Most Undeserving Battle Eliminations

Someone648

Seeing a lot of these threads today so might as well add another...

Long story short, who are some contestants that you feel got eliminated unfairly in battles (meaning no steal or save)?

Specifically, who got robbed of a spot in the next round despite being better than their battle opponent?

Not meaning they deserved a steal, not meaning it was "dead even"... meaning they were better and deserved the win, period.

My thoughts:

S18: N/A (Although Kailey Abel would be close... that song just did nothing for either of them)

S17: Josie Jones, Injoy Fountain, Mendeleyev (imo they all did better than Kat, Alex, and Preston)

S15: Erika Zade, Emily Hough (better than Sarah or Reagan - I would've supported a steal/save for Sarah though) 

S13: Ignatious Carmouche (thought he was much better than Eric)

S10: Mike Schiavo (deserved the win more than Caroline)

S9: Lyndsey Elm (Self-explanatory)

S7: Maiya Sykes, Amanda Lee Peers (Maiya ofc; Amanda >>>> TJW and I will die on this hill.)

S6: ROUND 2: Ddendyl, Clarissa Serna (Ddendyl > Deja, but Clarissa Serna's one of the worst robberies on the show's history.)

S3: Jordan Pruitt (one of the first real unfair wins I saw in this show was Adriana Louise's... but the battle was pretty awful to begin with)

Edited by Someone648

S18: None

S17: Injoy Fountain, Mendeleyev

S16: Mikaela Astel, Cecily Hennigan

S15: Mercedes Ferreira-Dias, Emily Hough

S14: Livia Faith (Shoutout to Shana Halligan tho - one of my fav auditions ever. Think Christiana outsang her, but she 100% earned a steal)

S13: Meagan McNeal

S12: Sammie Zonana, Kawan DeBose, Gabby Borromeo

S11: None

S10: Mike Schiavo

S9: Krista Hughes, Lyndsey Elm

S8: Gabriel Wolfchild

S7: Maiya Sykes

S6: If we're counting the Round 2 Battles, Clarissa Serna, Cary Laine (I wanted to like Sam so bad but every performance she had was so pitchy)

Edited by indii

I wrote in the perspective they should have won OR should have lost, but then been stolen (W- Should Have Won S- Should Have Lost Be then Stolen)

S4: Jessica Childress (W)

S5: Timyra Joi (S), Donna Allen (S), Matt Cermanksi (W)

S6: Tanner James (S), Cary Laine (W)

S7: Maiya Sykes (W), Brittany Butler (W)

S8: Noelle Bybee (S, Better Jessie Pitts), Briar Jahnee (S)
S9: Celeste Betton (W, but then she got the coaches comeback so kinda), Sydney Rhame (S), Cassandra Robertson (W)
S10: Natalie Yaccovazzi (W), Ayanna Jahnee (S)
S12: Nala Price (W), Valerie Ponzio (S)

S13: Ignacious Carmouche (W)
S14: Genesis Diaz (S), Molly Stevens (W), Livia Faith (W), Hannah Gobel (W, I was devastated about Hannah dropping out, go listen to the studio version, it would have been one of the best battles ever)
S15: Kayley Hill (S), Mercedes Dias (W), Foushee (S), Mikele Buck (S), Natalie Brady (W)
S16: Rizzi Myers (W), LiLI Joy (W)
S17: Injoy Fountain (W), Brennan Lassiter (W)

S18: Kailey Abel (W)

The ones in bold are ones I got pretty upset about.

S18: Kailey Abel

S17: Mendeleyev

S16: Cecily Hennigan, Rizzi Myers, Mikaela Astel

S15: Natalie Brady, Rachel Messer, Kayley Hill

S14: Livia Faith

S13: Ignatious Carmouche, Sophia Bollman

1 minute ago, QueenMae16 said:

S16 Battles had AWFUL eliminations, like no one was beating Maelyn, but Cecily, Mikaela, Lili, Rizzi would have made the X-Battles much better. 

Just based from what we heard before Xbattles, Cecily, Rizzi, and Mikaela were all Top 12 material. 

Instead we got Carter, Celia, Kim and Gyth.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

S16 Battles had AWFUL eliminations, like no one was beating Maelyn, but Cecily, Mikaela, Lili, Rizzi would have made the X-Battles much better. 

Blake got so much praise when he turned for Kendra, Lili and Cecily (who were all great, dont get me wrong), but eliminated all of them right away. We all joke about it but Kelly is the only one who takes one chair turns seriously at this point

Edited by antikid
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, antikid said:

Blake got so much praise when he turned for Kendra, Lili and Cecily (who were all great, dont get me wrong), but eliminated all of them right away. We all joke about it but Kelly is the only one who takes one chair turns seriously at this point

Seriously though! Kendra, LiLi, and Cecily were all phenomenal one chairs who should've gone further! (didn't list em because Kendra got stolen, LiLi's wasn't aired so I can't judge, even with that tragic song choice, and Cecily/Selkii felt pretty even although I prefer Cecily overall).

