Most Undeserving Battle Eliminations

Someone648

I’m going to stick to only one or two per season. Some seasons were more

S21- Parker McKay (Because I would have personally picked her as the winner). Can’t complain about any steals or saves though

S20- Lindsay Joan, Durrell Anthony (A lot of the steals and saves were misused)

S18- Kailey Abel

S17- Cory Jackson (I thought he was more interesting than Zach, and he did well both times. Not to mention Team Blake was weak that season) 

S16- Trey Rose and Rizzi Myers (Deserved steals)

S15- Natalie Brady (I don’t know how the loser of Steve/Anthony got a steal instead)

S14- Genesis Diaz (Deserved a steal. At least she did better on La Voz)

S13- Sophia Bollman, Ignatious Carmouche (Sophia deserved a steal for keeping up with Brooke and Ignatious should have won his)

S9- Manny Cabo (Deserved a steal, and I also loved his audition)

S7- Maiya Sykes (probably the most confusing battle elimination of all time. She didn’t do anything wrong in her blind or battle, outsung her partner and didn’t even get a steal for some reason).

Don’t remember a lot of these

S21: thought TCS and Parker were even whereas Jack edged out Sabrina a bit, so I would say Jack. Tommy, KJ, and Wyatt (probably since he sounded great in the clip and the sources loved him) all should have moved on but got poor song choices or were just not favored.

S20: Def Lindsay Joan. She was better than Zae, who’s run was inconsistent. I would have liked to see Halley, Durrell, and Aaron advance, but Gihanna and Zania were deserved winners and Lindsay was more robbed than Aaron.

S19: Nobody here was robbed, but Rio and Liam should have definitely moved on in some way, and some of the steals, saves, and winners were questionable.

EDIT: I forgot to add, but I think Bradley and Ainae both should have won their battles just based on their performances. That being said, Anna’s KO and PO were both amazing.

Edited by Anybody354

most undeserving each season since season 18

season 19- Brittany Allen: her voice was just to good to be eliminated in the battles 

Season 19- Liam ST. John- the other guy was good but Liam was way more entertaining and fun to watch

Season 20- Bradley Sinclair- for me he had one of the best voices in the competition and easily won that battle. The reason Nick chose Rachel was just so he can say something like “she’s a one chair turn and for her to make it this far…” which is kind of unfair on Bradly’s end

season 21- Jack Rogan- I loved Sabrina but Jack put his all in and it showed. John has a thing for eliminating young people for some reason

Edited by Discovolcano

Yeah, there´s been a few.

S12: I liked Taylor Alexander. I mean, he turns Cher into a country ballad and delivers on a difficult Billy Joel/Garth Brooks track in what I feel was easily the most underrated battle of the season. (He actually went up against my favorite of the season, Jesse Larson). He would have done well with Minivan, definitely, considering how weak Team Adam was that season voting-wise.

S13: I thought Ignatious Carmouche easily won his battle. I really don´t understand JHud´s plan/decision here, but it is what it is. Sophia Bollman also adcquainted herself quite nicely against a powerful oponent on a great Bob Dylan song, I think she deserved to stay as well.

S14: Honestly, Molly Stevens. I thought she won her battle and her rasp was a treat to listen to. But we all know what happened there, so I´d say things are better off the way they happened.

S15: Kayley Hill. She was toe to toe against Kameron in what I believe is the most underrated battle of the season. It appears this one was taped late, which sucks, because I believe both deserved to advance. Same goes for Natalie Brady on her battle against Jake. Would have been nice to have had her around for some rock.

S16: Trey Rose stepped it up big time on his battle, to the point where I geniuenly believe he deserved a steal. Cecily Hannigan killed it on hers as well and deserved to move on. Sadly, I know she was on a late taping and Blake was the only one with a steal.

S17: Mendeleyev, easily the most inexplicable battle loss of S17, and honestly, of all recent seasons in my opinion. Would have loved to watch his journey on the show unfold since he is  such an interesting artist. Sadly Legend didn´t see that. Cory Jackson handily won what I believe was an excellent country battle, and the combination of the dramatic elements of his voice with country would have made for an interesting combination. Would have also been nice to see Steve Knill hang out longer. Dude is a beast, and very versatile too.

S18: Kailey Abel. I´ve gotten a new appreciation for the "What Ifs" battle, and while the song might have not showcased all of her abilities, I thought she deserved to advance. She has a fantastic rasp that could have been interesting to see develop on the show.

S19: Liam St John. Victim of the "last taped battle" curse. He didn´t even get a chance to showcase his blues side, which is what he´s all about. And I thought he won his battle.

S20: Quite a few ones here. Aaron Konzelman sadly had the same fate as Liam, despite performing very well in his battle. I thought AwariAinaeLindsay Joan and Bradley Sinclair handily won their matches, and that Durrell Anthony definitely deserved a steal, but Blake passed on him.

S21: Another one that has a few ones for me. KJ Jennings deserved a steal in my opinion, she handled the song very well and went toe to toe with a chamaleon. I thought both Jack Rogan and Parker McKay won their battles. And I can´t really judge on this one, since the battle wasn´t fully shown, but man, I would have loved to see Wyatt Michael continue on the show. Sucks that he got cut so early.

17 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Trey Rose stepped it up big time on his battle, to the point where I geniuenly believe he deserved a steal.

I forgot about this! Yeahh Trey did amazing in that battle, probably vocally better than Domenic tbh. I still would've chosen Domenic for the uniqueness though, and I don't blame Adam for putting him forward.

Edited by FloorWax

I’m gonna keep it short and just do Season 13 onwards.

S13: Ignatious Carmouche

S14: Stephanie Skipper, Genesis Diaz

S15: Natalie Brady

S16: Mikaela Astel, Rizzi Myers, LiLi Joy, Cecily Hennigan, Trey Rose

S17: Injoy Fountain, Dane & Stephanie, Mendeleyev

S18: Zach Day, Jacob Daniel Murphy, Kailey Abel

S19: Liam St. John, Rio Souma

S20: Lindsay Joan, Durrell Anthony, Bradley Sinclair

S21: KJ Jennings, Parker McKay

Jack definitely beat Sabrina IMO, his improvement from his audition was extremely impressive. I also agree with others that say Wyatt deserved to go farther. I definitely think he was meant to get a steal since he gave a good performance and was in the first taping, but maybe none of the other coaches really wanted someone with his unique/niche style on their team. I also think Carolina deserved to go farther based on how she sounded in the clip we saw of her battle. I don't think Xavier necessarily sounded better than her. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, FloorWax said:

I forgot about this! Yeahh Trey did amazing in that battle, probably vocally better than Domenic tbh. I still would've chosen Domenic for the uniqueness though, and I don't blame Adam for putting him forward.

Agree that vocally speaking, Trey probably won that one. But I would have gone with Domenic too, because there´s really no one like him on the show prior or since then. It´s a shame the audience didn´t appreciate him, or at least he auditioned for the wrong season.

ones in bold made me mad

s21 - Jack Rogan

s20 - Lindsay Joan (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) 

s19 - Liam St. John (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) 

s18 - Kailey Abel

s17 - Mendeleyev, Steve Knill

s16 - Alena D'Amico, Mikaela Astel, Cecily Hannigan, LiLi Joy

s15 - Erika Zade (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), Natalie Brady, Kayley Hill

s14 - Stephanie Skipper, Genesis Diaz