Television Shows Rankdown

Steven_

IPB Image
THE TOY BOX

So I watch a lot of reality shows but never heard of this one. The Toy Box is apparently a reality show where there are child judges who play with the toys presented and they decide which one is the best? Oh, they present it to industry professionals first before the children. That sounded much better and safe. Imagine a child playing with a malfunctioning and dangerous toy, lol. And then I guess the winner will get to sell their toys in Toys R Us. But after Toys R Us announced that all US and U.K. operations would be going out of business, the show was cancelled without any announcement. I mean I guess that makes sense because the winner’s toy will be sold exclusively in their store so the announcement was not needed. And also, it’s not like it’s such a very well-known and liked show. Anyway, that’s more than a hundred words so bye bye.

Saving: Arthur (the only one left I kinda know)

IPB Image

After its success in the UK, Simon Cowell decided to bring X-Factor to the USA - he was probably hoping that it would find a similar success as American Idol, which was not the case. The show started to air in 2011 while it ended in 2013 after 3 seasons. Overall, the show was a hot mess compare to the UK version - no real star was truly found while some of the coaches did not know how to mentor & some iconic elimination. In other words, the show failed to live up to its expectations hence why I am cutting it plus there's the UK & Australia version still in this. So now let's do a quick overview of each season.

SEASON 1

IPB Image

The panel of the 1st season was composed of Simon Cowell, L.A. Reid, Paula Abdul, and Nicole Scherzinger who replaced Cheryl Cole - Cheryl Cole created the buzz and caused many rumours as to why she was kicked off. And the series had a meh host compare to Dermot O'Leary. It felt quite condensed at first but it quickly found its groove despite not having standout contestants beside Melanie Amaro - never forget that she was originally cut then brought back which led her to win. The category were quite weak - my favourites were easily Lakoda Rayne, Melanie Amaro, and Queen Rachel Crowe. And now, let's look at one of the most iconic moment ever - it's known as Rachel Crow's elimination;

hq59-4EmSsw

SEASON 2:

IPB Image

The 2nd season saw some changes - the new hosts of the show would be Mario Lopez & Khloé Kardashian, in hopes that it would bring up their ratings. And the judging panel welcomed Demi Lovato & Britney Spears - I actually stan them as judges as they both gave us iconic gif worthy moments. This is also the season that was more mainstream, I would say - Jillian Jensen's audition going viral, Queen Cece Frey defying all the odds and making it to 6th place, some excellent vocalists in Diamond White & Carly Rose Sonenclar, and some questionably eliminations which can also describe the winner. On top of that, there was also some drama filled during the group scene & some iconic performances like Carly & Leann Rimes' duet. Overall, this season is probably the one that is the most successful with its contestants such as Bea Miller and Fifth Harmony - I thought that was why it was nominated to only find out that it was randomized. Anyway, let's take a look at some of the most memorable moments of the season;

BmUL72dIbTA n82yubnakFA

XDJSQCiD-wY qiidzhOTOiQ

SEASON 3:

IPB Image

The finale season of XFactor US saw some changes, once again - Mario Lopez would return as the sole host while the mentors were Demi Lovato, Simon Cowell, Kelly Rowland, and Paulina Rubio. This season was marked by Paulina being a hot mess of a mentor. The contestants on this season could all have won - Rachel Potter, Lillie McCloud, Ellona Santiago, Rion Page, Restless Road who all gave Kelly Rowland's a heartattack, and Alex & Sierra. The season was dominated by Alex & Sierra who delivered incredible performances, week after week. Like the other seasons, here's some memorable moments;

LVVH1R6ED6g hLQx2WDu4OU

SAVING: HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER

And updated!

Okay. :hug: Ah I see, that makes sense. Me tooo... although I guess I'd have to pay for Starz or find online somewhere, so not sure. :haha: I only make expectations for some shows to watch on my computer these days. :giggle:

IPB Image

Ahhh yeah. Oooh ugh yeah same. >.

Lmaoo that is very fitting. :haha:

As I expected they were. :haha:

Would you expect anything else? :devil:

Of course. :dead:

I would be shocked if that wasn't the case. :haha:

IPB Image

The gays win this one.

Aww yeah I remember hearing so much buzz about tat episode and watched it. :bye2: It was a very nice plot and the first Arthur episode I had watched in years.

I watched the the only season and it's not drama though :dead: It's more like Quantico as a show.

