The Voice 🌟 Season 25 🌟 Spoilers/News/Updates Reba, Dan & Shay, Legend, Chance

Someone648

2 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

After the first episode of Knockouts, i think it's safe to say that none of these performances were a "Landslide" moment.

We haven't really had an iconic KO since S21 with GNT, and arguably Wendy and Jershika.

Β 

S22 can be argued to with Kique. Which is the most viewed KO on the voice channel, and people on youtubr and insta (not necessarily on here) seemed to agree it was an alltimer.

Edited by Hsamid

12 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

We haven't really had an iconic KO since S21 with GNT, and arguably Wendy and Jershika.

Β 

S22 can be argued to with Kique. Which is the most viewed KO on the voice channel, and people on youtubr and insta (not necessarily on here) seemed to agree it was an alltimer.

We need another Kim Cruser just coming in slowly and then annihilating her knockout.Β 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Β 

It depends on how you define iconic. If you mean purely by performance quality, I’d put Alexa & Nini in that category. If you mean a performance that single handedly changed the artist entire momentum in the competition & gave them frontrunner status, I’d agree that there hasn’t been one since GNT/Wendy, and before that the most recent one I could think of is…I have no idea. Maybe DeSz?

Other notes from yesterday's show -Β 

Β 

Josh Sanders sure is showcasing himself as that next anonymous country singer who will have a #1 on country radio. Kudos for actually singing super modern songs, between Nate Smith, Bailey Zimmerman and Corey Kent. Doubt the audience even knows what these songs even are. While we're here, what's up with the love for "Wild as Her?" Granted, Corey Kent was an alum and he's cashin on royalties, but there seems to be a special place for Wi-wi-wiiii-iiii-iii-iii-i-i on this show. It's almost like that daring bad-boy bro-country thing TPTB wants to break away from the old school monotony. Almost expected TPTB to give Sanders special contact lenses that allowed him to shoot red-eyed laser beams like in the MV. With song choices like that, I can't see Sanders even making the top 5, even if 1974 Dixieland might be the switcheroo. Bet dude's gonna do Warren Zeiders' "Pretty Little Poison" at some point, and the audience will pull a collective shrug emoji.

Β 

Almost expected Ashley Bryant to do the Cole Swindell remix of that song, but he did prop back up that '90s gem into gen Z relevance. Reba came into prominence in the '90s so not surprising she'd draw from that well for Ashley.Β 

Β 

Olivia has a piercing voice - her style is kinda this '70s pop voice on '70s songs. Ronstadt, bluejeanbaby-L.A.lady, I'm sure she's gonna keep drawing from that well.Β 

Β 

I actually liked Anya's song choice. She kinda had that Billie Eilish glom-emo voice and is embodying that whole dark pop stuff of the late 2010s. TikTok is great at bringing back songs that never hit it big (AURORA's 2014 release was met with zero reception, but in 2021 it got into the charts). Again, audience says "what is this" but this fits Anya's vibe well.Β 

Β 

Β 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

I feel Anya has a way more unique voice and style in comparison to Gina, which is not gonna help her with getting votes. Gina was more conventional and that allowed her to be better received by the audience. Just compare their song choices, Gina sang a bunch of overused songs on singing competitions while Anya has sang three songs that were never sung in the show before.Β 

Β 

I honestly would rather for Anya to be herself and do her thing instead of trying to appeal to the audience just for votes (i'm not saying Gina did this, btw).

Β 

Agreed, but in terms of well known songs that the general audience can be more familiar with and relate to, I could see Anya covering a song of Christina Perri, Lana Del Rey, Billie Eilish, or Gracie Abrams. It could help her obtain more votes if she were to make it to lives

Anyway. These numbers are very low so they probably won’t mean anything long term but it should give a decent idea of how the core audience is feeling so far

Β 

Reacts

Nathan 10K

Josh 5.3K

Asher 4.4K

Tae 3.6K

Frank 3K

Olivia 2.9K

Kyle 2.8K

Serenity 2.5K

Val 1.9K

Ashley 1.7K

Anya 953

Dani 945

Β 

Views

Nathan 218K

Josh 176K

Asher 100K

Frank 92K

Serenity 81K

Tae 76K

Kyle 67K

Olivia 64K

Ashley 50K

Val 47K

Dani 34K

Anya 32K

Β 

Shares

Nathan 619

Josh 484

Asher 481

Frank 261

Tae 215

Olivia 140

Kyle 103

Val 93

Ashley 88

Serenity 81

Dani 47

Anya 30

Edited by FloorWax

As someone who’s a huge fan of both, I think people are pegging Anya as the indie artist with the most voter appeal when I think it’s pretty clearly Olivia. I think people might be shocked at how popular Olivia is with the audience

Edited by indii
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Anyway. These numbers are very low so they probably won’t mean anything long term but it should give a decent idea of how the core audience is feeling so far

