The Voice 17 ● Live Top 10 Eliminations ● Discussion

istersay

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

John's team is intact in the semis. It's like last year, when the new coach's team (Team Kelly) remained intact in the semis. :whistling:

John bugs, but I'd rather Katie won than Jake (although won't happen)

Anywaze. If Ricky, Rose and Katie are in the top 4-with Jake-it'll be a good ending to yet another crappy season. mo.

I can't believe kat got more votes than Marybeth. not that I don't think kat is good. it's just that with the typical voters, I expected them to love Marybeth and not support kat

The power of Team Blake! Maybe she’ll even snag a PV and knock Katie or Jake out! Stranger things have happened.

I can't believe kat got more votes than Marybeth. not that I don't think kat is good. it's just that with the typical voters, I expected them to love Marybeth and not support kat

Kats run on this show was so shocking in such a good way! She’s the type to get eliminated in the battles and she’s still in it

I agree. But it is possible that Will and HS take those spots imo

Honestly i feel like people have been overestimating Marybeth and underestimating Hello Sunday. Marybeth would have to give the performance of a lifetime and I don't think she is capable. Plus, I think they will actually bus her next week and not the imaginary bus people are talking about this week.

If Kat were not on Team Blake I think you'd be right

ta-dah!

Kats run on this show was so shocking in such a good way! She’s the type to get eliminated in the battles and she’s still in it

She's TB and the little girl next door.

Finally getting around to commenting. Marybeth clearly didn't deserve to be in the bottom 3 but it wasn't shocking given how much production meddled with things to get that to happen. She stepped up in that instant save scenario and wiped the floor with Joanna and Shane. Having half the vote in a 3 way vote is very impressive and well deserved since that was a very beautiful performance. Robe will be very proud of her. :wub:

Honestly i feel like people have been overestimating Marybeth and underestimating Hello Sunday. Marybeth would have to give the performance of a lifetime and I don't think she is capable. Plus, I think they will actually bus her next week and not the imaginary bus people are talking about this week.

I think the problem is Marybeth is good, but that means John Legend has too many people still strong. I think they are trying to weaken his team and spread the wealth. imo Katie is the Best of ALL (not into Will, but I understand he has an appeal). If you watch John, he never really pushed Marybeth, but he stands the whole time for his other two. But No way Kat is anywhere that good to still be around. She butchered one of my favorite songs (Shania Twain) and I don't say that lightly.

If I had my choice, it would be Katie, Marybeth, Hoot or Ricky and Rose (but I don't think Marybeth has a strong enough following).

Finally getting around to commenting. Marybeth clearly didn't deserve to be in the bottom 3 but it wasn't shocking given how much production meddled with things to get that to happen. She stepped up in that instant save scenario and wiped the floor with Joanna and Shane. Having half the vote in a 3 way vote is very impressive and well deserved since that was a very beautiful performance. Robe will be very proud of her. :wub:

Yes, other than last night the last two weeks they deliberately drowned her out. Pathetic. She is up there ask one fo the best voices period.

So Joana's votes could go to MB and Kat and Shane's to Hoot?

Pretty sure a fair chunk (though not all) of Joana's votes will go to Rose, for the same reasons Shane's will go to Hoot: 1. Team allegiance, and 2. Joana was an R&B leaning artist (The Weeknd was her BA choice, and Alicia Keyes was her 1st IS choice, AND they both sang Xtina), so some major genre overlap with Rose there (Shane had a little bit of country overlap with Hoot; He's diverse, but did choose "Tennessee Whiskey" for his BA song). Some of Joana's LatinX fans might migrate to Ricky, maybe?

Can't see indie-voiced Kat appealing too much to fans of big-voiced Joana, can you? Maybe MB yes, because she's basically pop, but I think it'll be a bit hard for some to move on to MB after she just crushed Joana's (and her fan's) hopes in the IS. That'll take some doing. Hello Sunday's fans and Joana's fans have pretty much been (quite bitter) rivals since around the lives began, but I can imagine some of the more casual-leaning Joana fans, e.g. some grandmas, moving to HS (but probably not enough to really matter). Ergo, Rose will be the main beneficiary of tonight's result. p.s. - If Rose survives the bloodbath next week, and HS falls, I could see AA HS fans crossing over to Rose for the finale.

Gwen will have an easier time getting Rose in when she will be her last artist.

This is true. All eggs in the Rose basket now. No more vote splitting among the #TeamGwen fan base. Might not be the largest fan base compared to the coaches with multiple consecutive seasons under their belt, but at least there will be consolidation. Rose singing Blake this week also helps Rose solidify her Shefani voting contingent.

This is true. All eggs in the Rose basket now. No more vote splitting among the #TeamGwen fan base. Might not be the largest fan base compared to the coaches with multiple consecutive seasons under their belt, but at least there will be consolidation. Rose singing Blake this week also helps Rose solidify her Shefani voting contingent.

Also I disagree with those who say TPTB don't care if not all coaches are represented. I think they want Rose in. She's the only TG left, and probably the only AA contestant with a true shot at the final 4. I won't be shocked if Rose gets the pimp spot again next week. :flowers:

Gyth went 2nd in the Semi-Finals as a solo performance and got a PV with coming Runner-Up just last season.

Chevel T11 went 2nd. I’m not going to spend a lot of time on it, but I’ll bet lots of other have too.

Brynn opened the bloodbath with a really boring song, and still managed to get PV.

Pimping might help marginally, but a popular contestant isn’t going to be in danger by going early in the show.

Barrett Baber also opened the bloodbath and made it, and that was not his best performance.

Edited by TeamAudra

Also I disagree with those who say TPTB don't care if not all coaches are represented. I think they want Rose in. She's the only TG left, and probably the only AA contestant with a true shot at the final 4. I won't be shocked if Rose gets the pimp spot again next week. :flowers:

Or at least a late spot in the show. That would certainly help.

If you watch John, he never really pushed Marybeth, but he stands the whole time for his other two.

Just think back to when she got the public vote in the Playoffs. John only looked mildly happy. He clearly expected Will to get it instead so he could drop Marybeth for (I'm guessing) Khalea.