The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

9 hours ago, Angeles said:

Idk if this is unpopular, but Joei Fulco (S18) deserved to go farther! 

That was literally the only season I wished there were no team quotas in the playoffs so all Team Blake and Nick (minus Michael) would advance !

Edited by AliXRose
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

That was literally the only season I wished there were no team quotas in the playoffs so all Team Blake and Nick (minus Michael) would advance !

My ideal top 8 for that season with no restrictions would be:

Team Kelly

:((

Team Nick

Allegra

Thunderstorm

Team Legend

Zan

CammWess

Team Blake

Todd

Toneisha

Joanna

Joei

For the 9th artist, it's a toss-up between Megan Danielle and Mandi Castillo.

• Like 2

On 3/8/2021 at 6:28 AM, FloorWax said:

My ideal top 8 for that season with no restrictions would be:

Team Kelly

:((

Team Nick

Allegra

Thunderstorm

Team Legend

Zan

CammWess

Team Blake

Todd

Toneisha

Joanna

Joei

For the 9th artist, it's a toss-up between Megan Danielle and Mandi Castillo.

Nbc Agree GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Just now, Hamza Tufail said:

Ryleigh wasn't nearly as great as everyone says. Halley owned that night.

But I would love to be surprised by her in the battles or knockouts.

Totally agre. 
They didn't know how to handle their nerves, too unstable. It's not memorable auditions or to listen to again and again

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Agreed.

She has potential but it wasn't a good performance. Though I think she will improve herself in the next rounds.

I think the same! But her battle song is questionable.
I can see her show off at the KOs

• Like 1

yeah i wanted to like ryleigh but she was too off-pitch and although i love gihanna and thought this performance was good, i know she's capable of excellent, so i will patiently await the future rounds (or new insta covers).

i suspect nerves played a big role in both auditions not being as in the pocket as they could have been. however, that's not gonna stop me from endlessly looping gihanna's ba lmao

6 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I feel like Marisa could outsing Desz if they were in a battle. I think she has better control of her higher register.

Yep.

In order to overpower someone you just need to have high range even if your opponent is an overall better vocalist.

Edited by Hamza Tufail

7 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Ryleigh wasn't nearly as great as everyone says. Halley owned that night.

But I would love to be surprised by her in the battles or knockouts.

Nah, Ciana and Avery owned the night. Halley had a pretty voice, but the arrangement was a complete mess.

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AliXRose said:

I loved Ryleigh's performance, and I don't know if that's the unpopular opinion or the other way around :stealth:

It wasn’t as good as Cami’s, but yeah, I still enjoyed it. I loved the run she did at one point too.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

I loved Ryleigh's performance, and I don't know if that's the unpopular opinion or the other way around :stealth:

I really enjoyed it the first time I watched it, but after rewatching I started to hear the pitch issues.

Another opinion I have to add to the list is that Cami was the most overrated contestant last season (S19), even if I like her. She deserved finale and all, she was lowkey robbed of a PV on the Playoffs, but I still don’t think she ever “knocked it out of the park”.

21 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

It wasn’t as good as Cami’s, but yeah, I still enjoyed it. I loved the run she did at one point too.

Yeah she did some runs I never heard on that song, that’s why it didn’t bother me to hear it for the fourth season in a row

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daillon said:

I really enjoyed it the first time I watched it, but after rewatching I started to hear the pitch issues.

Another opinion I have to add to the list is that Cami was the most overrated contestant last season (S19), even if I like her. She deserved finale and all, she was lowkey robbed of a PV on the Playoffs, but I still don’t think she ever “knocked it out of the park”.

Yes, yes, yes

2 hours ago, Daillon said:

Another opinion I have to add to the list is that Cami was the most overrated contestant last season (S19), even if I like her. She deserved finale and all, she was lowkey robbed of a PV on the Playoffs

I respect the opinion of course, but how was she overrated and at the same time deserving of the finale and robbed of a PV?

24 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

I respect the opinion of course, but how was she overrated and at the same time deserving of the finale and robbed of a PV?

I think they meant on IDF's, she was underrated everywhere else; that's the reason why i don't care that she is overrated here. She deserved,at the very least, to be hyped on here 

• Like 1