RuPaul's Drag Race - Season 16

Solaris

9 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Plane giving plasma that wig and Sapphira helping Mhi’ya… wow they are the ones who are really playing the game this season 

Plane and Dawn: Plasma, let us help you. 😈

Sapphira: Mhi'ya, let me help you. 🥰

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like this challenge. Like @FrogLenzen I like a design challenge because it forces queens to show their skills in a way that would have been so much more necessary in the older seasons and I also came to RPDR through Project Runway. I do think some of the queens trended towards spooky rather than GOTH and some queens went "punk rock" rather than Goth. Which whatever. The designs mostly came out strong. So here's what I would have placed the queens in this challenge:

1. Nymphia - This is the one I think is nailing the aesthetic of the challenge. I wonder if it being in all black is what had her place below Q because the details aren't as obvious. I also wonder if it's just karma from Utica's big coat losing so long ago that they want to give it to Q. I think what's kind of interesting about this season is that Q has 2 wins and Plasma had 2 wins and never at a point did I think that Nymphia, Sapphira, and Plane weren't the final 3. And I think that's because Nymphia and Sapphira both show so consistently that they are good at EVERYTHING. Nymphia may be trying to hide it but this is the second design challenge that she could have won and it's clear that she's talented. Even in a dress like this that's hard to walk down the runway, she never looked awkward. When removing the veil that was polish. It's all so unique and very cool and her fashion background shows.

2. Q - To start. I hate Q's face. I also hate that we are getting Q's panties AGAIN. For how well designed everything else is that she brings (to the point of being overdesigned) the fact that we see them again and again in nearly every outfit is insane to me. It's also not so much "goth" to me but whatever. It's undeniably good. She's undeniably very talented. It's a good look but not my personal winner.

3. Sapphira - Like Q, I think it's a smart move to have to much white because it makes the details pop. Again not so much "goth" as just "spooky" but I like that you are getting a full concept and character with Sapphira. She knows what she likes and she knows what she is good at and this is all of that. Easily a Top 3. Sapphia having only one win is a tragedy when she could have 3 under her belt.

4. Dawn - I think the gap between Dawn and Plane Jane is larger than what can be reflected in a ranking like this. It's a dress I would like to see the details more so I wouldn't be surprised if this would rise in my rankings after I saw a well-lit picture. I think Dawn, perhaps predictably, nailed Neo-Goth. I think you really need the lace.

5. Plane Jane - I could really throw Plane Jane in the bottom 3 but I think fundamentally her design had more to it than Morphine. It's not very goth. It's fine. I think when it starts getting down to brass tacks Plane Jane is going to need to step up her runways. She is growing on me every week. I think she's fun. But her runways leave A LOT to be desired. Not just in design challenges but the costumes she brought from home. This kind of expemplifies that. It's fine. Not really on theme. But not really great. And this is a season where her two biggest competitors do everything she does just as well and outshine her by far in the runway.

6. Morphine - The makeup and face are beautiful which we can expect from Morphine. But the dress is basic. For as much as queens like Morphine and Plasma were ragging on Mhi'ya for getting help, I do think they both could have benefited from a little help themselves. Morphine in particular I think needed more embellishment. It's simple. Kudos for her doing it all herself. But maybe if she went to Sapphira and asked for 2 hours worth of help there would have been more to show on the runway.

7. Mhi'ya - I think I see what Ru sees with Mhi'ya. And not just because I'm indoctrinated in to the #Flipster cult. Mhi'ya (and Amanda Tori Meeting) both remind me of the early seasons of Drag Race. And I think Ru loves a queen who is unexpected and comes from a background more similar to her own (which is why it's RUPAUL'S Drag Race and why a musical theater queen will never win unless they essentially have a perfect run like Jinkx Monsoon). Especially when you have Mhi'ya going up in a lip sync like this and showing off her ballroom background. I don't think those details go unnoticed by Ru and I certainly think that's why they delight me. Mhi'ya in a lot of ways feels like a breath of fresh air from the early LOGO days and I mean that in the best way possible. If she flips her way to the top 4 I'll be thrilled. But I wouldn't be surprised if Top 6 were her ceiling.

8. Plasma - I don't know even if she went with just a black trumpet dress that she would have been safe but maybe she would have been fighting for that bottom 3 spot with Morphine instead of finding her eliminated. This was a disaster. There's no way around that. It was bad from head to toe. The wig didn't go with the outfit except that it was black. The outfit was over-designed and poorly executed. I'm also going to say that I think every week Ru remembers Plasma exists despite her two wins and Mhi'ya's Cher impression lives in her head eternally. I've long that that Plasma's best case scenario was basically Rosé by making the finale and having no chance of winning, I think that in this scenario being "robbed" is a better career boost than being a distant 4th place. Anyway, I'm very much NOT a musical theater queen so SEE'YA PLASMA.

Overall Ranking:

1. Sapphira

2. Mhi'ya

3. Nymphia

4. Plane Jane

5. Dawn

6. Morphine

7. Q

Plasma

• Like 1

I thought this was one of the strongest design challenges ever, no one flopped and even though Plasma was the worst I still get what she was going for. She would have been safe if that look was featured on so many other design challenges lol.

