Best International Performances

Bouli

(I hope this topic is allowed; I don't know if talking about other countries' versions of The Voice is allowed.)

I just heard some guy absolutely annihilating Adele's "When We Were Young" on The Voice Portugal. I'm in love. It's so beautiful. I can't stop playing it on repeat. (And it has 88 MILLION views for a good reason.)

Two of my international favorites are from The Voice Holland: Pleun Bierblooms singing "Million Years Ago" by Adele (link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8hliPb1SJI) and Ina Van Woersem singing "The Way You Make Me Feel" by Michael Jackson (link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70gScxRtdHw). Pleun's voice is so haunting and gorgeous; Ina's performance is so much fun, and she has the coolest, most effortless tone. And I might just have a crush on her :haha:

I can think of others, but again, I don't want to hog the thread lol.

What are some of your favorites?

For me, it’s not a single performance, it’s a contestant, Chloe Castro from the UK. She made it through 3 rounds and then withdrew for personal reasons.

But my favorite single performance is Simon Morin who managed to combine a rock scream voice, rapping and a melodic interlude into one song.

Edited by AngelaKD

10 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

Diana Rouvas was a freaking BEAST. One of the best technical singers I've ever seen. People talk about Maelyn for 2019 but Diana was a master.

S8 of Australia got talent had some my favorites performances in the voice.

and there's one, I've seen it over 100 times without a doubt. I cried probably like 50 times. (100% goosebumps)

Edited by Theleaguan

• 2 weeks later...

I fallowed the UK version from s2 to s6

My favourite performane ever in any tv show is Abi Sampa's BA "Stop Crying Your Heart Out" - just amazing. I still fallow her 

Mo Adeniran, his voice is out of this world... I like some of his own songs ("That Feeling", "First Dance")

HM: Vikesh Champaneri

Edited by Feder

• 1 month later...

The Voice Teens is ongoing in ny country (The Philippines) so I would like share my favorite auditions. Battles have just started so I'll post again when those are over.

Ryan Dave Baguio - Hello (Lionel Richie)

Kate Soliman - Moon River (Audrey Hepburn)

Hobe Rementizo - One And Only (Adele)

Heart Salvador - Someone You Loved (Lewis Capaldi)

Those were all the ones in English so if anyone's interested, here are my favorites in Filipino languages:

Ysa Jison/Tina Umali - Isa Pang Araw (Sarah Geronimo)

Isang Manlapaz - Isang Linggong Pag-ibig (Imelda Papin)

JP Romero - Usahay (Pilita Corrales)

Alexis Mingming - Magasin (Eraserheads)

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FloorWax said:

The Voice Teens is ongoing in ny country (The Philippines) so I would like share my favorite auditions. Battles have just started so I'll post again when those are over.

Ryan Dave Baguio - Hello (Lionel Richie)

Kate Soliman - Moon River (Audrey Hepburn)

Hobe Rementizo - One And Only (Adele)

Heart Salvador - Someone You Loved (Lewis Capaldi)

Those were all the ones in English so if anyone's interested, here are my favorites in Filipino languages:

Ysa Jison/Tina Umali - Isa Pang Araw (Sarah Geronimo)

Isang Manlapaz - Isang Linggong Pag-ibig (Imelda Papin)

JP Romero - Usahay (Pilita Corrales)

Alexis Mingming - Magasin (Eraserheads)

Whaa sana umabot ng finals si Ryan at Alexis❤❤ 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here's some older performances from the Philippines' The Voice Teens 2017. The new seasons' battles have mostly been underwhelming for me so I'm just going to post battles from the first season.

This battle is special because it is essentially a mash-up of the classical Ave Maria and Beyonce's Ave Maria. The arrangement is genius in my eyes.

This one is a performance The Sound Of Silence. Very emotional.

This last battle is a cover of a Tagalog song and what makes it impressive is not only the amazing vocals, but their ability to convey the emotions of the song despite not being fluent in Tagalog at the time.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...