Television Shows Rankdown

Steven_

Jackass
IPB Image
I'm back from my concert, so I can edit this now the way I want. And the show was great, thanks for asking. (!) :santa: Now, Jackass is a reality comedy show that aired on MTV for three seasons. I actually thought it lasted quite a bit longer, and also its three seasons consisted of only 25 episodes. Why did I think there were so many more? :haha: I don't know. The show features a bunch of people doing stunts and playing pranks. The only person I know from the cast is Steve-O, who I really only know because he was on DWTS and I heard of this show there. :haha: This show received some controversy due to its possible encouragement of dangerous behavior. However, it still ended up lending way to several spin-offs, including Wildboyz and Viva La Bam, which I think I heard of. There were also four movies released as part of the franchise, which I had no idea about. Interesting.

This doesn't really seem like a show that would appeal to me, which is one reason that I cut it, as well as the fact that I had very little time to decide. It also has an unpleasant name. :giggle:

Saving: Splitting Up Together

IPB Image

IPB Image

OygsHbM1UCw
(The only good thing about this show is the theme song)

It is my pleasure to cut "The Biggest Loser"; this reality-tv show was first aired on NBC in 2004 until 2016, and recently announced that it would return to USA Network in 2020. The show's host were Caroline Rhea, Allison Sweeney - I assume she was trying to get another job beside Days of Our Lives & Hallmark movies, and Bob Harper in 2016. But this show would not be anything without the trainers - it helped Jillian Michaels & Bob Harper be household name. Their job was to help overweight or obese individuals to lose weight in the hope of winning the cash price for losing the most weight.... The show went to be an international success in more than 30 countries #choices.

Overall, this reality-tv show had its fair share of scandals & controversies. Here some of them: putting entertainment over health, rapid & dangerous weight loss, focus too much on being "skinny" over healthy - hence why many contestants regained all the weights loss, reports that the show drugged contestants to lose weight, many considers the show to be fat-shaming which can explain why many people watched the show as they wanted to feel better about their own size. Anyway, if you are bored and want to read more about the show - you can read this article.

In other words, the show is terrible and it should not have been brought back following their last season in 2016. But that's USA Network for you - they probably want those ratings but they won't be getting them from me!

SAVING: SKIN WAR
Edited by Star*Man

Cristela

IPB Image

I was not familiar with this show, but I see it was a comedy that aired on ABC for one season from October 2014-April 2015 before being cancelled. It was created by stand-up comedian Cristela Alonzo. Along with being the creator she also produced the show and starred in it, which is pretty awesome. The show follows a recent law school graduate who is currently working as an unpaid intern for a law firm while living with her sister, Daniela and her family. The show focuses on the struggles she faces as she navigates her way through a job where she encounters some racism, and a home life where her family has concerns over her chosen career path. The show battled inconsistent ratings before its ultimate cancellation. I read a few articles discussing how disappointed Cristela was in the show’s cancellation, being it was such a personal project to her which is unfortunate :(

Saving: Half & Half

Edited by ~*8Kay8*~

Just Shoot Me!
IPB Image

Just Shoot Me! is a sitcom from the late 90's and early 00's. It barely qualifies for this game and I'm guessing the majority of rankers, myself included, have never seen this. Judging by the poster, I would probably stan Wendie Malick's character. Queen is just exuding power. The show is about a fashion magazine company called Blush that's a spinoff of Vogue. There's Maya, whose the younger girl in the picture, a sassy journalist who attempted to make the magazine and the company more feminist. I would stan her. There's Jack whose the older guy on the right I believe. His personality seems to be just being rich and I wouldn't stan. There's Elliot who I believe is the guy on the left. I read all about him but he's too boring to talk about so we can ignore him. There's Dennis, the David Spade character. He's got a big dick and everyone thought he was gay. This was probably played offensively for late 90's, but we stan. Finally, Nina Van Horn. The bisexual alcoholic goddess played by Wendie Malick. Her partying caused her to die for 12 minutes once :wub: . She is obsessed with her looks and has her plastic surgery on speed dial :wub: . We staaaaaaaaan. But I've still never watched the show lol so I'm cutting it.

Save The Other Two. Didn't know this was considered a sitcom lol or else I would've been concerned about it.

IPB Image
WIFE SWAP

So I actually watch this on YouTube because it is entertaining to me. I don't want to cut it but I literally have no idea which ones are left and if anyone likes the shows I don't know. Anyway, the show is about switching wives of a family with drastic differences like for example, a messy wife and an OCD clean freak wife. It’s really fun to watch and sometimes sad because sometimes stuff like misogyny and racism comes out. I don’t know what the point of the show really is about to be honest but I guess it’s about the wives understanding how other families work socially, culturally, etc. Sounds very sexist to be honest but it entertains me lol.

This is a clip from one of my favourite episodes:
LoWh2uJz3O0

Saving: Drop Dead Diva
IPB Image

I'm guessing the majority of rankers, myself included, have never seen this. Judging by the poster, I would probably stan Wendie Malick's character. Queen is just exuding power.
I watched it back in the day and yes, Wendie Malick's character was the best.