RuPaul's Drag Race - Season 16

Solaris

Just watched the show, so some of my thoughts from this week.

LOL I'm loving the Plane Jane vs. Amanda Tori Meating battle. :dead: Then Plasma picking them to be in the same group was just TV gold waiting to waiting to happen. :dead:

- Oh dear, the group Geneva chose. That was kind of a disaster waiting to happen and on paper, they look like the weakest group. I initially felt bad for Nymphia but music challenges don't seem to be her strong point. So it's like the weakest performers were all put in a group together, lol. Oh and then Nymphia showed she can do choreo and was in a k-pop group so she could save her group from being a complete train wreck. And then OMGG they ended up being the winning girl group of the week! :dead: OMG WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT? I'm losing my ish on this, hahaha.

- I think we finally found Q's weakness - which was that girl group challenge performance. Her dancing in the challenge was quite yikes.

- On the other hand, I'm really sad for Amanda Tori Meating. With her being such an amazing dancer/performer, I really expected her to slay and this to be her challenge. She did well with her performance but her other downfalls crept in on a challenge that she could have potentially won. :( Or well, could have been in the top group. Her runways/make-up is not her friend and will always prevent her from winning.

- With the judges critiques, it was obvious that the Bottom 2 would be Q vs. Amanda. This is such a bummer, as I don't want to see either go. Q has been dominanting and killing it the past few weeks so one slip up of her going this soon would be upsetting. Amanda has been a fun underdog with an entertaining rivlarly against Plane Jane that I want to see more of. But between the two, I was rooting for Q. The lip sync battle was a lot of fun and the best one so far, I think. I do feel like Q has much more to offer and it wouldn't be right for her to go this soon. But ugh... Amanda was fun, enjoyable and I wanted to see her reallyy have her moment in the competition. It's a bummer that didn't completely happen. :(

I was going to wait until the Top 10 to rank the queens but I figure I'll attempt this right now. This is tricky to rank. I still only feel big on a few of them. Most of them are still in the middle and don't really stand out for me. I feel like we only get like 3-4 queens really shining, with the rest middling and awaiting to have their moment. Hopefully that changes soon.

1. Nymphia 
2. Sapphira 
3. Plane 
4. Plasma
5. Q 
6. Amanda 
7. Mhi'ya 
8. Xunami 
9. Morphine 
10. Dawn 
11. Geneva 
12. Megami 

My Top 2 are by far my favorite. Okay I'm starting to lose a bit of love for Jane as I do see her meanness becoming a bit forced but I still like her more than most of the other queens, lol.

4 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

am I crazy or was that episode just fantastic??? so many little plotlines going and it all held my attention and made sense. Everyone got some screen time. Drama, The Question on stage, fights, great looks, terrible looks, fun performances, deserving bottom 2 where the winner didn't seem guaranteed. idk

I agree! This week was exceptionally good. Especially compared to last week

1. Plane Jane

2. Nymphia Wind

3. Mhi’ya Iman “I’m Great” Le’Paige

4. Morphine Love Dion 

5. Q

6. Sapphira Cristal

7. Xunami Muse

8. Plasma

9. Dawn

10. Geneva Karr

11. Megami

Love her and I’ll miss Amanda’s presence on the show, but she was so out of her league and needs more time to develop some polish to her drag lol. That bird nest look was…..yikes. There’s still a lot of fodder to get rid of, but a lot of it was on the winning team this week LOL so Amanda leaving made sense unfortunately.

15 hours ago, #jeah said:

There’s still a lot of fodder to get rid of, but a lot of it was on the winning team this week LOL so Amanda leaving made sense unfortunately.

Ugh this part is so true. I'm so ready for Geneva and Magami to go... but sadly they weren't even options to go, so sadly we had to lose the fun and messy Amanda instead. 😭

• Like 1

Watching the first few episodes and wanted to hate Jane but she is a hilarious villain :rofl:plus she’s cute out of drag and from Boston ❤️ NYC will always be in my heart but I’m team Boston now 

1. Nymphia Wind - she slays everything, I thought the dance challenge would put her in danger but this girl somehow pulled out a magic trick and won with the three weakest girls in the competition. Absolute legend. Taiwanese Goddess ❤️

2. Plane Jane - gonna root for my adorable Boston sista since I live here now. Her villain status and actions makes me cackle. Living for the shady comment 😂 Also I find out of drag Plane super attractive.

3. Dawn - I find her out of the box looks very intriguing.

4. Plasma - she’s a bit neurotic but likable.

5. Xunami - cute but she needs to step it up

6. Mhiya - sweet and likable but haven’t seen her turn it up but the most likable of the fodder

7. Q - I’d like her more if she didn’t complain so much about being in the top, like girl get over it 😂 her looks are great though which is why I’m not putting her lower.

8. Morphine - fodder

9. Geneva - fodder

10. Sapphira - I just find her super boring and not adding anything to the show.

11. Megami - fodder

honestly my bottom half can be moved around at any point in time, they’re all pretty much tied for last.

the episode was fine.

