American Idol Unpopular Opinions Thread

countrynineteen

Emmy's performance on Monday was only memorable for the novelty factor of singing her grandmother's song. It was good by her standards but still one of the weaker performances of the night. Like every song she chooses it was a very easy song with a 1 octave range and she still struggled with pitch. She should've been in the bottom 2 instead of Kaibrienne (well actually Tristan should've been but that was never gonna happen lol)

• Like 4
  • Confused 4

On 5/3/2024 at 5:18 PM, BrokenHearted said:

Emmy's performance on Monday was only memorable for the novelty factor of singing her grandmother's song. It was good by her standards but still one of the weaker performances of the night. Like every song she chooses it was a very easy song with a 1 octave range and she still struggled with pitch. She should've been in the bottom 2 instead of Kaibrienne (well actually Tristan should've been but that was never gonna happen lol)

Both her and Triston should go this week. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Actually i appreciate that Emmy finally sang with some emotion because she has sang with zero emotion in those previous three round. That's my biggest issue with her, that she sings songs that are heavily emotionally charged but i don't feel anything from her. But obviously she was gonna have an special connection with a song by her grandmother, and she did great job. Unlike others, i actually loved the performance.

With that said, good luck singing Adele, she is gonna need it :ph34rwave:

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 5

The endless posts here complaining about country singers outlasting the others (especially last night) are more annoying than the actual country contestants making it far every year.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Elliott said:

The endless posts here complaining about country singers outlasting the others (especially last night) are more annoying than the actual country contestants making it far every year.

Truth.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Truth.

ABC: *realizes American Idol makes more in brand association and revenue from tying it into CMA Fest every summer*

Also ABC: *casts more and more country/country-adjacent contestants since their two most successful alumni have been country*

This forum:

disney rage GIF

If people are really bothered by how the show is nowadays, just stop watching. That's what I did when The Voice years ago. 🤷‍♂️

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Elliott said:

ABC: *realizes American Idol makes more in brand association and revenue from tying it into CMA Fest every summer*

Also ABC: *casts more and more country/country-adjacent contestants since their two most successful alumni have been country*

This forum:

disney rage GIF

If people are really bothered by how the show is nowadays, just stop watching. That's what I did when The Voice years ago. 🤷‍♂️

I have to wait in that Cmafest line this year to meet Emmy our country music adjacent Queen.

At least on The Voice forums they seemed to have reached the acceptance stage of grief about their country music overlords. 

Edited by QueenKalie

Posted (edited)

i used to be a country music hater, but thanks to a combination of many of my friends listening to country (as well as Idol/The Voice playing a factor) i've learned to appreciate it more. i don't like bro-country on Idol, but is it fun when it comes on at a party? yes tbh.

if any IDF members who dislike country want an easy/accesible introduction along IDF's typical tastes, listen to "Golden Hour" by Kacey Musgraves and "Cowboy Carter" by Beyoncé. i'm well aware these albums are not peak country music lol, but they can at least pave the way towards learning to appreciate the basics of the genre while also maintaining mainstream pop elements.

Edited by m1key

26 minutes ago, m1key said:

i used to be a country music hater, but thanks to a combination of many of my friends listening to country (as well as Idol/The Voice playing a factor) i've learned to appreciate it more. i don't like bro-country on Idol, but is it fun when it comes on at a party? yes tbh.

if any IDF members who dislike country want an easy/accesible introduction along IDF's typical tastes, listen to "Golden Hour" by Kacey Musgraves and "Cowboy Carter" by Beyoncé. i'm well aware these albums are not peak country music lol, but they can at least pave the way towards learning to appreciate the basics of the genre while also maintaining mainstream pop elements.

I second the Kacey Musgraves recommendation. I'm not much of a country fan myself, but ended up buying her Golden Hour album after watching her perform at Coachella years ago.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Luke Bryan is the best ABC judge.

Lionel is very sweet, but way too cheesy, and a lot of what he says makes no sense.

Katy Perry is hit or miss for me. She'll give solid advice from time to time but most of it is "sing louder" for non-powerhouse singers.. also her antics are so over-the-top.

i find luke to be the most sincere and "least" cringy of the 3. Not that he doesnt have his moments ofc.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hsamid said:

Luke Bryan is the best ABC judge.

Lionel is very sweet, but way too cheesy, and a lot of what he says makes no sense.

Katy Perry is hit or miss for me. She'll give solid advice from time to time but most of it is "sing louder" for non-powerhouse singers.. also her antics are so over-the-top.

i find luke to be the most sincere and "least" cringy of the 3. Not that he doesnt have his moments ofc.

Luke has also been very supportive of s19 winner Chayce Beckham since his journey on the show ended.