The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

Just now, TeamAudra said:

There is? I guessed I missed that. LOL. GNT is obviously the frontrunner. Nobody denies that. 

Yeah, I´ve seen a few comments lol. It was mostly before GNT´s KO, before that the spot was quite open.

Nothing like the Chloe-Addison wars, just a couple of snarky things said.

Just now, Misirlou said:

Yeah, I´ve seen a few comments lol. It was mostly before GNT´s KO, before that the spot was quite open.

Nothing like the Chloe-Addison wars, just a couple of snarky things said.

What I see outside of IDF, is “GNT and Hailey” being mentioned a lot as favorites, so I don’t think we really need to create a controversy where there is none. Lots of people are voting for both of them. 

• Like 1

Just now, TeamAudra said:

What I see outside of IDF, is “GNT and Hailey” being mentioned a lot as favorites, so I don’t think we really need to create a controversy where there is none. Lots of people are voting for both of them. 

Yep, like I said, there´s a chance that they could be the top 2 if everything plays right for them in this next weeks. As a whole there´s a lot of Team Kelly love this season, even from Arianators.

• Like 2

Like I said, I know GNT will likely win, but I just want to enjoy the ride. Its not like the siblings are bad, they can hold their own. 

If anything, I got some things to say on other contestants.... but no need to say them imo. They are prob not even going to make the finale anyway.

Eh I don't get the "versatility" comment, especially whenever someone gets an unorthodox song choice people scream "bus" to high heavens. So do you want them to keep doing what they're good at or not? 

Personally, I'm a fan of GNT because I love their folky sound and harmonies. I don't need them to do anything else. It would be a delightful surprise, but not a necessity. I have other artists to listen to when I want to hear other genres.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, longtimelurker said:

Eh I don't get the "versatility" comment, especially whenever someone gets an unorthodox song choice people scream "bus" to high heavens. So do you want them to keep doing what they're good at or not? 

buses are buses because the songs themselves are usually BAD for the competition or for the audience, bus not mean versatility, mean TPTB wants you leave home

By all means there have been better teens than Hailey, and if you are listening you can easily hear where her vocal limits lie, but the fact of the matter is she is at a bare minimum consistently decent, and that is worth a lot when even the best vocalists that compete on this show struggle with the pace of the TV production and pull out questionable performances that fall short of what studio recordings promise. Not to say they are worse for that, because this is a reality TV show before anything else, but we just gotta go with what we hear, and in Hailey's case, what she's putting out is pretty sufficient.

The expectations would be way higher if the supposed other frontrunners of this competition were performing to a higher standard, but no one is really making it hard for Hailey to be at the top. Wendy has come to a crawl from where she started, Paris is only just now taking off,  and Holly/Team Legend are not sticking hard enough. There's room for two acts from Team Kelly at the top when the rest of the competition isn't cementing themselves in anything. Even GNT is a nonfactor to Hailey since most people are willing to ride for both of them. 

Edited by Rat!
  • Like 1

I don't know what happened, i just read some posts criticizing GNT and Hailey, and one second later... +18 replies. 

This is how much relevant they are on this forum, i see :giggle: 

Anyway, i choose not to fight this "battle" 🥱. If Wendy having the experience she has still receives a lot of criticism, i don't expect the other contestants to be free of it at all.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

I don't know what happened, i just read some posts criticizing GNT and Hailey, and one second later... +18 replies. 

This is how much relevant they are on this forum, i see :giggle: 

Anyway, i choose not to fight this "battle" 🥱. If Wendy having the experience she has still receives a lot of criticism, i don't expect the other contestants to be free of it at all.

Well, you know….things are getting a little tight for those finale spots. Those most at risk of elimination aren’t getting attacked. Imagine that. :haha:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Daillon said:

That's fair. Something I have noticed in the past are double standards when it comes to this (asking some contestants to be versatile while others get a pass) But I'm going to be very selfish and say that I would be extremely happy if they decide to sing songs like their blind or their Top 13 every week until the end of the show :P Of course that would mean I can't demand versatility from others.

Exactly. I know that with any contestant, not everyone's going to be a fan of their style. Some contestants may be "too much", others may be "too boring". But that's fine! I just enjoy what I want to enjoy. I know that GNT may not be the strongest technical vocalists in the bunch, but folk/singer-songwriter is my favorite genre and so they're my favorite contestant. I'd be completely fine with then staying in their bubble because that's what drew me to them in the first place.

• Like 1

Usually this happens near the Finale, GNT and Hailey are seen as threats. Means they are doing something right ig. 

To a lesser extent, people might be a little upset that Wendy will reach the finale, despite being "underwhelming"(to them at least)

With new songs being revealed, notice how the claws came out. Busses are coming for certain artists and the frustration is being taken out against the frontrunners :teeheewave:

• Like 5

1 minute ago, FloorWax said:

And with Hailey... imo there were teens on this show that are much better, BUT she has far from overstayed her welcome. If she makes the finale, she earned her spot.

I think Hailey is at least at Carter's level in terms of vocal abilities. I think she has huge potential in the long run, in a few years she will be insane vocally.

Of elite teens like Addison, Chevel, Carter, Brynn(weakest vocally, but held her own on her season, props to her) 

Hailey can hold her own with them, she's amazing and deserves her spot in the Top 10. 

This thread has now attacked my favs … GNT and Hailey 🤨😢.

Either way, Hailey is one of the best teens to ever sing on any singing show, and I think GNT has shown a decent amount of versatility through their arrangements.

What I love about Hailey’s voice is her tone. It’s herartbraking and really hits you in the best way. A similar thing could be said about some other contestants this season, such as Jack Rogan.

11 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

I think Hailey is at least at Carter's level in terms of vocal abilities. I think she has huge potential in the long run, in a few years she will be insane vocally.

Of elite teens like Addison, Chevel, Carter, Brynn(weakest vocally, but held her own on her season, props to her) 

Hailey can hold her own with them, she's amazing and deserves her spot in the Top 10. 

I don’t want to start ranking them, because they all have strengths and weaknesses, but Hailey is a year younger than the youngest one on your list, and probably never performed for an audience before coming on the show. If she has a few deficiencies compared to the others, it’s understandable. Even so, she’s definitely holding her own so far. Even if she were to be sent home tomorrow, she’s done more than enough to make an impression. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

The discussion of versatility reminded me of an opera singer in The Voice Philippines who sang opera every week except one where she sang "Lovin You". She received comments about doing the same thing every week and not having versatility and many would defend her by asking how is it different from those who do pop ballads every single week.

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I would need to hear her sing more than 1/2 octave of her range before coming to that conclusion. 

Yeah....from what I've heard she has a very limited range which is why I don't think GNT can pull off the Swon maneuver.   TBH I'm a little salty that you mentioned her and Karen Fairchild in the same sentence.  😜

10 minutes ago, Anybody354 said:

This thread has now attacked my favs … GNT and Hailey 🤨😢.

Either way, Hailey is one of the best teens to ever sing on any singing show, and I think GNT has shown a decent amount of versatility through their arrangements.

What I love about Hailey’s voice is her tone. It’s herartbraking and really hits you in the best way. A similar thing could be said about some other contestants this season, such as Jack Rogan.

Look at my signature! 

Are you my long lost brother?

• Haha 1