1. Q - obviously the standout design of the week.

2. Dawn - she did a great job this week!

3. PJane - good job.

4. Nymphia - love her personality and trollish nature in the workroom. The big ass bow on her runway made me laugh.

5. Sapphira - I thought it was good, nothing amazing.  Comfortably safe, didn't need to use the potion.

6. Plasma - I thought she looked good, but should not have let anyone else use her material.  Lesson learned!

7. Xunami - just there this week!

8. Megami - Another name startign with M for the fodder pile.

9. Morphine - even when you are suppose to be more then then BBL queen, you still bring it back to that.  Her schtick is tiring.

10. Mhiya - go girl, continue to give us nothing.  Honestly she draws dead unless she is performing and she was drawing dead still the first half of the lipsync.  She also did the same tricks over and over.  

11. Geneva - finally.  Terrible week!

Edited by Solaris

I don't hate Dawn but I did hate her look this week. I thought Megami deserved Top 3 over that. The first time I've liked any of Megami's drag lmao

Mhi'ya doing all that, even with that wig and that breast plate... wew. I'm still campaigning for Mhi'ya to last until AT LEAST Snatch Game

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

I don't hate Dawn but I did hate her look this week. I thought Megami deserved Top 3 over that. The first time I've liked any of Megami's drag lmao

Mhi'ya doing all that, even with that wig and that breast plate... wew. I'm still campaigning for Mhi'ya to last until AT LEAST Snatch Game

Same. 

• Like 1

It was a cute/fun challenge this week. Some thoughts I have: 

I'm happy for Q finally getting her win this week. It was bound to happen at some point with her storyline. I'm happy it happened sooner than later so she don't have to complain about it. :dead: Plane Jane and Dawn were worthy of being in the Top 3. 

I was surprised about Sapphira using her immunity potion this week, especially with so much middle of the road fodder left. 😮 I thought she would have been fine/perfectly safe in the middle or so (or moreso in the top half, like top 5)? Shame she let Plane Jane get to her head. I think she'll be fine for future weeks but I do worry for her in case she has a bad week at the Top 7 or so. 

Geneva Karr vs. Mhi’ya Iman Le’Paige Bottom 2 was bound to happen, with so many Bottom 2 and Bottom 3 appearances from them. I was rooting for Mhi'ya to win as she's a fun underdog and she did turn out a really fun and exciting performance with her tricks. That helped her standout to Geneva. As for Geneva, at least she had her talent show Top 2 placement (which I can't even remember anymore) and her Girl Groups win (didn't completely agree with). And she had two lip sync wins, so that's good. Just overall I didn't care for her and didn't care for her design look/doll/it's storyline this week. 

lol Plane Jane trying to turn a new leaf but still resorted back to being shady. But I did like that we got to hear some of her backstory of why she comes across as harsh towards other queens.

Rankings with comments:

1. Nymphia Wind - lmao her trolling in the work room but still delivering strong performances will always crack me up. :dead: I love her fun personality and everything she brings to the competition.
2. Sapphira Cristal - She seems like the mother of the group and class personified. Like she's such a seasoned queen. Probably not one of the most entertaining but I do really like her a lot and what she brings to the competition.
3. Plane Jane - lol I said some of my thoughts above. I'm on two fences about her shade/personality. But I do love what she brings to the competition and she's fun/exciting to watch. I only feel invested in my Top 3 here.
4. Q - She had a great week and I'm happy for her to have her win. I'm still only truly rooting for my Top 3, but I think she's deserving of going far.
5. Plasma - She's very talented. Not a great week but not sure if I agree with her being in the Bottom 3. 
6. Mhi'ya Iman Le’Paige - Not one of the better competitors overall but she has that something about her that makes you want to root for her. I love her "go girl give us nothing" nature. ❤️
7. Xunami Muse - She's another one that's middle of the road but I like her. Thought her design look + doll was cute. I'd like to see her have her moment but not sure if it will ever happen.
8. Dawn - Great week for her but still don't care much for her overall. I think I agree with what people say about her drag here? I don't really care for it. Something just isn't clicking for me with her.
9. Morphine Love Dion - She's becoming very middle of the road. She's good/safe each week but not standing out competition-wise. She has fun confessionals but I want more.
10. Megami - She seems to be stepping into her own. I feel bad for ranking her this low as I'm still not really connecting with or getting her.
11. Geneva - Again, said my thoughts about her. At least she had two good moments/weeks, but outside of that, I just didn't care for her. Fine with her going now.

9 hours ago, Solaris said:

the episode was fine.

1. Q - obviously the standout design of the week.

2. Dawn - she did a great job this week!

3. PJane - good job.

4. Nymphia - love her personality and trollish nature in the workroom. The big ass bow on her runway made me laugh.

5. Sapphira - I thought it was good, nothing amazing.  Comfortably safe, didn't need to use the potion.

6. Plasma - I thought she looked good, but should not have let anyone else use her material.  Lesson learned!

7. Xunami - just there this week!

8. Morphine - even when you are suppose to be more then then BBL queen, you still bring it back to that.  Her schtick is tiring.