Oooh ok so like an action/thriller/suspense type show? :haha: I saw it listed under Comedies and was like "this doesn't feel right." :lol:

You should know what show I am referring to. :giggle:

IPB Image

I'm drawing a blank and can't think of it now. Although I'm sure I do know it. :haha:

Lmao you're having fun with these Schooled gifs here. :haha:

Oooh ok so like an action/thriller/suspense type show? :haha: I saw it listed under Comedies and was like "this doesn't feel right." :lol:

I'm drawing a blank and can't think of it now. Although I'm sure I do know it. :haha:

Lmao you're having fun with these Schooled gifs here. :haha:

That's how I feel about Jane the Virgin under sitcoms, although it's a drama/comedy mix. I always think of sitcoms as half hour comedies.

The show that's ~not my type~ except how it also is. :wub::giggle:

IPB Image

:dead: I don't really look at the categories anymore but the organisation Steven did was class :wub:

Thanks for catching that! :thumbs: It's definitely not a comedy. :haha:

:dead: I don't really look at the categories anymore but the organisation Steven did was class :wub:

Thanks!

That's how I feel about Jane the Virgin under sitcoms, although it's a drama/comedy mix. I always think of sitcoms as half hour comedies.

The show that's ~not my type~ except how it also is. :wub::giggle:

IPB Image

Ahh yeah I feel the same on JtV too and hour long comedy/drama types but I understand how it can be listed under comedy. Ooh there's Gilmore Girls too, but I don't watch that show soo I don't know. Always thought that was a drama.

Lmaooo I'm so the worst right now cause I still don't know. :dead:

:haha:

Yeah that would better. Definitely not a comedy. :haha:

For sure! :haha:

Completely agree on this! :yes:

Thanks for catching that! :thumbs: It's definitely not a comedy. :haha:

Ah yeah no problem!

Ahh yeah I feel the same on JtV too and hour long comedy/drama types but I understand how it can be listed under comedy. Ooh there's Gilmore Girls too, but I don't watch that show soo I don't know. Always thought that was a drama.

Lmaooo I'm so the worst right now cause I still don't know. :dead:

:haha:

Yes, glad we are on the same page with these. :haha:

IPB Image

:teehee:

(!) THIS IS THE OFFICIAL ONE. MY WRITE-UP FOR MY #5 (BUT RANKED #4 BECAUSE OF REASONS...) DISNEY MOVIE OF ALL-TIME, THE LITTLE MERMAID HAS BEEN COMPLETED. (!)

THE LITTLE MERMAID

IPB Image

Is it me or is that gif of Ariel over-sexualized? I mean go off Ariel and I'm all about women being confident in their bodies but this is a children's film. :dead: Ariel might be the sexiest Disney Princess; it's either between her or Jasmine. Jasmine excuse natural sexiness though and I think Ariel is supposed to what 15 years old in this film? Awkward. I still love her though. I love the movie Aladdin more than The Little Mermaid although my ranking does not reflect that. I love Ariel more than Jasmine though because her song is iconic. How did this write-up start off so weird? :dead: Ariel is that bitch and the people complaining about a black Arier can choke. She's a literal mermaid; you know a mermaid isn't real, right? It doesn't matter what race she is. Ariel is my Baby Spice of the Princesses and Belle is my Ginger Spice. Even if Ariel's hair is red. Where is this write-up going? I have no idea. Belle, Ariel and Jasmine are the Charlie's Angels of the Disney Princesses. This write-up just keeps getting weirder and weirder. Let's talk about the film know.

The Little Mermaid is a 1989 American animated musical romantic fantasy film produced by Walt Disney Feature Animation and Walt Disney Pictures. It's the 28th Disney animated feature film and first film in The Little Mermaid franchise. The film is loosely based on the Danish fairy tale of the same name by Hans Christian Andersen. I think everyone knows how this story goes, but I guess I will go into further detail. The film tells the story of a mermaid named Ariel who dreams of being a human after falling in love with one named Eric. The film was written and directed b Ron Clements and John Musker, with music by the ICONIC Alan Menken and Howard Ashman. Tthe film features the voices of Jodi Benson, Christopher Daniel Barnes, Pat Carroll, Samuel E. Wright, Jason Marin, Kenneth Mars, Buddy Hackett, and René Auberjonois. Jodi Benson is a Disney legend and you will stan. :wub:

Okay, so I lied before. Ariel is actually 16 years old. Does that make her of legal age under the sea? I don't know the laws of the sea. Anyway, Ariel is a mermaid princess who lives in the kingdom of Atlantica. Atlantica is a fantasy kingdom in the Atlantic Ocean. She is fascinated by the human world above. Ariel and her best friend Flounder collect human artifacts in her grotto and she often goes to the surface of the ocean to visit Scuttle, a seagull who offers very inaccurate knowledge of humans. King Triton, who is Ariel's father and the rule of Atlantica, has warned Ariel about human, but she ignores his warnings. Sebastian, a crab who serves as Triton's adviser and court composer has also warned her that contact between merpeople and humans is forbidden. Ariel does not listen because she is curious about humans.

wBFU7aMnrNg
"Daughters of Triton" which Ariel misses out on.