In the challenge:

1. Nymphia Wind

2. Dawn

3. Sapphira Cristal

4. Plane Jane

5. Q - the bald with a single curl at the top was such a bad choice, and I agree that the panties are getting old. The rest of the look was awesome but I do feel she sometimes overdoes it in her designs.

6. Morphine Love Dion

7. Mhi’ya

8. Plasma

Overall rankings:

1. Plane Jane

2. Morphine

3/4/5/6. Q/Nymphia/Sapphira/Mhi’ya

7. Plasma

8. Dawn

• Like 1

Morphine didn’t deserve to place low. Her dress was beautiful and tried something out of her comfort zone which landed pretty firmly. I could’ve easily placed Plane, Sapphira or Dawn in the bottom three over her. I didn’t really get goth from them and more spooky like Megan said. 

01. Nymphia - She stole the show this week.

02. Morphine - I loved everything this week.

03. Q - I’m so over Q already. I didn’t love her design. It was too busy.

04. Dawn - Meh. I didn’t get goth.
05. Plane Jane - Again, it wasn’t really goth.

06. Sapphira - It was goth at all. It was a black fabric which she created another boring ball gown with.

07. Plasma - Everything just seemed off with her this week. It’s a shame because I think she could’ve won.
08. Mhi’yah - She was a mess this week.

Overall

01. Nymphia

02. Morphine

03. Plane Jane

04. Mhi’yah

05. Q

06. Dawn

07. Sapphira

Looks ranked: 

1. Q: I personally love it so y'all can keep on suing me because I don't care.
  2. Nymphia: I gasped. 
  3. Dawn: Liked it but hated her contouring. 
  4. Sapphira: It was good.
  5. Plane: I know what she was trying but didn't land as much as the other look.
  6. Morphine : I didn't like it, mainly due to the material used which made it look cheap compare to everyone else.
  7. M'hiya: Meh
  8. Plasma: Girl tried.

Overall:

1. Plane Jane
  2. Q
  3. Sapphira
  4. Nymphia
  5. Plasma
  6. Morphine
  7. M'hiya
  8. Dawn

1. Nymphia - robbed of a win. Incredible look, I had a gay gasp.

2. Q - She also did a great job, but Nymphia was better.

3. Plane - It was different and I appreciated that.

4. Sapphira - I don't know if I loved that material for Goth, but the dress was beautiful!

5. Dawn - I think some of it got lost while translating to television.  I felt like she needed two very different fabrics so we could see all the detail from it.

6. Morphine - I liked the idea of it, but not the execution of it.

7. Mhi'ya - deserved bottom 2 for letting Sapphira make her dress.  She turned that lipsync and all, but I am really over her.

8.  Plasma - I do think it was better then people are say, but its not amazing and definitely the worst of the week.

We manifested Mhi’ya to the Snatch Game and now I want to manifest Morphine to the makeover. I wish they would do makeover episode way earlier in the season but lately it seems like top 5 or even top 4 ugh

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

We manifested Mhi’ya to the Snatch Game and now I want to manifest Morphine to the makeover. I wish they would do makeover episode way earlier in the season but lately it seems like top 5 or even top 4 ugh

Because they use it eliminate who they don’t want in the finale. 🫠

• Like 1

Q saying she has musical theater experience and can carry a note.... and then delivering that performance in the recording studio..... OMG that was quite an experience. :dead: 

Lmaoo woww, I am so BEYOND shocked about Plane Jane used her immunity potion to Nymphia. :shock: I thought I was shocked last week but this was definitely one of the biggest surprises on Drag Race I've seen in awhile. :dead: I love that Plane did that for Nymphia as I was really worried she would be in the bottom and at risk with the lip sync this week. I expected Plane to use it on herself, which she should have done as she didn't stand out too much. 🙈 Although even with all of that hype, the immunity potion didn't even matter this week. :dead: 

I thought a lot of queens stepped it up and had a strong week this week! Especially the underdogs like Mhi'ya and Morphine had a really strong week. I... really don't get it with Dawn. She was fine but she was an easy Bottom 2 for me this week. I didn't get all of the judges praise for her but this is a common thing lol. But then oh... the way that RuPaul delivered the results realllyyy worried me, omg. :dead: I was not getting what was going on. like "HOW can Sapphira even be in the Bottom 2?" But it was Sapphira and Morphine in the Top 2 which made much more sense and was great for them both. 

Yayy Sapphira finally got her second win! :wub: She completed slayed and dominated this main challenge! That was so long overdue! She probably should have had two other wins outside of her early win so far (and be at 3 or 4 wins so far), but I'll take it. She was so fun and hilarious in that lip sync and earned that win there too. :haha:

Plane using her immunity on Nymphia so she could be in the bottom to eliminate Q, only for it to be a LSFTWin episode?

