Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

• Alex95 changed the title to Films of the Decade Rankdown (Rei's Noms Posted)

Nocturnal Animals

Nocturnal_Animals_Poster.jpg

This is a movie I have been meaning to watch. Just because I have seen the trailer and liked what I saw, I have avoided nominating or cutting it. I am avoiding the the plot summary because I want to avoid spoilers. There is a plot in the real world and inside a book. This movie also includes both Isla Fisher and Amy Adams. They are trying to convince us that they are two different people! Just like the Help with Jessica Chastain and Bryce Dallas Howard! 

This movie is a psychological thriller. Obviously the superior movie genre. This movie came out in 2016. It sadly did not make much money in the Box Office. The reviews seem kind of lukewarm. The average rating for both Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic both range around 7. Other members of the cast include Jake Gyllenhall, Laura Linney, Jena Malone, Michael Shannon and Aaron Taylor Johnson. 

Crimson Peak

Crimson_Peak_theatrical_poster.jpg

This is very much the same circumstance of Nocturnal Animals. I have been meaning to watch it, but never did. Sadly, it is at the point where I could not protect it anymore. 

This movie came out in 2015. It was directed by Guillermo Del Toro. It is classified as a gothic romance film. I am actually familiar with most of the cast of this movie. This includes Mia Wasikowska, Tom Hiddleston, Jessica Chastain and Charlie Hunnam. 

This movie also did not do particularly well in the box office. Fortunately it made back it's budget, but really not much more than that. It has a 72% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes. The average score is 6.59/10. That is from 275 reviews. Metacritic has a similar score of 66/100. This reviews seem to indicate the movie is good, but absolutely nothing spectacular. 

• Alex95 changed the title to Films of the Decade Rankdown (Derek's Noms Next)

Nominations:

Blindspotting (2018)

CAM (2018)

Cold War (2018)

Crazy Rich Asians (2018)

Game Night (2018)

The Hate U Give (2018)

If Beale Street Could Talk (2018)

Private Life (2018)

Searching (2018)

We the Animals (2018)

You Were Never Really Here (2018)

• Alex95 changed the title to Films of the Decade Rankdown (Derek's Noms Posted)