The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

4 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

It will be interesting to see how badly T-Storm messed up. I think it’s noteworthy that the source thought Levi beat Joei. Obviously, we all have our biases, and opinions vary greatly, depending on who you talk to. 

In what way. Joei was better but I would not have been that impressed by her if that was the first thing I saw her perform. Like it isn't shocking to me that the source found Levi better lol.  Like why that song. Funny enough, I do think she played it really smart this round. Before I saw her as a rock artist like Chloe. However, she could pull off the country-rock thing a la Meghan Linsey. Factor in that she is team Blake and I think she could be a dark horse. I could see her possibly making the finale. 

2 hours ago, antikid said:

The jury is still out on Megan/Micah/Zan, they're the only ones at this point who can stop Blake from having three finalists again

Lol Zan has like no chance.

Megan and Micah...I honestly don't see it either but maybe. I feel like Kelly is going to put more effort (whatever that means with remote coaching lmao) into Megan. Think Chevel and Brynn. 

6 minutes ago, joe14 said:

Lol Zan has like no chance

I know she isn't the type of artist that usually makes the finale, but John strikes me as a person who loves being in the right. It seems the producers want him around for whatever reason so they might try to push him in the finale to keep him happy and Zan seems to be his best bet. That's why I can see her getting decent song choices and performance slots. She is a capable vocalist so she could get a breakout performance propelling her in the finale. Of course, not a huge chance, but I'd say it's possible

I dont see much love for Mandi Thomas but I think she's a darkhorse for the finale. Her battle did not sound country but it was a bangin vocal. She can also do R and B as well (cover of Natural Woman on YouTube is great)

She wont be perceived as a threat to the boomers and if she makes Top 17 she can stand out with a big opera or "pop"-era song. 

7 minutes ago, sneaky said:

I dont see much love for Mandi Thomas but I think she's a darkhorse for the finale. Her battle did not sound country but it was a bangin vocal. She can also do R and B as well (cover of Natural Woman on YouTube is great)

She wont be perceived as a threat to the boomers and if she makes Top 17 she can stand out with a big opera or "pop"-era song. 

At this point in the competition she hasn't made much of a mark on the audience to even be voted into the Top 8. Sure she's a great vocalist but that's not all you need to win The Voice.

1 hour ago, antikid said:

I know she isn't the type of artist that usually makes the finale, but John strikes me as a person who loves being in the right. It seems the producers want him around for whatever reason so they might try to push him in the finale to keep him happy and Zan seems to be his best bet. That's why I can see her getting decent song choices and performance slots. She is a capable vocalist so she could get a breakout performance propelling her in the finale. Of course, not a huge chance, but I'd say it's possible

Honestly it just depends. Zan or CammWess is John’s best bet. I can see producers pushing a John/CammWess duo performance for the finale. You like him or not but John would sound great with CammWess. They need to sing one of John’s songs and just turn it upside down. 

32 minutes ago, StormZone said:

Honestly it just depends. Zan or CammWess is John’s best bet. I can see producers pushing a John/CammWess duo performance for the finale. You like him or not but John would sound great with CammWess. They need to sing one of John’s songs and just turn it upside down. 

On the other hand, there's also the possibilty of a Zan/John duet singing "A Safe Place To Land" by Sara Bareilles featuring John Legend. I would want to hear that as well!

That would be a spectacular duet.

Edited by FloorWax

4 hours ago, joe14 said:

In what way. Joei was better but I would not have been that impressed by her if that was the first thing I saw her perform. Like it isn't shocking to me that the source found Levi better lol.  Like why that song. Funny enough, I do think she played it really smart this round. Before I saw her as a rock artist like Chloe. However, she could pull off the country-rock thing a la Meghan Linsey. Factor in that she is team Blake and I think she could be a dark horse. I could see her possibly making the finale. 

Maybe you’re right. Almost everyone preferred Levi. LOL. My point about varying opinions still stands. I just used that KO as an example. I’m not much of a fan of either of them. 

https://facebook.com/NBCTheVoice/videos/1104276483292558/?refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2F167555906615100%2Fposts%2F3004613689575960%2F&_rdr

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Maybe you’re right. Almost everyone preferred Levi. LOL. My point about varying opinions still stands. I just used that KO as an example. I’m not much of a fan of either of them. 

https://facebook.com/NBCTheVoice/videos/1104276483292558/?refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2F167555906615100%2Fposts%2F3004613689575960%2F&_rdr

I agree. I just wasn't sure about your initial point but now I think I understand. I do thinking messing up a song is quite objective though? It's either you mess it up or you don't. In what way he messed it up remains to be seen. The source still acknowledge that both were good and Thunderstorm has a unique tone so maybe the judges pointed out that he messed up the song. 

