RuPaul's Drag Race - Season 16

Solaris

my favorite moment of the season so far i think is when Xunami asked where Plasma had been on jan 6

omg of course also Jane ate with is she giving us anything worth protecting

Edited by QueenCami

Sending a prayer circle for Sapphira, Plane Jane and Nymphia to make it through to the final. 🙏 They have been my favorites since the beginning of the season so them all making it to the final would be icing on the cake.

As for Q and Morphine, I could give or take either being there. I would usually root for the most consistent/stronger contestant, which is Q, so I would moreso be rooting for her to make it to the finale. But I wouldn't be upset if Morphine out lip-synced Q to the final (though I would if she did that with the other three).

I'm just hoping it's not a non-elimination with all 5 in the final. That would just be too much. :dead: 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Sending a prayer circle for Sapphira, Plane Jane and Nymphia to make it through to the final.

This is my Top 3 too!

Also ew, Top 5 finale.

Edited by Solaris
  • Like 1

On 3/28/2024 at 7:18 AM, QueenCami said:

IM DEPRESSED dawn was set up with that song !!!!! her looks r always so iconic and she has such a clear drag personality that shines through more than anyone else in her looks

i absolutely adored dawn's aesthetic!! she was SO set up with that song choice!! 

• Like 1

IM DEPRESSED dawn was set up with that song !!!!! her looks r always so iconic and she has such a clear drag personality that shines through more than anyone else in her looks

i absolutely adored dawn's aesthetic!! she was SO set up with that song choice!! 

3 hours ago, jarmon said:

right like this is more upset than i've been for a reality tv show in so long. . . but yk what the top 5 is good. everyone except Morphine almost always eats in the maxi challenge, and Morphine ate in the lip sync

Morphine’s performance this season has been so underrated by the judges, I think she has performed at a similar level to at least two others in this top 5 👀 

what is most upsetting is that Morphine's eatery in the lip sync has like overtaken any mourning for Dawn which is so rude!!

also im obsessed with Dawn being a "sleeper mean girl" in the words of some Vogue article. like her confessionals were always so funny and although yes the whole pushing Plasma into another role was a major hater move, I blame Q instead 😇

4 minutes ago, #jeah said:

Morphine’s performance this season has been so underrated by the judges, I think she has performed at a similar level to at least two others in this top 5 👀 

one thing I will give her is that I kinda forgot she was the BBL queen after episode 3-4 when she was criticized for relying on it too much (of course until the body lip sync). she really took that advice to heart !!

Ranking for this week:

1. Plane Jane - has to be the front runner now with 4 wins and zero bottoms.  Her dancer killed it.

2. Nymphia Wind - loved her vulnerability this episode and opening up to her dancer.  The dancer was so cute and happy Michelle called TS on Nymphias branding.

3. Morphine Love Dion - I actually liked her makeover and her dance. I also thought she won the lipsync, so I would have had her safe. She's the lipsync assassin of the season.  Sorry Mhiya.

4. Q - I didn't love the dance nor the makeover.

5. Sapphira Cristal - This was a rough episode for her. Comfortably the worst in the makeover and the performance.  I also thought she lost that lipsync.  With that said, I would not have felt right with Sapphira leaving over Morphine who was in the bottom 4 times, so I am good with the decision for her to stay.  She can't have another week like this though.

I am SHOCKED at how badly Morphine failed at this challenge. Like absolutely floored. It's like she thought she could get away with giving her dancer a good mug and couldn't fathom changing anything else. Easily the worst of the week and having Sapphira's unexpectedly weak week as well was a perfect setup for her elimination. I've liked Morphine all season but I am not going to argue that she should have done any better than this. I would have liked to see her sneak in to the Top 4 with Nymphia, Sapphira, and Plane but there was no defending her this week. Sapphira played the lip sync smart but I think she would have had to physically collapse on stage to not make it through.

Ranking the Top 4:

1. Sapphira Cristal - Unless something weirdly disastrous happens or she faces Nymphia in a SNSD or Blackpink Lip Sync for the final lip sync of the season she has this in the bag. And I have no complaints about that.

2. Nymphia - A lot has gotten made of Q being fashion, designing and making all her outfits. But Nymphia has bodied the runways this season and nobody else touches her. I don't think there's been a queen as consistently excellent on the runway since maybe Raja. I think the only week Nymphia hasn't been the best on the runway was the colors runway and the flower runway which Sapphira won. She's clearly quite talented and I think overlooked before the Sapphira takeover. She's going to be so good on All-Stars one day.

3. Plane - Another queen who is just going to be very good on an All-Star Season. I've said earlier that everything I think Plane does well both Nymphia and Sapphira do just as well and they both have the edge over her when it comes to polish and runway.

4. Q - Meh.

• Like 2

by the transitive property:

Geneva eliminates Hershii and Mirage

Mhi'ya eliminates Geneva, Megami, Plasma

Morphine eliminates Mhi'ya, Xunami, and Dawn

Sapphira eliminates Morphine

Q eliminates Amanda and loses in a Lip Sync for the Win to Sapphira

==> Sapphira is the lip sync assassin of the season. ❤️

i know Sapphiras been the predicted winner for a few weeks at least now and she does seem to be well-liked by the community so im surprised to see so much dismay at Morphine's elimination online. 

i think one of my main gripes w/ the show is that sometimes the lip sync for your life is treated fairly and the contestant who performs better wins, but sometimes, they just go off of who deserves to move on. i wish that they would pick a lane and stick with it -- and honestly, my vote is for the lip sync being a factor and not the whole decision, because yes, it would have been terrible to lose such a talented drag race contestant like Sapphira due to going against the bbl queen our lip sync assassin. 

i haven't gotten to watch the episode yet but happy to hear that Jane and Nymphia did well bc they're my favorites. 

i do think Sapphira was due for a bad episode because she's had a ridiculously good run so far. like no slip ups except for flubbing her lines once and i think she still won that week. plus she has this like motherly, kind energy that has been edited very prominently + lets be honest she eats on the runway.

i am still hoping for a jane or nymphia win (or maybe a double elim next episode and then the return of dawn to win it all 😇), but sapphira would be deserving

Edited by QueenCami

okay i watched. thoughts:

- Jane deserved that win. the transformation was amazing and they matched well

- Q, Nymphia deserved safety. criticism about doing only yellow is so silly lol and it's not even true like . . . i hope they're not trying to set up Nymphia for a loss w/ that

- Morphine's dresses were very, very plain. Sapphira's dresses didn't match at all except for colour -- agree w/ the judges on both those points. correct bottom 2

- Q's dance moves were so cringy to me im sorry 😭 but good for her for being able to do a dance right

- Morphine ABSOLUTELY won that lip sync. Sapphira's ground twerking didn't fit the song at all whereas Morphine's performance actually worked w/ the song lyrics and its progression

2 hours ago, QueenCami said:

think one of my main gripes w/ the show is that sometimes the lip sync for your life is treated fairly and the contestant who performs better wins, but sometimes, they just go off of who deserves to move on

It’s always been whatever Ru wants to happen. If you are well liked by Ru you have a much longer leash to do worse in the lip sync. If you aren’t well-liked you end up like Plasma and get eliminated your first time in the bottom despite having two wins lol

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It’s the last chance to impress Ru. You can do better in a lip sync but not do enough to impress Ru to stay (i.e.: Amanda).

Morphine may have done better (personally I would’ve given Sapphira the win, but I can see why people think Morphine won), but it wasn’t enough to impress Ru after all of her other lip syncs.