Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

Anchorman 2 

220px-Anchorman_2_Teaser_Poster.jpg

I nearly walked out of the movie theater seeing the first Anchorman. That was before I realized that I just could not stand Will Ferrell's work. That is not the point of this write up. Oh wait, maybe it can be. If I tried to watch this, I would suffer more than I already have. This movie had a 50 million dollar budget. It made a little over 170 million. That is good. People out there clearly appreciate his work more than I do. #lowstandards. 

This movie came out in 2013. There has not been another sequel yet. When there is money to be made, it is always possible. 

Save We're the Millers

Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile (2019 dir. by Joe Berlinger)

tumblr_pr0g863x0p1ua8sfio1_500.gifv

Really happy to be given the opportunity to cut this film, since the glorification of white murderers and rapists is a trend that absolutely needs to stop in all media. This terrible film did not even address the impacts of Ted Bundy's actions on the loved ones of his countless victims. This film is harmful and with the state of this country, I cannot even fathom to say anything good about a film of this nature. I knew from the moment I saw previews for this film it was a disgusting undertaking.

This film is an adaptation of Elizabeth Kendall's memoir, The Phantom Prince: My Life with Ted Bundy. Kendall is a former girlfriend of Ted Bundy, and is portrayed in the film by Lily Collins. Bundy is portrayed by Zac Efron. The film also stars Kaya Scodelario, Jeffrey Donovan, Angela Sarafyan, Dylan Baker, Brian Geraghty, Terry Kinney, Hayley Joel Osment, James Hetfield, Jim Parsons, and John Malkovich. 

Most reviews of the film are negative. Efron is praised for his performance, but the rest of the film is criticized for being pedestrian and failing to actually tell the story through the eyes of Kendall. Instead, the film focuses on sensational events that we do not need any more details on and fails to actually find the perspective of anybody other than the white murderer and rapist.

SAVING: Doctor Strange

Jobs

tenor.gif?itemid=3381632

I haven't watched either Jobs or Tolkien so I'm just gonna cut the one with the lowest Metascore. Ashton Kutcher seem like a random choice to play Steve Jobs but I didn't watch it so I cannot judge if he did a good or a bad job. Jobs is a 2013 biographical drama based on the life of Steve Jobs. The film chronicles Jobs's life from 1974 when he was in college up until 2001 with the introduction of the iPod. The other actors of the film included Josh Gad, Lukas Haas, Victor Rasuk, JK Simmons, Ron Eldard and Kevin Dunn. The film received mixed to poor reviews like the following one: An ambitious but skin-deep portrait of an influential, complex figure, Jobs often has the feel of an over-sentimentalized made-for-TV biopic.  The movie made about $42M and against a budget of $12M, I guess it made it a small box office success.

Saving Tolkien

giphy.gif

\

11 hours ago, Elliott said:

At least it was better than the Sharon Tate movie where they created a storyline she was ~seeing visions~ before her murder. #lowstandards

Lily Collins claimed she was seeing the ghosts of Ted Bundy's victims who wordlessly were like "It's totally cool. We think you should make this movie."

5 minutes ago, miss denise said:

A lot of movies I like cut recently (and some from a few rounds ago that I missed). :(  Universal sad face for them all.

I wonder how many movies are left now that I've seen. :giggle: 

Aww it's the same for me. I haven't seen too many movies at all but I am sure most of them are probably gone already. :haha: 

3 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Aww it's the same for me. I haven't seen too many movies at all but I am sure most of them are probably gone already. :haha: 

That's what makes it sadder to see several cut because there are already so few I know. :dead:  😢  I'm going to go back and count how many left I've seen. :giggle:  

7 minutes ago, miss denise said:

That's what makes it sadder to see several cut because there are already so few I know. :dead:  😢  I'm going to go back and count how many left I've seen. :giggle:  

Awww I know that feeling. :dead: :haha: I might do that too, lol.

42 minutes ago, miss denise said:

A lot of movies I like cut recently (and some from a few rounds ago that I missed). :(  Universal sad face for them all.

I wonder how many movies are left now that I've seen. :giggle: 

36 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

I'm just going to assume I either nominated them or cut them. 👀👀
Sorry in advance. 

33 minutes ago, aliasocfan said:

I'm just going to assume I either nominated them or cut them. 👀👀
Sorry in advance. 

You haven't played a part in any of the recent cuts I've seen, but thank you. :haha: 

49 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Awww I know that feeling. :dead: :haha: I might do that too, lol.

I completed my updated count and the percentage of movies I've seen has actually gone up from pre-rankdown, so more movies I've seen are still in it than have been cut. :haha:  That is good news. Curious to know how yours compares.

I should have 16 nominees here;

Date Night
The Other Guys
Final Destination 5
Salmon Fishing in the Yemen
Wild Bill
Killing Them Softly
Seeking a Friend for the End of the World
This Is 40
About Time
The Intern
Woman in Gold