The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

3 hours ago, seak05 said:

No (but his mom is), this makes me like Sasha less though 

(Blake’s mom used to post a lot publicly to Facebook about the voice, and was a good proxy for middle aged white southern/Midwest voters. She started posting a ton of trump and conservative stuff though & then went basically private) 

How would you know Blake’s political views, c’mon. He very wisely stays out of it. And who gives a shit what his mom believes? 

Edited by TeamAudra

Sasha didn't say anything about Blake or his mom.  He liked a post that implied Blake would not be favorable to his trans rights statement (probably incorrectly from what I read here).  Not wise for a contestant though it's likely only idf is paying much attention. Nobody suggested Blake or his mom be canceled.

Edited by WastedinMemphis
  • Like 1

Don´t know what Blake´s views are (and frankly, I don´t care), but it´s a bit weird this is happening considering Sasha even gave Blake a (very well done) drawing of him with the duo on the blind auditions. He even follows him on IG I think (I believe we saw that pre-season and assumed he was Team Blake because of that even). No clue why he now thinks that of him.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

How would you know Blake’s political views, c’mon. He very wisely stays out of it. And who gives a shit what his mom believes? 

In fact I would strongly suspect Blake is mostly apolitical/libertarian, as long as he can own guns and hunt in OK. But Gwen has a number of people she is close to who are lgbt & seem to like Blake, and he has made supportive comments about gay country artists. 

(and I don’t care what his mom believes, she used to post who on his team people should vote for to fb, so I’d check periodically….and she was not shy about her views) 

Edited by seak05

3 minutes ago, seak05 said:

In fact I would strongly suspect Blake is mostly apolitical/libertarian, as long as he can own guns and hunt in OK. But Gwen has a number of people she is close to who are lgbt & seem to like Blake, and he has made supportive comments about gay country artists. 

(and I don’t care what his mom believes, she used to post who on his team people should vote for to fb, so I’d check periodically….and she was not shy about her views) 

You’re making the assumption that all conservatives are anti-gay. There are in fact gay conservatives. Anyway, I usually cringe when politics infiltrates our discussions about a singing show, and here I am getting in the middle of it. Silly me. You’re probably right, I have Blake pegged as libertarian. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

You’re making the assumption that all conservatives are anti-gay. 

No, just that all conservative pieces of sh*t are. I don't know Blake's politics, but it was more a response to the specific issue.

I just find the assumptions about someone's politics because of say where they live, frustrating. 

Edited by seak05
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, seak05 said:

No, just that all conservative pieces of sh*t are. I don't know Blake's politics, but it was more a response to the specific issue.

I just find the assumptions about someone's politics because of say where they live, frustrating. 

I think Blake is smart for keeping his political views to himself, but I also know that broad sweeping generalizations that I see expressed about conservatives are a huge turnoff to people in the “middle.” We have probably 10-20% extremists on both sides of the spectrum. The real world is a lot different than social media. BTW….There are actually gay conservatives here on IDF who post in the political thread. They get a lot of heat for it outside of IDF. 

Edited by TeamAudra

A favorite on The Voice of Germany got disqualified by “violating the rules of fairness and respectful interaction”

https://news.in-24.com/lifestyle/news/198886.html

I did some research, and it’s not even the first time he did something like this, since he was rude to a judge on another show he was on 

https://news.in-24.com/lifestyle/news/145401.html

Who was the most "genre-less" winner? It seems like most of the contestants who win stay in their comfort zone, possibly to make it clear what kind of artists they are.

By genreless, I mean like Holly going from Luther Vandross, to Natalie Imbruglia, to Garth Brooks, to Heart in the span of four rounds. 💀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Who was the most "genre-less" winner? It seems like most of the contestants who win stay in their comfort zone, possibly to make it clear what kind of artists they are.

By genreless, I mean like Holly going from Luther Vandross, to Natalie Imbruglia, to Garth Brooks, to Heart in the span of four rounds. 💀

Alisan 100%. Janis Joplin, Demi Lovato, Barbra Streisand, Aerosmith, Joni Mitchell…

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Alisan 100%. Janis Joplin, Demi Lovato, Barbra Streisand, Aerosmith, Joni Mitchell…

Patty Griffin as well (Alisan sang rock, pop and country on the show)

Edited by Cookie73

8 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Carter needs to be included in this conversation… i mean, who else could go from Mariah Carey to Miley Cyrus to KERMIT THE FROG!!!! that’s what you call versatility!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

38 minutes ago, jem128 said:

Sasha on Twitter clearly playing into the Blake thing. Can’t even tell which way he is playing it. Not sure that he cares as long as it gets attention. 😂

Blake's "Behave" response cracked me up.  Funny thing is, Blake ended up apologizing to Ryleigh for scaring her. lol 

Nvm it was a Blake stan account  Still scared Sasha and Ryleigh 🙂

Edited by WastedinMemphis

15 minutes ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

Carter needs to be included in this conversation… i mean, who else could go from Mariah Carey to Miley Cyrus to KERMIT THE FROG!!!! that’s what you call versatility!

Well, seems like we found our answer :wub:

• Haha 3

Was debating suggesting my old fav Chloe but then realized you meant on the show not after . . . .

Just now, WastedinMemphis said:

Was debating suggesting my old fav Chloe but then realized you meant on the show not after . . . .

Chloe's musical journey from her show performances, to her first ep, to her debut album is certainly something.