Katy Perry replacement

Mathacoo200315

11 minutes ago, Winterfan said:

Well, former American Idol judge Harry Connick, Jr. seems like he doesn't have a problem with being more critical on camera. And maybe Christina Aguilera or Adam Levine if one of them were to be interested in doing another singing show?

They probably want a female host who would be critical, so Christina would be a good bet if she was interested.

1 hour ago, Winterfan said:

Well, former American Idol judge Harry Connick, Jr. seems like he doesn't have a problem with being more critical on camera. And maybe Christina Aguilera or Adam Levine if one of them were to be interested in doing another singing show?

It's not the kind of show that ABC wants.  They're about promoting the Disney image.  The judges don't have as much power as people think.  They're at the mercy of the producers, who are at the mercy of the network.

9 minutes ago, searomordep said:

Miley would be the much better get than J-Lo for sure. But I would be really surprised if she agreed to it though.

• Like 1

There is also just no reason for JLo to be a judge again when sis uses ghost singers like Ashanti, Meghan Trainor, etc. on her songs💀

I don't need the next judge to be an acclaimed vocalist (for example, I'd be cool with someone less known for their vocals and rather known for their songwriting.) However, you should at least be able to sing in your own music!!

• Like 2

a former winner  might be a good idea. Jordin Sparks would like to do it.

• Like 2

Jordin isn’t famous enough anymore. They want a big name. Carrie is the only former winner I can see them going for and she’s said in the past that she doesn’t want to be a judge. 

They might even try to get Ariana. She was a mentor for the show back when she was first starting to break out in 2014. 

16 hours ago, frederick said:

Finally. Time for new judges. Keep Lionel, get rid of Luke too.

Katy x Luke friendship fan here. lol

It won't be the same without her, but Gaga or P!nk are the only ones risqué and funny and kind enough imo. 

NOT RELATED.

Off topic. Kind of... lol

It's Katy's last season. Give me my darn Hanson theme week and mentorship I've wanted for eons...

It's an off year of not much touring and music making for them. They could be available in April at least. Before their Hanson Day fan club celebration in May.

For the naive to Hanson's music. Their songbook is vast. Yes they actually aren't just pop/rock they have bluesy/soul/country/rock/singer songwriter vibes too!

Katy's a big fan of theirs even having them appear in her Last Friday Night music video...

I refuse to have Disney night and some other stale themes. Bring back ARTIST, SINGER/BAND mentorship theme weeks!

Good riddance imo. I lost respect for her after her pettiness towards Heather Russel- who somehow mysteriously never made it to the live shows (neither did Olivia Grace from that season surprisingly). I HATE how Katie always puts on that fake ass country accent anytime a country singer comes on. She just seems so fake and conceited at this point. But interestingly, many people don't even seem to agree with me. So to each their own!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Adam_S said:

Good riddance imo. I lost respect for her after her pettiness towards Heather Russel- who somehow mysteriously never made it to the live shows (neither did Olivia Grace from that season surprisingly). I HATE how Katie always puts on that fake ass country accent anytime a country singer comes on. She just seems so fake and conceited at this point. But interestingly, many people don't even seem to agree with me. So to each their own!

Wrong forum??? lol

On 2/19/2024 at 10:04 PM, Adam_S said:

Heather pulled a Booner. So did Olivia, I'm pretty sure.

Edited by NGL2008

In my opinion the reboot of the series lost when they didn't put some of their most successful stars of the series at the judging table initially.

Put Kelly or Carrie, Adam Lambert and Jennifer Hudson on.

On 2/29/2024 at 9:57 AM, Solaris said:

In my opinion the reboot of the series lost when they didn't put some of their most successful stars of the series at the judging table initially.

Put Kelly or Carrie, Adam Lambert and Jennifer Hudson on.

Kelly. Busy as heck. Carrie also usually busy.

Adam? He apparently is working at The Voice overseas.

Jennifer is cool but she has a talk show too.

Why does it have to be a alumni star or someone well known?

I don't care what ya'll think. I think Melinda Doolittle needs to teach some lessons here. Her judgement I would take to heart if I were a singer!

2 hours ago, KelseyW said:

Kelly. Busy as heck. Carrie also usually busy.

Adam? He apparently is working at The Voice overseas.

Jennifer is cool but she has a talk show too.

Why does it have to be a alumni star or someone well known?

I don't care what ya'll think. I think Melinda Doolittle needs to teach some lessons here. Her judgement I would take to heart if I were a singer!

I’d like Melinda to be a judge as well.  She was my favorite singer from Season 6.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I'm sure that American Idol fans have more great suggestions for who Katy Perry should be replaced by on the show, besides the small suggested handful that's being offered up to vote on.

I've noticed that Jennifer Nettles is becoming more noticable again.  I think she would be a great replacement at the Judges table.

She has a wonderful personality, from what I've seen and read about her over the years, she comes off as an honest, tell it like it is, while still showing that she is a caring and fair person.

I would love to hear what others think about Jennifer Nettles or possibly others not on the current list of possibilities.

• Like 1