Why do we as a society let RuPaul be a show runner smh

• Like 1

already seeing people pissed that Sapphira got another win, but like... Q and Plane were the other options. Two of the most delusional and salty queens ever, who are both constantly telling producers how much they want wins and think they deserve to be in the top. Sapphira getting the win is better TV and I promise that all of production knows it lol. Fans give too much weight to wins anyway

• Like 1

I liked the challenge, it was fun.  The winner was definitely wrong.

1. Nymphia - I can understand why giving her the win would have been controversial based on the accent, but she was funny.

2. Jane - if you weren't going to give the win to Nymphia, you should have given it to Jane who was great.

3. Q - i enjoyed getting to know her more this week, solid job.

4. Sapphira - she stumbled, and shouldn't have won.  I haven't disagreed with her wins up until this point.  I think the problem the audience is having is that all of her polish keep her from connecting to the average viewer. Polish isn't a personality and needs to work a little harder to project hers.

5. Dawn - on borrowed time unless she can get a win.

6. Morphine - she did win that lipsync.  Shes clearly the worst contestant left on the show though.

7. Mhi'ya - thank christ she's finally out.  It was okay to watch her win lipsyncs in early but she survived way too long.

OMGG that Dawn vs. Plane Jane argument at the start of the episode. Eeek Plane really let Dawn get to her, yikes. 🙈

Mhi'ya in the workroom with Dawn while brainstorming their ideas for their seminar! :wub: :dead: That was my favorite! :wub: 

Oh snap, I don't think I was expecting Sapphira to win on this challenge. She had a little stumble in her presentation but then again no one was completely flawless. I think I was expecting Q to win it. Yikes @ Q's reaction to that..... that was deadly. But lol of course I won't complain over a Sapphira win and her getting her 3rd win! :wub: I would put Q and Nymphia in the Top 3 this week. Then Plane 4th and Dawn 5th. I will also say that Nymphia was the biggest surprise of the week. I was expecting her to flop but she brought and delivered the funny here. I'm proud of how she's done! 

Agreed with the Mhi'ya, Morphine and Dawn Bottom 3. Dawn escapes the Bottom 2 yet again but I do agree with it. She at least tried to keep that hot mess seminar from completely flopping, unlike the other two. But I can't really blame them for doing a bad job here. I would be an absolute TERRIFIED mess with this kind of challenge. I hate public speaking and seminars.

I feel like the Mhi'ya vs Morphine lip sync had potential to be an exciting and dynamic lip sync we've all been waiting for. 😮 OMG Mhi'ya taking her dress piece off and placing it on Morphine. :dead: Then Morphine throwing her boob at Mhi'ya. What a mess! :dead: This was an interesting and very competitive lip sync, for sure. :haha: I thought both had fun and delivered strong moments. I guess Morphine had the advantage as she got to show and display new tricks while I feel like we've seen the same tricks from Mhi'ya a few times already, lol. 

I'm a bit sad to see Mhu'ya go but at the same time, it was time. She's not the best in the main challenges and also hasn't had the strongest runway looks compared to others. She always brought it and delivered on the lip syncs, hence why she made it this far and it's deserved. I still prefer her over Morphine and Dawn but I can't say she was robbed by them. 

With 11 weeks of competition down, I feel like my rankings are pretty much set from now until whenever the final comes, so here they are:

1. Sapphira 
2. Nymphia 
3. Plane Jane
4. Q 
5. Mhi'ya 
6. Morphine 
7. Dawn 

I hope it's a Final 4 this year. Sapphira, Nymphia, Plane and Q would be the perfect Top 4. I don't think Morphine or Dawn has done enough to reach the final. :ph34rwave:

What a stupid episode. This season is a letdown next to last season. I think Wally said that there have been very few queens to connect with and I totally agree. The only queens that I’ve connected with this season have been Nymphia, Mirage, Morphine and Plasma. The others can just go at this point because I don’t see anything changing in the little time we have left.

01. Nymphia

02. Morphine

03. Q

04. Dawn

05. Plane Jane

06. Sapphira

I love this cast so much! They’re all bringing it and I get sad whenever someone leaves. I’m still kind of waiting for Dawn to leave but at least she gave us some drama this week lol

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Zoey said:

What a stupid episode. This season is a letdown next to last season. I think Wally said that there have been very few queens to connect with and I totally agree. The only queens that I’ve connected with this season have been Nymphia, Mirage, Morphine and Plasma. The others can just go at this point because I don’t see anything changing in the little time we have left.

01. Nymphia

02. Morphine

03. Q

04. Dawn

05. Plane Jane

06. Sapphira

I totally agree with you there! I wish we had extended episodes for the whole of last season, but even then I still really enjoyed it. I've only really connected with Nymphia and Sapphira this season, and I don't think the judges have credited them enough. This season has been quite tiresome for me to get through 😞

On 3/15/2024 at 10:10 PM, FrogLenzen said:

Sapphira getting the win is better TV and I promise that all of production knows it lol.

anyone seen the preview yet hahahahaha

Production was doing scientific testing when they gave Jorgeous that win for the ball lmao

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FrogLenzen said:

anyone seen the preview yet hahahahaha

Production was doing scientific testing when they gave Jorgeous that win for the ball lmao

I still can't get over that moment. :dead: