The Voice ๐ŸŒŸ Season 25 ๐ŸŒŸ Spoilers/News/Updates Reba, Dan & Shay, Legend, Chance

Someone648

5 hours ago, Anybody354 said:

I could see L. making Rebaโ€™s top 3.

If I had no reason to believe otherwise Iโ€™d think L would make her top 3 too, but I remember the Hollywood Junket spoilers saying the judges were critical of Lโ€™s playoff performance

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, indii said:

If I had no reason to believe otherwise Iโ€™d think L would make her top 3 too, but I remember the Hollywood Junket spoilers saying the judges were critical of Lโ€™s playoff performance

Oh now I remember

I'll be honest, this is the worst leak in recent memory and worse than any KO performance from episode 1. Maddi's performance was a mess with the exception of a few parts, and Kamalei was completely bland. I didn't expect much from Kamalei, But Maddi was super disappointing, especially since that was well within her capabilities. All I could think about was Kalvin's version.

ย 

If I had to pick, I'd go with Maddi. Nothing wrong with Kamalei's performance. He was objectively better. no pitch issues and all. But he just bores me more than any contestant this season. Fairly limited vocally(so far), plain tone, and he doesn't do anything interesting with the songs he's given.

ย 

We're in for quite a night if these 2 are one of the better performances from the KO episode.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

Ok now I had time to relisten lol

Kamalei didnโ€™t exactly do anything groundbreaking there, but it was a good cover of All of Me. Overdone sure, but a good job.

Maddi wasnโ€™t awful, but it was really weak. All over the place with a great run there at the end, sure, but we wouldnโ€™t be entertaining who won that KO if that were Serenity, Dani, or another pop vocalist. Wouldโ€™ve been an easy elimination. It was just a letdown by Maddi imo. Iโ€™m sticking with Kamalei here.

On 4/9/2024 at 7:43 PM, FloorWax said:

Anyway. These numbers are very low so they probably wonโ€™t mean anything long term but it should give a decent idea of how the core audience is feeling so far

ย 

Reacts

Nathan 10K

Josh 5.3K

Asher 4.4K

Tae 3.6K

Frank 3K

Olivia 2.9K

Kyle 2.8K

Serenity 2.5K

Val 1.9K

Ashley 1.7K

Anya 953

Dani 945

ย 

Views

Nathan 218K

Josh 176K

Asher 100K

Frank 92K

Serenity 81K

Tae 76K

Kyle 67K

Olivia 64K

Ashley 50K

Val 47K

Dani 34K

Anya 32K

ย 

Shares

Nathan 619

Josh 484

Asher 481

Frank 261

Tae 215

Olivia 140

Kyle 103

Val 93

Ashley 88

Serenity 81

Dani 47

Anya 30

Wait they actually liked Nathan ? Wayy more than Josh ? John better not mess this upย 

Again, I quite liked Maddiโ€™s performance this time butโ€ฆ

ย 

If Chanceโ€™s Top 3 is indeed RLETTO/Maddi/Serenity, ooh boy. Theyโ€™re not bad but I see no finalist here. I think Maddi and RLETTO probably get the boot Week 1 and Serenity becomes the frontrunner for this team.

ย 

Edited by MusicBuff101
  • Confused 1

I can't stress enough how much of a waste of a steal Kamalei would be. All 3 of his performances so far have beenย fineย but I struggle to think of a single moment in any of his performances that have genuinely impressed me or stuck with me in any way. I agree with everyone saying he probably had the more vocally "perfect" performance but it's not as hard to be on key when you're literally not doing anything interesting with the song anyways

ย 

I honestly think he probably is a better vocalist than he's shown on the show but he's been given 3 song choices that don't really go anywhere or show off anything. I'm not saying I can't enjoy a performance if there's not vocal acrobatics throughout but I'd like to at least come away with anything from his performances other than thinking "it was fine"

ย 

The title of this video is also hilarious because in what world was Kamalei's performance explosive or energeticย ๐Ÿ˜ญ

ย 

Edited by indii
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Just as I figured:

Maddi Jane (New Rules) vs. Kamalei Kawa'a (All of Me)

ย 

ย 

This is a little bit underwhelming. Had to rewatch, I think New Rules is a bus song, but Maddi delivered. Kamalei did good vocally but his bouncing is distracting.

ย 

I think Chance will choose Maddi and John will steal Kamalei

ย 

I really want to see Gene Vs Mafe even if it didn't end in steal?ย I'll just wait till Monday ๐Ÿ˜’

Watching the KO leak & have a few quick thoughts:

ย 

1. New Rules is a fun song, but I donโ€™t think it was the right song for Maddi. It sounded a bit messy vocally & the performance relied more than usual on Maddiโ€™s charisma (which she has in spades) to keep things going. The charisma and previous body of work might be enough to advance her through here, but Maddi will need to step it up going forward if she wants to keep doing fast paced pop songs.ย 

ย 

2. Kamalei, while less messy vocally, was also less of a risk taker - if you donโ€™t take minor risks sometimes, you donโ€™t really grow as an artist (even after youโ€™ve established your sense of self creatively). Sure, one might argue singing a John Legend song in front of John is a risk because heโ€™s so picky about his songs being done on the show, but itโ€™s a style of music thatโ€™s familiar to the audience of the show in a way that Maddiโ€™s wasnโ€™tโ€ฆbut that familiarity might also be an easier path to votes if he does make the live shows.

ย 

3. Can we swap whichever of them gets stolen for Frank? No? Damn it, but oh well.

6 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Just as I figured:

Maddi Jane (New Rules) vs. Kamalei Kawa'a (All of Me)

ย 

enjoyed both, expecting her to win though

19 minutes ago, indii said:

I can't stress enough how much of a waste of a steal Kamalei would be. All 3 of his performances so far have beenย fineย but I struggle to think of a single moment in any of his performances that have genuinely impressed me or stuck with me in any way. I agree with everyone saying he probably had the more vocally "perfect" performance but it's not as hard to be on key when you're literally not doing anything interesting with the song anyways

ย 

I honestly think he probably is a better vocalist than he's shown on the show but he's been given 3 song choices that don't really go anywhere or show off anything. I'm not saying I can't enjoy a performance if there's not vocal acrobatics throughout but I'd like to at least come away with anything from his performances other than thinking "it was fine"

ย 

The title of this video is also hilarious because in what world was Kamalei's performance explosive or energeticย ๐Ÿ˜ญ

ย 

I mean outside of Tae and Asher and maybe Anya and Kyle alit of these knockout performances have been fine .

I canโ€™t believe that ended in a steal when Frank had to go home ://

ย 

I hope Chance picks Maddi because sheโ€™s got more potential whereas I feel like Kamalei has already shown what heโ€™s capable of. Heโ€™d be easy fodder on Johnโ€™s Playoff team though, I doubt we would have to worry about John choosing him over any of Nathan/Bryan/Gene/Zoe. Thereโ€™s just no wow factor to his performances.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, juls1983 said:

I mean outside of Tae and Asher and maybe Anya and Kyle alit of these knockout performances have been fine .

I would've stolen Frank, Val, Dani, and maybe Ashley before I steal Kamalei. And even if Mafe bombs her performance on Monday I'd steal her over Kamalei.

1 minute ago, FloorWax said:

I canโ€™t believe that ended in a steal when Frank had to go home ://

ย 

I hope Chance picks Maddi because sheโ€™s got more potential whereas I feel like Kamalei has already shown what heโ€™s capable of. Heโ€™d be easy fodder on Johnโ€™s Playoff team though, I doubt we would have to worry about John choosing him over any of Nathan/Bryan/Gene/Zoe.

For all we know, Chance could've picked Kamalei and left Maddi to go home without a steal, whereas John chose to save RLETTO or Alyssa instead

Evil Witch Queen GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Watching the KO leak & have a few quick thoughts:

ย 

1. New Rules is a fun song, but I donโ€™t think it was the right song for Maddi. It sounded a bit messy vocally & the performance relied more than usual on Maddiโ€™s charisma (which she has in spades) to keep things going. The charisma and previous body of work might be enough to advance her through here, but Maddi will need to step it up going forward if she wants to keep doing fast paced pop songs.ย 

ย 

2. Kamalei, while less messy vocally, was also less of a risk taker - if you donโ€™t take minor risks sometimes, you donโ€™t really grow as an artist (even after youโ€™ve established your sense of self creatively). Sure, one might argue singing a John Legend song in front of John is a risk because heโ€™s so picky about his songs being done on the show, but itโ€™s a style of music thatโ€™s familiar to the audience of the show in a way that Maddiโ€™s wasnโ€™tโ€ฆbut that familiarity might also be an easier path to votes if he does make the live shows.

ย 

3. Can we swap whichever of them gets stolen for Frank? No? Damn it, but oh well.

Was frank or even Val up ro be stolen ?Because it looks like teir knockouts were after the steals were already used upย 

1 minute ago, juls1983 said:

Was frank or even Val up ro be stolen ?Because it looks like teir knockouts were after the steals were already used upย 

Idk, havenโ€™t kept up with spoilers at all this season (but it wouldnโ€™t surprise me if that was the case).

1 minute ago, indii said:

I would've stolen Frank, Val, Dani, and maybe Ashley before I steal Kamalei. And even if Mafe bombs her performance on Monday I'd steal her over Kamalei.

But we all knew at least 2 of the steals were already and Tae choose Dan and shay .The only unknown steal was John's .

It's funny, I do agree that this is Maddi's shakiest performance, the song was too fast paced and it led to some awkward vocal placements, but at the same time she still managed to power through the song and deliver some great power moments. In the hands of a lesser artist this would have been a train wreck, but Maddi handled it like a pro. And she acts like a pro too, her stage presence is so polished and she clearly wants this bad. I hope she continues to do that till the very end.

ย 

Kamalei is pleasant enough, I just feel that I've heard so many other superior versions of this song, some on this very stage. Maddi all the way. Yeah I'm biased, sue me.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Hsamid said:

We're in for quite a night if these 2 are one of the better performances from the KO episode.

ย 

Well to be fair they were really only picking between the ones that resulted in a steal. For non-steal pairings, thereโ€™s still Gene and Karen to look forward to, and of course Zoe/Jackie could still be good.

ย 

I will say that the round takes a hit from the Playoff Pass contestants not being able to perform.

• Like 1

New Rules might not be the best song for a competition but I do applaud her for the risk taking and bringing something different. I think a lot of the song is carry by the rhythm and arrangement which they changed enough to make it not quite what we are used to. Vocally I think I appreciate Maddi more and more with each rewatch. I'm a Maddi Stand so.ย ย 

ย 

Kamalei on the other hand is a low risk song. His voice is really nice, quite beautifulย but the performance doesn't bring much a bit bland with no high moments.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, juls1983 said:

But we all knew at least 2 of the steals were already and Tae choose Dan and shay .The only unknown steal was John's .

As I said, I still think there's multiple people John should've stolen over him (assuming he does which which is still 100% just speculation, if Chance picked Kamalei instead of Maddi & Maddi gets stolen that's a whole other conversation to have about Chance)

4 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

It's funny, I do agree that this is Maddi's shakiest performance, the song was too fast paced and it led to some awkward vocal placements, but at the same time she still managed to power through the song and deliver some great power moments. In the hands of a lesser artist this would have been a train wreck, but Maddi handled it like a pro. And she acts like a pro too, her stage presence is so polished and she clearly wants this bad. I hope she continues to do that till the very end.

ย 

Kamalei is pleasant enough, I just feel that I've heard so many other superior versions of this song, some on this very stage. Maddi all the way. Yeah I'm biased, sue me.

Yeah, anyone other than Maddi wouldโ€™ve been done for sure after that performance - I donโ€™t know if Chance will actually pick her, but that โ€œbreath of fresh airโ€ energy into a competition with a constantly recycled song catalogue would make playoffs & beyond more interesting.

• Like 1