On the day Ariel and her sisters Andrina, Arista, Adela and Alana, Aquata and Attina are to do a musical number for King Triton and the people of Atlantic, Ariel and Flounder are out finding human artifacts and Ariel misses the performance entirely upsetting her father greatly. Ariel and Flounder get attacked by a shark. SHE RISKED HER LIFE FOR.A FORK. :dead: AMAZING. I wonder of that was Bruce before he was reformed and decided that fish were friends and not food. :giggle: They manage to escape and Ariel calls Flounder a guppy which I guess is an insult under the sea. Ariel and Flounder show Scuttle what they found, a fork, and Scuttle says that humans use straighten out their hair. :dead: He deems it a dinglehopper. They also show him a holding pipe which Scuttle calls a snarfblat. He says it creates music which makes Ariel remember the concert she missed. Ariel and Flounder leave in a hurry and we meet Ursula who is spying on Ariel with the use of her two eels. Ursula is bitter she was banished from Atlantica. She instructs her two eels to keep an eye on Ariel as she feels she is the key back to getting herself back into Atlantica. We know see King Triton and Sebastian arguing on what to do with Ariel. Ariel is apologetic but after Flounder explained what happened it's revealed that Ariel went to the surface again. The King punishes her and forbids her from going to the surface ever again. King Triton has his reasons for being so hard on her and in the process makes Sebastian her official keeper. Sebastian follows Ariel and Flounder to their hidden spot where Ariel keeps all her her human artifacts. And thus this song was born...

SXKlJuO07eM
"Part of Your World" is the iconic song from this film and a big reason people love this movie. The Little Mermaid being the first film of the Disney Renaissance era was my favorite Disney Princes at one point, but that all chanced in 1991.

5Keal_UfT6o
"Part of Your World" (Reprise)

After Ariel finishes her big number; Sebastian has accidentally revolted himself and the fact that he has found her secret hideaway. He his irate and worries would her father would do if he ever found this place. It's just then that Ariel says the bottom of a boat and she floats to the surface and comes face to face with Prince Eric. I've always wondered how he was a Prince tbh. Grimsby, Eric's valet, bestows him with his birthday gift which is a statue of Prince Eric. :dead: Grimsby states how he wishes there was a wife attached and he wants Eric to settle down. Eric said he hasn't found the one yet but when he does it will hit him like lightening. A story starts to brew and the boat catches fire. Grimsby, Max and everyone services while the boat explodes. The Prince Eric falls off the boat and Ariel rescued Prince Eric as she reprises "Part of Your World". Eric who has come to believes a beautiful girl saved his life with an exquisite voice. It is there that Ariel is determined to became part of his world much to the delight of Ursula. Ursula is going to use this as motivation to ruin King Triton by messing with his youngest daughter, Ariel. Ursula wants to make Ariel apart of her collection. :devil:

GC_mV1IpjWA
Sebastian tries to reason with Ariel with the number "Under the Sea".

1E8P_IAZlHk
King Triton destroys all of her human treasures. :(

Ariel is head over hells in love with Prince Eric and Arie's sisters notice which bring it to King Triton's attention. Sebastian worried the King will find out tries to reason with her with "Under the Sea". :bobo: I love this song too. Ariel has not taking his advice because as soon as the number is over Ariel has left. King Triton summons Sebastian and he thinks it's because Ariel is in love with a merman. Sebastian thinks King Triton is talking about the human and he spills his guts. :fear: Meanwhile, Flounder found the statue of Prince Eric and gifted it to Ariel. Ariel is ecstatic but that is short-lived when King Triton finds her hideaway and when Ariel says she loves him, King Triton destroys all her human artifacts including the statue of Prince Eric. She is left crying wanting to be left alone. The eels come to Ariel's aide with a proposal; a chance to be with Prince Eric forever. She would she to work with Ursula, the sea witch and she refuses. She changes her mind when she says the remains of the Prince's statue. She follows the eels and when Sebastian tries to stop her she brushes him off. Flounder and Sebastian follow her as well.

