Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

Cycle 11 ~The Powers~

The-Incredibles-1200x600.jpg

This cycle is going to be the most twisted one yet! Everyone will have a power that they can use to alter the course of a cycle. Some are more powerful than others. Some can be used to help your faves. Others can be used to destroy your enemies. Before I reveal how these powers can be won, let's take a look at them:

• Immune Actors - If you select this power you will select one actor and one actress whose films will be safe for the entire cycle. No one will be able to nominate any films that actor and actress have appeared in. You may be saving some films you love, but also be saving some films you dislike in the process.
  • The Buyback - THIS IS THE ONLY BUYBACK IN THIS GAME. At the end of a round, you will be able to bring back one film eliminated. You must make your decision before we move onto the next round and a new nominator nominates. Once new nominations are up, all the eliminations from the previous round are locked in.
  • Reverse a Decision - One of the pettiest powers in rankdown history. Unhappy with a ranker's cut/save decision? Once during the cycle, you will have the power to reverse the decision. Whatever they cut will be saved and whatever they saved will be cut. You will be responsible for this film's writeup, and the ranker you just punished will be responsible for a new cut and save. I ask that you @ the ranker whose decision you are reversing to inform them that they must make a new cut and save decision. You must use this power while a round is ongoing, not after a round ends.
  • Renominate - Not happy with a ranker's nominations? You can force them to renominate. Any of the films they just nominated will not be eligible to be renominated. The previous round's nominees will remain off limits as well. Along with that, these films will also be saved from the next nominator's round. You must use this before a round has ended.
  • Block a Nominator - At the start of the cycle you will be able to block one nominator from nominating. They will still cut and save every round, but they will not be making any nominations.
  • Block a Nominator's Nominees - At the start of the cycle you will choose one ranker who cannot nominate any films they have already nominated throughout the course of the game. I will do the research for that after you make that decision, but you may need to give me some time :haha:. The nominator will have to come up with all brand new nominees.
  • Start a Round - For one round of your choice, you will be able to cut and save first. Once nominations are posted, everyone will have to wait for you to make your first cut and save. After that, everyone else can make their decisions. This is the only cut and save a ranker cannot reverse the decision on. You will reveal which ranker you want to do this on at the start of the cycle.
  • Determine the Nominating Order - As simple as it sounds. It will be up to you to make up the nominating order for the cycle.
  • Power Cut - This is a power that two rankers will share together. You will decide as a pair to eliminate one film from the game of your choice. It can be any film, nothing is off limits. Only one of you will be responsible for the writeup.

So these are all the powers you will be competing for this cycle! How can they be won? Similar to Steven's Disney song rankings, we will be doing a films of the 2000's rankdown to prepare you for a potential real rankdown in the future. You will each PM or DM me a film that came out between 2000 and 2009. I will post the ten films and all rankers and the public can send me a ranking of them. Like in the Disney game, I ask you to keep your films a secret from each other. Obviously I have no way of knowing if you do, but I just ask that you do, we're using the honors system here! All ballots are counted equally whether you're a ranker or a member of the public. You will have 24 hours to PM or DM me your ranking. If I don't receive your ranking in time, it will not count. After 24 hours, I will tally the results. Whoever comes in first can pick the first power. Whoever comes in second can pick the second power. And so on and so far until the last ranker gets the last power.

So begin thinking of what film from 2000-2009 you would like to use for this mini-round! Your 24 hours begins now! If there's a specific clip you would like me to use when I post the films, send that to me as well. Otherwise I'll just post the trailer.

@aliasocfan @*Chris @Deeee @Steven_ @NGM @.Rei @totes4totes @1234567890 @Elliott @#jeah

Edited by Alex95

Just now, Elliott said:

Is the buyback solely for films eliminated in the upcoming cycle, or for any film that's been eliminated so far?

The Buyback - THIS IS THE ONLY BUYBACK IN THIS GAME. At the end of a round, you will be able to bring back one film eliminated. You must make your decision before we move onto the next round and a new nominator nominates. Once new nominations are up, all the eliminations from the previous round are locked in.

2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

That doesn't answer my question. :dead:  I can't tell if it's just for any films eliminated in the next cycle after the power is earned, or for any film eliminated so far.

Unimpressed Sea GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

It's for a round! So yes it must be used for something eliminated this cycle. And it has to be used during the round or between rounds. If something's eliminated during Andy's round and you want to bring it back, you must make that decision either during the round, or after the round ends and the next one begins. If Anne's the next nominator and she has posted her nominations and you didn't post a buyback decision, the cuts from Andy's round are locked in.

Edited by Alex95

3 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

It's for a round! So yes it must be used for something eliminated this cycle. And it has to be used during the round or between rounds. If something's eliminated during Andy's round and you want to bring it back, you must make that decision either during the round, or after the round ends and the next one begins. If Anne's the next nominator and she has posted her nominations and you didn't post a buyback decision, the cuts from Andy's round are locked in.

👍 

1 minute ago, totes4totes said:

gonna suck for you when i win and i choose to bring back cats ❤️

19 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

50 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Yes I didn't feel like doing renumbering on a nearly 1000 film rankdown :dead:

we stan a transparent host :wub: 

That’s why I never number anything in the Drag Race rankdown until I’m done with the bring backs. :haha:

THE BABYSITTER

The_Babysitter_(2017_film).png

Here's a movie I was unfamiliar with before this rankdown. After a Google search of the plot of the movie, I was fine throwing it up as a nominee since it doesn't seem like the kind of movie I would like. I'm surprised there are so many fans here too. Anyway, The Babysitter is a 2017 film that premiered on Netflix. It's described as a teen comedy horror film. The movie is about a young boy named Cole discovering his babysitter is part of a demonic cult. He witnesses her stabbing a guy in the skull and collecting his blood with her high school friends. They thought he was asleep, but he was curious to see what his babysitter was up to after hours. They see Cole, and chaos ensues with multiple deaths. They try to kill Cole too, but he survives. The film stars Samara Weaving, Judah Lewis, Hana Mae Lee, Robbie Amell and Bella Thorne. According to Rotten Tomatoes, "Enjoyable if not particularly original, The Babysitter makes the most of its familiar genre ingredients with energetic direction and a killer cast." The site also gave it a 72% approval rating. But according to IGN, "Netflix's The Babysitter doesn't really work as either a horror film or a comedy." Despite mixed reviews, a sequel is set to be released next month. I won't be watching, and reading the plot of this one hasn't swayed me to watch it either. Anyway, sorry to the fans, but out goes The Babysitter from the rankdown.