The Voice 17 ● Live Top 10 Eliminations ● Discussion

istersay

Never really cared for John, but yeah he's slick and tries to push who he wants all the time and makes me :angry:

Only reason he won was because Maelyn was on his team, she could have won with Adam, lmao!

Actually, hes good at coaching. Yes Maelyynn would have on on any team but I doubt Shawn from last season or Marybeth from this season would have gone as far as they did on any other team not named Blake. He seems to love all his contestants equally and genuinely cares for them. Hes one of the most authentic coaches tbh.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never really cared for John, but yeah he's slick and tries to push who he wants all the time and makes me :angry:

Only reason he won was because Maelyn was on his team, she could have won with Adam, lmao!

Yeah.

And John is as bad as Adam when it comes to his baes. If your snowflake isn't a fav of his, you're screwed, just like with Adam.

Lol, you know its true though :rolleyes:

It isnt though.

1. He turns for artist because he thinks they could win...that's not freeloading, that is the point of the show.

2. He can still help already great artists with what strategy they should follow and whether they should sing up tempo or slower for the specific week. Just because someone can sign anything doesn't mean a coach can't help them in other aspects. If John is a free loader with Katie, then the other coaches are too. Kelly with Jake, Gwen with Rose, and Blake with Ricky.

3. John cares about all artists on his team. Maybe he leans slightly one way or another but not as much as the other three coaches this season for sure. He is genuine.

With the effects of the controversy that he himself had caused still in play at the time? I think that's the one coach who wouldn't have won with her!

With the effects of the controversy that he himself had caused still in play at the time? I think that's the one coach who wouldn't have won with her!

Nah. Maelyn's popularity and the obvious total lack of competition early on would've cancelled it out.

I could have "coached" Maelyn to a win and I know absolutely nothing about music.

Nope. John cares about all of his contestants and his song choices are usually great.

John shows his excitement when he really likes an artist, you cannot blame him for that. As far as standing on the last songs he stood for Katie because her song was an exciting song to stand up for. Will was also a jumping up and down song, and MaryBeth’s song was more of a tender song that you don’t stand, you watch. Buy I still I think he’s a good coach he takes his time, he shows enthusiasm (like Kelly) and works with their talents)

It isnt though.

1. He turns for artist because he thinks they could win...that's not freeloading, that is the point of the show.

2. He can still help already great artists with what strategy they should follow and whether they should sing up tempo or slower for the specific week. Just because someone can sign anything doesn't mean a coach can't help them in other aspects. If John is a free loader with Katie, then the other coaches are too. Kelly with Jake, Gwen with Rose, and Blake with Ricky.

3. John cares about all artists on his team. Maybe he leans slightly one way or another but not as much as the other three coaches this season for sure. He is genuine.

I agree! He’s a great coach and only one still with 3!!

:haha: Well put. It's only been two seasons with him, but I really don't care for John as a coach.

I LOVE JOHN! Such a distinguished and elegant man as a coach. Ultimately Katie is happy for the block from Blake. (and I love Kelly).

Accurate :haha:. We have yet to see John's decision making in a season in which he doesn't have the obvious favorite

Similar to Pharrell/Sawyer. He was awful during the other seasons. To be fair, we probably need to wait and see how John does with a less talented team.

Edited by TeamAudra

Similar to Pharrell/Sawyer. He was awful during the other seasons. To be fair, we probably need to wait and see how John does with a less talented team.

Yeah, Pharrell isn't a great coach lol but he's such an adorable human being <3 , I'd rather have him back than John. He always puts a smile on my face.

Yeah, I don't find John particularly bad (yet) but he's not particularly good either. I'm not impressed tbh. Last season he had Maelyn and this season Team Kelly and Team Blake are very weak (Team Gwen is always weak, regardless of talent). John is winning the season so next season he's probably going to get weak vote getters (Knowing TPTB, probably a full R&B/Jazz team :haha:) Let's see what he does in that scenario :icecream:.

he doesn’t. He likes all of his contestants

I meant the obvious favorite to win the whole thing.

Edited by echoap

What about Kelly tho? Kelly preferred Savannah and Rod over Maelyn in the battle and cross battle rounds. Maelyn could be eliminated before lives had she went with Kelly instead :haha:

So what you're saying is, Kelly has been making busted decisions for longer than just this season? :haha: