The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

6 minutes ago, Grey_Raine said:

Ah, Season 9, the season of robbed female singers in the pre-live rounds and Live Playoffs.

In my ideal Season 9, 5/6 of the Top 24 were women with a few exceptions of course, although that is just personal taste.

I still think Season 9 was one of the most, if not the most, stacked seasons in Voice history, maybe just behind S12 and S13. Even the double montaged people like Daria Jazmin, Hanna Ashbrook (I still think she would've been an IDF unicorn had she not been montaged), and Noah Jackson were great. The fact that NEITHER Cassandra Robertson or Krista Hughes got steals in the battles makes me so mad.

Other robberies IMO included Manny Cabo not beating Keith Semple, Morgan Frazier not going any farther, Andi and Alex going too soon, Cole Criske getting thrown away in the battles, and of course Lyndsey Elm getting beat by Braiden. The icing on top of the cake was Nadjah Nicole and Chance Pena getting the comeback saves when they were both fodder and literally anyone else would've been better. :wacko:

Just now, VoiceFan! said:

Off topic but what was your top #1 favorite performance this season?

Mine was DEFINITELY Corey’s “Already Gone”....

HM: Gihanna’s KO + T9, all of Cam’s performances, Dana’s PO, Rachel’s battle + knockout + PO

Here's all of my 10s in the rating thread:

• Corey Ward: Already Gone
  • Dana Monique: Nutbush City Limits
  • Cam Anthony: Feeling Good
  • Gihanna Zoë: Reflection
  • Cam Anthony: It's So Hard To Say Goodby To Yesterday

HMs: Pia and Zania's KOs + Cam's PO performance

7 minutes ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

y’all based SOLELY on instant save performances, Jordan earned his place in the finale... but you didn’t hear it from me!

i thought Pia was absolutely excellent last night, but singing Billie? in the IS? that song choice wasn’t going to help her win😢

y’all know i ADORE Corey, but this... erm... wasn’t his week

Dana’s performance last night was really great TO ME, but her IS song confuses me??? the woman who BODIED Nutbush City Limits and Free Your Mind chose the worst time to give her most tame vocal performance yet💔

Gihanna was the closest person to robbed tonight, but even then, her IS wasn’t the stunner that it needed to be to advance...

i believe that AT LEAST one of Dana, Pia, or Gihanna should have gotten a PV and think it’s an absolute crime that Dana isn’t in the top 5, but based on tonight’s performances, i can’t be mad that Jordan advanced.

this is all my opinion SO DON’T COME FOR ME

you don't have to lick them boots baby, this could've stayed in the drafts

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, B-B said:

I just want to call out some of the toxicity on this forum. If people are genuinely upset about an important issue, it is not a meltdown. I don’t give a freak if you like Jordan, this is a pattern I have noticed almost every season on this show. 

If Corey (who more people are upset about, tbh) had gotten the save, would you be saying the same thing?

Just now, TeamAudra said:

If Corey (who more people are upset about, tbh) had gotten the save, would you be saying the same thing?

Yes because he gave a mediocre performance

(you really think you did something with this post, huh?)

• Haha 2

Just now, B-B said:

Yes because he gave a mediocre performance

(you really think you did something with this post, huh?)

No, I’m just pointing out that most people seem upset about Corey’s elimination and a Blake contestant beating a Kelly contestant. Personally, I think Dana should be in instead of Rachel, but that’s an entirely different discussion. 

• Like 1

Y'all know how I adore Gihanna right? I'd defend her all over again if I had to do it on this forum (t'was fun 😂). But Jordan doesn't deserve the hate, and he deservingly won that, he had the 2nd best performance tonight on the IS, obviously 

The artists already formed a bond that's so special, I doubt any of them are bitter about the results, they're all so supportive and kind with each other. 

I get where y'all are coming from on the racism and stuffs and believe me I'm also pissed (EVER SINCE KIM AND INDIA WENT AGAINST EACH OTHER). What's new though? The thing is, we've brought this topic every season, but nothing's even happening. I'm not telling you to stop voicing the concern, but like we don't need to drag other contestants down, please.

At the end of the day, this is NOT the end of the music career for the artists. This is just the freakin' start. So y'all better support them or else- send your faves the love and supportive messages they deserve, muah ❤️

Edited by sydneysam
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, sydneysam said:

The thing is, we've brought this topic every season, but nothing's even happening. 

I love everything you say girl, but at the same time, just because nothing is happening after speaking on a serious and important issue, doesn’t mean it doesn’t deserve the spotlight after it’s downright obvious that the system is rigged against black females (and we found out not even genres make a difference. If you ask me, Gihanna had the best IS performance). 