9. Mhiya - go girl, continue to give us nothing.  Honestly she draws dead unless she is performing and she was drawing dead still the first half of the lipsync.  She also did the same tricks over and over.  

10. Geneva - finally.  Terrible week!

Not you forgetting about Megami. 🙈

Really enjoying this season, the queens are really shady have a different vibe than the more kumbaya cast of recent seasons so the drama feels fresh.

1. Plane Jane - Living for everything she’s bringing to this season.

2. Q - She came back in full force this week, that headpiece she made was exquisite. Glad she finally has a win (though this is the first week she’s actually deserved it imo haha).

3. Morphine Love Dion - As a competitor she’s pretty average but I love her confessionals so much haha, I’d want to be her friend

4. Nymphia Wind - I dare her to go one week without bringing up bananas. 😴 

5. Xunami Muse - Not the best design look but she’s so likable to me and I’m glad she won the mini-challenge.

6. Mhi’ya Iman Le’Paige - Mother devoured that lipsync.

7. Sapphira Cristal - She’s faded so far into the background after her stellar first week.

8. Dawn - I wouldn’t have had her in the top this week.

9. Plasma - Ouch, Law Roach devoured her in judging this week lol. They weren’t wrong though, that look was so forgettable.

10. Megami - Pretty decent look but I am getting nothing from her. 
11. Geneva Karr - At least we didn’t lose another big personality this week.

A Janet lip sync :wub: Bonus that it was “Control” and it got to be Mhi’ya who slayed it.

Overall:

1. Sapphira Cristal - I think she’s my overall fave. But damn I’m sad she got in her head this week. She didn’t need that potion!

2. Nymphia Wind - Still neck and neck as my top two. She did great again this week. Although, while I love her banana branding, I do kinda agree with @#jeah that I wanna see something different. It made sense for this week but, would like to see something unexpected soon.

3. Mhi’ya Iman Le’Paige - Describing her doll as ‘fun, shy and outgoing’ :wub: The look was horrible but I just love her

4. Dawn - I think this week was a case of the concept being better than the execution. I love the route Dawn took with her look, but I don’t think it was perfect. But I still really enjoy her

5. Morphine Love Dion - I hope she has a breakout moment soon. She’s so stunning and also enjoyable

6. Xunami Muse - As above, I’ve really come around to Xunami but I’m sad she hasn’t quite been able to stand out in a challenge. I’m worried her time’s coming up.

7. Plasma - Not the best week for her but I enjoy her nonetheless

8. Plane Jane - I’ve gone back and forth on her as a character, but as a competitor, she’s undoubtedly kinda bodying this competition atm

9. Q - Highly deserved win, this week. Still not 100% on how I feel about her, but what a comeback

10. Megami - Just have stronger feelings on the rest still at this point

Alright episode but I’m not finding myself root for anyone in particular. 

01. Nymphia - Loved the look.

02. Megami - She looked stunning and the runway was great.

03. Q - I’m kinda over her at this point but she did great.

04. Xunami - Loved the runway and performance in the mini challenge.

05. Plane Jane - It was good.

06. Morphine - Good runway.

07. Plasma - A drop this week but I still enjoy her.

08. Mhi’ya - Meh.
09. Dawn - Didn’t like the runway. The rip and uneven cutting of the head piece was a disaster.

10. Geneva - Meh.

11. Saphirra - Hated her basic look.

This is a great cast, imo. 

Runway:

1. Q: Slayed the house down, BOOTS.
  2. Plasma: This was giving me Figure Skating realness, and I was living.
  3. Megami : Underrated look of the week. 
  4. Xunami : I actually really like this look. I think people are still sleeping on her.
  5. Dawn: I actually think her look was a tad bit overrated by the judges. I've seen this look done better in the past. 
  6. Nymphia : This was just a disappointment after her previous constructed look. 
  7. Morphine : She always look good, but a tad bit forgettable. 
  8. Saphirra : Look was ill-fitted. I think her or Plasma were interchangeable so can't blame her for using her potion. 
  9. Plasma : See Saphirra. Just a forgettable look. 
  10. Mhiya : Girl... 
  11. Geneva: Baby shower couture. 

Overall:

1. Plane Jane
  2. Q
  3. Saphirra
  4. Nymphia
  5. Xunami
  6. Morphine
  7. Plasma
  8. Dawn
  9. Megami
  10. Mhiya
  11. Geneva

3 hours ago, Elliott said:

While nothing will ever top WIN ELIM WIN ELIM, I think we need to welcome Geneva to the Drag Race chaotic track record hall of fame.

TOP 2 BTM BTM WIN ELIM is camp 

lmaoo yeah, I thought of how messy and chaotic Geneva's run has been and I kinda stan it. :dead: 

Who had the "WIN ELIM WIN ELIM" run? 😮 

1 minute ago, *Wallace said:

lmaoo yeah, I thought of how messy and chaotic Geneva's run has been and I kinda stan it. :dead: 

Who had the "WIN ELIM WIN ELIM" run? 😮 

Tatianna in All-stars