Katy Perry replacement

Mathacoo200315

I’m personally sticking with my guns and saying Lady Gaga lol. She’s become much more minivan friendly after A Star Is Born. She’s a well-known name but I don’t think she’d ask for as much money as Katy Perry or even what J-Lo’s deluded self would ask. 

• Like 2

i'm going to stick with my theory that Adele night is a way to announce she's replacing Katy. i know it sounds unrealistic, but Adele isn't actively releasing music or touring. she does have the Munich residency in August and her Vegas show, but that is ending in November and seems flexible enough to film auditions. she's a fun, talented personality that all demographics love. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

10 hours ago, Barbara Moot said:

I'm sure that American Idol fans have more great suggestions for who Katy Perry should be replaced by on the show, besides the small suggested handful that's being offered up to vote on.

I've noticed that Jennifer Nettles is becoming more noticable again.  I think she would be a great replacement at the Judges table.

She has a wonderful personality, from what I've seen and read about her over the years, she comes off as an honest, tell it like it is, while still showing that she is a caring and fair person.

I would love to hear what others think about Jennifer Nettles or possibly others not on the current list of possibilities.

I think if they keep Lionel & Luke, I don't think they want another judge that is a country artist. It has to be someone big enough to give buzz to the judging panel since Katy is leaving. 

• Like 1

Pink has said she doesn't want to be a judge and had previously turned it done.  Lady Gaga has the big Joker sequel in Oct.  She will be too busy promoting the film and campaigning for the Oscars.  Adele is too big of a name for Idol.

• Like 1

I honestly think that Bebe Rexha or Katharine McPhee would both be a good replacement for Katy Perry, should one of them be interested in being a judge on American Idol. Julia Michaels or Ava Max might also do a good job as a replacement for Katy.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, k andree said:

I would love to see Pink's name thrown in the hat. She is amazing and would bring fresh brilliant ideas to the show! 

On 4/14/2024 at 4:11 AM, Barbara Moot said:

I'm sure that American Idol fans have more great suggestions for who Katy Perry should be replaced by on the show, besides the small suggested handful that's being offered up to vote on.

I've noticed that Jennifer Nettles is becoming more noticable again.  I think she would be a great replacement at the Judges table.

She has a wonderful personality, from what I've seen and read about her over the years, she comes off as an honest, tell it like it is, while still showing that she is a caring and fair person.

I would love to hear what others think about Jennifer Nettles or possibly others not on the current list of possibilities.

Hi, I have merged both your threads with this existing disussion of her replacement

• istersay changed the title to Katy Perry replacement

Ryan and Luke seem to think Meghan Trainor would be a good replacement.Lionel thinks Kelly Clarkson would be.

https://www.etonline.com/luke-bryan-and-ryan-seacrest-on-meghan-trainor-possibly-replacing-katy-perry-on-american-idol

^ I’ve had a bad feeling since I heard Meghan Trainor announced as a mentor that she might be their choice for the new judge. I mean she’s sweet and all but I think they can do better. She was a judge on Australian Idol and never said anything of value. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Carrie_On said:

^ I’ve had a bad feeling since I heard Meghan Trainor announced as a mentor that she might be their choice for the new judge. I mean she’s sweet and all but I think they can do better. She was a judge on Australian Idol and never said anything of value. 

I agree with you regarding what my feelings would be about Meghan Trainor possibly becoming a judge on American Idol. I certainly wouldn't be too enthused. I think Bebe Rexha would potentially be a better replacement for Katy and shouldn't be too cost prohibitive, so I don't understand why she's not being considered more to possibly fill Katy's seat.

Meghan is going to be on The Voice next week as a mentor. maybe she could end up on that show sometime if she does not do Idol.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jdanton2 said:

Meghan is going to be on The Voice next week as a mentor. maybe she could end up on that show sometime if she does not do Idol.

She’s already been a coach on the Voice UK. And The Four. And Australian Idol. 

Edited by AngelaKD
  • Like 1

The more I've thought about it recently, the more I think I'd really like to see Demi Lovato potentially replace Katy. I think she'd fit in well with Luke and Lionel, seems to have a fun personality and most likely wouldn't be averse to providing the contestants with some criticism. And once again, I think Bebe Rexha, Katharine McPhee, Julia Michaels and Ava Max could all be a good replacement for Katy as well.

• Like 2

Jon Bon Jovi is going to be a mentor during the finale. I know they have been making it sound like Luke and Lionel will be staying next season along with Katy’s replacement. But do you think that if one  or both of them leave, Jon Bon Jovi could be a judge? 

Just now, Ethan F-R said:

Jon Bon Jovi is going to be a mentor during the finale. I know they have been making it sound like Luke and Lionel will be staying next season along with Katy’s replacement. But do you think that if one  or both of them leave, Jon Bon Jovi could be a judge? 

Yes, I feel that if one of Luke or Lionel leaves, Jon Bon Jovi could end up as a judge, should he be interested.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

bumping this after the news yesterday that apparently multiple conversations are being had with "high profile" stars. 

i feel like people (including myself) forget how huge Katy was when the show signed her on in May 2017. for context, this was only a month after her haircut and a month before she released Witness. she wasn't a flop yet! she was still one of the top artists in the world. 

she was also far from being Minivan friendly so that is something to take note off. though i also understand the show is in a different place now. 

so yes, i am going to keep my expectations high! not sure where my predictions stand now but i'm sure we will start getting some rumours over the summer months 👀 

Edited by m1key
  • Like 1

Lionel and Luke are pretty much liars that will stand up and clap for everything and even tho Katy also did that, she had a tendency of being shady and doing some criticism at times. Whoever they decide to go with, needs to have a bit of that energy, otherwise we’re gonna get even less judging on the show. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

Lionel and Luke are pretty much liars that will stand up and clap for everything and even tho Katy also did that, she had a tendency of being shady and doing some criticism at times. Whoever they decide to go with, needs to have a bit of that energy, otherwise we’re gonna get even less judging on the show. 

Agreed.  Her replacement doesn’t need to be as critical as Simon Cowell or even Harry Connick, Jr., but there must be some criticism to balance Lionel and Luke.

Edited by CarmenSandiego
  • Like 2