Gi58pN8W3hY
Ursula is very convincing while singing her anthem "Poor Unfortunate Souls". Ursula did that. :* "DON'T UNDERESTIMATE THE IMPORTANT USE OF BODY LANGUAGE". :devil:

Ursula offers her help but it comes at a price of course. When you deal with a sea witch nothing if free. She goes over her proposal with "Poor Unfortunate Souls". She tells Ariel she helps people in need. She explains when they can't pay the price their are consequences. So the deal is Ursula will make Ariel a human for 3 days and he must have a kiss of true love with Prince Eric before the sun sets on the third day. She explains that if she can't make that happen than Ariel goes back to a mermaid and belongs to her but if she can then she stays a mermaid forever. Choices, choices. The subject of payment of is Arie's voice. Ariel wonders without her voice but Ursula says "DON'T UNDERESTIMATE THE USE OF BODY LANGAUGE!" Sebastian and Flounder try to stop her but Ariel signs on the bottom line and it's done.

c6L_QQz_5J8
"Ahhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhhh aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!" :bobo:

nr2RTfBHo1g
Ariel becomes human in the name of love but she doesn't have her voice.

Sebastian agrees to help Ariel find Eric much to his disagreement. It's then that Max realizes Ariel and begins to bark at her. This catches Eric's attention and he realizes it's the girl who saved him. He ask her name but she can't speak so he decides it's not her after all. Eric takes Ariel back to his place to get her fixed up. Eric is still determined to find and marry that girl not realizing her has already found her. While at dinner Ariel uses a fork as a comb which is one of my favorite scenes. :dead: It turns out they are having crab for dinner and that spells trouble for Sebastian. Sebastian manages to escape Chef Louis.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Those scenes were always funny to me. The song Chef Louis sings reminds me "Be Out Guest" even though The Little Mermaid came out first. :haha: Grimsby suggest Eric takes on a tour of his kingdom tomorrow which Ariel agrees too. Sebastian gives Ariel tips on how to get Eric to kiss tomorrow on the boat ride. Back at the sea King Triton has everyone looking for Ariel, Sebastian and Flounder. He blames his actions for their disappearance. With one day left Flounder, Sebastian and Scuttle go into overdrive to get this kiss to happen. Scuttle starts to clean but Sebastian gets the music ready for "Kiss the Girl". :wub: Sebastian and the sea life try their hardest but Ursula's eels intervine and it doesn't happen. He does found out her name though.

TrRbB-qUJfY
Sebastian did that; the little crab cupid thingy. :*

Ursula not happy with how close Ariel and Eric were to kissing she takes matters into her own hands. Back at the palace Eric finds himself falling in love with Ariel and gives up the idea of the girl who saved him until Ursela disguised as Vanessa with Ariel's voice. Ursula casts a hypnotic enchantment on Eric to make him forget about Ariel. The next day, Ariel discovers that Eric will be married to Vanessa. Scuttle discovers Vanessa's true identity is Ursula and informs Ariel who immediately pursues to stop the wedding. Sebastian informs Triton and Scuttle disrupts the wedding with the help of various sea animals. In al of this chaos the shell storing Ariel's voice that was around Ursula's neck is destroyed. That restores Ariel's voice and breaks Ursula's enchantment over Eric. Eric realized that Ariel is the girl who saved his life and Eric rushes to kiss her, but the sunsets and Ariel transforms back into a mermaid. Ursula then kidnaps Ariel. Triton confronts Ursula and demands Ariel's release, but the deal is inviolable. At Ursula's urging, Triton agrees to take Ariel's place as Ursula's prisoner giving up his trident. Ariel is released as Triton transforms into a polyp and loses his authority over Atlantica. Ursula declares herself the new ruler, but before she can use the trident, Eric comes and intervenes with a harpoon. Ursula attempts to kill Eric, but Ariel intervenes, causing Ursula to inadvertently kill Flotsam and Jetsam. Enraged, Ursula uses the trident to grow to a monstrous size.

SHHH3K-FhS8
Ursula disguised as Vanessa plans to foil Ariel's plan to take over the sea.

[YOUTUBE]zDGrSgTKEuw[/YOUTUBE]
Eric kills Ursula in the epic final showdown.