9 minutes ago, joe14 said:

I agree. I just wasn't sure about your initial point but now I think I understand. I do thinking messing up a song is quite objective though? It's either you mess it up or you don't. In what way he messed it up remains to be seen. The source still acknowledge that both were good and Thunderstorm has a unique tone so maybe the judges pointed out that he messed up the song. 

That’s exactly what I meant. Did he mess up one word, or an entire verse? Miss a note? Did the coaches mention it? Will the audience notice? Thunderstorm is a very experienced performer, but nobody is immune from making an occasional mistake. Either way, John clearly torpedoed his team in the KOs. 

13 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

That’s exactly what I meant. Did he mess up one word, or an entire verse? Miss a note? Did the coaches mention it? Will the audience notice? Thunderstorm is a very experienced performer, but nobody is immune from making an occasional mistake. Either way, John clearly torpedoed his team in the KOs. 

Yeah you never know. Maybe the source personally thought he messed it up but that's a pretty significant comment to make. So I am thinking one of the judges pointed it out. Interesting that it didn't say who the judges picked as the winner. I wonder if the producers could clean up a mess up like how they apparently do with auto tuning. 

John is becoming the new Adam. The coach that 4 chair contestants always flocked to but who started losing his credibility after a seasons of just terrible decisions. How do you go from the best team to pretty much the worse in less than two rounds. Same thing he did last season imo. 

Edited by joe14
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

TvLine Gave Zan a (B-)😨😑, Then They Gave Joanna a (A-) Again! My God TvLine Is So Biased When It Comes To Grading Performances. I Remember Back In Season 15 When They Gave Patrique Fortson a (B) Back In The Knockouts. 

Seems about right, tbh. 

Neither is connecting with the audience as much as some would like, but Joanna’s performance was technically better. They’re both in that demographic that typically struggles to get votes from minivan. 

51 minutes ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

TvLine Gave Zan a (B-)😨😑, Then They Gave Joanna a (A-) Again! My God TvLine Is So Biased When It Comes To Grading Performances. I Remember Back In Season 15 When They Gave Patrique Fortson a (B) Back In The Knockouts. 

Why do you start every word in caps? 

6 hours ago, StormZone said:

I can see producers pushing a John/CammWess duo performance for the finale. You like him or not but John would sound great with CammWess. They need to sing one of John’s songs and just turn it upside down. 

I wonder how those will even work this season.   Virtual duets?  could be interesting.  

8 hours ago, FloorWax said:

At this point in the competition she hasn't made much of a mark on the audience to even be voted into the Top 8. Sure she's a great vocalist but that's not all you need to win The Voice.

I agree, I think she probably has one of the best voices this season, but she hasn't been able to attract much of a fan base unfortunately. She made a comment about how not that many people were following her on social media during one of her IG Live streams. If these were more normal times and she could have gone out to do public appearances in Memphis and sing live and meet people she probably could have at least increased her local support, but she can't.

5 hours ago, joe14 said:

All I will say is it was very obvious to everyone that he made a mistake, no need for the coaches to point out he messed up.

American Idol is doing the home live route and I’m guessing the Voice will go on with the same thing. I’m guessing they dish this to avoid interruption with their preparations for the upcoming season

Edited by jus.vshn

1 minute ago, Catsy said:

You mean [minivan] like the people who voted for Jake Hoot...

We use the term loosely. They don’t always favor country singers. Minivan is basically the main demographic of the audience. A contestant cannot win the show without them. Facebook provides good insight on who Minivan likes. There are usually a few contestants who do well on Facebook, and they are generally the frontrunners. So far, it’s Thunderstorm, and TBD, for this season. Apparently, Levi was a favorite of theirs too. 

24 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

We use the term loosely. They don’t always favor country singers. Minivan is basically the main demographic of the audience. A contestant cannot win the show without them. Facebook provides good insight on who Minivan likes. There are usually a few contestants who do well on Facebook, and they are generally the frontrunners. So far, it’s Thunderstorm, and TBD, for this season. Apparently, Levi was a favorite of theirs too. 

That makes me so glad Blake got rid of Levi in knockouts. Could you imagine Levi in finale 🤢