Β 

Reacts

Nathan 10K

Josh 5.3K

Asher 4.4K

Tae 3.6K

Frank 3K

Olivia 2.9K

Kyle 2.8K

Serenity 2.5K

Val 1.9K

Ashley 1.7K

Anya 953

Dani 945

Β 

Views

Nathan 218K

Josh 176K

Asher 100K

Frank 92K

Serenity 81K

Tae 76K

Kyle 67K

Olivia 64K

Ashley 50K

Val 47K

Dani 34K

Anya 32K

Β 

Shares

Nathan 619

Josh 484

Asher 481

Frank 261

Tae 215

Olivia 140

Kyle 103

Val 93

Ashley 88

Serenity 81

Dani 47

Anya 30

View/Like Ratios

Tae 21.1

Nathan 21.8

Olivia 22

Asher 22.7

Kyle 23.9

Serenity 32.4

Josh 33.2

Anya 33.6

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, indii said:

It depends on how you define iconic. If you mean purely by performance quality, I’d put Alexa & Nini in that category. If you mean a performance that single handedly changed the artist entire momentum in the competition & gave them frontrunner status, I’d agree that there hasn’t been one since GNT/Wendy, and before that the most recent one I could think of is…I have no idea. Maybe DeSz?

Performances that stand the test of time among voice viewers, casual and the more hard-core ones like us.Β  Its usually the ones that get the most views and a combination of both the things you mentioned. The quality of performance and it becoming a "moment" for the artist.

Β 

For example, I see Kyla Jade's KO reposted on SM from time to time and it still gets plenty of views. Its also the 2nd most viewed video on the voice reupload channel.

Β 

Β 

29 minutes ago, indii said:

As someone who’s a huge fan of both, I think people are pegging Anya as the indie artist with the most voter appeal when I think it’s pretty clearly Olivia. I think people might be shocked at how popular Olivia is with the audience

Β 

I like Anya but I think she'll have problems with voters. She lost to Kyle on the app fwiw. If she's got a big moment in her (not necessarily a big song), the time is at hand.

Β 

I'm wouldn't be surprised if Olivia does pretty well with voters. She's in a sweet spot for the show's demo and she does a lot of things well. She should be right up my alley but I can't get there - she never seems quite genuine to me, but that could be on me. Sometimes I just cant get on a singer's wavelength.

1 hour ago, Hsamid said:

Performances that stand the test of time among voice viewers, casual and the more hard-core ones like us.Β  Its usually the ones that get the most views and a combination of both the things you mentioned. The quality of performance and it becoming a "moment" for the artist.

Β 

For example, I see Kyla Jade's KO reposted on SM from time to time and it still gets plenty of views. Its also the 2nd most viewed video on the voice reupload channel.

Β 

Β 

i think it’s far more likely for someone like kyla or wendy to get reposted than someone like lila or zan. like the market on SM for singing accounts is the big jhud type voicesΒ 

• Like 3

The way we had two of the best Latin American talents to be on the show in Frank and Mafe and they're both gone before Playoffs...

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

The way we had two of the best Latin American talents to be on the show in Frank and Mafe and they're both gone before Playoffs...

They're definitely up there. But Johnny Bliss though.

Β 

14 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Mafe isn't going home stop saying that.

2 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Watch Gene’s info be wrong and Mafe actually won

Β 

It can fit with my song release theory. We never got confirmation of Gene from the Hollywood Junket article, right?

Speaking of, we can put Kamalei in the list of people who officially released music this season. Hopefully this means good news for Maddi.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AD25 said:

Agreed, but in terms of well known songs that the general audience can be more familiar with and relate to, I could see Anya covering a song of Christina Perri, Lana Del Rey, Billie Eilish, or Gracie Abrams. It could help her obtain more votes if she were to make it to lives

Safest bet is the Joni Mitchell,Bonnie Raitt,Patty Griffin,Ray La Montagne kinda lane imo

Β 

Would love to hear her on Joni's A Case of You,this one would be an audience friendly one for Anya.Β 

Β 

But I agree she should be herself and pick whatever song she wants, whether it leads to her elimination or notΒ 

1 hour ago, Teraginn said:

Β 

It can fit with my song release theory. We never got confirmation of Gene from the Hollywood Junket article, right?

Speaking of, we can put Kamalei in the list of people who officially released music this season. Hopefully this means good news for Maddi.

Maddi probably made it, so calm down. Why would they leak someone twice if it's not for pimping them?

• Haha 1

Just now, thevoiceisthetop said:

BrittanyBree got leaked three times and still was eliminated

Ok, yeah, that was weird, especially considering that we were convinced that she made it to the livesΒ :dead:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Maddi probably made it, so calm down. Why would they leak someone twice if it's not for pimping them?

Β 

laughs in Val T Webb

• Haha 6