Ariel and Eric reunite on the surface just before Ursula grows past and towers over them. She then gains full control of the entire ocean and creates a storm and bringing sunken ships to the surface. Just as Ursula is about to destroy Ariel with the trident, Eric steers a wrecked ship towards Ursula which impales her with its splintered bowsprit and killing her. Ursula is dead so Triton and the other polyps in Ursula's garden revert to their original forms. Realizing that Ariel truly loves Eric, Triton willingly changes her from a mermaid into a human permanently and approves her marriage to Eric. Ariel and Eric marry on a ship and depart. HOW ROMANTIC. :wub:

TDX87iJEL8M
King Triton realizing how much they love each other turns Ariel into a human to be with Prince Eric. :wub:

The Little Mermaid was released to theaters on November 17, 1989 to critical acclaim garnering $84 million at the domestic box office during its initial release and $233 million in total lifetime gross worldwide. The movie cost $40 million to make. The Little Mermaid is given credit for breathing life back into the art of Disney animated feature films after a string of critical or commercial failures produced by Disney that dated back to the early 1970s. It also marked the start of the era known as the Disney Renaissance. The film won two Academy Awards for Best Original Score and Best Original Song ("Under the Sea"). Not "Part of Your World"? Choices. There have been many versions of The Little Mermaid songs so I'll post some here. The voice casting is amazing because Jodi Benson is a Disney legend at this point and Ursula who was voiced by Pat Carroll was based on drag queen, Divine.

TWjRySOKpyE
My favorite take on "Under the is by Raven-Symoné

gVzgZz2hapE
Ashley Tisdale with a different tank on "Kiss the Girl".

UKfElKVcaPw
Jessica Simpson's version of "Part of Your World". We don't acknowledge the CRJ version. :x

The film's success lead to a stage adaptation with a book by Doug Wright and additional songs by Alan Menken and new lyricist Glenn Slater opened in Denver in July 2007 and began performances on Broadway January 10, 2008. As of February 2007, the album is certified 6x Platinum by the RIAA. Slay, Ariel. The film played shortly in 3D format for a limited engagement in 2013. The film has been releases on many outlets like VHS, DVD, Blu-ray Diamond Edition and Walt Disney Signature Collection in honor of the film's 30th anniversary. The film has had live presentations at the Hollywood Bowl. Aladdin and Beauy and the Beast have had similar engagements as well. The film has a 93% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes and ushered in the Disney Renaissance era.

rfBfuR8Jiqw
Queen Latifah doing THAT and she should have been cast in the live-action version that's upcoming. :*

On August 5, 2019, it was announced that the project had been revived to mark the 30th anniversary of the film's original release, and would be aired on November 5, 2019. Auli'i Cravalho, Queen Latifah and Shaggy starred as Ariel, Ursula and Sebastian respectively. Other cast members included John Stamos as Chef Louis and Graham Phillips as Prince Eric. The special featured performances of songs from the film and its Broadway adaptations in a themed "dive-in theater" setting at the Disney lot accompanied by the film itself. It was produced by Done and Dusted, with director-executive producer Hamish Hamilton and executive producer Richard Kraft. Amber Riley portrayed Emcee, the lead singer of the song "Daughters of Triton" and Jodi Benson introduced the special. :wub: I have yet to watch it but I thinK will do so after this write-up. ^_^ Ariel, like all the Disney Princesses made an appearance in 2018's Ralph Breaks The Internet. To conclude the write-up I'll discuss the upcoming live-action version. A live-action version of The Little Mermaid is scheduled for production in 2020. Alan Menken would return as the film's composer and write new songs alongside Lin-Manuel Miranda, who will also co-produce the movie with Marc Platt. Rob Marshall is officially hired as director for the film. In the following month, Melissa McCarthy, Jacob Tremblay, and Nora "Awkwafina" Lum entered early negotiations to portray Ursula, Flounder, and a gender-swapped Scuttle, respectively. I'm not sure if Melissa is officially announced but I hope not. Halle Bailey was cast in the starring role as Ariel which made the racist seethe. :wub: Harry Styles turned the role of Prince Eric and instead Hauer-King was officially cast in the role. Daveed Diggs was also revealed to be in talks to voice Sebastian but they should just stick with Shaggy. :giggle: They are keeping the music aspect of which makes me excited because Ariel and The Little Mermaid was my favorite before 1991. Ariel is second favorite Disney Princess though even though I prefer Aladdin as a film. The Little Mermaid had an animated series that I loved. It was a prequel series and it ran in 1992. The film also spawned to direct-to-video sequel titled The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea which was released in 2000. The plot focuses on Ariel's daughter, Melody, who longs to be a part of the ocean world.:dead: The irony. The second direct-to-video prequel titled The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning, was released in 2008. That film is set before the original and explain why Triton is the way he is. I love this film and series and I'm glad Ariel finally got to be apart of out world. <3

IPB Image