2 hours ago, thevoiceswimmer said:

I wrote in the perspective they should have won OR should have lost, but then been stolen (W- Should Have Won S- Should Have Lost Be then Stolen)

S4: Jessica Childress (W)

S5: Timyra Joi (S), Donna Allen (S), Matt Cermanksi (W)

S6: Tanner James (S), Cary Laine (W)

S7: Maiya Sykes (W), Brittany Butler (W)

S8: Noelle Bybee (S, Better Jessie Pitts), Briar Jahnee (S)
S9: Celeste Betton (W, but then she got the coaches comeback so kinda), Sydney Rhame (S), Cassandra Robertson (W)
S10: Natalie Yaccovazzi (W), Ayanna Jahnee (S)
S12: Nala Price (W), Valerie Ponzio (S)

S13: Ignacious Carmouche (W)
S14: Genesis Diaz (S), Molly Stevens (W), Livia Faith (W), Hannah Gobel (W, I was devastated about Hannah dropping out, go listen to the studio version, it would have been one of the best battles ever)
S15: Kayley Hill (S), Mercedes Dias (W), Foushee (S), Mikele Buck (S), Natalie Brady (W)
S16: Rizzi Myers (W), LiLI Joy (W)
S17: Injoy Fountain (W), Brennan Lassiter (W)

S18: Kailey Abel (W)

For myself, adding the people who I think deserved steals but didn't list above bc the battle was bad or they had a worthy battle partner (since everyone I put above already deserved a steal in my book):

S18: Kailey Abel

S17: Dane & Stephanie

S16: Cecily Hennigan, LiLi Joy

S15: OneUp, Natalie Brady, Kayley Hill

S14: Shana Halligan, Genesis Diaz, Livia Faith

S13: Meagan McNeal, Sophia Bollman

S12: Gaby Borromeo, Sammie Zonana, Lauryn Judd

S11: Gabriel Violett

S10: N/A

S9: Manny Cabo, Cassandra Robertson, Chase Kerby

S8: Noelle Bybee

S7: Kelli Douglas, Brittany Butler

S6: Paula DeAnda - incl. Round 2: Sam Behymer

S5: Timyra-Joi, Donna Allen, Jacob Poole

S4: Jessica Childress, Jacqui Sandell, Patrick Dodd

Ciara Dumas and Rizzi S16

Mendeleyev S17 

Kailey S18

I dont agree with some mentioned above:

- Injoy Fountain: Yes she deserved a steal but Alex was much better for me, so much pontential, his KO performance was AMAZING

- Genesis Diaz: again, she absolutely deserved a steal for me (Alicia had both of her steals left when she performed) BUT Mia was 1000x times better

- Natali Brady: that was a great battle, so close... but Jake was fantastic! amazing artist he was so robbed that season (I mean Tyke and Steve over him 😡)

People who I think deserved a steal:

S18: Kailey Abel, Brittney Allen

S17: Mendeleyev, Dane & Sthepanie, Caroline Reilly

S16: Rizzi Myers

S15: Natalie Brady, Mercedes Ferreira Dias

S14: Stephanie Skippers, Genesis Diaz, Molly Stevens, 

S13: Brandon Showell

Edited by Feder

4 hours ago, Feder said:

Ciara Dumas and Rizzi S16

Mendeleyev S17 

Kailey S18

I dont agree with some mentioned above:

- Injoy Fountain: Yes she deserved a steal but Alex was much better for me, so much pontential, his KO performance was AMAZING

On what planet?  Even the coaches were stunned by that one.  No way he was better.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rodney said:

On what planet?  Even the coaches were stunned by that one.  No way he was better.

In my opinion, the battle was even. They are both very different stylistically which is why it's so easy to prefer one over the other. Injoy deserved a steal, and if she won, Alex did as well.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

right? mikaela and rizzi were my fav and they're gone just like that. and mikaela is just 15 if im not mistaken and she have to go against first trio in the show history.  that's so frustrating. the voice usa seriously need to introduce all star contestant like the aus one

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, azwige said:

right? mikaela and rizzi were my fav and they're gone just like that. and mikaela is just 15 if im not mistaken and she have to go against first trio in the show history.  that's so frustrating. the voice usa seriously need to introduce all star contestant like the aus one

I certainly agree!  It's long overdue.

Edited by Walker359718
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Parker deserved a steal. Too bad her battle was after all the steals were already used (i think, i honestly don't remember).

Savanna C. also deserved a steal, sl did Durrell (Both of Season 20). It's frustating watching the coaches wasting their steals every season.

• Like 2

Oh dang, forgot this was a thing.

S19: Liam St. John - Ryan Berg was fine but Liam's felt like the superior performance.

S20: Lindsay Joan was miles better than Zae Romeo; Ainae was better than Anna Grace

S21: N/A. Every result seems acceptable here.