The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

5 minutes ago, season1 said:

Is this the first playoff result that has no KO steal advancing?

Let me check - I have to exclude Seasons 6 and 16 since no KOs existed those seasons, but give me 5 minutes and I can confirm @Rodney’s answer (I trust him but want to verify for myself).

EDIT: Season 15 had no KO steals advance; SandyRedd is the only stolen contestant to advance beyond the playoffs but she was a battle steal and KO save. On that note, the only KO save of Season 15 to not advance past the playoffs was RADHA on Team Adam. 

Edited by VintageVoice
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Let me check - I have to exclude Seasons 6 and 16 since no KOs existed those seasons, but give me 5 minutes and I can confirm @Rodney’s answer (I trust him but want to verify for myself).

Never mind.  Season fifteen had no Knockout steals make it, either.  This is the first season since that one to not see a Knockout (or Cross-Battle) steal advance past the Playoffs.

Edited by Rodney

Just now, Rodney said:

Never mind.  Season fifteen had no Knockout steals make it.  This is the first season since that one to not see a Knockout (or Cross-Battle) steal advance past the Playoffs.

Yep, saw that myself. Still interesting to see that it’s unusual for steals to all get cut right at the Playoffs. 

4 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I'm really shocked Dana didn't get the PV. Very very shocked. But happy! I hope Rachel gets the PV next week, as well. 

Rachel looked surprised when Carson called her name. She didn't expect to get the public vote because social media seemed to favor Dana. I hope Rachel gets a great song next week and nails it then she will get the PV.

• Like 3

Just now, season1 said:

Rachel looked surprised when Carson called her name. She didn't expect to get the public vote because social media seemed to favor Dana. I hope Rachel gets a great song next week and nails it then she will get the PV.

Yeah, she definitely looked surprised. She seems very humble and kind (:wink:) to me. I hope she gets a great song choice and kills it! I've mentioned River, A Case of You, and Both Sides Now, but while typing that out, I remembered Humble and Kind. I think she'd do a great job of that, too.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Never mind.  Season fifteen had no Knockout steals make it, either.  This is the first season since that one to not see a Knockout (or Cross-Battle) steal advance past the Playoffs.

34 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Yep, saw that myself. Still interesting to see that it’s unusual for steals to all get cut right at the Playoffs. 

42 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

EDIT: Season 15 had no KO steals advance; SandyRedd is the only stolen contestant to advance beyond the playoffs but she was a battle steal and KO save. On that note, the only KO save of Season 15 to not advance past the playoffs was RADHA on Team Adam. 

Thanks for the info. 

I guess if we consider people who lost their KO (either steal or save), this season would be a first without one advancing beyond the playoffs.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, QueenCami said:

Yeah, she definitely looked surprised. She seems very humble and kind (:wink:) to me. I hope she gets a great song choice and kills it! I've mentioned River, A Case of You, and Both Sides Now, but while typing that out, I remembered Humble and Kind. I think she'd do a great job of that, too.

I kept suggesting Humble and Kind on a couple of song threads (and her fan thread) since she won her KO. :haha:

• Like 4

Just now, season1 said:

I kept suggesting Humble and Kind on a couple of song threads (and her fan thread) since she won her KO. :haha:

It would be a great song for vocally her based on Addison's version, and I feel like that song would 100% fit her nature. Good pick! :))) 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I'm really shocked Dana didn't get the PV. Very very shocked. But happy! I hope Rachel gets the PV next week, as well. 

6 minutes ago, season1 said:

Yeah, I really thought that Dana had the vote on lock, even though I did have an inkling, in the back of my mind, that Rachel could possibly pull it off.  But I still mainly thought that it would be all Dana.

But indeed, Rachel got it, and I was blown away, regardless of my back-of-the-mind feeling.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Yeah, I feel the exact same way.😅 

I’m wondering if some of it could be related to Blake. She fangirled hard for him during the auditions and then he has always complimented her during the subsequent rounds. Especially last night. There was even a moment where he was like “I love you” and she was like “I love you more.” 

But whatever it is, I’m glad. Rachel gave a deserving performance that was both emotional and vocally proficient, which I always love. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Grey_Raine said:

I really wish there was someone like Nick Hagelin on this season, someone who could do the impossible: make IDF universally (well, almost) agree on something.

And what was that? That he was a god-awful singer.

Although it's opposite, I think everyone here can agree that Cam is a brilliant, extremely talented singer. I can only recall one negative thing being said about him, which is that he was good but did similar stuff over and over again, which I think is objectively incorrect.

Watched it again and Jose was  shocked that he was the Wildcard. So shocked he actually went to a different direction of the stage instead of where he was supposed to. He realized it and ran back and you could hear Kelly laughing and being like "where are you going?"

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Watched it again and Jose was  shocked that he was the Wildcard. So shocked he actually went to a different direction of the stage instead of where he was supposed to. He realized it and ran back and you could hear Kelly laughing and being like "where are you going?"

He clearly expected to be instantly eliminated lol. I’m glad he got the chance to sing again. ☺️

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Grey_Raine said:

I really wish there was someone like Nick Hagelin on this season, someone who could do the impossible: make IDF universally (well, almost) agree on something.

And what was that? That he was a god-awful singer.

My least favorite contestant of all time. We could have had Ryan Quinn in the Top 12 instead

21 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

Christina had a stacked team that year, and America voted through the one bad contestant on her team

I don't know what Xtina was thinking when she gave him another chance, that's why i hate the"Coach Comeback" feature to this day, it seemed great at first, but ended being useless trash

5 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

I don't know what Xtina was thinking when she gave him another chance, that's why i hate the"Coach Comeback" feature to this day, it seemed great at first, but ended being useless trash

The producers made her, iirc.