Im not trying to add to the Jordan hate. I like the guy, Im just criticizing the system that as I previously said, consistently robs AA females and it’s disgusting.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

y’all based SOLELY on instant save performances, Jordan earned his place in the finale... but you didn’t hear it from me!

i thought Pia was absolutely excellent last night, but singing Billie? in the IS? that song choice wasn’t going to help her win😢

y’all know i ADORE Corey, but this... erm... wasn’t his week

Dana’s performance last night was really great TO ME, but her IS song confuses me??? the woman who BODIED Nutbush City Limits and Free Your Mind chose the worst time to give her most tame vocal performance yet💔

Gihanna was the closest person to robbed tonight, but even then, her IS wasn’t the stunner that it needed to be to advance...

i believe that AT LEAST one of Dana, Pia, or Gihanna should have gotten a PV and think it’s an absolute crime that Dana isn’t in the top 5, but based on tonight’s performances, i can’t be mad that Jordan advanced.

this is all my opinion SO DON’T COME FOR ME

Nailed it.

• Like 1

Just now, TheVoiceFan2 said:

I love everything you say girl, but at the same time, just because nothing is happening after speaking on a serious and important issue, doesn’t mean it doesn’t deserve the spotlight after it’s downright obvious that the system is rigged against black females (and we found out not even genres make a difference. If you ask me, Gihanna had the best IS performance). 

Im not trying to add to the Jordan hate. I like the guy, Im just criticizing the system that as I previously said, consistently robs AA females and it’s disgusting.

Yeah yeah, I've edited it out! thanks for pointing that out though

2 minutes ago, sydneysam said:

Y'all know how I adore Gihanna right? I'd defend her all over again if I had to do it on this forum (t'was fun 😂). But Jordan doesn't deserve the hate, and he deservingly won that, he had the 2nd best performance tonight on the IS, obviously 

The artists already formed a bond that's so special, I doubt any of them are bitter about the results, they're all so supportive and kind with each other. 

I get where y'all are coming from on the racism and stuffs and believe me I'm also pissed (EVER SINCE KIM AND INDIA WENT AGAINST EACH OTHER). What's new though? The thing is, we've brought this topic every season, but nothing's even happening. I'm not telling you to stop voicing the concern, but like we don't need to drag other contestants down, please.

At the end of the day, this is NOT the end of the music career for the artists. This is just the freakin' start. So y'all better support them or else- send your faves the love and supportive messages they deserve, muah ❤️

I think you said something about the demographics/voters on Gihanna's topic and I think you're right. The show is so locked in with a specific demographic that we divide the audience between minivan and casuals. At the end of the day we don't even know exactly who the casuals are or even if they vote at all.

So yes, I don't hate Jordan. As a matter of fact, I voted for him during the top 20 (?), alongside Dana and Corey. But the demographics are really something and maybe it will be best for the show to actually bring Ariana Grande and move to 1 show per year. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SNI2 said:

But the demographics are really something and maybe it will be best for the show to actually bring Ariana Grande and move to 1 show per year. 

I agree with you. But can u elaborate some more?

Just now, TheVoiceFan2 said:

I agree with mostly everything you’re saying, but all I’m seeing is pettiness and toxicity, and zero discussion. I think it’s undeniable that racism and sexism come into play, but some people decide to throw sh!t and hate instead of actually giving arguments or encouraging a healthy discussion.

• Like 2

Just now, jus.vshn said:

I agree with you. But can u elaborate some more?

It seems to me the main voter demographic (specifically voter, not only audience) is composed of middle aged women from the mid/south america and suburbs. 

As every demographic, they tend to have a type. Considering the last seasons, I'd say country male/teenagers/white pastors. 

I think that bringing a coach like Ariana will attract another voting demographic that might result in different outcomes. 

3 minutes ago, Daillon said:

I agree with mostly everything you’re saying, but all I’m seeing is pettiness and toxicity, and zero discussion. I think it’s undeniable that racism and sexism come into play, but some people decide to throw sh!t and hate instead of actually giving arguments or encouraging a healthy discussion.

I don’t think there has to be an argument for why racism is bad

• Like 1

1 minute ago, B-B said:

I don’t think there has to be an argument for why racism is bad

Of course not, that’s not what I’m saying. What I’m trying to say is that most people are wasting their time hating on Jordan, who had a good performance, instead of focusing on the root of the problem, which imo is the audience.

• Thanks 2