Is Colin Stough’s past behavior acceptable?

Idol Maniac

Condoning The Use Of The N-Word

https://www.instagram.com/p/Br8AJ6glf1p/

4-CEC8-A6-F-7-CAF-4-F0-F-9262-D15459-C1-

hadygrady1979: My n**** you showed out that was awesome dude and then you rip in Hatley tigers I went to Hatley that's so awesome brother

colinstough: thank ya I appreciate it 💯💯

Seemingly Supporting The Confederate Flag

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0QShV7NJAP3j7ZVqCUqSAbBFi6pMG1KjoibmSSN21CVQyaG53YZSBvnM3tXnvEbVMl&id=100014945071897

A986-C9-AD-8602-4-F26-AF3-D-D598-A383-D8

Sharing A Meme Which Compares Offensive Statues & Sagging Pants

https://m.facebook.com/story.php/?story_fbid=pfbid02fJhA7oX8ZzYTxeq5fhaGZvwAdLQpQv4VbWoPnePZG5orJzsfJaQ6KiiATJ43Desml&id=100014945071897

27-EDBC3-A-203-F-461-F-A58-D-F8-C6-E27-F

Taking Hunting Trophy Photos

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02x8V7Ue5RYqwW8Q3EttfMS36HUHJYyRSqC8YbGGVj9kwg8V9yNn8BQZjPuiNqBTVXl&id=1966273053695627

28-E08172-078-E-40-F6-AA03-569920-D30112

Edited by Idol Maniac
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, StarWalker1 said:

Oh and here goes our yearly country contestant getting into controversy ...

Anyways yikes at those screenshots ... but idk if it's anything close to the stuff from past seasons ago

Yeah, it seems that Caleb Kennedy was worse.  But it’s not a good thing for Colin.

• Like 3

I was gonna say "WTH happens with this show??" but then i remembered all the controversial contestants that have been on The Voice, starting with, oh well, Morgan Wallen. :dead: 

At least The Voice's contestants hide these things pretty well while they are still on the show :P

it shouldn't matter, what matters is that the fan's vote. As for the Confederate Flag, i'd say bone up on your history. The South lost the Civil war, Abraham Lincoln  became the president of the united states. The point is the south lost the civil war, the flag is nothing but a musuem ornament at this point. And i don't beleive in stirring the pot.   

Should it be acceptable? No. However, there are people who don't think this is a big deal, acceptable, etc. I don't think he will be disqualified from the competition.

Also, in the genre he is going into they don't really care. Morgan Wallen is doing very well. Even Caleb Kennedy is songwriting in Nashville so they didn't care about his behavior. 

Edited by ptebwwong

11 minutes ago, m1key said:

Yeah as much as I would love to see him be disqualified I don't this is extreme enough :( I'm sure he has said/done much worse than this, it's likely just not publicly available.

Not publicly available yet.  But what he's posted so far might be one reason why he doesn't have as sympathetic a story or is portrayed as being as likable as Noah from last season was.

3 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Not publicly available yet.  But what he's posted so far might be one reason why he doesn't have as sympathetic a story or is portrayed as being as likable as Noah from last season was.

Noah had the young dad with baby back-story.  But look at how quickly Idol forgave Laine.

Even if Colin is ousted, the Country base will just replace him with someone else.  When Caleb Kennedy was axed, they still had Chayce.

Interesting that MJs current ranking has Iam, Warren, Colin in the Top 3.

38 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

Noah had the young dad with baby back-story.  But look at how quickly Idol forgave Laine.

Even if Colin is ousted, the Country base will just replace him with someone else.  When Caleb Kennedy was axed, they still had Chayce.

Interesting that MJs current ranking has Iam, Warren, Colin in the Top 3.

Also interesting that the main reason why Colin is in the Top 3 is because of his most recent song choice.  He does his best with the songs he can sing without a band, but that's going to be a problem with Rock & Roll Hall of Fame night, among other theme nights.  Still, he'll get far unfortunately.  Top 5, undoubtedly but Top 3?  Maybe not so much, what with Warren in the running.  And I wouldn't mind him beating Colin -- as long as Warren hasn't done stuff that would be really controversial or even mildly controversial.

Omg the Idol subreddit is such a grossssss place.... The main moderator of the sub thinks that one of the photos was "photoshopped" and we should "exhale and wait and see how this plays out before trying to cancel an 18 year old."  They also marked the thread as "unverified" as if it's a made up scandal :dead: Sounds like someone who wants to come to his defense very badly!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Somebody posted something like this during last Sunday's show thread. lol

I'm not a bit surprised. He has that of energy, not the shy small town boy with innocent world views that AI tried to present him as.

When he said "I love my mom" again this week, I took it as "i don't care what you think" which I thought was arrogant. Its not that serious, but he made it one. He knows exactly what he's doing here.

Edited by jjeem

2 minutes ago, Maxwell said:

Ugh.  It's not enough to disqualify him but it makes me want anyone other than him to win this season.  🤢

• Like 6