Ok I know I said iconic top 5 but...even more ICONIC top 3! :wub: Love all of Sandra, Parv and Courtney. Thrilled whichever way this goes.

We really did that!