The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

I wanted to put this in the general discussion thread but it may be spoiler-y, so.....

I wonder if Cam's palpable disdain for his battle rounds song will factor in his KO round against Todd T. For some reason Blake strikes me as a coach who doesn't like his methods being questioned, especially if it's country music-related.

10 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Hands down if you screw up the lyrics to your performance - you don't deserve the win (unless you do something else absolutely groundbreaking during the performance).

I thought the spoilers just said he messed up at the beginning. He could've just missed the intro and quickly recovered. We'll just have to wait and see but unless he had a major flub, I can't see how Mandi would beat him

Just now, rp3598 said:

I thought the spoilers just said he messed up at the beginning. He could've just missed the intro and quickly recovered. We'll just have to wait and see but unless he had a major flub, I can't see how Mandi would beat him

Thunderstorm's song doesn't strike me as a good choice, and we already know John struggles with contestants singing his own songs, so John probably had multiple reasons to choose Mandi over him. In general, Thunderstorm's definitely the stronger vocalist and I don't think Mandi's choice is particularly strong either, but I think it's too early to automatically declare Thunderstorm the winner.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

I wanted to put this in the general discussion thread but it may be spoiler-y, so.....

I wonder if Cam's palpable disdain for his battle rounds song will factor in his KO round against Todd T. For some reason Blake strikes me as a coach who doesn't like his methods being questioned, especially if it's country music-related.

That crossed my mind as well. 

Just now, MatthewPalermo said:

I kinda wanted to see a Mike/Nelson KO just to see which 4-chair soul singer would stick around lol

They were a pretty logical pairing in my book. I'm surprised John didn't put them together and leave Darious/Zach for a more pop/R&B kind of battle. Would've been fair all 4 of the contestants I think...

1 minute ago, Someone648 said:

So the 4-way knockout:

Samantha Howell

Michael Williams

Nelson Cade III

Todd Michael Hall

Who are y'all betting on?

I see Nelson winning this. I don't have as much faith in Todd as everyone else does. He doesn't seem to resonate with the general public too much compared to the others. I can see this coming down to who has a breakthrough performance

2 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

So the 4-way knockout:

Samantha Howell

Michael Williams

Nelson Cade III

Todd Michael Hall

hoping for samantha, so glad it isnt darious there

An important stat to remember since it is public vote:

Steal percentages:

Todd Michael Hall 62%

Michael Williams 69%

Nelson Cade III 73%

I still just don't see why everyone has so much faith in TMH except for the fact that he's Team Blake

Just now, rp3598 said:

An important stat to remember since it is public vote:

Steal percentages:

Todd Michael Hall 62%

Michael Williams 69%

Nelson Cade III 73%

I still just don't see why everyone has so much faith in TMH except for the fact that he's Team Blake

His blind audition was extremely popular on Facebook (Minivan).  

3 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

Anyone caught a sneak peek of next week's battle songs?

I just rewatched it and the only singing that they leaked was about half a second of Thunderstorm and Cedrice which doesn't matter since we already know their song

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

It was honestly an awkward moment, though. 

Yeah, I just don't see Blake as being a huge fan of the song either, and I'm not sure how much say the coaches actually have in the battles. Honestly, I just think Todd T is a better singer

30 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

So the 4-way knockout:

Samantha Howell

Michael Williams

Nelson Cade III

Todd Michael Hall

Vocally - Todd

Voting wise - Samantha by a small margin.

Though by what others said, it will depend on who can break out. Lmao, for all we know Michael could win!

Just now, QueenMae16 said:

Vocally - Todd

Voting wise - Samantha by a small margin.

Though by what others said, it will depend on who can break out. Lmao, for all we know Michael could win!

I feel like out of all of them, Michael has the biggest chance at messing up. Todd might have the best shot with Samantha and Nelson also in the running if they give fantastic performances.

Couldn’t really catch much of the battle preview, but from what I remember we got:

Zan vs Brittney

Jon vs Todd

Cedrice vs Thunderstorm

Arei vs Samuel

Tayler (a glimpse of her after the battle)

So I think it’s safe to say that we’re getting Mandi vs Sara and Jacob vs Kevin as montages next week? Since Megan vs Samantha is heavily rumored to end up in a save so we’re not getting that montaged of course....but they were the only other “confirmed” full battles not to be shown. I could be wrong tho...maybe they gave us a glimpse at one of the montaged battles (I’m not sure if that’s happened before tho)